Looking for 5'8"-ish girls! goal weight?

Options

Replies

• lisa77marie
    lisa77marie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm shooting for 160-165. I've been 145 at my lowest - look WAY to skinny and unhealthy. The girl that posted 117 as her goal weight at 5'8" to me seems like a very underweight goal and not healthy. Look at the BMI chart. If you shoot for right in the middle, you will look great. I weigh 181 right now and people think I'm already at my goal.
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 135 lbs and 24% body fat. I'm 3 lbs away from my goal now and 28% body fat, so while I only have a couple of pounds to go, I need to tone up significantly. This is the slow part.
  • klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9.5" and my original goal was 140 but im striving for 135 now.
  • littlebrownbat3
    littlebrownbat3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my original goal was 145, but I'm toying with 140. I suspect that might be too hard for me to maintain, but it's worth a shot.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" (ish)...I guess I would want my goal weight to be about 125 (again, ish) because that would make my body fat about 19%.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I would love to be 160, for my height I'd say ideal weight is supposed to be 135-150. I have a medium to large build -- I'm a triangle, so I have broad shoulders, and I tend to put on weight, but now that's muscle rather than fat. I'm not sure I would be willing to restrict my calories another two months to get down to 150. At this point, under 200 would be fabulous and I'd be happy with that!
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    5'8 here and GW is 120-130lbs. Anything lower and I'd look too sickly.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    125 to 130. When I'm eating really clean (focusing on nutrients rather than calories) I find it fairly easy to eat the number of calories to sustain that weight.

When I'm eating lots of processed foods, I find it harder to keep my weight down and it tends to creep up to the 145ish range.
  • JenHorsmon
    JenHorsmon Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently at 146, I would LOVE to get down to 130 (my weight before kids).
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5 ft 9 and had body comp analysis done. My lean muscle mass is 157.1 lbs! My goal weight is now 180 lbs, and that's if I lean out to 135 lbs of muscle mass, and have 25% body fat. In order to get there, I'm weight training 3x per week and doing interval cardio 4x per week.
    I would strongly suggest that you have a body composition analysis done, by someone certified (Pinch testing) at a minimum in order to set a goal weight. Especially after reading the goal weights on here. Everyone has a different build, and it's important for someone trained to take a look and help you set a realistic goal. Everyone's healthy weight varies.
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am 5'7'' and my goal is 145, ultimate goal of 140 but if it happens it happens. I am currently at 145 and loving my body. I am in the Old Navy tank in my profile picture.
  • cx3kj
    cx3kj Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Im 5'7, and i weigh 247.2 lbs right now, but my goal weight is 170. Just because before i had children that was my weight. lol
  • sydoe94
    sydoe94 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal is 125! Only 14 lb left! :)
  • HollyBollyHotTamale
    HollyBollyHotTamale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5ft 8, and at my fitness assessment, my trainer said that my body is about 140lbs of just tissue and bones, so she said realistically I should aim for 180.
  • kayderkam
    kayderkam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • iara333
    iara333 Posts: 18
    Options
    5"9 my short term aim is 143 and then I'll reassess the situation. Hopefully it'll be enough since my legs are mainly muscle!
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8 and my current goal weight is around 145, but am toying with the idea of 130-135 after it's all said and done. I used to be around 150-155 and liked the way I looked, as well as how I felt, but still wasn't quite down as far as I wanted. Now, I'm able to fully commit and with my job (nice workout for the day), I am already dropping the weight after only being employed at said job for only about a month and a half (jeans are falling off without belt lol). I haven't weighed myself since joining, but will probably do so within the next month to see what a difference it has made :)

Edited to include: I weighed about 180 when I joined MFP
  • emilia12321
    Options
    im 5'8'' and my goal weight is 125. Im 158 now, so I have a long way to go!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7" and my original goal weight was 145 lbs. I'm happily hanging around 135 lbs now. I am a medium framed female.
  • flynnem4
    flynnem4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    im always surprised when 5'8 girls have such low weights or goal weights, you must have super tiny frames! I have a medium frame and my goal is 160 with an ultimate goal weight of 150. I am currently just under 180

I'm in the same goal weight boat; I feel good at 160-165, so that's what I"m aiming to get back to. I've got a bit further to go than you though, right at 190 right now.