Starting today - I need to lose 50lbs - will you join me?

Options
I am from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada and looking to have a buddy to do this with as every time I try to do this alone it doesn't work. :'(

My doctor is very supportive and wants me to be successful and has made sure this is all eating and exercise habit and not a health issue that is making me retain weight.

So this means it is all me!!! :o Who is in??? :)

Replies

• chicaalex
    chicaalex Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I think having motivation and support will make all the difference for me, too. Especially as I've tried before on my own and always lose motivation!
  • snapgal777
    snapgal777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I am in the same position. I need to be serious but accountable. I am here and can check in with you. The calorie counting is seriously my hardest discipline. I often snack because I tend to be an emotional eater. 50 is my goal! It's a huge change but we can do it!
  • Off2Gr8Plcs
    Off2Gr8Plcs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to have support buddies! Feel free to add me please!
  • getitdone62
    getitdone62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am from Alberta and will join you too. I need to lose 50 pounds as well. I have trouble with portion sizes and I do like white bread and butter. I have cut all of the butter from my diet and in the past week have had only 2 half slices of multigrain bread. Right now my goal is to lose the first 10 pounds.
  • rickster777
    rickster777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm in. How do you make friend requests in mfp?
  • J512
    J512 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I added you all as friends now!
  • J512
    Options
    I was just at Bulk Barn getting my slippery elm and I felt so stressed. There's so much yummy stuff there so I just bought licorice spice tea and ran
  • lorena422
    lorena422 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also need to lose 50 lbs, I usually lose weight then gain it back. I always think, what if I would have kept up with it? Im so disappointed with myself, Ive been struggling for years.
  • marloularson
    marloularson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm in the same boat. Lose, gain, lose.....
  • Vicwantsabs
    Vicwantsabs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Count me in too
    Add me ❤️
  • justjoyriding
    justjoyriding Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here! I keep trying and I think what I'm missing is a support group. Would love to support you and others as well.
  • mbryant322
    mbryant322 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I need to get back on track and lose about 50 as well. :) I'll add you.
  • J512
    Options
    I am so pumped to have all of us working together!!! I feel so hopeful!
  • shoegal2013
    shoegal2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you too! I could use a buddy, we can motivate each other! I am hopeful too, it will be easier with others doing the same plan. By the way what is slippery elm?
  • shoegal2013
    shoegal2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To others on this thread please feel free to add me as well, the more the merrier!
  • yoshette
    yoshette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! (Not too far from you, in Cold Lake, Alberta.). Friend me!!
  • catmaz03
    catmaz03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you if you don't mind. Looking for someone who can push me. Friend me?
  • ivette423vc
    ivette423vc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. Anyone is free to add me. I have more like 100 lbs. to lose and would like to support others as well.
  • mertyross
    mertyross Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me too. Any else please feel free to add :)