Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Going for hair cut. Just got off phone to cancel my newspaper - I almost had to be rude to the woman - I have no trouble getting paper I can no longer afford it and would rather not say it 4 times. I got her employee # and cancelled ahead of time - I am hoping there is no further trouble.

New hairdresser, we shall see and if the $$ went up.

BBL.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your good thoughts for pup. She seems much better, with pain meds. Until, she lays around, wakes up stiff and SO panics...

Kathryn -it's ok, if all goes well, I will still be selling Scentsy .... so, there's plenty of time to save...

So, somehow, I ended up with tummy bug... no one at work is sick.. but, never know about clients...I felt perfectly fine Tuesday when I went to bed... then, woke up at 5:00am with the worse nausea...I hate calling into work, especially when I've only been there 6 months... thankfully, they are very understanding...I feel better, today... just tired and a lingering headache... Will be back to work, tomorrow...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dawn, better to stay home for everyone - you,coworkers, animals and owners. Drink lots of water and hope you sleep well.

Hairdresser prices went up slightly so still a place to go to. New hairdresser cuts differently but no weird haircut so all is well.

Meatless day - the nourish bowl was worth eating again - how often I dont know. Quiche for dinner is broccoli swiss cheese.

Got really cold and is raining- so definite snow in mountains . We need it all.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,883 Member
    Options

Sara - I wonder if no more newspaper will mean Tillie will sleep through that usual time?
    I hope your new haircut is looking good for you~~

Dawn - Feel better soon!

Kathryn - I'm with you on the plants coming up and then getting frozen again. Crossing fingers, but we haven't even gotten to March yet! :open_mouth:

Waves to Tess and Saltine and Annie and Missy and anyone else who stops by to say hello~~

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Thinking about what I was eating when I was on WW - I made a list of 3 things that worked - added "no cookies" to the list and we shall see- dr apt in 2 weeks - need to have a better game plan for long term.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Was dark dismal day here. Just enough rain to be annoying. Wind was biting cold. I like the 70 degree days much better!

Dawn - take it easy and dont push yourself. one of the bugs going around here hits you one day, you feel better, then hits you again like a truck crushes you. make sure no fever before you try to go back to work. you and your pup take it easy!

Sara - may try the nourish bowl. hope no paper means more sleep for you! most of the newspapers around here are online or we read it at library. was wondering, have they used the doggie DNA to fine people yet?

Had 4" of hair whacked off last night (trying to get hair all one length) When I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, I'm startled! LOL Will take a bit to get used to, I guess.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Rain will be back start of next week.

Newspaper was only thing I did to stay up to date on the news. How much will I miss? Dont know.

Kathryn - April is the dreaded start of poop patrol. Many dog owners have actual flashlights as their phones dont really work well (shock). Your day and mine rain wise were similar - very cold rain - had possible hail in areas, but mountains are getting much needed snow.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Friday. Finally. Yesterday was National Margarita Day - hope the C-boys took note and have warmed up the blender.

Cold temps and rain have returned to the nation’s capital. Blech.

Finally returned to working with a trainer on Wednesday after 3 weeks of postponing sessions due to illness. Felt good to find some muscles I forgot I had.

Only a few more hours until the weekend. Hope the day goes smoothly for all. Waves and BBL.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    we have frost and fog - does that make frog??
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess - I am heartbroken I missed National Doughnut day and National Margarita Day- scale wise good thing but child inside is not happy - hot chocolate after dinner - will have to leave note on cboys bulletin board and alsoget an update on their intervention going on in Lana- land.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you all for your good thoughts...I'm back at work, today... not feeling the best... but, better...I never had a fever... temp was actually low.... haven't ate much since Tue.... just got a Sub and ate only half, trying not to push too much, but was getting really shaky...

Everyone stay warm and dry... temps up a bit, here but calling for rain until Sun... definitely Spring like weather, coming... yay...haha

Everyone have a good day...
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Dawn - glad you are feeling better. just remember not to push yourself while sick.

Tess - glad to hear you are able to get back with trainer. i need to get back into exercise habit!

Sara - you can catch news on your computer or phone. easy way to keep up to date.
    and, yes, i suppose freezing fog would be "frog"! haha

busy weekend planned with travel & jeep stuff. should be able to get in all my steps and more! Monday means travel for work again. Not thrilled with that.

Have a great weekend!

*waves to all who drop in*
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ijkjnsui5tjr.jpg

Here is a freezing frog for Friday~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~

Must make note to self to look up what a Nourish Bowl is.

