Options
    Waves to Lana.. Tess.... Saltine and everyone else... have a great evening
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Missy - where do you get Lemon/lavender/peppermint blend? Your balance ball almost looks painful. ;) Let us know if that gets the green light at work. A couple days off of exercise routine is a short term loss/ long term gain if it sets you up better at work ....

Sinus headache is drifting into my nose which is an improvement. Will spend today doing claims that require phone calls so I expected a whopper of a headache by the afternoon. Will plan accordingly.

Lurking from work - wishing all a great Valentine's Day - sending 6 more hearts to Chemotherapy today. Will try and avoid the HUGE calorie treats and find a compromise.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    540tr3i0jz7h.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

You know the Cabana Boys have planned for us a day full of special treats!

:wink:

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »

Picking up new glasses tomorrow. Progressive lenses. Have heard they take some time to adjust to. Will probably be prancing around like a pony lifting my legs way up when i walk if the floor looks closer to me... LOL :D

Kathryn - be careful with curbs and single steps. They were the worst for me. Also, this will sound odd, but be aware of knocking your elbows into things, because some progressives will distort the depth perception from side to side as well.

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lana - thanks for the pointers! hopefully i don't go traipsing around like a bull in a china shop!

work computer filters out the pictures so all i get the name of the photo like: Oo1cuv2m4giw/jpeg so i have to use my imagination! LOL

Will have to try the blend of lemon/lavender/peppermint. Usually for headaches I use only peppermint on temples. I do have a blend called "breathe" (no idea what all is in it) that is a tremendous help with congestion. i put a dot under my nose and on the roof of my mouth to ease breathing.

lurking from work until time for eye dr appt.....

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    36i30dm2h51a.png

kathryn, happy valentines day with lots of small shiny heart on it.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day! May your day be filled with only no calorie, non sugary treats...Hugs
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop in to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day <3<3

Sara~Thank you so much for the dog treat recipe, I will try it this weekend. Just an fyi you can freeze dog treats, that is what I do when I make them in bulk, my pups also like them frozen as it takes a bit longer for them to eat.

Tess~Glad to see you are feeling better!

Yes my little Thumbelina is a cutie pie that's for sure :)

So I surprised my BF by making him lunch today (usually only make him lunch on Mondays) and woke up extra early (4am) to do that do my 5.5k run and pre-make hamburger patties for supper, he has no idea what I have planned. It is nice out (by Winnipeg standards...lol should only be about -11 including the windchill) so I want to bbq supper for him tonight, homemade bacon cheeseburgers with mushrooms, onions, peppers & a hot pepper saute'd together & potatoes and onions done on the bbq. He does all the cooking every other night of the year so I like to surprise him once in a while...however, once he sees what I am doing he will help out/take over...lol I also have a special heart shaped peanut butter marshmallow square (his favorite treat :yum: ) hidden in the downstairs fridge that I made for him late Saturday night after he fell asleep...heeheehee :)

Enjoy your evening all!

~Saltine~ >:)

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Saltine - you are a good Valentine. Enjoy your special meal and treat with BF!

Dawn - Waving over to you~~~

Sara - Pretty Hearts!

Kathryn - As I hurt my toes inadvertently kicking boxes and such on my apartment floor, I thought of you. I am terribly nearsighted, so that is what makes my progressives difficult. Odds are you will have a much easier time of it.

Missy - Thank you for giving some of your aroma-fragrances to the Cabana Boys--good idea!

Happy Valentines Day to Annie and Tess and Kristina and anyone else who visits our little beach club this evening.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

PS - I am traveling tomorrow - going back down to North Carolina. I will post if I remember, and the day is not stressful.
    Otherwise, see you all on Friday.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Home from work the "crazy project from heck" is almost done - until I get the next one..... Salad for dinner and will curl up with dog. Hot chocolate would be good, but I have had so much today.....maybe not.

Lana - check in when you get to your South home.

Wishing all a wonderful Valentine's day and a good night's sleep.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine’s Day, all! Hope you were all kind and good to yourself.

Sweet dreams,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, had to delete my cookies to get into the boards. Microsoft updating monthly stuff on my computer as well. Luckily I figured it out.

Warm compress for eyes this morning - fell asleep last night and forgot.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Weeeelllllll...... these glasses are going to take a while to get used to. I feel like a bobblehead sitting at my computer moving my head up and down trying to find the sweet spot where I can read monitor clearly!

Lana - As you warned - have banged my elbows a time or two but - so far - no trips or falls or stubbed toes. (Am sure that may change as the day goes on)

Sara - a warm compress for eyes sounds sooooooooooo good right now. (however I doubt they would appreciate me doing that at work! LOL)

saltine - sounds like you had a big surprise planned! hope everything went according to plan and you had a great Valentines Day

Hope everyone enjoyed Valentines Day! DH and I ended up getting a private tour of Chip Gnassi Racing and a big bbq dinner afterwards. I brought home 1/2 the dinner so will have brisket again tonight!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, welcome to the world of progressive lenses! I understand what you’re going through. It does get better! Here’s a trick I learned the hard way about progressives and computer screens. I ended up with a pinched nerve in my neck this past June; my physical therapist suggested the computer screen was probably at fault. The screen should be about 24 inches from your eyes, and the bridge of your nose should be parallel with the top of the screen. This means the screen is a LOT lower than it is for people with regular glasses. Otherwise you will be tipping your head back, trying to read the screen from the bottom part of your glasses. I didn’t realize this is what I was doing until the pinched nerve.

Hope this makes sense! Good luck.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Thank you Tess for the progressive lens and computer screen tip - we forget and move our necks and not our eyes....

3 day weekend coming up and I will make the best of it with cleaning/ dejunking and napping.

Quiche for dinner - boring I know but I am being lazy.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, Gung Hay Fat Choy-

Used to live in San Francisco and got used to hearing that on the radio....

Fruit/veg box - have blueberries this time so I will be enjoying those. Parsnips and carrots I will roast and put into fried rice for next week as well. Options are key at the moment as boring hangs overhead.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Happy New Year! 2018 is the year of The Dog!

Waves to everyone else.

Running to get dressed to do errands (activity points!) before it starts raining.

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    Options
    It was 66 yesterday. 32 this morning. Yuk! Just wish Mother Nature would pick a season and stick with it!

Tess- thanks for the tips! I have attempted to adjust my monitors as you suggested. also moved my chair up to the highest position to get bridge of nose even with top of screen (or at least it seems i have them parallel) will see how it goes. Had a bit of a headache yesterday.
    My eye doctor said she would adjust my glasses if needed. How do you know if your glasses need adjusting when everything seems wonky??

Sara - good luck on the three day weekend of cleaning. i would much prefer the napping! LOL

Lana - hope your trip south was without incident. stay warm and dry!

Ate the rest of the bbq dinner last night. Scales were not kind this morning. :(

Hopefully, I will get enough activity this weekend to get those scales down. The family is getting together to clean out MIL house in preparation of her moving into an apartment. Not sure how things will work out. I don't think everyone is on same page about her moving. Will see how that all goes. :/

*waves to everyone who stops by*
    *snapping fingers for Cboys to bring a round of beverages for everyone*