Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Hot topics! Sugar in fruit

Options

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Fake pictures...interesting.

I think he's talking about the posters who use other peoples pictures as their profile pic. Admittedly this is strange to me too..

Are there any such people on this thread?

I use my (not fake) cat because I like the photo, but there are pictures of me both fat and currently on my profile. I am a work in progress, but one at a healthy BMI (22) despite living in the USA.

Clearly it's aimed at me.

That's fake?! I thought you really were Kermit. My world is shattered.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I think he's talking about the posters who use other peoples pictures as their profile pic. Admittedly this is strange to me too..

I use my (not fake) cat because I like the photo, but there are pictures of me both fat and currently on my profile. I am a work in progress, but one at a healthy BMI (22) despite living in the USA.

That's not you? And I was so proud of myself for having a green friend.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Lol i thought he was talking about about steven closers pic. Who the F knows anymore, i don't even have a horse in this race!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Ah, steven is so sneaky. I really thought he had a mouse head! Makes me hungry every time I see him.

(Not really.)
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I thought maybe he was also thinking of Tobias. Lol, I don't know either.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Ah, steven is so sneaky. I really thought he had a mouse head! Makes me hungry every time I see him.

(Not really.)

Mouse head!? I always thought it was a horse head. I feel so mislead.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

(Not really.)

https://youtu.be/hs5j8uUR2nc
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    9bm2ncag570o.jpg

Just checking for fake profile pictures......
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

(Not really.)

https://youtu.be/hs5j8uUR2nc

I'm usually on mobile, they are so tiny.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I wont even click on that video, i'm assuming it has rodents in it? I hate mice and rats more than anything on this planet!!
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options

You haven't been doing the trolling. Sorry if I offended you.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Correcting your misinformation isn't trolling.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I wont even click on that video, i'm assuming it has rodents in it? I hate mice and rats more than anything on this planet!!

No rats or mice just koala bears!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Another item to add to the list of things someone doesn't understand... What is Trolling?

• queenliz99
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Another item to add to the list of things someone doesn't understand... What is Trolling?

4p9edd6bkg0j.jpg
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

From what I've seen the ones using the phrase most often are usually the trolls. This thread is a case in point.

See here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling
  • dykask
    Options

The people that say it doesn't matter what you eat all the matter is the calories are the ones spreading misinformation. That is exactly the message the world has gotten for the last few decades and all it has resulted in is more obesity.

It matters if you get your sugar form fruit or from a soft drink. It might not make a difference to your calculations but it makes a difference to your liver. In the long run that is what matters. If though it takes decades for sugar to kill doesn't mean that it isn't doing harm.

I boggles my mind the misinformation being spread and then hiding behind CICO. I see some posters actually talking about it reasonably but they are few. Sure it can and does often work, but there are also a lot of other outcomes than just burning fat. Claiming that a calorie deficit always results in fat loss doesn't make it true.

For the record I actually had to study thermodynamics and pass to get my engineering degree. That was a few decades ago, but thermodynamics hasn't changed. Most people talking about the laws of thermodynamics haven't even ever studied thermodynamics.

There are no storage of theories about what is going on with obesity and how to fix it. For working towards improving health CICO can be a useful tool. However one has to realize that not all the foods are treated the same in the body. Claiming that is the case is blatant misinformation.
  • dykask
    Options

From what I've seen the ones using the phrase most often are usually the trolls. This thread is a case in point.

See here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

If you read this thread you will see I didn't bring out the word. I was accused of trolling. Some people just can handle someone having a different viewpoint.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    dykask wrote: »

The people that say it doesn't matter what you eat all the matter is the calories are the ones spreading misinformation. That is exactly the message the world has gotten for the last few decades and all it has resulted in is more obesity.

It matters if you get your sugar form fruit or from a soft drink. It might not make a difference to your calculations but it makes a difference to your liver. In the long run that is what matters. If though it takes decades for sugar to kill doesn't mean that it isn't doing harm.

I boggles my mind the misinformation being spread and then hiding behind CICO. I see some posters actually talking about it reasonably but they are few. Sure it can and does often work, but there are also a lot of other outcomes than just burning fat. Claiming that a calorie deficit always results in fat loss doesn't make it true.

For the record I actually had to study thermodynamics and pass to get my engineering degree. That was a few decades ago, but thermodynamics hasn't changed. Most people talking about the laws of thermodynamics haven't even ever studied thermodynamics.

There are no storage of theories about what is going on with obesity and how to fix it. For working towards improving health CICO can be a useful tool. However one has to realize that not all the foods are treated the same in the body. Claiming that is the case is blatant misinformation.

Repeating the same nonsense doesn't make it true.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    dykask wrote: »

CICO isn't a "tool".