Anyone else just too small

Options
So you're just trying to put on some weight? Meaning not for bulking or cutting or whatever?
I'm underweight and just kinda tired of being skin and bones. Trying to find ppl doing/feeling the same.
I'm 23, woman, chronically under 100lbs at 5'3". Add me!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well i am not small but if you need help with getting adequate calories i would recommend the below thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

And if you want to improve your body a bit and mititgate some fat, then i would recommend one of the following structured programs

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest

Good luck and if you have goals outside of just gaining we can help you.
  • VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have never been over 90 lbs. I got sick last year, got down to 75 and was stable for a while. The last couple months, I've gotten down to 70!
    My doctor just put in request for feeding tube at night, cuz I just can't seem to eat enough during the day. .. if I try to eat to much at one time, I get nauseated :/

Female, 38 yrs, 5'0"
  • sierrahvonvanity
    sierrahvonvanity Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    VividDawn wrote: »
    I have never been over 90 lbs. I got sick last year, got down to 75 and was stable for a while. The last couple months, I've gotten down to 70!
    My doctor just put in request for feeding tube at night, cuz I just can't seem to eat enough during the day. .. if I try to eat to much at one time, I get nauseated :/

Female, 38 yrs, 5'0"

(Let me say first I only came to see what this thread was like. I am in no way underweight.)

Wow. I'm also 5'0 and cannot imagine being under 200, let alone 100. Some days I wish, but I just can't imagine ever being so small!
  • psuLemon
    Options

Female, 38 yrs, 5'0"

Have you tried drinking some calories and healthy fats like avocado, nuts, full fat cheeses? If you check out the thread i link, there are some additional suggestions that can help you.
  • VividDawn
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    ... if I try to eat to much at one time, I get nauseated :/

Have you tried drinking some calories and healthy fats like avocado, nuts, full fat cheeses? If you check out the thread i link, there are some additional suggestions that can help you.

No, of course not... it never occurred to me to eat high calorie or fattening stuff to gain weight ;)
    I drink about 3 or 4 glasses of whole milk every day, I put sour cream and/or cheddar cheese on anything it can go on, cottage cheese with my fruit, hummus with my vegetables, cook with oil and butter, etc, etc, etc... and I drink one or two cartons of high-calorie Boost every day.
    I admit that I don't like soda pop, so maybe that's my problem LOL I heard that drinking 1 can a day can make you gain 10 lbs in a year. I drink soda maybe once a week or so
  • psuLemon
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    ... if I try to eat to much at one time, I get nauseated :/

No, of course not... it never occurred to me to eat high calorie or fattening stuff to gain weight ;)
    I drink about 3 or 4 glasses of whole milk every day, I put sour cream and/or cheddar cheese on anything it can go on, cottage cheese with my fruit, hummus with my vegetables, cook with oil and butter, etc, etc, etc... and I drink one or two cartons of high-calorie Boost every day.
    I admit that I don't like soda pop, so maybe that's my problem LOL I heard that drinking 1 can a day can make you gain 10 lbs in a year. I drink soda maybe once a week or so

Lol.. sadly, there is a ton of people to who put a lot of restrictions on their diet thinking that the specific types of food make them gain more fat.

Do you know how many calories you eat? And how much you exercise?
  • VividDawn
    Options
    I eat average 1800 daily, but goal is 2000. Like I said, my tummy gets upset if I put much more than a larger snack or small meal in. I sleep 10+ hours a night, and rather lazy during the day. My problem partly (other than microscopic stomach) is heart failure. My cardiologist says my heart uses 2 to 3 as much energy just to keep me functioning than normal people.
    But I'm going to the GI clinic on Tuesday to see what we can do about getting me more calories.
  • DoriBrooks1
    DoriBrooks1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't imagine being 75lbs. That must've been hard. And a feeding tube? Did you agree to that? Sorry to hear.
  • VividDawn
    Options
    Actually, I asked for it in January. I got told to just try to eat more often. Got given Reglan, which didn't help the nausea. Now that I'm 71 lbs (last Tuesday), they are more seriously taking my request.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yes! Me. I'm 5'1" and under 100. And trying to gain.
  • gorebriana
    gorebriana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 21 and I've never gained more than 117 up until now I'm 127. You really just have to take in more calories than you burn each day this app has helped me a lot, I started at 109.
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Patience. It takes a lot of patience. I'm 5'4 and finally got over 100 (putting on toned muscle though because I feel bleh if it's just weight). You can get there.
  • moeshaforrester50
    moeshaforrester50 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem sigh I'm under 100 lbs add me we can be friends and worm towards our goals!!!
  • moeshaforrester50
    moeshaforrester50 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kellikat80 wrote: »
    Yes! Me. I'm 5'1" and under 100. And trying to gain.

Add me we can work with each other
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    to Vivid Dawn is your thyroid in check? 1800 cals daily should be plenty to put on weight. My TDEE is 2750 and im 5,9" and 162 lbs and set as active for the TDEE.
  • mailypr21
    mailypr21 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am 5'4, in January I was 100. I always being thin. I started drinking ensure plus and I was gaining 1 pound every month. A week ago I was 106 and I started taking Apetamin it help me to gain weight is slowing my metabolism and give you more appetite. Also I'm monitoring my calories in take and now I am 112.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @rebel_26 It's her heart failure. The heart is overworking which takes an incredible amount of calories. Her cardiologist would have checked her thyroid out long ago. She has a special medical situation that is drastically affecting her calories out. @VividDawn forgive me for answering for you. And good luck!
  • jbradyho
    jbradyho Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Dinosaur98 wrote: »
    (Let me say first I only came to see what this thread was like. I am in no way underweight.)

Wow. I'm also 5'0 and cannot imagine being under 200, let alone 100. Some days I wish, but I just can't imagine ever being so small!

Becareful how you say things. This is no different than someone saying to you: "Wow. I couldn't imagine being over 200lbs....iI just cant ever image being so big!"

• jbradyho
    jbradyho Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mailypr21 wrote: »
    I am 5'4, in January I was 100. I always being thin. I started drinking ensure plus and I was gaining 1 pound every month. A week ago I was 106 and I started taking Apetamin it help me to gain weight is slowing my metabolism and give you more appetite. Also I'm monitoring my calories in take and now I am 112.

My goal is 115. I'm currently 5'2" and at 100lbs and have increased daily calories to 2400-2600 but haven't gained much yet. I did, but then I lost some. I'm also doing ensure plus. How frequently are you drinking them?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    mailypr21 wrote: »

Apetamin doesn't actually slow your metabolism. Also, if you are struggling to in enough calories, check out the links I posted above. There are plenty of strategies and foods/drinks that will help you reach your calorie goal.