POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    I guess to me the "Value" of the game to me seems to be a way to motivate sedentary people to get some cardio though. IMO driving around loses some of the benefits of playing the game and doing something good for yourself but to each their own. I know opinions are like A**holes (everyone has them). I do see a lot more people walking the damn (lake Murray in SC) . Its 1.7 miles one way and many have their phones out so assume they are playing. I personally don't play , but my son does (he is 26)

hence my guilt about hatching on my train commute, but at the same time, i don't want to miss the stops. i definitely have an easier time hitting my step goals now anyway because i'm walking the long way to run errands, offering to pick up paperwork for co-workers, and taking the dog to new parks. i had really hoped that boyfriend would have started walking more too, but alas, he prefers 'cheating' (not really cheating i know)
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    I guess to me the "Value" of the game to me seems to be a way to motivate sedentary people to get some cardio though. IMO driving around loses some of the benefits of playing the game and doing something good for yourself but to each their own. I know opinions are like A**holes (everyone has them). I do see a lot more people walking the damn (lake Murray in SC) . Its 1.7 miles one way and many have their phones out so assume they are playing. I personally don't play , but my son does (he is 26)

I already go for walks almost every day. For me, the point of the game is that it's fun. I'm more likely trying to decide whether to listen to my podcasts or play Pokemon while I walk, than I am going for a walk specifically to play. (Except after the latest update my podcast keeps playing when I open the game, so I can do both!)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Caught nothing cool this morning.. This saddens me. However, I did evolve another Clefairy, Drowzee, Spearow, Bellsprout and Horsea.

Another Clefiary?? They are super rare where I live. :( I am so jealous!!
  • Beauty_For_Ashes
    Beauty_For_Ashes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    This whole Pokemon Go, is basicly like Geocaching, just brought to a new level and more hyped
    Still i like to combine the two and hatch my eggs :smiley:

That's a good point! Never thought of that. I have it downloaded but I don't play. I do like the sport of watching people play. Sit on a bench on Main St. and watch all the zombies staring at their phones walk by and walk into things.

I think I burn more calories laughing at them than I do playing. lol
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 22.. Have a king, but not a queen. Need 300 more magikarp candies.. THIS TAKES FOREVER!!!
    Caught nothing cool this morning.. This saddens me. However, I did evolve another Clefairy, Drowzee, Spearow, Bellsprout and Horsea.

Another Clefiary?? They are super rare where I live. :( I am so jealous!!

As I am sure you probably have things I am DYING to have!! Can't wait for the trading posts.. Lets go Pokémon people! Get it together!

omg yes! When I saw the update I hoped for trading and instead got a little pic of grass.... I was not one of the select for the new Nearby and Sighting system.

I get lots of Eevee, Ratata, Pidgey, Venonat and Weedles. I can't wait for trading so I can trade for some water type pokemon!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys - popping back in here. I'm very behind but only find commons in my neck of the wood... SO BORING.

Also... my screen turns black when I don't interact with the game for a bit... but then it doesn't seem to count my steps. So no hatching eggs while I'm walking unless I'm leaving my finger on the screen... What in the world am I missing???
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Sorry guys - popping back in here. I'm very behind but only find commons in my neck of the wood... SO BORING.

Also... my screen turns black when I don't interact with the game for a bit... but then it doesn't seem to count my steps. So no hatching eggs while I'm walking unless I'm leaving my finger on the screen... What in the world am I missing???

Try [in settings] taking it off battery save mode. Then your screen won't turn off. And yeah, it only counts the km when the screen is on :disappointed:

I did that but it seemed to mess up my app and lose the gps tracking. Was before the last update though... I guess I could try again.

Really wish it worked on the treadmill, it's too nasty to walk outside.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I had a fantastic day Used the lucky egg trick to evolve 28 pokemon.This included a Maricarp. Found my first Jynx and evolved en Eevee to a Valporeon. Love the game again
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    The boy took down a gym today. Sadly it was outside an apartment and someone retook it shortly after buy my 8 year old was pretry excited
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I beat my 1st gym and someone walking by put their pokemon in before I could do mine. it was so sad. There were like 6 people just standing there waiting for someone else to beat the gym.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I don't know if he collected anything. He got a bunch of coins which made him happy
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    still have my battery saver mode, but i understand apple phones lost it
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    still have my battery saver mode, but i understand apple phones lost it
    We did got it back in the most recent update Also I decreased the screenlighting when hunting so the screen is more dim But it saves lotsvof battery power