Kathryn - your weekend sounds good. How far do you travel when you travel for work? Is it driving in your car or flying somewhere? (I will travel vicariously with anyone anytime!)
    I hope that you are getting used to and liking the hairstyle you see in the mirror.

Dawn - Are you feeling any better? I worry when peeps don't eat and feel shaky. Do you have the weekend off to help recuperate, understanding where you live and that it's probably a livelier place and one can't expect peace and quiet. I do hope you spring back towards feeling much better. You and miss Puppy.

Tess - good for you! Working out with a trainer after having been sick lately. Does the trainer look like anyone we should recruit for the Cabana Boys? Hmm?

Sara - So how auspicious a date is that - April Fool's Day - for the Puppy Poop Patrol Program to launch? Have you decided on a flashlight? I hope that you have a good weekend. How are you liking your new haircut?

Things are good here. Groceries were delivered today, so I have fresh broccoli and salad greens and onions and scallions and carrots....along with a bunch of other "on program" things.
    I'm hoping that the weather will change and I can get in some walks without aches and pains.

I wish that I could jump into my swimming pool! Only 56 degrees though.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - poor frozen frog...hope your leg feels better... enough to walk at least...I do work this weekend... luckily, not full days...I'm feeling "ok" I made it half way through my Sub at lunch and that was all I could do...very, very tired...SO grilled chicken, cooked asparagus and baked beans..I had half a piece of chicken and a little asparagus... not so sure it was a good idea...I know I should eat lighter, just trying to eat filling...I'm in bed and not sure I'll be awake much longer... morning will come too early...

Kathryn- enjoy your weekend! It always takes me a bit to get used to shorter/different hair...but, I like changing and, I always say "It's hair, it'll grow back"

Tess - good luck with trainer! I'm so self conscious, I have a hard time working out with anyone else...

Sara - glad you didn't get a funky hair cut...I get nervous when I change girls... it's really nice, now that Sis is hairdresser... just don't get to see her often enough...

Well, feeling extra tired... everyone have a good night...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/8876894

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, bananas / rice/ applesauce / toast - even put applesauce on toast..... I got a couple cans of chicken soup just to have in the house.

It is cold enough here where if I bundle up with dog- it is easy to fall asleep.

Frozen frog - Lana!! It made me feel cold and I was hoping frog was okay.

Have filing taxes on my to do list this weekend - how should I reward myself?

Duck Soup Marx Brother's movie on dvd from Netflix - have never seen their movies.....

Wishing all a good night.
  • hickchic67
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ahhh, the B.R.A.T diet and chicken soup! lived on that the last part of dealing with my flu. it really does help the tummy.
    Dawn - hopefully if you get that kind of food, no one else will eat it! sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lana - how is your leg feeling? the travel for work does not require airfare (at least not right now). have to drive to satellite venues for meetings and presentations that could (and should) be accomplished by email. really its not that big of a deal overall but it is kind of irritating because i took this job so i wouldn't have to drive/travel much.
    [my last job promised not much travel and I ended up travelling (flying around the 54 states and territories) an average of 2 weeks out of every month for several years!]

Sara - never seen Marx Brothers? they are classic and soooooo much more entertaining than the 3 stooges! good luck with taxes. we still have to file ours and i am dreading it.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Speaking of old movies/ shows... I've been watching Andy Griffith a lot...I really enjoy that show... tonight, "Business Man's Special" was a hollowed out tomato, with Avocado and raisins... why did we stop eating so simple? Not sure about the raisins, but that sounds pretty good! Now, it's so "creative" that what ends up on yer plate, barely looks edible....sometimes, I really think, I was born at the completely wrong time... things were so much simpler, then... even the food...
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Sara - saw this and thought of you and the Puppy Poop Patrol Program! hahaha!
    https://clinivac.com/clinivac-pet-offer
    :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, dog up and fed.

Kathryn - if that is a poop vacuum, you are the second person to suggest this - imaging cleaning that??

I did enjoy Duck Soup, it is better than the Three Stooges - and some of their stuff is classic - glad it was only an hour long. Stopping Netflix is my next budget move - I have had it for 10 years maybe and nothing appeals to me anymore.

Dawn - I made a list of some of the things I had for dinner when I started WW and will bring those back. My dinners became too large and starchy. Our "super sized" society is not always realistic. Your stuffed tomato sounded good. You could also bake the tomato and put eggs and ham in it.....

BBL