Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    *waves to everyone*

Tess - glad you are feeling better too! I have been falling asleep soon as I get home from work. No energy to do my walking yet. Trying to take it easy for a few more days at least. Hope to be back to normal routine next week.

Sara - what makes it a Chinese Salad? sounds good!

Lana - I combat the evening/post dinner munchies with a big cup of chai tea with some stevia & a splash of cashew milk. it seems to work for me. good luck with the tea and jigsaw puzzles!

saltine - wow! that's the way to walk! fantastic progress!

kristina - what an achievement! congrats on your success!

Annie - all moved in and at home now at the new place? so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. <<hugs>>

Big change at work. They life-cycled my laptop and switched everyone over to WIN 10. I am NOT a fan. Also talk about making weekly sync meeting face to face instead of call in. Not thrilled at idea of 2 hours in a day gone to nothing but driving.

I actually stayed below my daily calories yesterday, even with trying a new recipe for a cake-in-a-mug last night. it was delish but came in at 320 calories when I put the recipe into MFP. :(

*having Cboys move lounge chair under Lana's tree for a nap*

163.5 today
    216.0 highest
    145.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    At work on hold on the phone forever.....I often wonder if they just sit there on the other end of the line and wait....

Kathryn love the new dog picture, is it current?

I need to get back to the herbal tea after dinner as well. no details, but true.

BBL
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - the picture of Callahan is from last October. He doesn't like having his picture taken so we were happy it turned out! If you point a camera at him, he will turn his head. I guess he must have been startled by a flash when he was younger or something before we got him.

Did you ever find some multivitamins that you liked?

On hold here as well, said someone should be with me in 5 minutes so I have it on speaker phone listening to crappy music. LOL
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - my dog is the same... she will sit still forever, until you point phone at her... silly pup...

Sara - I have often wondered the same thing... hold is so annoying...

Lana - one rock at a time... you'll get there...

Tess - glad you are feeling better

Waves to Saltine and everyone else!

Today is Gpa's 88th birthday! Hope to make it up to see him this weekend... weather permitting
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    centrum silver women 50+ so far is working - I need a better system of remembering to take them.....

My dog also hates cameras.

I was on hold for 30 min and hung up - lunch soon. Worst music I have ever heard and some jerk telling me my call was important....blah blah blah.

Dawn hope you get to see your Gpa - been a hard year for all of you.

bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

About the dog stories about having their photos taken.....

A few years back DH and I often had opportunity to baby sit for two girl Shih Tzus who belonged to an actress we knew. Well they must have learned from being in a family and a business with "hams" that it was a big deal to have your photo taken.

So they were just the opposite of normal dogs, I guess---when they would see people taking photos of other people in the room, they would stand up and get all waggy-tail with noses quivering in the air to get attention to have their photo taken!

(They were trained to be backstage, and they knew never to bark in the theater.)
    Such cuties they were.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana- now those are well trained dogs!!

Quiche for dinner and knitting/reading/nice hot shower on my to do list.

Dog is having trouble with cat who is camping on patio ledge sun bathing during the day - she is too short and cant intimidate the cat. Poor girl.

*snaps fingers to cboys, come shoo cat away for dog.

later- in for night need to put teakettle on before I snack more.......
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh Sara - poor Tillie--tortured by a darned cat! It's just not fair.

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    About the dog stories about having their photos taken.....

A few years back DH and I often had opportunity to baby sit for two girl Shih Tzus who belonged to an actress we knew. Well they must have learned from being in a family and a business with "hams" that it was a big deal to have your photo taken.

So they were just the opposite of normal dogs, I guess---when they would see people taking photos of other people in the room, they would stand up and get all waggy-tail with noses quivering in the air to get attention to have their photo taken!

(They were trained to be backstage, and they knew never to bark in the theater.)
    Such cuties they were.

Lana

That's a great story! They say, dogs don't know how to think certain ways... but, they do... they really do
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Second post, first would not go through..... lovely.

Glad it is almost Friday. Protein bars is good idea just not as often. Looking to find best price on vegan cookie that has good amount of fiber/protein - told Walmart has best price. My Walmart is disgusting, so I will keep pricing.

Work is just strange. Some days there is no management to be found. New Sup hire is doing 6 - 2:30 like he is hourly.....Almost feels like rats leaving a sinking ship.

Oatmeal is ready - make it your best Thursday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Sup is out for whole week, I saw this coming but just amazed what people get away with.

*ducking to miss bad karma for Sup.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sara - Have a strange Thursday and Friday at work. Sounds interesting in a strange way.

I have my hopes up that there will not be any big surprises when I get to NYC. I intend to make this an easy travel day and put off the unpleasant things until tomorrow.
    At airport, I ate too much. Did not even THINK a fleeting thought about Program or Weight Loss or Health.

Will be back on track on plane and once home in shoebox apartment. Quick trip to store for milk and vegetables, I hope.

North Carolina scale is stuck on 246.0. However, tape measure is showing waist measurement at 47 instead of 48.

Hugs to you all. May not get back to beach until tomorrow.

Sara - keep an eye on the Cabana Boys. They seem to be up to something.

Oh wait! I think they might have spotted Mario down the beach! Oh no!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh goodness. Here he comes! Argh!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

744uavy982kr.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Run ladies, Run! (activity points - Running from Mario!)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    An oldie but a goodie - like the necklace most of all.

I have card to send to you - will let you know when I actually do.

Hope your trip is not too exhausting.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2018
    Options
    An oldie but a goodie - like the necklace most of all.

I have card to send to you - will let you know when I actually do.

Hope your trip is not too exhausting.

Sara - the trip north went perfectly well from start to finish - it was a stellar trip! I am grateful for all having went well.

Ladies, just to let you in on a bit of Serial Starters Beach Club history: Sara was the first of us to notice Mario. Poor guy somehow showed up when Sara was having interviews for Cabana Boys.

Now, to be clear, Sara is very, very strict and very clear when it comes to qualifications. I guess he cannot read English.

We were polite that time, and thanked him for stopping by, but......I guess he comes back every winter!
    He does have that certain Je ne sais quoi, but I do find him a tad scary.
    I like the blue cocktail and the jewelry on the right hand :open_mouth: Can you tell I've been "single" way too long?

LOL!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

We need to make sure we post the cboys audition notice somewhere Mario wont see it. I shutter to think how that would go. Mario - to be honest was a very tacky but funny card I sent to Lana to cheer her up!

Knitting and reading on tap tonight. Ordered blueberries in my fruit/veg box this month. Sounded good with all the root vegetables.

Wishing all a good night.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh, Lana. Mario - what a character!

Anyone else watching the Olympics? I especially like the Winter ones.

A night of rest and relaxation. Still haven’t regained energy and am getting impatient.

Waves to all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!

One more chicken salad that I made today. Now to try and plan next week. Lovely.

With change to new medical group with insurance people are having to wait weeks to see PCP, if things are urgent we are being sent to urgent care. Sad when its the company you work for. Had to cancel appointment with Ophthalmologist as it is with the previous medical group. Just shaking my head.

Off to eat oatmeal and cuddle up with dog. Wave to all who follow.