Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I've learned that some people steal others pics, post it as their profile pic and then claim they were bullied. Where's the eye rolling emoji when you need it???

Did this really happen? I stole my profile pic, I decided to go with a less attractive hillbilly so it'll go unnoticed

Yes and that poster is right here in this thread claiming how mean people on here are. She stole one of our most adorable girls pics claiming she did it cause she was being bullied.

eyt3jvs7j48b.gif

I'm just waiting for it..

hz1rb6aac46p.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    In other news: I have learned from MFP that dating sites are scary as *kitten* and to be avoided at all costs. I mean, for me it's not a problem.. but daaaaaaaang, I would worry about any of my few friends who use those sites (men or women) when and if they chose to use them. Yeesh.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I've learned that no one is around these parts on weekends or evenings.
    What's up with that?

That's when my husband ties me up in the basement.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    So...guys come here and go fishing to see what they might get?....Disgusting...

Never done it and will never do it again!

:lol:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've learned you can't click 'awesome' and 'insightful' for same post. It's one or the other but you can't do both. The bastids... B)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I learned that even on the Internet (particularly this site), the "not so pretty ones" get ignored like they do in real life.

Not so true. I get way more *kitten* here than I do in real life

Maybe it only applies to me then
    px8ntdicdigf.gif

What kind of attention are you looking for exactly? I see you and recognize your screen name. Do you want more people to tell you that you are beautiful? Do you want more people to tag you in threads? i guess I don't understand what you are looking for.

I'm not looking for anything. I was just simply making a statement based on my experience. Not everyone here is thirsty, so I guess you should get that out of your head.

Wasn't in my head. I was simply asking what kind of attention you are looking for since I was trying to understand your comments. Word of advice...don't be petty when it's unwarranted. Makes you look bad and unapproachable. This will probably make you feel more ignored. Why should I interact with you if you are gonna throw *kitten* like that out there? Just something to think about.

Why assume someone is looking for attention? Like I said, it was a simple observation based on my experience. It's an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions (yes, I even say it about mine). And I wasn't being petty. I feel like your comment was trying to put me on blast, so I made the comment I did because I felt yours was trying to imply something. Not everyone has a hidden agenda.

For what it's worth, I didn't assume you were seeking attention. Having been in the thread(s) in question and having observed for several months, I would say your observations are correct. There do appear to be a disproportionately small group of people who constantly get attention in the way comments, conversation, likes, etc. The rest get ignored all together. And it's not even that the thread moves all that fast. It does seem to parallel real life a bit.

You mean like "cliques"? :#

Oh gawd no, not cliques,again! :D

I have said for ages the selfie thread and,is popularity contest. Just like high school. I rarely post there because I end up feeling like *kitten* after. That is on me for letting myself feel that way. Those that truly love/like me accept me for who Is l am. I don't need validation from random people.

As for people connecting and becoming friends, that doesn't bother me. It's life. I have made some good friends here that I talk to daily. Bonds and inside jokes happen. Again, it's life.

I am not directing this at anyone just my thoughts, I happened to quote you J because of the clique joke.

I didn't know we were allowed in the selfie thread. I thought those 5 people owned it.

Near wet my pants laughing :laugh:
  • slimgirljo15
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've learnt words are not near as satisfying as actually being able to thump someone :#
    Oh and Im going to start a clique for the cliqueless :p
    Annnnd there are wankers about here but that's what ignore is for so it's all good. Although we need to be able to ignore more than 5 :laugh:
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I've learnt words are not near as satisfying as actually being able to thump someone :#
    Annnnd there are wankers about here but that's what ignore is for so it's all good. Although we need to be able to ignore more than 5 :laugh:

There's a limit to how many people you can ignore? That's something new I learned.
  • GlucoseKitten23
    GlucoseKitten23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What's up with that?

Hope you have wifi down there!
  • slimgirljo15
    edited August 2017
    Options

There's a limit to how many people you can ignore? That's something new I learned.

It used to be 5 ..I better check, maybe its changed :#

Sheeeet..my bad , it's 100 now..hmm not sure thats enough either :laugh:
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options

Wankers is a funny word.
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    See I never knew this! I kept getting friend request from creepy looking dudes and was like nope. Now I know why!!!

I'm here for support, motivation and use of the tool MFP was made for. I add girls on here with similar goals or fellow vegetarians so I can creep diaries for ideas and to be like, if that girl is my size and doing it, I can too. Craziness.
  • Sofia_Garcia
    Sofia_Garcia Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Some people don't get that you are here for health, friends, support and some inocente fun!

If you wanna find a fling there's a bunch of others sites to go!

Some people misunderstand you and text is not the best way sometimes to make judgment on ones personality

Support your friends thru their battles, be kind, be fun, be naughty but always with respect ✊
  • Sofia_Garcia
    Sofia_Garcia Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    What's up with that?

In my case I come here mostly on the week during the day and a bit before bed on weekends I'm always out and about grocery shopping, exercising, walking, biking, hiking enjoying the 2 days of the week me and my bf have together! I think. That's what happens to most people enjoying the free time and the summer when winter comes I bet there's going to be more of us here during the weekend specially me lolo don't like the cold and living in the city the snow part is not pretty all slush :(

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've learned it's a very bad idea to share your MFP affair stories among other MFPrs. The word WILL get around. Folks will get mad, rage quit, come back and start more drama.

I also learned someone will always complain about things not belonging on a fitness site blah blah blah.
  • Sugarand_spice
    Sugarand_spice Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I've learned it's a very bad idea to share your MFP affair stories among other MFPrs. The word WILL get around. Folks will get mad, rage quit, come back and start more drama.

I also learned someone will always complain about things not belonging on a fitness site blah blah blah.

I seem to always miss the good stuff !
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Having posts overlooked and keeping everything locked down to the point that few have any interest in being "friends" will be a good thing in the long run.
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have found their are a handful of Mfp friends that actually make for good friends outside of just the Mfp app.

Some are here to get their friends count as high as possible!

Most People would rather hit "like" instead of commenting

If you lucky you will find a person that motivates you and you can share dirty thoughts :)