GOT: Why do people hate Sansa?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I can't make up my mind about Sansa. I want to like her, but I'm having trouble doing it. I wish she had been nicer to the Hound, though. He protected her multiple times, and she quaked and quivered in his presence--in the books, at least.
    Well, while he helps her, he's also pretty scary! I mean, he threatens to kill her and stuff. Clearly, he's in love with her, but I can understand her wariness and at her age, she probably isn't picking up on that.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    IMO she acts helpless, she blames everyone for her problems, she thinks of herself over her family, its all about her. She is a brat who throws family under the bus. I dont care if she is 11 or not. She obsessive over being rich and married to powerful husband.

I think the is going threw traumatic stuff but she does not change her mindset much. She wants to be a queen and that seems to be all that matters.
    Right, I see that in the beginning when everything is happy. But after Joffrey chops off her father's head, her attitude changes dramatically.

Not really. She thinks her dad and sister are traitors, she think the queen will look after her since the queen has always been nice. She still wants to marry joffery even after the way her treats her. She still talks bad about family.
    She specifically tells Joffrey she hates him and doesn't want to marry him and she tells him she hopes her brother gives her Joffrey's head for a present.

Does she suddenly change her mind about those things at some point? I guess that's what I'm asking in my OP. Because after Ned dies, she does a 180. Does she do another 180 back to where she started?

And when she writes the letters and everything, she's trying to save her father's life.

In the book i do not see a 180. I see her believe the Lannisters and she does say what she needs to survive. I am 3/4 the way through book 2 right now. She is just now deciding she was to get away and no marry joffery. But until not too long ago she still wanted to marry him thinking he would change once they were married. Very naive.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was like WTF? :huh:

But I've never seen it, nor read the books so I couldn't tell ya. Sorry!:ohwell:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Sansa is REALLY annoying initially, and that first (and second and third and ninth) impression is difficult to shake. She definitely gets vastly better, but I understand why people have trouble getting over her early behavior.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Have not read the books --- but watched all 3 seasons. l love Sansa -- but Daenerys is definitely my girl crush!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Oh. I guess I shouldn't read so fast or trust my eyesight.

I thought this was about people who hate Santa. I suppose the fact that it's July should have tipped me off.:laugh:
  • rml_16
    Options
    In the book i do not see a 180. I see her believe the Lannisters and she does say what she needs to survive. I am 3/4 the way through book 2 right now. She is just now deciding she was to get away and no marry joffery. But until not too long ago she still wanted to marry him thinking he would change once they were married. Very naive.

What are you reading? She wants to not marry Joffrey immediately after he kills her father. That gets established in book 1.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I don't hate her, but I don't like her. She doesn't seem appreciative for the things that come her way, like being RESCUED by The Hound or

If anything, she just makes me fling my hands up and go, "WTF SANSA?!" a lot. Books and show.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Sansa is REALLY annoying initially, and that first (and second and third and ninth) impression is difficult to shake. She definitely gets vastly better, but I understand why people have trouble getting over her early behavior.
    If she were older or hadn't led such a sheltered life, I would have disliked her from the beginning. But I excuse a lot because of her age.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sansa might be an interesting character later on but at the moment she's a useless ditz who does nothing interesting. That may change though, in book 5 she gets in some interesting situations and she seems to be growing up in the world.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Sansa might be an interesting character later on but at the moment she's a useless ditz who does nothing interesting. That may change though, in book 5 she gets in some interesting situations and she seems to be growing up in the world.
    I agree her actual actions aren't severely important to the plot, but her POV is. At least in as far as I've read/watched.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I can see why people would be annoyed by the TV version's naivety, but the book version never annoyed me. She seems younger and you're kind of inside her head, so it's easier to get where she's coming from. She's just sort of a pawn in a chess match.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sansa acts like a scared little girl and she touches that place in us. And if you haven't sat down and had a conversation with your scared, spoiled inner 11 year old, well, yer gonna get yer hate on.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I stopped liking her since the wolf Lady died because of Sansa's lie in the 1st season. She went against her little sister story and supported Joffrey's lies.

Since that time I really don't like her even though I feel bad about the struggles she has to go through.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Sansa acts like a scared little girl and she touches that place in us. And if you haven't sat down and had a conversation with your scared, spoiled inner 11 year old, well, yer gonna get yer hate on.
    That makes a lot of sense.

So far no one has given me reason to think she suddenly becomes a Lannister-lover later, so I'm thinking you nailed it. lol
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about the sensa you spread over your food to lose weight :((
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    wasnt sure what the acronym was at first and thought this thread was about Sensa. carry on.

nwld.gif
  • rml_16
    Options
    wasnt sure what the acronym was at first and thought this thread was about Sensa. carry on.

nwld.gif

Love the gif!
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love the guy. He is jolly and brings me presents for Christmas.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

nwld.gif
    ME TOO!
    mlfw7583-12550.gif