Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    Dawn = using citrus scentsy nice change from the cinnamon based ones.

Never thought about water with animals, but it makes sense. My little one has her physical next month.....

Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, but must be done. Quiche is almost done - broccoli/bell pepper/onion with swiss cheese.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, down .6 will take it and run.

Working on a more vegetarian diet this week. Trying something new.

I have a box in my screen that shows how many people want to "friend" me - I just realized that maybe it doesnt have the capacity to reach 100 - I have been watching and waiting. Didnt know I was so popular and since I dont understand what "friending" really accomplishes, I wont even clear them out.

Quiche today for lunch - vegetables with hummus, string cheese, and banana for snacks. Nourish bowls for Tues/Wednesday.

Need to scoot, wave to all who follow make it your best Monday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options

Good morning everyone~~

Sara - thumbs up on the down .6 Sorry about your tomato sauce--this stuff does happen a lot to me, so it's not just you.
    I don't get it with the people who want to "friend", but who have no idea who I am and who have never stopped by our Serial Starters Beach Club. Harrumph.

Tess - thank you for support. I did get hungry in the evening, even though I ate well during the day (filling veggies, high protein, low carb), so I did have another meal, tracked it all. I was in the red almost 700 calories yesterday, which is monster, but as a daily weigher, the scale went down instead of up. Bodies are interesting.

*brief intermission*
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn and Missy~~

Is it the littler dogs that tend to get the bladder stones, or is it all breeds?
    I hope that the Pomeranian makes it through today, and that Missy's bichon improves soon.

See you all later~~

Lana

244.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
    239.8 goal someday very soon - tired of the 40s
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

SOUP!

I forgot about soup. I used to be a big fan of the WW Zero Point soup.

Today I am hurting a bit too much to stand and cook from scratch, so I combined a quart of low sodium chicken broth with a can of Progresso Italian Wedding Soup to make 4 servings of basic soup. I will add leftovers etc to the bowl each day I have it.

Today I'm adding ricotta cheese and cooked broccoli and some no-salt seasonings. Makes a good lunch today with a cup of 1% milk on the side: 286 calories, ~18 g protein
    Not too shabby!

Lana
  • ChichiVilla
    ChichiVilla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I can make it to the gym today but I will try after dinner. Very busy day!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Dawn and Missy~~

Is it the littler dogs that tend to get the bladder stones, or is it all breeds?
    I hope that the Pomeranian makes it through today, and that Missy's bichon improves soon.

See you all later~~

Lana

244.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
    239.8 goal someday very soon - tired of the 40s

Yes, it seems to be more common in smaller dogs and cats... not saying bigger ones can't get stones... just not as much... Pomeranian "Taz" made it thru surgery well... surgery took a bit, there were probably 8 pea size stones... no wonder why he hurt :'( he was happy and running around, by noon... amazing how they bounce right back...

Great WI!

• arniedog74
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Thank you all. We love our pack. Kiara seems to be doing fine. Just keep praying that the food switch will work and she won’t follow in my last bichon’s footsteps. My last bichon has stones pretty much every other year and food, meds didn’t do anything. She had 5 surgeries over the course of her lifetime and well the 5th one she made it through the actual surgery but not a full 24 hours after it. And my family and I all thought she’d come out fine because it wasn’t the first rodeo with her so needless to say we were devastated back then. At least with this bichon this is her first time with stones and maybe she will be different. I’m trying to not think about it. Bichons are prone to bladder stones.

House viewing went good. Almost went for it but it doesn’t check all of the boxes. So we will continue on.

Anyways, glad Monday is almost over and can’t wait to get back to my pooches. Hope everyone else is having a good start to the week.

This was 2nd for little Taz... bout a year ago, I think was 1st... they wrote a note about what he eats...seems, Greenies can cause problems, if they already have crystals... which, Taz gets Greenies and has the wrong kind of crystals... never knew food could cause issues with bladder crystals...

Good luck with house viewing...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tax forms sent- I hope they understand my mistake - paid what they asked. Did all that I could to be honest. Taking deep breathes in and out and letting go......

Lady at work's mother is having health and dementia issues and family spent most of the weekend in ER/ hospital. Coworker had a bag of cheetos and said she was not paying attention to what she was eating or drinking - I understood and said that cheetos are medicinal. Sometimes reminding someone of healthy eating is inappropriate.

Wet and cold and someone posted local hail picture so much it looked like snow - so glad I did not have to drive in it, just too dangerous.

Hot chocolate on tap with Miss T - she watches and I drink.....Good to know about Greenies she does not get one daily and I just ran out, so I will rethink buying more.

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I give up. been trying to type a post and my cat, Gracie, keeps walking across the keyboard and deleting everything. so here is a quick HELLO to everyone before she does it again!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Kathryn - hello and meow to cat. Does Gracie want your attention?

