Which protein shake brand are you using?

Options

Replies

• livingwaters4life
    Options
    I would like to hear other's more EXPERIENCED response to this question as well. Just like in ALL things, no two things are created equal.

I have used powdered egg white protein before and was told by my chiropractor that was a better choice. Topic of concern for me are:
    Sugar amount
    Absorption availability
    Correct protien amount one should have
    Best SOURCE of protien (Egg, whey, plant, etc)
    Then of course Brand and price

What I am using RIGHT NOW is this:

1 c. 2% milk (or coconut milk)
    1 RAW cage free, vegetarian fed brown egg
    2 Tbl. Ground Flaxeed Meal
    1Tbl Coconut Oil
    2Tbl Cocoa Powder
    1 tsp Vanillia
    5 Drops liquid Stevia
    4-5 Ice cubes

Blend in Vita-mix and enjoy!

This tastes delicious, has NO sugar, good protein and fats, and gives me energy after my workout for 3-4 hours.
  • jessicamiller25
    Options
    Great question and I would love to know what others use.

I was using Designer Whey Protein (chocolate) 100 cal 18 g protein 2 g sugar. I loved it but out of no where it started to give me GI upset. I do not know if they added a new artificial sweetner or what. I stopped taking it to make sure that is what causes my upset stomach (I am gluten intolerant and this protein is suppose to be gluten free).

I just ordered Only Protein from GNC and hope to have good success with it.

I know we can get all the protein we need from our food and I do eat very clean but I am trying to get very lean <18%. I was very lean about 16% but then I got a full time job and I spend a lot of my day sitting at a desk.

I am trying to eat low carb high protein and it is very hard to do this without protein powder (even milk has a lot of sugar).
  • Winngrip1
    Winngrip1 Posts: 1
    Options
    try substituting Rice milk for cow milk
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Advocare Muscle Gain
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm using Premier Protein (Ready Made) from Costco. It has 30g of protein and 1g of sugar. 160 calories. 3g of fat. 5g carbohydrates. 3g fibre. I like chocolate the best so far. It's so easy after my work out to drink one.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like MRM's egg white protein powders, Jay Robb's egg white protein powders, and Vitacost's ARO whey protein in Chocolate Peanut Butter.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey in vanilla. I love it. I have never tried the chocolate.
  • apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind I'd like to piggy back this topic and ask if anyone is using hemp powder? I've been advised to steer clear of soy and to take in as few carbs as possible. Any one else have these restrictions? If so, what do you like to use?
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I started drinking protein shakes yesterday and I love them. I use Ultimate Nutrition ISO Sensation 93 in chocolate fudge. 30g protein per scoop, I use 2 scoops per shake and 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    I'm using Body Fortress right now...it's not the "highest quality" but it is inexpensive and gets the job done!
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great question and I would love to know what others use.

I was using Designer Whey Protein (chocolate) 100 cal 18 g protein 2 g sugar. I loved it but out of no where it started to give me GI upset. I do not know if they added a new artificial sweetner or what. I stopped taking it to make sure that is what causes my upset stomach (I am gluten intolerant and this protein is suppose to be gluten free).

I just ordered Only Protein from GNC and hope to have good success with it.

I know we can get all the protein we need from our food and I do eat very clean but I am trying to get very lean <18%. I was very lean about 16% but then I got a full time job and I spend a lot of my day sitting at a desk.

I am trying to eat low carb high protein and it is very hard to do this without protein powder (even milk has a lot of sugar).

I also use Designer Whey & have always purchased the vanilla because they used stevia for the sweetener whereas the chocolate used aspertame or splenda (can't remember which); then I noticed the package for the chocolate had changed so I checked the label & found they starting using the stevia for the chocolate flavor as well so I bought some. I can have the vanilla with no issues, but the chocolate always makes my stomach hurt! I thought it was just me, but I guess not. :(
  • johnnlinda
    johnnlinda Posts: 69
    Options
    Pro7ein Synthesis
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey Double Chocolate.

I've tried others such as NitroTech and EAS. I didn't think either mixed well or tasted that great. Since I've been turned on to ON, I have no need to try others.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress brand. For a time I used their whey isolate, now I'm using the regular whey. It doesn't taste all that great, but it's not horrible either like many people claim it to be. In any case I don't take protein powder for its flavor, it's just something I need to have to help meet my protein goal for the day.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life and Warrior Blend
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Dymatize All Natural Elite Whey Protein Isolate Strawberry Shake Flavor

per scoop

Calories 125
    Calories from Fat 14
    Total Fat 2g 3%
    Saturated Fat <1g 3%
    Cholesterol 15mg 5%
    Sodium 75mg 3%
    Total Carbohydrate 4g <1%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 24g
    Calcium 180g 18%
    Iron <1mg 2%
    Sodium 45mg 2%
    Potassium 75mg 2%
    Proprietary Enzyme Blend 40mg †
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey

^^ this

I use this same, but i use a mix of Whey and Casien, because they have a different rate of obsorption into the muscles, so think way my muscles are being fed for a longer period of time.

Whey is obsorbed the quickest,
    then casien,
    then egg protein,
    and soy is obsorbed the slowest.

i love ON standard natural because it doesnt have any kind of artificial sweetners, and it has 5 grams of BCAA's per serving.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Egg White protein mixed with So Organic Coconut Milk when I just need to get enough protein into my plan for the day. I use the Jay Robb Whey protein only after a workout and I blend that with the coconut milk and a dark-colored berry.....cherry, blueberry, etc.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    $T2eC16Z,!yEE9s5jGKMBBQoUVSWGKw~~60_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Trunutrition- Trutein,(pumpkin pie) purely because it's FREAKIN' delicious