Which protein shake brand are you using?

Options

Replies

• rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind I'd like to piggy back this topic and ask if anyone is using hemp powder? I've been advised to steer clear of soy and to take in as few carbs as possible. Any one else have these restrictions? If so, what do you like to use?

After doing some research I decided to avoid Whey and soy isolates in a shake powder. I am using Trader Joe's organic Hemp powder in vanilla. The cost is pretty decent (about 10 to 12 dollars for 16 oz), the taste is alright and it provides a good dose of fiber and protein.

My Perfect smoothie:
    3-4 Tablespoons Hemp powder
    1/2 or so of almond or coconut milk
    1/2 c frozen blue berries
    1/2 a banana
    2 Tablespoons Orange Juice concentrate
    probiotic powder from one capsule
    ice cubes and little water

about 325 calories

*it seems like a good dose of sugar but I usually only have one small serving of a fruit on a day I have this.

After a work out I make a skinnier version of this if I've already had breakfast. That is usually 2 Tbls hemp powder, blueberries and a splash of orange juice and ice cubes.
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I'm new to protein shakes but I just started lifting. Someone on here recommended Muscletech - Phase 8 Vanilla and I love it! I have nothing to compare it to though.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I use Click Espresso shakes. 120 calories, 15 grams of protein, and a double shot of espresso. I have the Mocha, the Vanilla Latte, and the decaf (for evenings).
  • chucks1967
    Options
    I only use HumaPro. its the only protein I have ever used that I would recommend and I have used lots. You can get it in pill or powder form. it is 98% absorbed and is backed by medical and independent studies. What that translates to is it is almost all utilized instead of being passed through the urine. Have a look. http://humapro.com/
    [/quote
    sorry wrong link here is the correct link. ]http://alrindustries.com/products/humapro-tablets
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein... It's delicious!! And pretty cheap
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate and a few other ingredients to make these:

jj6y40.jpg
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I use the Gladiator meal replacement powder found at Smoothie King. 2 scoops is 190 calories, 1 carb, 45 grams of protein, 0 sugar. I love the vanilla, use it in pancakes and fruit smoothies. The chocolate flavor tastes like cookies & cream to me.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I use the Gladiator meal replacement powder found at Smoothie King. 2 scoops is 190 calories, 1 carb, 45 grams of protein, 0 sugar. I love the vanilla, use it in pancakes and fruit smoothies. The chocolate flavor tastes like cookies & cream to me.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I use the muscle pharm one and tastes like complete crap but I have it and gotta use it...
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey - cookies and cream or sugar cookie. :heart:
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of others, I have tried numerous different brands.... Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize Nutrition Iso-100, Six Star Elite Series, True Nutrition, About Time and my current which is BSN Syntha-6 Isolate.

I like the ON brand, especially their all natural line. About Time is all natural as well, but they're just a bit too pricey to stick with. This is my first time to try the BSN brand and I'm liking it as well.

One thing I have discovered is that I personally don't do well with whey concentrate.... blows me up like a beach ball and leaves me burping for hours.... :sick: .... so for me, I tend to stick to the ones that are all whey isolate.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We use two kinds in our house. I use Garden of Life Raw meal because I am a cancer survivor and do not want all the soy or preservatives. Plus, whey makes me nauseous. GOF is completely organic, GMO and just a perfect food, 34 grams of protein per two scoops, all plant derived. My husband and son use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard because it tastes awesome and it doesn't have as many poisons, like arsenic, as others (check Consumer Reports on that). They love the Chocolate Mint, Vanilla, Strawberry and Double Chocolate. We order all of it online at vitaminshoppe.com. They have the best prices.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm using Premier Protein (Ready Made) from Costco. It has 30g of protein and 1g of sugar. 160 calories. 3g of fat. 5g carbohydrates. 3g fibre. I like chocolate the best so far. It's so easy after my work out to drink one.
    Great protein shake ^^
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey in vanilla. I love it. I have never tried the chocolate.
    I use the same!
  • mnxl
    mnxl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Muscletech - 100% Premium Whey Protein Plus Deluxe Chocolate/ samsclub
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    MTS Whey Chocolate , Cellucor cinnamon swirl
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options