Let's celebrate the middle of our journey! (Pics please)

Options

Replies

• annaweezer229
    annaweezer229 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You all are AMAZING! Great work everyone!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bbop10 wrote: »
    I'm "shedding for the wedding." I have a bit more to lose before the big day, but I'm happy with my progress so far. :)

b6bmzghgj97a.jpeg

Looking great!
  • jbatinker
    Options
    KarlaH9801 wrote: »
    I just love threads like these! Reading these stories has been inspiring from day 1, and I come back to them whenever I need to remind myself why I started. 3 years ago, I was over 300 lbs, and was diagnosed with high cholesterol at 30 years old. That is what did it for me. Something in my head just clicked, and I downloaded MFP the next day. My weight loss has most certainly not been linear, I have gone up and down, and I still have 20 ish pounds to go. But, here are my photo contributions to the thread!rxy9ddw9dht0.jpgu494v91ao532.jpgs25a964rcvom.jpg

cgifizmpxxnc.jpg

Wow - what a transformation!
  • jbatinker
    Options
    Katiex100 wrote: »
    Already made a post about my halfway but hey I wanna join in too. Don't have a side view of my starting weight but first pic is about 227-230lbs, the last 2 only have a 10lb difference but I started lifting between those two. Second pic 190, last about 180. Goal probably between 130-140 not sure yet.
    xej6u6glaqec.jpg

Great job!
  • jbatinker
    Options
    Well, I still have a long way to go, but thought I would post a few. It was hard to dig up any before because I hated pictures. Not sure if you can see the loss in these. The yellow cardigan pictures were taken tonight. I am 5'5". I started at 240 and am currently down 44.5 pounds. I have about 45-50 more to go.
    mfp-7jci2sao0ucy.jpg
    zoqpouq2k5yw.jpg
    en.vanillaforums.com/editor/fe/5qawn5n7kmxl.jpg
    i44tkwx0r01m.jpg

Awesome work - I know what you mean about those beginning pictures - I always try to get in the back and I am usually one of the short ones so they push me up front!
  • jbatinker
    Options
    x3shexecpn3g.jpg

This is a 66lb loss. I had gotten to 207 then, in 6 months, gained 28 lbs and then lost 14 lb of it in the last couple of weeks. It's a journey!
    SW 276
    CW 221
    GW 179
    5ft 7 1/2 tall, 38 years old

Went from morbidly obese class 3 to obese class 1. From size (tight) 20/22 to (tight) 12/14.

I do CICO and IF along with lifting heavy 2-3 days a week with light cardio thrown in. I set myself up at 1200 cals a day. I'll do this for a couple months and bump it up to 1500 once I reach 207. I've been workin' it for a couple years now.

Great job everyone!

That is WONDERFUL! What is CICO and IF?
  • jbatinker
    Options
    SW:190
    CW:165
    GW: 150? Maybe go into the 140s...we'll have to see when I get there!
    I'm 5'6"...this is always a slow process for me...I've been stalled at 165 for 2 weeks now which is frustrating, but I'm just working hard at staying on track and switching up my exercises! Good luck to everyone on your journey! nqoxkzqhx2g4.jpeg
    j8hcn2advc0w.jpeg

Keep at it - The scale will move! You look great! your hard work is paying off!
  • Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OMG - thank you for this thread. All of your pictures are incredibly inspiring. I can't wait to post mine :)
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So proud of all of you!!!
  • jbatinker
    Options
    n5yz9gsjum8w.jpeg

The one on the left was taken in Disney World in January 2016, and the one on the right was taken last week. :) Slow going, but started at 215 and am now down to about 190.[/quote

Great job! Going to Disney in 4 weeks! Cannot wait.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    jbatinker wrote: »

Wait - you're on MFP and "CICO" isn't familiar?! ;)

CICO = Calories In, Calories Out... in other words, eat less than you burn.
    IF = Intermittent Fasting... people who only eat during a certain window of time in their day.

:)
  • jbatinker
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

IF = Intermittent Fasting... people who only eat during a certain window of time in their day.

Thank you - do I did not associate CICO to Calories in, calories out. IF - I would have never gotten.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Thank you - do I did not associate CICO to Calories in, calories out. IF - I would have never gotten.

You're welcome! Took me a while to figure out "IF" the first few times I saw it with no frame of reference. If? If what? ;)

btw, I'm close to halfway through my own journey right now (32lbs out of 67), but don't have any recent pictures (yet!) - when I get some, I'll add to the discussion! :)
  • jbatinker
    Options
    SueSueDio - looking forward to your pictures of your journey!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have been at this a really long time, so I guess you could say I'm really taking the 'slow and steady' route lol. I started at 240ish and I'm right around 175 and from a size 18W to 10/12. My ultimate goal is 155. I'm 5'8".t1b71sj2bfw0.jpg
    mo1xwoqi71k3.jpg

Great smile in both pics. You look fabulous-well done and thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!