July (2016) Running Challenge

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2016
    @robotfood and @kristinegift thanks for the response. Thursday she ate a protein bar an hour before her run and today she didn't eat at all. Perhaps a hydration issue? I'll have to do more reading on it. She's gotten into a bad habit (in my opinion) of drinking while she's running...3 miles or 10 she is drinking at a 1/4 mile. I'll have to ask if she was drinking Thursday or not.
    @kristinegift great run today :smile: congrats - I recognize the spot you are standing in
    @respectthekitty I'm almost 55 5'6" and 120ish lbs. I burn between 80-90 calories a mile at around 10+ min mile. You really should find something to track your calories burned. My calories are set at 1400 but I eat back my calories to net at least 1200 if I run that day. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes it's hard to eat 1800 calories or so to get to 1400 net, makes me wonder how I got 60 lbs overweight ha ha! But I can eat a horse on my rest day. So I need to watch that. When I was at my running peak 120 - 140 miles a month I seldom paid attention to my calorie intake.
    @_nikkiwolf_ sorry but I had to laugh at your post, what a run you had. I'm impressed you got out there.
    @stoshew71 how was the trail over there? Nice pix. From Jenn's post looked like she had a great run. We ran into a woman walking back to her car in Research Park, she left it by the start line, she didn't realize how close the finish was to the start if you walk out of Midtowne and walked the course backwards to get to her car. Poor thing I didn't have the heart to tell her she was less than a 1/4 mile if she walked the other direction.

Edited to add: she didn't drink the exercise mix Thrs but had fruit with the protein bar about an hour before her run I'm reading that fruit/fruit juice is a big no no before your run. @kristinegift I forgot to say she did the opposite foot on exhale because I've use that before and it did help some.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @greenolivetree that's only on running days, I just don't eat as much if I run a lot. Weird
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    @greenolivetree that's only on running days, I just don't eat as much if I run a lot. Weird

When I was running later in the day after work, I lost my evening appetite. But when I run first thing in the morning, I'm hungry.
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    exercise.png
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    When I was running later in the day after work, I lost my evening appetite. But when I run first thing in the morning, I'm hungry.

I'm the same. Even if it's only 3 miles in the morning, I'm like a starving beast all day. A run, even 10 miles, in the evening though and I would happily not touch anything until breakfast.

Anyway, guess which moron fell over last night while wearing high heels and having drunk a little bit too much tequila *sheepishly raises hand* I've had pain all down the bottom of my right foot all day, although it has significantly eased since this morning and a walk around the supermarket seemed to do it the world of good. I'm hoping I can make it out for a short run tomorrow and move my long run to Tuesday instead. This month is off to a bad start already for my running, I've only made it out 3 times :-1: I'll just have to catch up before I go on holiday on the 30th, knowing that I at least have that week off to recover!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    vandinem wrote: »
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    July  2     6.5      6.5 
    July  3     5.0     11.5 
    July  4     4.3     15.8 
    July  6     4.3     20.1 
    July  9    13.2     33.3 

13.2?! Yay, @vandinem !
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    4 days off really made me forget how much I love running....after a 5 mile easy run this morning, and a 1 mile hard run this afternoon.....I'm now having to tell myself to NOT go for a third run tonight.....This bodes well for my up coming training cycle
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    July 9th: 10.5 miles (6 mile jog, 4.5 mile high incline treadmill)

Monthly total: 57.75/100 miles
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Ran in 68 degrees today. It was heaven

Date.....Distance..Avg hr/Pace/km
    July 1 - 7.7 km - 148/6:09
    July 2 - 5.8 km - 147/6:56
    July 3 - 11.6km - 151/6:22
    July 4 - rest
    July 5 - 7.0 km - 149/6:34
    July 6 - 6.5 km - 147/6:32
    July 7 - 4.4 km - 139/7:00
    July 8 - 5.7 km - ???/7:00
    July 9 - 6.0 km - 130/8:30
    July 10- 7.0 km - 146/5:54

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    04/06: Happy Run 5k 21:57
    22/07: Bucharest After9Cross 9.5k
    28/08: Fox Trail Half Marathon (10k)
    18/09: Baneasa Trail Run (10k)
    09/10: Bucharest International Marathon (Half)