Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Ash, welcome to the discussion! Your job sounds so fulfilling - and your fur babies are adorable. I’m Tess and I live in the Washington DC area with a hubby and two adorable and sometimes mischievous kitties. I’ve been on MFP since January 2017 and had great success in losing 50 lbs last year (slow and steady!). I still have more to lose and while I’m still counting calories with MFP, I also added strength training at the beginning of this year. This group has been a warm and welcoming one - we share our joys, successes, frustrations and worries. And weather reports :smile:

Speaking of which, hope you are doing okay, Lana. My NYC-area friends have been posting scary weather pictures...

Headed to bed now. Sweet dreams all.

Tess
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Happy International Woman’s Day! Celebrate yourself, celebrate the women in your life.

Best,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Two links -
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-and-asparagus-teriyaki-stir-fry/ saw asparagus in store and this is awesome.
    FB -https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=the atlas of beauty. I liked her work so much I bought her book and I read sections of it - perfect for International Women's Day.

Ash - I knit and crochet - coworker is creating 50 chemotherapy "kits" using lunch bags from Thirtynine - and I knitted 30 hats last year, do not have time/yarn for 50 but I am crocheting 50 hearts - I posted the link from Ravelry on the board a couple weeks ago??

Lana and Tess stay warm and safe - rain came in quietly last night - no crazy storm like last week, but still wet road and stupid drivers - people are so possessive about "their time" that they become road hazards - that was an opinion.

Tomorrow cafe is having spinach ravioli and less salt than the Korean dish they are having today. Have to chose in my long term health.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Someone in the highway department was asleep on the job or something. Roads not treated overnight and everything black ice this morning. 14 car pileup on one side of town and tons of other accidents. No one seems to slow down, even with ice!

Welcome Ash! I have looked at Noom but not tried it. (too cheap to pay for anything! LOL) there seem to be a lot of people adopting guinea pigs lately. at least 6 of my friends have in the past 2 months.

Sara - that stir fry sounds like it would be delicious! Now if i can find some good asparagus around here. and spinach ravioli sounds soooooo good right now. i am starving for some reason. i ate breakfast and everything same as every other day. maybe because its cold and i want to hibernate! LOL

Dawn - weather crazy here too. running around in short sleeves over the weekend. then rain/flooding. now bundled up like an Eskimo. this trying to cram all 4 seasons into one week is wreaking havoc on my sinuses!

Lana - take pics if you decide to go out and make snow angels! ;)

Was able to pull some pants out of storage to wear. So I guess I have gone down in size. I have been really trying to stay within my parameters with calories/protein/carbs and the past few days I have stayed in the green. Now if I can just keep that up.....

*snapping fingers for Cboys to bring a nice venti skinny chai latte*

Will lurk from work....

160 - current
    216 - highest
    145 - goal
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies ~

Just dashing through to say hi. Need to keep moving.

The Cabana Boys are having a small scale Happy Hour at 5PM because it seems most of us need for it to be the weekend even though there's another day tomorrow. Foot massages by the pool~~ Frosty no-calorie drinks too.....

BBL

Lana
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So, no walk up Gym Hill today. There is a wildfire somewhere close enough that the smoke is making me cough. I’m staying inside. I have exceeded my step goal for the day, so there’s that.

Hickchic, I started the 2 week trial on Noom, and it helped me figure some stuff out. Finding a group (eg this one) to talk through this stuff with is part of what helps me. Also, I learned to see where I’m spending my emotional energy. Saying yes to one thing may be saying no to my ability to make healthy life choices. I’m realizing that and making use of my “no” more confidently.

*takes long, refreshing sip of no calorie, full flavor piña colada*

Ah, the power of No.

-Ash
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Sara - Any news or word on the Patrol finding out who the offending pooch's poo was left out there on the lawn?

Ash, there's been a thing going on in Sara's neighborhood about people not cleaning up after their dogs, and everyone who lives there had to bring their dogs in for DNA sampling! Oy!
    Your guinea pigs are very very cute!

Kathryn - glad you are safe from the black ice et al.
    Here in the Big Apple, the snow/storm for me was a non-event. Very little accumulation, and this morning sidewalks were mostly dry and clean--a good thing.

Tess - How is it down in DC? I'm sure there were some scary places here in the city, but I'm thankful I don't have to drive anywhere.

Waving to Dawn and Saltine and Missy and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Frozen lasagna for dinner - having ravioli for lunch tomorrow so two pastas in one day - probably not a good thing....

33 hearts - lady at work asked if I had a green one - St Patricks Day - she brought by some green hats - figure its a trade.

Lana - poop analysis takes 6 weeks!! We get to wait and see.

Guinea pigs also do not require walks (pros and cons). Ash - what is in the "towers" of food - lettuce?

Time to cuddle up with little one - she hit her head on the leg of a table too close to the door - so I moved the table a couple inches away from the front door. I sat there and wondered if she is losing her sight or if it is just too tight of an area.

Wishing all a good night - Friday will be here soon.
  • Ashrenalls
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yeah...something went wrong...
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    Poop DNA analysis? Ha!! That’s something. I hope the culprit is brought to justice!

The towers in the guinea pig cage are full of hate. Did you know that guinea pigs have to have a constant supply of hay? Their teeth never stop growing, and the hay helps them keep their teeth file down. I also have other two toys for them. I bought a small shop vac to help clean up the poop in their cage. They go in the box for the most part, but I still have to clean up the rest of the cage a little bit too.

