4th of JULYY

Options
13»

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    i don't think calling it Independence Day, or July 4th, or the 4th, or the 4th of July specifically means anything honestly.

round where i live, most everybody says it like that, "what you got planned for the 4th?" or some variation thereof.

its all just local vernacular and doesn't mean a great deal.

same as some of us call everything a "coke" even when you're getting something else "what kind of coke ya'll want?" "oh gimme a diet pepsi" etc etc.

and some people just call it soda.

and then the lizard people who give themselves away when they call it "pop".

Hahahaha, a pop
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Ffs how in the hell this turns into a debate?
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Just say what your plans are and post oohs and aahs on other people's plans and like and awesome a few and get on with it -.-

I imagined as much for the latter

Peace y'all :cry:
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what you chose to call it, remember the men & women that have and that continue to fight, sacrifice and stand strong so that we may all be here having this inane argument!
    My son is in the USAF and HE IS MY HERO! Thank your heroes this holiday -- military, police,first responders, etc...
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Just so you'll know, I would not assume ANY of you don't understand what :the Fourth" is for. :) I'm concerned about our children knowing (so I prod that by calling it "Independence Day," I was just stunned at Mark Dice's interviews, and, well, that's what we call it. No problem!!

I've never watch the movie, though. Just not into war movies. Think I should?
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just so you'll know, I would not assume ANY of you don't understand what :the Fourth" is for. :) I'm concerned about our children knowing (so I prod that by calling it "Independence Day," I was just stunned at Mark Dice's interviews, and, well, that's what we call it. No problem!!

Shooting up aliens on Independence Day, whats not to love? It's one of the movies I can watch over and over again and never be bored.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I don't like Will Smith so call me a taxi on that one

I used to not like his wife either til Fish Mooney
  • pie_eyes
    Options

Don't we have a school system in this country?
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »

Don't we have a school system in this country?

I'm convinced there isn't one at all anymore where I live lol
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Uhm work in the morning, sleep during the day, and video games or Netflix and solo chill at night. o:)

Someone have a shot for me or ten! :*
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    i don't think calling it Independence Day, or July 4th, or the 4th, or the 4th of July specifically means anything honestly.

round where i live, most everybody says it like that, "what you got planned for the 4th?" or some variation thereof.

its all just local vernacular and doesn't mean a great deal.

same as some of us call everything a "coke" even when you're getting something else "what kind of coke ya'll want?" "oh gimme a diet pepsi" etc etc.

and some people just call it soda.

and then the lizard people who give themselves away when they call it "pop".

I call it "Our Break Up Anniversary With England"
    We...are never, ever, ever getting back together! :lol:
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    So my parents will be here and they are quite elderly. Sooooo. A lot of playing cards and sleeping. LOL
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The 4th of July is my baby girl's 30th birthday
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    The 4th of July is my baby girl's 30th birthday

:smiley: miss you Butterfly