July (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me, from running - I'll do some kind of light cardio and I need to do upper body and ab work. I ran 17 miles Fri-Sun and I have 19.5 to go to hit my 100 miles for July! By Wednesday I'll hit 26.5 miles for that week (Fri-Thur is how my brain works and Thurs is rest day) which will be 3 more miles than my previous high week. Once I get to 100 on Saturday, I'll take Sunday as an extra rest day and then lighten up so I'll have a cutback week of 18 miles. After that, no clue! I think I'll just run by feel day to day for August and try to hit around 75 miles? Then maybe for Sept start pushing it again. At the end of July I'll be at 427.5 miles for the year, so having run 100 of those in one month, I think I need a rest :-D
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Got in 4.1 miles on my lunch break. Felt like I was gonna puke at about 3 miles so I did the last mile easy. No 5k PRs for me today. :smile:

Now I must go eat all teh thingz

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty nice running!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »

I feel for you kiddo. Something I get to look forward to in the coming days, and mine are horrible also. Looking forward to my surgery in November where I will no longer have to deal with TOM ever again. 6 weeks recuperation is a small price to pay. lol

I figure I've got about 7-8 years left of this *kitten*. LOL

I feel for you kiddo. Something I get to look forward to in the coming days, and mine are horrible also. Looking forward to my surgery in November where I will no longer have to deal with TOM ever again. 6 weeks recuperation is a small price to pay. lol

totally looking forward to no more TOM. laid up last week.

I ate an entire box of cookies last week.

I have to be careful of what I eat this week... lol

LOL you all are so funny! Wait to you replace TOM with hot flashes ha ha

I think the hot flashes will be easier than battling the invisible carbmoodycrampycrybabybitch /nothingfitswhersthetamponsimafailure monster.

And I'm down with HRT :wink:
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options

I think the hot flashes will be easier than battling the invisible carbmoodycrampycrybabybitch /nothingfitswhersthetamponsimafailure monster.

TMI time:

I can't wear tampons so I have to run with a pad crawling up my *kitten*. Did that today. So not comfortable.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

TMI time:

I can't wear tampons so I have to run with a pad crawling up my *kitten*. Did that today. So not comfortable.

Well... I'll avoid the tmi of tampons... I understand the pad problems too... sweaty creepy rolling pads, the dang sticky flips and sticks to where it ain't suppose to be :angry: . I bought a cup, I haven't run with it yet.

Sorry guys. There's a down side to all this beauty.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @AdrianChr92 Sweet shoes! Do they come in pink or purple?!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

TMI time:

Well... I'll avoid the tmi of tampons... I understand the pad problems too... sweaty creepy rolling pads, the dang sticky flips and sticks to where it ain't suppose to be :angry: . I bought a cup, I haven't run with it yet.

Sorry guys. There's a down side to all this beauty.

a cup :open_mouth: OMG Once you hit menopause you just need to start to wear depends so when you pee yourself it's not down your leg LOL!!!! I'm freaking dying you all are too much!!

@adrianchr92 love the new kicks!!
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @greenolivetree No ideea but I would guess yes. I didn't want blue but because I wear size 12 UK I don't have much choice in colors
    @skippygirlsmom I also wait for a pair of kinvaras. I hope they fit so I don't need to wait another 2 weeks. I spent way too much on shoes already that I'm afraid to check my balance
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    @AdrianChr92

What Adidas model are those?

I've killed about 7 pairs of the Adidas Boost shoes now. With all the hardware holding my lower legs together I run in the Sequence Boost. They are super comfortable and ride the same from mile 1 to whenever I run through the rubber on the bottom of them (about 450-500 miles) I don't even worry about breaking them in any more and just did an 18 mile run a few weeks ago in a pair straight out of the box.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for July
    7/1 3.1 miles - 3.1
    7/2 14 miles - 17.1
    7/3 REST DAY
    7/4 9 miles - 26.1
    7/5 9 miles - 35.1
    7/5 6.2 miles - 41.3 << Daily Double
    7/6 6.2 miles - 47.5
    7/7 8.25 miles - 55.75
    7/7 5 miles - 60.75 << Daily Double, FF Pub Run
    7/8 13 miles - 73.75 << PPounders Swamp Run
    7/9 REST DAY
    7/10 REST DAY
    7/11 9.25 miles - 83
    7/11 5 miles - 88 << Daily Double
    7/12 9 miles - 97
    7/12 4 miles - 101 << Daily Double
    7/13 6.2 miles - 107.2
    7/14 9 miles - 116.2
    7/15 REST DAY unplanned
    7/16 15 miles - 131.2
    7/16 6.2 miles - 137.4 << Daily Double w/ wife
    7/17 REST DAY
    7/18 9 miles - 146.4
    7/19 9 miles - 155.4
    7/20 6.3 miles - 161.7
    7/21 9 miles - 170.7
    7/21 6.2 miles - 176.9 << Daily Double
    7/22 6.2 miles - 183.1
    7/23 15 miles - 198.1
    7/23 6.2 miles - 204.3 << Daily Double w/ wife
    7/24 REST DAY
    7/25 9 miles - 213.3 << Madkin Mountain 633 ft elevation
    7/25 4 miles - 217.3 << Daily Double

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    UAH 8K - 3/6 <<< 34:33 3 in AG
    Oak Barrel HM - 4/2 <<<< 1:38:00 3 in AG
    Bridge Street HM - 4/10 <<< 1:36:33 3 in AG
    PEO-AVN Team Day 5K - 5/4 <<< 19:10 (2.9 mi) 1 in AG 5 OA
    Cotton Row Run 10K - 5/30 << 44:57 PR
    Firecracker Chase 10.2 miler 6/25 << 1:20:22 1 in AG & 15 OA
    Rocket City Marathon - 12/10

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

totally looking forward to no more TOM. laid up last week.

I ate an entire box of cookies last week.

I have to be careful of what I eat this week... lol

LOL you all are so funny! Wait to you replace TOM with hot flashes ha ha

already have those so thats a moot point for me
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    That run must have really depleted me because I'm on my third glass of iced tea when I'm usually still on my second.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @5512bf Adidas Energy Boost 3. For neutral pronation. Fits me like a glove. Really comfy. The upper is pretty elastic too. Can't complain. They are pretty heavy though so I still need a lighter shoe for faster training and racing
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty I find that my energy level plummets during our monthly visitor and I compensate by eating or consuming anything that will give me energy.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Got in 4.1 miles on my lunch break. Felt like I was gonna puke at about 3 miles so I did the last mile easy. No 5k PRs for me today. :smile:

Now I must go eat all teh thingz

exercise.png
    @RespectTheKitty Great job on heading out for that run!
    I've actually found that taking an ibuprofen and going for a short (<1h) run once it kicked in on day 1 means less painful cramps the rest of that TOM, at least in 9 out of 10 cases.
    Doesn't help with the I-must-eat-all-potato-chips-in-this-town syndrome though! ;)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Thought some of you may enjoy this.
    Will Smith gives us the keys to life are running and reading:

https://www.facebook.com/mundotkmus/videos/1064301166996788/
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Thought some of you may enjoy this.
    Will Smith gives us the keys to life are running and reading:

https://www.facebook.com/mundotkmus/videos/1064301166996788/

Well. That's good to know. Those are my two favorite (only, at the moment) hobbies, other than chilling with my wife and little man.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Doesn't help with the I-must-eat-all-potato-chips-in-this-town syndrome though! ;)

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who suffers from that syndrome. :wink: