Which is better? College football or NFL

Options
123457»

Replies

• kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Would you just look at all the HOT DAWG FANS ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :love:
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    BTW....I'm also a Cheer Mom so I'm pretty excited about high school football starting soon....Friday Nights under the Lights! Woot! Woot!
  • MSRunner23
    MSRunner23 Posts: 107
    Options
    The SEC doesn't suck in sports that matter. There are other sports outside the main 3 we could care less about.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say college. Every single game counts, you have to win EVERY TIME, and although a lot of them are playing to get NFL contracts (and most of them are playing to pay for school via scholarships), the majority of college athletes don't go on to play pro. They just seem to play with more heart IMO.

I love NFL, don't get me wrong, but I literally cried watching UT win the National Championship in 2006. And I went to the championship game in 2010 and -again- cried when Colt McCoy got hurt. There's just something about college sports that pulls at my heart a little more!

I tend to like college football more too. It may be that I grew up in St Louis when the Cardinals were threatening and eventually did leave or it may be spending years around the Tennessee and Texas A&M campuses. Whatever it is, I root for NFL teams based on players I like. I prefer college football though.

To the quote above:

The you have to win every time notion is not true. You have to have 6 wins to be bowl eligible. If you mean you have to win every time to win the National Championship, Alabama won it the last 2 years with 1 loss. I believe LSU won it a few years ago with 2 losses.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Would you just look at all the HOT DAWG FANS ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :love:

While not a UGA fan, I can totally admit to being fond of a lot of their fan base. ;-)
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I second that!!!!
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Where's Misty???????

I am here!!! LOl

College hands down!!!

48 days away.............GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

Ahhhh another fellow dawg fan!!!

My Redskins got Rambo i am pretty excited for him to be on our team

Knew him personally! He can and will kick *kitten* when he wants too!!! But generally gives at least one run up a game!! Gave him lots of hell for that....( man, that chickens more burnt than you were in the game last week...) so maybe we toughened him up for ya!!! :wink:

i hope you all toughened him up for us, i definately think he will be a good player for us, maybe be the next Champ Bailey ;) haha
  • ryanosgood
    ryanosgood Posts: 28
    Options
    NFL...no question.

GO PATS!!!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say college. Every single game counts, you have to win EVERY TIME, and although a lot of them are playing to get NFL contracts (and most of them are playing to pay for school via scholarships), the majority of college athletes don't go on to play pro. They just seem to play with more heart IMO.

I love NFL, don't get me wrong, but I literally cried watching UT win the National Championship in 2006. And I went to the championship game in 2010 and -again- cried when Colt McCoy got hurt. There's just something about college sports that pulls at my heart a little more!

I tend to like college football more too. It may be that I grew up in St Louis when the Cardinals were threatening and eventually did leave or it may be spending years around the Tennessee and Texas A&M campuses. Whatever it is, I root for NFL teams based on players I like. I prefer college football though.

To the quote above:

The you have to win every time notion is not true. You have to have 6 wins to be bowl eligible. If you mean you have to win every time to win the National Championship, Alabama won it the last 2 years with 1 loss. I believe LSU won it a few years ago with 2 losses.

And then there are other schools like Penn St and Utah that were undefeated and got jack squat because they didnt get VOTES. Great job with your 2 losses. LOL
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Both have huge plus points, namely the Notre Dame Fighting irish and the San Francisco 49ers. Every other team sucks.

Apparently you didn't watch the 2012 National Championship game. Notre Dame shouldn't have even been there.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the_sec-real-football-real_girlfriends.jpg

real redshirts and no degrees.

IRISH for life.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    College...at least the fan base is more likely to be educated.

Clearly you've never been to Nebraska.

or Alabama..
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    College...at least the fan base is more likely to be educated.

Clearly you've never been to Nebraska.

or Alabama..

Or anywhere in the SEC except Vanderbilt.
  • FITIsTheNewPINK
    Options
    College! No doubt.
    Roll Tide!
  • pennelope515
    pennelope515 Posts: 369
    Options
    NFL for sure!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    College of course.