low carb Does work!!!!

Options
domgibson88
domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I'm sick of when people on here say they are struggling and someone on here suggests low carb and then another person berates them and says it's all about calories eat as much as you want but stay within the calories but heres the thing, did that and could not stay within my calories because carbs don't keep me satiated....they satisfy for an hour then I'm hungry again.. For example I used to have cheerios for breakfast but by first break at work (930) I was starving and usually grabbed a cookie or bag of chips...now I have 3 scrambled eggs with salsa (more calories) but I'm good till lunch!!I may have a small healthy snack like some Spitz or a handful of almonds but that's it!!!Now I'm not saying this works for everyone but I've lost 6 pounds in 2 and a half weeks doing this, it's working for me...so when someone on here suggests low care it is a VALID suggestion...the whole "eat whatever you want and stay within calorie goal" is not the ultimate answer so don't be quick to judge someone's suggestion.. Different lifestyles work for different people.

Replies

• domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of this!!!I have to have have some sort of carb in a day or I'll binge...what I was trying to get at is people suggesting low carb and other people saying they are flat out wrong, low carb allows me to stay within my calories cause higher fat content keeps me full for longer periods of time allowing me to stay within my goal...and yes I can make this my lifestyle I am OK with that....although every Friday when I get paid I treat myself to a burger and fries :) It just upsets me that some people on here think they're way is the absolute answer and it's not. unless you've given a ridiculous suggestion that makes no sense don't cut people down for helpful suggestions it may work for them.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Well my "rant" was from one specific post where someone sugested low carb and another person said quote "your wrong" just had to put my two cents in lol

Which thread?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    So, I'm sick of when people on here say they are struggling and someone on here suggests low carb and then another person berates them and says it's all about calories eat as much as you want but stay within the calories but heres the thing, did that and could not stay within my calories because carbs don't keep me satiated....they satisfy for an hour then I'm hungry again.. For example I used to have cheerios for breakfast but by first break at work (930) I was starving and usually grabbed a cookie or bag of chips...now I have 3 scrambled eggs with salsa (more calories) but I'm good till lunch!!I may have a small healthy snack like some Spitz or a handful of almonds but that's it!!!Now I'm not saying this works for everyone but I've lost 6 pounds in 2 and a half weeks doing this, it's working for me...so when someone on here suggests low care it is a VALID suggestion...the whole "eat whatever you want and stay within calorie goal" is not the ultimate answer so don't be quick to judge someone's suggestion.. Different lifestyles work for different people.

...When people give the "eat whatever you want and stay in your calorie goal" answer that is usually in response to someone who has told someone that they need to "cut carbs, sugar, eat clean... whatever". You need to find what works for you and eat what you like that is in your calorie goal. You said it yourself, different lifestyles work for different people.

I don't really see a lot of people on here saying that low carb is not a valid suggestion, just that it isn't necessary unless you have medical reasons for going low carb.

@kgirlhart The way you framed it is perfectly acceptable. However try putting it out there that cutting out sugar and going low carb is an option to try, and there are plenty who think low carb is a bad idea and will say that you can eat sweets and fit in cakes, etc and will fight a duel with you.

Edited typo
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    All you're saying here is that high fat and protein keep you full for longer.
This discussion has been closed.