For dinner I had burgers with stir fried onions and Anaheim peppers, and a big portobello mushroom cut in strips and fried in butter. Yum! I chose to have an ice cream cone instead of bread with my burgers. I weighed the cost and chose only one so I would stay under on my carbs. Go me!

If the smoke has cleared by tomorrow, I will walk Gym Hill. Kellie (best friend) said she would think about walking with me some time. That would be really awesome. (She had surged on her knee just before Christmas.)

I started a Pinterest board of pictures of Zion national Park and other places in Utah to keep me motivated. Ha ha.

#ZionNationalParkOrBust

OK, I have laundry to fold and possibly a book to read, but more likely I will watch Netflix. Lol.

Have a good evening!
    -Ash
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is NSV... but, I'm excited! I have been trying and trying to find ways to get more Scentsy orders...I decided to make Easter baskets and posted about it...I got my first order! Woo hoo! I know it's only 1... but, it's a start... hopefully, this will bring more orders!
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is NSV... but, I'm excited! I have been trying and trying to find ways to get more Scentsy orders...I decided to make Easter baskets and posted about it...I got my first order! Woo hoo! I know it's only 1... but, it's a start... hopefully, this will bring more orders!

That’s great news, Dawn! What a clever idea - good for you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning - Tess is awake!! She is also 3 hours ahead of me.....

Dog up and fed. Looking for a little more zz before dog walk.

New lady at work has to be trained by the woman I used to sit next to - I really wish the training lady would shut up about the soap opera of her life. Imagine first day at work and you get to hear about how this woman had to give her ex husband half her pension because he never put any in his. Might be a good headphone day.......

New lady I also heard likes to cook/bake so potlucks will get better ( I usually do not participate) .

Ash - hope you get to walk the hill soon. Better not to with smoke like that - it can take a long time for it to clear out of your lungs.

Dawn - go to the dollar store or walmart and get inexpensive items to put in the easter baskets.....sounds like a good plan -keeping good thoughts. Like those plastic eggs in many colors.... they come in bags of what 10?

Lunch room and I am choking on something and two ladies were watching me. Luckily it all took care of itself, but I went to the 2 ladies and thanked them - you never know when you may need some help.

TGIF and word is this has been a really long week for many people. So we need to enjoy our Friday!!

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Dawn - Smart idea about promoting your stuff!

Tess - Today should be a decent day for the east coast, right? I've got to get out there and walk some. More rain is coming.

Ash - Gym Hill, huh? I am cheering you on~~
    Let's see if both of us can get some walking in today, with or without Gym Hill. :smiley:

Sara - Good grief! Your workplace in itself is a lot of work, before you even consider the actual work of the job at hand. Hang in there - 5PM will come soon enough.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Yesterday just happened to go a certain way, and I was in the Green for the day, so I printed the page up! Except for a generous 5 tsp of butter with my lunch/brunch it was a healthy day! Also, with appointments and all, I inadvertently clocked 1.8 miles. Leg didn't mind at all! Whew~~

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

See you all back here at 5PM~~

Lana

244.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2018
    Options
    1qcx2e4yh2a6.jpeg

Sara - I am trying out using a smaller daily journal, and the "calm, quiet, peace" seems perfect on the cover!

;)

Lana
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Ash - bummer on not getting to do Gym Hill. better to not do it than try and make yourself sick with coughing fits or worse. if you run out of laundry to fold, i have plenty here i am willing to share! LOL

Sara - glad your choking resolved itself. that can be very scary. sorry to hear about Ms Tillie bonking her head. am afraid Callahan may be having some vision problems as well. he is barking at people he knows until they get close to him. he also has been losing track of his ball when we play fetch unless it hits ground near him and he hears it. kept thinking it was my imagination because he is so young but others have noticed too. will be asking vet what we can do when we go for annual visit soon. do they make doggie glasses??

Dawn - whoo hoo! hope those baskets sell like hotcakes! also, i hope to place an order before long!

Lana - hope you are able to get your walk in today. way to go on staying in the green!!

Tess - weather improving? did you get a lot of flooding there?

saltine - hope you are feeling better!

Weekend will be busy. Going to Flower & Patio show at state fairgrounds, birthday party for a nibling, and lots of stuff to do for IFWDA convention including shopping for the Jeep toys for the children who attend and the hospitality suite refreshments. Not sure i can stay in the green with all the running planned, but will at least try to make healthier choices. (and crossing fingers all the walking/activity works off any extra calories!)

NSV: Am officially down a size! (not really a change in the scale however) am wearing pants i could not fit into a couple of months ago. Trying to talk the co-workers into setting time for a daily walk/work out.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

**waves to all who drop in**
    *having Cboys start happy hour early!*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathyrn there are eye drops for dogs. By moving the table she gets rambunctious after walks or when I leave and that may be the problem when she is in "puppy" mode. I will ultimately have to ask.
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    I have already walked 3000 steps just teaching and wandering around class. I didn’t wear walking shoes though!

I had zucchini boats for lunch again. So yummy.

Back to work I go. My kiddies call....

It’s it 3:05 yet???
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Ash - what kind of recipe do you have for the zucchini boats? i love zucchini recipes!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn go to Skinnytaste.com for some fabulous zucchini recipes!