Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I learned that even on the Internet (particularly this site), the "not so pretty ones" get ignored like they do in real life.

You beat me to it.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    That being polite is far too often mistaken for flirting

Meanwhile being honest is mistaken for being mean.

I wish everyone here would be 100% honest for a day :D

Liar liar pants on fire. :D

I've tried to be honest here before :D

giphy.gif

hmmm....?? Says the man who won't show his face. :o

giphy.gif
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I learned that even on the Internet (particularly this site), the "not so pretty ones" get ignored like they do in real life.

Not so true. I get way more *kitten* here than I do in real life

Maybe it only applies to me then
    px8ntdicdigf.gif

What kind of attention are you looking for exactly? I see you and recognize your screen name. Do you want more people to tell you that you are beautiful? Do you want more people to tag you in threads? i guess I don't understand what you are looking for.

I'm not looking for anything. I was just simply making a statement based on my experience. Not everyone here is thirsty, so I guess you should get that out of your head.

Wasn't in my head. I was simply asking what kind of attention you are looking for since I was trying to understand your comments. Word of advice...don't be petty when it's unwarranted. Makes you look bad and unapproachable. This will probably make you feel more ignored. Why should I interact with you if you are gonna throw *kitten* like that out there? Just something to think about.

Why assume someone is looking for attention? Like I said, it was a simple observation based on my experience. It's an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions (yes, I even say it about mine). And I wasn't being petty. I feel like your comment was trying to put me on blast, so I made the comment I did because I felt yours was trying to imply something. Not everyone has a hidden agenda.

Your original post was about feeling ignored!!! Are you feeling ok?

Edit..so I think probably everyone assumed you are wanting attention. I was asking what kind and how. Whatever.

I'm fine. Assumptions should never be made... you know what they say about them. And before that gets taken out of context, I'm not saying anything about anyone. I'm just saying no one should assume anything.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

px8ntdicdigf.gif

What kind of attention are you looking for exactly? I see you and recognize your screen name. Do you want more people to tell you that you are beautiful? Do you want more people to tag you in threads? i guess I don't understand what you are looking for.

I'm not looking for anything. I was just simply making a statement based on my experience. Not everyone here is thirsty, so I guess you should get that out of your head.

Wasn't in my head. I was simply asking what kind of attention you are looking for since I was trying to understand your comments. Word of advice...don't be petty when it's unwarranted. Makes you look bad and unapproachable. This will probably make you feel more ignored. Why should I interact with you if you are gonna throw *kitten* like that out there? Just something to think about.

Why assume someone is looking for attention? Like I said, it was a simple observation based on my experience. It's an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions (yes, I even say it about mine). And I wasn't being petty. I feel like your comment was trying to put me on blast, so I made the comment I did because I felt yours was trying to imply something. Not everyone has a hidden agenda.

For what it's worth, I didn't assume you were seeking attention. Having been in the thread(s) in question and having observed for several months, I would say your observations are correct. There do appear to be a disproportionately small group of people who constantly get attention in the way comments, conversation, likes, etc. The rest get ignored all together. And it's not even that the thread moves all that fast. It does seem to parallel real life a bit.

You mean like "cliques"? :#
  • ManBehindTheMask
    Options

px8ntdicdigf.gif

For what it's worth, I didn't assume you were seeking attention. Having been in the thread(s) in question and having observed for several months, I would say your observations are correct. There do appear to be a disproportionately small group of people who constantly get attention in the way comments, conversation, likes, etc. The rest get ignored all together. And it's not even that the thread moves all that fast. It does seem to parallel real life a bit.

Wait.... this isn't real life?

giphy.gif
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

Mass banning if that happened...

Oh absolutely

Ha see? Ask a legitimate question about a post and look what happens. Ain't nobody here want to hear the truth. ;)

I always want the truth, except break it to me gently or I'll punch you in the throat. :DB)
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

px8ntdicdigf.gif

Guess our minds just work differently. I said that I recognize her screen name so she must participate in the threads enough for me to recognize her. She posted about feeling ignored. And it must just be happening to her then. I asked what kind of attention she was seeking based on reading her comment. Perhaps I should have asked what do you want to happen to feel less ignored. To me it's the same difference. She said I was assuming she was thirsty. I did no such thing. I just wanted to know what she wanted to happen for her to stop feeling like she is being IGNORED. As she has posted several times. I was interested in her concerns. However, I am no longer interested in them now as my interactions to her where perceived in such an apparently negative way. I am at a loss.

Had you worded it the other way I wouldn't have taken it the way I did. People are so quick to judge and jump on people's cases, it's hard to NOT be defensive when someone makes a comment like that. The internet loses a lot of interpretation. And yes, I do post, doesn't mean people read them or acknowledge them. So my bad... it's all in the wording.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

Oh absolutely

Ha see? Ask a legitimate question about a post and look what happens. Ain't nobody here want to hear the truth. ;)

I always want the truth, except break it to me gently or I'll punch you in the throat. :DB)

Quit being so thirsty! ;)

Post reported. :p
  • ManBehindTheMask
    Options

Oh absolutely

I admire your honesty :D
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

px8ntdicdigf.gif

You mean like "cliques"? :#

Oh gawd no, not cliques,again! :D

I have said for ages the selfie thread and,is popularity contest. Just like high school. I rarely post there because I end up feeling like *kitten* after. That is on me for letting myself feel that way. Those that truly love/like me accept me for who Is l am. I don't need validation from random people.

As for people connecting and becoming friends, that doesn't bother me. It's life. I have made some good friends here that I talk to daily. Bonds and inside jokes happen. Again, it's life.

I am not directing this at anyone just my thoughts, I happened to quote you J because of the clique joke.

I didn't know we were allowed in the selfie thread. I thought those 5 people owned it.

Well, yeah and that too. Besides it has been more of a conversation thread lately anyway.