Options

Replies

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Villae81 wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I can't imagine spending my time walking around looking through my cell phone to find cartoon characters. Is life really that boring?

I guess that saying you're too young to understand works both side of the field now. you're too old to understand lol

I'm not too young OR too old, yet I still don't understand

I just don't understand the cult like madness around it...it's kind of weird to me. It's a cute little game, but yeah...I don't get the pokemon craziness at all. There are many things I find vastly more entertaining.

I like you.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Well Yale is a *kitten* minefield

9zudi6bmavny.png

Clearly I need to go to Yale
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love this game! My classmates and I are all seriously addicted.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    If I see one more stinking Zubat or Pidgey... I swear.... :rage:
    the last 3 2k eggs I hatched...ALL ZUBATS!!

I hatched a 342 Pika out of a 2k egg.. and a 5k gave me 67 Caterpie... SERIOUSLY?! And Drowzy.. I am way over his *kitten*
    I need one more Caterpie to evolve the Metapod!

Then after you get a lame metapod it takes like 50 more candies to evolve to butterfree.
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am searching endlessly for a Growlithe... I have a Meowth and a good level Pidgeot...BUT I NEED THE GROWLITHE! He's so cute I just need him.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine spending my time walking around looking through my cell phone to find cartoon characters. Is life really that boring?

I guess that saying you're too young to understand works both side of the field now. you're too old to understand lol

I guess you're right, because I don't get it. But, I am glad I don't. I was out hiking last weekend, when I saw my first Pokeman Hunters on the trail. I didn't realize that was what was going on until one of the gals tripped and fell and I went to help. When I told my daughters about it the next day, I found out that two of the three played. Before the afternoon passed they both had the other daughter doing it. I guess that is the future for Millennials. They have some kind of get together and then sit apart from each other and stare into their cell phone.

thats a great story grandpa

You should show a little more respect to your elders, son.

why? because you've been around longer?

No. Personally, I give respect to everyone I come across. Until they prove they don't deserve it. Then I ignore them.

You kinda looked down upon the whole of Millennials in your post. How is that giving respect??

People enjoy fads and trends. Let them. No need to pass judgement or be snobbish about it.

It wasn't my intention to do either. I have three millennials. Two are your age. I would rather see them talking to each other when we get together instead of all of them having their cell phones out and their heads buried in their phones. I realize it is a sign of the technological advancements of the last decade or so and maybe I am just too old. But an old dog can learn new tricks. I even sent out my first Text message last week.

I've started conversations with a number of people, complete strangers out and about, over Pokemon GO. At the scuba shop a bunch of us sat around talking about it too (I was waiting for my tanks to get filled). I've not gone out of my way to play it, but in looking around at the people who are playing I'm seeing a lot of people who wouldn't normally be out and about... Mid-afternoon on a Monday I saw at least a dozen college age boys at the biggest park in town, and some couples who were well into the obese range. If a game gets people out who normally wouldn't be, I have zero room to complain about it. Also my 8 year old totally walked around with me yesterday until my first egg hatched and she was tickled over it. :P
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    I am searching endlessly for a Growlithe... I have a Meowth and a good level Pidgeot...BUT I NEED THE GROWLITHE! He's so cute I just need him.

I hatched a growlithe!!
  • Catnipp_
    Catnipp_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for a super smash brothers go. Oh wait, I guess that's just fighting in real life. I'm always open for money matches though! In all seriousness I am in love with pokemon go. I love trying to hatch the 10KM eggs. I hatched one recently and got an Aerodactyl.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    If I see one more stinking Zubat or Pidgey... I swear.... :rage:
    the last 3 2k eggs I hatched...ALL ZUBATS!!

I hatched a 342 Pika out of a 2k egg.. and a 5k gave me 67 Caterpie... SERIOUSLY?! And Drowzy.. I am way over his *kitten*
    I need one more Caterpie to evolve the Metapod!

Then after you get a lame metapod it takes like 50 more candies to evolve to butterfree.
    ...um, "Spoilers"? LOL! I think the Caterpies are hiding from me. I just need one now! I WAS tracking a "wild" Pikachu on my walk home from work yesterday. he got away though. they NEED to fix that 3 step bug! tracking is near impossible!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

I guess you're right, because I don't get it. But, I am glad I don't. I was out hiking last weekend, when I saw my first Pokeman Hunters on the trail. I didn't realize that was what was going on until one of the gals tripped and fell and I went to help. When I told my daughters about it the next day, I found out that two of the three played. Before the afternoon passed they both had the other daughter doing it. I guess that is the future for Millennials. They have some kind of get together and then sit apart from each other and stare into their cell phone.

No. Personally, I give respect to everyone I come across. Until they prove they don't deserve it. Then I ignore them.

You kinda looked down upon the whole of Millennials in your post. How is that giving respect??

People enjoy fads and trends. Let them. No need to pass judgement or be snobbish about it.

It wasn't my intention to do either. I have three millennials. Two are your age. I would rather see them talking to each other when we get together instead of all of them having their cell phones out and their heads buried in their phones. I realize it is a sign of the technological advancements of the last decade or so and maybe I am just too old. But an old dog can learn new tricks. I even sent out my first Text message last week.

I've started conversations with a number of people, complete strangers out and about, over Pokemon GO. At the scuba shop a bunch of us sat around talking about it too (I was waiting for my tanks to get filled). I've not gone out of my way to play it, but in looking around at the people who are playing I'm seeing a lot of people who wouldn't normally be out and about... Mid-afternoon on a Monday I saw at least a dozen college age boys at the biggest park in town, and some couples who were well into the obese range. If a game gets people out who normally wouldn't be, I have zero room to complain about it. Also my 8 year old totally walked around with me yesterday until my first egg hatched and she was tickled over it. :P

If it gets people out, walking, I'll agree that is a positive aspect. I've seen a few people trip and/or bump into others. Looking up more often would be good.

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Me too! I was out garage saleing and one of the people running it was playing. He told me the nearest place to fill up on pokeballs and showed me the ones he had caught. There was a crabby around but he just could not catch the stupid thing! Basically I'll chat with anyone and seeing them play Pokemon Go gives us an instant topic.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This game gives me more time with my children. My children are 27 and 20 so any time I still get with them is a blessing. They call and say hey mom lets go Pokémon. I'm there...I'm moving, I'm spending time with them! Win Win! And I am learning more about different places in the community and other communities.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    This game gives me more time with my children. My children are 27 and 20 so any time I still get with them is a blessing. They call and say hey mom lets go Pokémon. I'm there...I'm moving, I'm spending time with them! Win Win! And I am learning more about different places in the community and other communities.

Yup my 14yo and I go hit up them pokestops. I get jelly while I'm driving she's bragging of all the stuff she's getting. I got curious what inspired her to ride a bike I gave her for the first time since Xmas lol if the app got her moving, I approved. Now I'm hooked myself.