Which protein shake brand are you using?

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Trutein - Chocolate PB Cup mmmmmmm
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein - 140 calories, 7 carbs, 2 fat, 26 protein. I love that it comes in Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla, Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter. Vanilla is great with fruit as smoothies & my favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I like it because it shakes well in a drink bottle with lid when I'm not near a blender and doesn't taste bad if I don't have dairy to mix with it. Also packs a good protein punch!

did you know that it now has 30g of protein per scoop? I know the calories went up to 150 but not sure what changed with everything else.

I don't have the containers with me but this was from today's Chocolate pb added from online. Each of the flavors appear to vary slighly. Like the Strawberry says 170 calories with 30 protein & the Cookies n' Cream show 140 with 26. I'll have to see on the original containers, but for variety and cost, it's not bad & works. Thanks for pointing that out :smile:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein - 140 calories, 7 carbs, 2 fat, 26 protein. I love that it comes in Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla, Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter. Vanilla is great with fruit as smoothies & my favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I like it because it shakes well in a drink bottle with lid when I'm not near a blender and doesn't taste bad if I don't have dairy to mix with it. Also packs a good protein punch!

did you know that it now has 30g of protein per scoop? I know the calories went up to 150 but not sure what changed with everything else.

I don't have the containers with me but this was from today's Chocolate pb added from online. Each of the flavors appear to vary slighly. Like the Strawberry says 170 calories with 30 protein & the Cookies n' Cream show 140 with 26. I'll have to see on the original containers, but for variety and cost, it's not bad & works. Thanks for pointing that out :smile:

i had to create my own food because all of the ones i found on this site still had the old numbers. Chocolate PB is my favorite.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    currently using 6 star elite whey.
    tastes great mixed with water and gets 30g per scoop.

have also used body fortress in the past and liked that as well (with almond milk, no so much with water)
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    1002135_40011_A_400.jpg

Best stuff IMO. Guys from Spartacus used it....nuff said lol
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind I'd like to piggy back this topic and ask if anyone is using hemp powder? I've been advised to steer clear of soy and to take in as few carbs as possible. Any one else have these restrictions? If so, what do you like to use?

I am using Hemp protein powder and it has zero added sugar or anything else added to it. My husband doesn't like it b/c it turns your smoothie (or oatmeal) green; but I don't care and it doesn't have a "flavor"; so you taste whatever you're eating.

I get it from ZNatural foods online.

http://www.znaturalfoods.com/Protein-Powders

I have also just order Chocolate & French Vanilla Vega One b/c they are very healthy and use stevia as the sweetener. I accidentally picked up a plant protein powder at WalMart that had sucralose in it and it tastes HORRID! HORRID I say; it is SO sweet it makes me gag even when I try to make with 1/2 a scoop and it has that horrible after taste; I think I shall just throw it in the trash when my husband isn't looking because it's truly inedible. Bye-bye $10.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    bump- I'm glad someone asked, because I want to start using it, but the few that I tried I didn't like. I don't do well with artificial sweeteners :frown: anyone have any suggestions for that?

Hemp or pea protein powder; they're raw and have no additives

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Good ol' Body Fortress :wink:

Not the best, but it does what I want it to!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

i had to create my own food because all of the ones i found on this site still had the old numbers. Chocolate PB is my favorite.

I just purchased the Chocolate Peanut Butter on the weekend, and it's still reading 130 cals, 25 g of protein. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada.. we talk a little slower and our products update a little slower :tongue:
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

I used this brand, it works great for recovery, relatively low cal - low carb, I rather enjoyed the flavor ... mixes well and its only $14.98 at Walmart (5lbs). I recently started experimenting with another brand since Body Fortress Super Advanced has 3g of creatine per scoop / 6g per recommended serving. I'm not sure if it was causing me to retain water.

I started using Whey Factors earlier this week
  • DATMANN
    DATMANN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cyto sport 100% whey protien/ chocolate!
  • boulinoute
    boulinoute Posts: 41
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey in vanilla

Tastes great. I even use it for mugcakes. DELICIOUS
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    USN Pure protein. Chocolate one
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Vega Sport Performance
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I keep cycling different ones. Right now I have 2 different powders and alternate them. I don't really like any of the flavors and I don't see yet much advantage or difference in going with any one brand. So I just keep trying different brands, at least the mediocre-bad taste I'm drinking this month is slightly different than the lame taste I had last month. :drinker:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    bump- I'm glad someone asked, because I want to start using it, but the few that I tried I didn't like. I don't do well with artificial sweeteners :frown: anyone have any suggestions for that?

Hemp or pea protein powder; they're raw and have no additives

I feel you on the artificial sweeteners, I don't have like a sensitivity I just think they taste awful. Jay Robb is another good one that uses stevia (I use the egg white protein, he has a whey protein as well)

http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/egg-protein-vanilla-12-oz-bag.asp
  • chucks1967
    Options
    I only use HumaPro. its the only protein I have ever used that I would recommend and I have used lots. You can get it in pill or powder form. it is 98% absorbed and is backed by medical and independent studies. What that translates to is it is almost all utilized instead of being passed through the urine. Have a look. http://humapro.com/
  • MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Trunutrition- Trutein,(pumpkin pie) purely because it's FREAKIN' delicious

We get all ours from TrueNutrition as well. you customize everything...what type of protien, the carb level, the sweetner you want to use....and lots of flavors. you can double the flavor if you want. and its affordable.
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Optimum Nutrition's Hydrobuilder. It has the optimal set of soy, whey and casein protein blends AND it has creatine tossed in for that extra growth.

Its kinda ridiculously expensive though. Grrr.. maybe I'll make my own.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    EAt the Bear - http://www.etbfit.com/ ymmy and 92.6% pure isolate - cinnammon bun is delish