Got a letter from the company I work for welcoming me to their medical group - but it was for the wrong city. I will not send PHI (medical records) to people who have no business looking at it. Will ask Supervisor about it and see where I need to correctly send it. I have had enough of progress/technology this week.

Baby blankets (2) are 1/3 done mother to be does not realize that I do not knit blankets in the summer and she is due in August.... start a blanket maybe, but finish?? Way too hot.

Annie - stop by when you can.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Made phone calls for medical group - yes I have the right dr assigned to me and the letter was sent out in error - wonder how many they sent out??

State Tax amended form small enough (thickness) to send - we shall see what we shall see. I have done all I can. Walk away, walk away.

Nourish Bowl for lunch. Snack may not be so healthy, we shall see.

Sun is so bright it's almost blinding our rain cleared out the pollution so well, rain due through Saturday at least so feel a little like Gracie wanting to sun bathe.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello Ladies~~

I forgot to check in this morning!

It's funny for me to read the posts about the dogs and the Greenies. In my world, a Greenie is a type of very tiny straight blade screwdriver! LOL~~ Sending good vibes to all the doggies--no stones!

Today was the one sunny day of the week, so I got outside and did some gardening--pulling brown leaves off of frightened and almost dying gardenia bush.

Soup with meatballs and leftover broccoli for supper.

Hugs to all~

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    File this under “next time, I’m adopting a stupid cat”.....

Our cats love open windows. From watching us, they have figured out how to unlock them and we even caught them putting their little paws on the glass and attempting to open them.

Today, the 3-year-old took it one step further. He pried the alarm sensor off one of the windows, resulting in a call from the alarm company, a visit from the local police and a $100 fine for having the police respond to a useless call.

The fact he is so darned cute is the only thing keeping him off Craig’s List right now...

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Those darn cats - I was right it is the name of a movie!! Yours is clever and expensive at the moment.....

Done for day will knit with dog and then call it good.

• arniedog74
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Thank you all. We love our pack. Kiara seems to be doing fine. Just keep praying that the food switch will work and she won’t follow in my last bichon’s footsteps. My last bichon has stones pretty much every other year and food, meds didn’t do anything. She had 5 surgeries over the course of her lifetime and well the 5th one she made it through the actual surgery but not a full 24 hours after it. And my family and I all thought she’d come out fine because it wasn’t the first rodeo with her so needless to say we were devastated back then. At least with this bichon this is her first time with stones and maybe she will be different. I’m trying to not think about it. Bichons are prone to bladder stones.

House viewing went good. Almost went for it but it doesn’t check all of the boxes. So we will continue on.

Anyways, glad Monday is almost over and can’t wait to get back to my pooches. Hope everyone else is having a good start to the week.

This was 2nd for little Taz... bout a year ago, I think was 1st... they wrote a note about what he eats...seems, Greenies can cause problems, if they already have crystals... which, Taz gets Greenies and has the wrong kind of crystals... never knew food could cause issues with bladder crystals...

Good luck with house viewing...

Thank you! It was a good start for the house search. I didn’t know greenies did that. We would occasionally give them to our dogs. Might rethink that now.

You are welcome... maybe mention to yer vet...I think it's the Greenies dental chews and, if they have struvite crystals... if doggie doesn't have crystals, then I don't think you would have to worry about the Greenies... definitely, question for vet...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    File this under “next time, I’m adopting a stupid cat”.....

Our cats love open windows. From watching us, they have figured out how to unlock them and we even caught them putting their little paws on the glass and attempting to open them.

Today, the 3-year-old took it one step further. He pried the alarm sensor off one of the windows, resulting in a call from the alarm company, a visit from the local police and a $100 fine for having the police respond to a useless call.

The fact he is so darned cute is the only thing keeping him off Craig’s List right now...

Tess

I'm sure you don't think this... but, that's great! That is one smart cat... sorry you had to pay a fine, tho...
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm sure you don't think this... but, that's great! That is one smart cat... sorry you had to pay a fine, tho...[/quote]

Don’t worry, Sara - our cats are our spoiled babies and we could never part with them! And he is pretty cute, even when he’s naughty.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, Rain expected by end of day through Saturday. Dog walks will be short.....

Lunch at cafe today, only meal I have had so far with chicken/meat in it. Looking to see if more meatless days helps.

Found out lady at work is not having twins - not sure if she thought she was having twins or she just wanted me to make 2 blankets for her. Just keep knitting and move on. She is hanging around people at work that I dont like, but still am okay with knitting baby blankets she paid for the yarn.....

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Wednesday already!

Sara - How odd about the lady whose twin baby disappeared (my weird humor).

You said you are looking to see if more meatless days help. Help in what way? I missed it if you said in an earlier post. I ask because I do depend on lean cuts of meat here and there to boost the protein without adding a lot of calories.

Waves to all our other ladies--have a good day today. The Cabana Boys are working on a nice mid-week low calorie Happy Hour. Short water exercise class followed by foot massages.

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

245.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal