Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Strong wind and hail reported again with good dose of rain.

NSV (non scale victory) - in the past couple of weeks my selection of cookies did not make it past Wednesday/ Thursday - I just checked I just broke the half empty (2 sections in cookie container) mark tonight. May want to buy more of those - 4 ingredients= butter, wheat flour, egg and sugar (butter cookie wreaths).

Enjoying my citrus scentsy.

Dog poop patrol starts today - great timing such wet weather.

Wishing all a good night. Stay warm and find comfort.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning. Bright moon greets Miss T and I this morning. Good chance of rain later today.

Seems someone at work was trying to start "kitten" between the pregnant lady and myself. Got to get that cleared up yesterday. Just shaking my head, but glad the pregnant lady and I are all square again.

Fried rice,quiche, and stuffed bell peppers to make this weekend - the Asian store sometimes has ground chicken but if they dont then I will get soy crumbles for the peppers.

Knitters out there, found a coffee mug at Staples online that said "the only place where housework comes before knitting is in the dictionary" - had to share.

I am looking for a coffee mug for myself and a lady at work for her birthday who "wants nothing". She is the lady who has driven me to appointments for my eyes when I could not drive myself home. So wanted something for her. My 2018 calendar March is a painting of a coffee mug, so I want another one.

Hoping for a little more ZZZ.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,887 Member
    Options

Happy Saturday everybody!

Sara - That is awful that someone at work is so *kitten* as to want to spend their time doing bad things between two other human beings--especially involving the premature loss of a baby. Steer clear of that person, as I'm sure you do. What bad things must have happened to that person to make them that way. Sad.

The quote about housework and knitting is excellent!!!

So it's going to be wet for the first day of Poop Patrol? I wonder if they actually will be doing the patrol. Who has this glorious assignment? The security people? The landscapers/maintenance people, or did they get some outside company to do this? I know it isn't practical, but I have a vision of Sara sitting on her front porch, knitting, Tillie at her feet, and keeping tallies on the Inspectors. LOL!

Sun is shining today. I'm glad I'm not up in NYC; they had quite a day yesterday with the storm and wind.

Waves to Dawn and Missy and Tess and Kathryn and Saltine and anyone else who pops in later on~~

*tossing floppy hat and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

.....PS

......waves to Annie! Annie where are you? We are sending the Cabana Boys to look for you! I hope that all is OK with you and your family.

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Knitters out there, found a coffee mug at Staples online that said "the only place where housework comes before knitting is in the dictionary" - had to share.

Sara m, I love this! And oh so true for me...if I’m being honest, there are a LOT of activities that come before housework for me!

The winds have seemed to have died down to a dull roar. So far, we still have power and all our trees - very luck indeed. Others weren’t so fortunate.

BBL

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good morning Tess~~

Glad your winds have died down. Now why is it still so bad here in NC? I have never seen wind like this with the sun shining. It is blowing as it does sometimes during some scary summer storms. Maybe I've just not been here for it. It is just a tad unnerving to me.

Well, I just planned out and entered my food-day in the MFP thing. If I can stick to it, I'll need to print up today, because it should be a good, repeatable one.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    We survived Riley or so I hear that’s what it was called. We were lucky to not have lost power nor sustained any damage. My mom lost power though and is still without. Some parts of the state got hit harder than others.

Missy where do you live? You are somewhere in the Northeast..... Sorry to hear your mom is without power. Yikes! When my parents were living they had a house out in dairy country in Saratoga County, NY, and they would lose power several times per winter and summer. I was glad when they finally got a generator! Gah.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy - you might even find when you are house-hunting that some of the houses on the market might have the generator already in place.

My parents built their house and put in two wood-burning stoves. Then when they got older and the wood schlepping was too much for them, they replaced those stoves with ones that looked the same but burned propane. They had two huge tanks outside the house, and the generator used the same propane fuel. It was a pretty slick setup.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy - Keep on looking....something will turn up! Just be sure to leave your rose-colored glasses at home when you go house hunting. DH and I failed to do so, and having this place in NC has been quite an experience. :open_mouth: You seem pretty sensible though. :smiley:

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog knows her routine better than I do. 2:30 and 3:30 are hard to tell from the angle I see the wall clock from. So she had to wait a little longer than usual.

Groceries, then cooking and hand wash dishes (plastics, frying pans etc).

Couple days of clearing before next storm, so will take advantage of the good weather and walk /walk dog.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara!

Couldn't fall asleep last night; this morning, woke up way too early. 3.5 hours total. Jeez.
    So, I did some paperwork, and now can't keep eyes open.

Everyone have a nice Sunday. I'm going back to bed.

*tossing bag and hat onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

245.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A gorgeous day here in the nation’s capital - just the right kind of chilly, still a bit breezy and gorgeous sunshine. Did a 2-hour walk - helped both my mood and my sinuses. :smile:

Happy Sunday all - BBL.

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Very nice weekend here...SO and I went artifact hunting with part of his family, Sat.... it was quite enjoyable.. had a picnic on the creek side, and just enjoyed the day... actually had the weekend off, and was able to just relax... today wasn't sunny but, not too cool...was still a good day and, got more walking in than normal on my days off...the evening is ending stormy... goodness... poor pup is shakin like a leaf... starting to quiet down, thankfully... thunder was loud enough the house shook... hopefully, it is ending for the night... otherwise, will be a long night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in was "0" taking it and running, Pssst I weighed myself twice to see if there was a change - 0.2 down took the lowest.

Dawn- originally from Chicago so I know of storms where you thought the roof would come off. I would find my grandmother in the kitchen and we would play cards until things settled down. Dogs do not like storms (do cats even notice?) so I just sit and hold Miss T until it ends.

Quiche for most of my lunches. Made 2 stuffed bell peppers as well. Fried rice also available for dinners.

QOTD: what will you be working on this week?

AOTD: getting my "kitten" up and walking more. Weather will oblige until Wednesday at least.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work. Make it your best Monday.
  • sergzapico1980
    sergzapico1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is proven that this works better if you have people that can hold you accountable for your bad days, otherwise I tend to endulge myself quite often, and I have been trying for 4 years to lose weight, mainly for health reasons, so if you think we can help each other, please add me!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Everyone~

Welcome Serg! We're an informal group. We simply come to this thread and post. :smiley:

Sara - AOTW - I think I need to spend time on planning and mapping out my food days in advance. That's what I'm going to try--it will dovetail with the grocery list.

I'm heading up to NYC today and already have the Fresh Direct delivery scheduled tomorrow with no "bad" foods.
    However, I must eat healthy at the airport. RDU flying up has much much better food choices (Admirals Club) than LaGuardia does coming down (Au Bon Pain et al). I'm not blaming or crediting the places - it's my willpower in avoiding the tempting baked goods and candies. LOL!

Lana

245.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    MONDAY
    QOTD: what will you be working on this week?

AOTD: I too, need to work on walking/exercise. Was doing so well with doing workout videos with co-workers. Then flu hit. Never got back into routine. Will have to try to work around new work travel schedule.

Gorgeous, albeit chilly, weekend here. Spent about 10 hours total driving Saturday - met my SIL and niblings In northeast Indiana to visit with step-mom and then stopped to see my mom on way home. My step-mom is a spunky 99 years old. We went out for a lovely lunch and had good visit. My mom, on the other hand, refused to even acknowledge I was there. Would not talk to me. Don't think she knew who I was. Dementia is a cruel & vicious thing.

Busy with IFWDA (Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association) Convention. Its on St Patricks Day and we are crazy busy with planning & prep. So far, over 170 people registered. Usually there are only about 60-70, tops!

Will lurk from work....

*calling CBoys to bring sunscreen, hot tea & hot choc - sun shining but its a tad chilly here today*

*waves to everyone who stops in*

• Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!!

Sorry kinda fell behind in reading, but I will catch up! Was sick last week with a head cold, sore throat...the whole nine yards, but am feeling much better today!

Welcome Serg! Post when you can, we are all here to help.

It's my turn the storm came by where I live last night and has carried over to today...wow lots of snow on the ground...lol Temps are nice (feels like -8) & is windy (35 km) but that's nothing major.

Sara~I was wondering if you can freeze the quiche you make? I have started making quiche in muffin tins no crust & take 2 egg muffins for bfast each day & would like to make lots & freeze them on the weekend.

Lana~I noticed your comment on the WW Zero Point Soup...just wondering what is in it...I love making soup...usually make a very large batch of soup every so often & portion & freeze it but have turned to salads for lunch lately...you intrigued me with his one though.

QOTD: What will you be working on this week?

AOTD: I will be attempting to incorporate strength training on Tuesday & Thursday mornings instead of my usual 5k run (and maybe Saturday but it is my nephew's 7th bday this week so lots of decorating & setting things up for Sunday...party day..Harry Potter Theme)....Oh & try not to eat all the peanut butter cooks I made yesterday...hahaha

Have a great week everyone!

Waves to Dawn, Tess, Annie, Kathryn & anyone else who stops in.

~Saltine~ >:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Saltine - I froze the blue berries I bought. Things get lost in my freezer, but quiche does freeze well.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    https://food52.com/recipes/5301-brown-rice-pie-crust

simple recipe with brown rice/egg/cheese