Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,871 Member
    Options

The weekend is almost here!!!

I'm heading out for another short walk....getting in more steps.

Lana
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I made up the zucchini boats recipe.

Chicken, cooked and shredded in the food processor, mixed with cheddar and the flesh is the zucchini. Load up the zucchini and top it/wrap it with bacon. Back for 40 ish minutes.

I made it through the week. Still haven’t gotten to the Hill yet. After I’ve had dinner and charged my headphones. I decided to bathe the pigs when I got home instead.

Why is my drink empty? *snaps for a refil*

-Ash
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! :)

Welcome Ash...Good luck on getting to climb Gym Hill...sounds like it would be fun!

Sara~holly crapperjacks you have to wait 6 weeks for analysis to come back...wow that is some extensive testing...lol

Lana~awesome job staying in the green & walking...way to go!!

Great idea with the baskets Dawn...between Easter and Mother's day coming up hopefully sales will start to pick up for you :)

Well so much for me starting my strength training...no reason why I couldn't I would think about it while I ran on the treadmill looking at it as my weight machine is right across from my treadmill...lol So hard to break routine!!
    Next week is a short work week for me as March Madness (College Basketball play offs) start so BF & I took Thurs & Friday...can't wait...good times ahead!! :p
    I bought new boots on Wed, wore them all day on Thurs even while doing my 6.5 km walk at lunch...then noticed my feet started to hurt...by the time I got home I had 3...yes 3 blisters on my feet (2 on the left & one on the right :s ) so needless to say no 5k run for me this morning :( back at it on Monday. I guess today would have been a great day to use the weight machine but I decided (once I realized I couldn't run) to straighten my hair...good old priorities...haha
    Plans this weekend consist of watching as much college basketball as I can & setting up a room for my nephews bday party on Saturday (Harry Potter again...just like his sister's party back in Nov)...should call on the cabana boys to help...hahaha

Have a wonderful weekend!

***waves to all who stop by***

~Saltine~ >:)
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    I came, I saw, I conquered the Hill!

9,000 steps for the day. Guess I’ll raise my step goal again. (I started low and am adding 250 steps every day that I meet my goal.)

#ZionNationalParkOrBust

Saltine, you walked 6.5 km on your lunch break? Dang. That’s commitment. I hope the blisters heal soon!

Burgers for dinner, with the sourdough bread, avocado, cheese, and tomato. Totes worth it.

I’m gonna go rest. I have a full day of work tomorrow. No kids, so I’ll probably be productive. Ah, the teacher life is the life for me.

*eyes flutter shut as a cabana boy rubs suncreen on my shoulders then brings me another frosty sweet treat*

Later!
    -Ash
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

38 hearts made (18 needs the ends sewn in) I can make 12 before now and end of month- I will make a couple extra so the lady who is making the bags can have one for herself and he daughter or mother if they like them.

Fried rice for dinner. Cookies with hot chocolate while I was making hearts. Nice long hot shower and cuddle up with dog.

Miss T will be flirting with the cboys - I will probably be snoring - what a week!!

Wishing all a good night.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Happy Friday! I thought I had been keeping up with the messages then realized I was confused about why folks were referring to Ash’s lungs/breathing! Back up to speed now..Yikes! Wildfires....Congrats on conquering the Gym Hill, Ash! And thanks for the zucchini boat recipe; that will come in handy soon.

Lana, it was indeed a lovely day in DC. Still cold but such lovely sunshine. We’re supposed to get snow on Monday - not a lot but we shall see what it does to the morning commute. May this be the last blast of winter as we are headed on vacation at week’s end, to the Delaware Seashore.

Sara, I keep trying to picture your office. I can’t figure out it is like a barnyard with a bunch of chickens squawking, or more akin to a soap opera. Either way, I can see how it must be annoying. Your knitting output continues to impress and inspire me! And hope Miss Tillie is okay.

Kathryn, no flooding, fortunately. But we had 2+ days of high winds that brought down trees and power lines. We personally were very lucky - no damage and the power stayed on.

Saltine! Good to hear from you. DH and I also are big March Madness fans. Do you follow/root for certain teams?

It’s been a long week...horribly busy at work, cold virus is hanging on and a flare-up of a pinched nerve in my neck. Feeling rather cranky....Cboys, please bring me a margarita, and which one of you can give massages?

Until tomorrow,

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is NSV... but, I'm excited! I have been trying and trying to find ways to get more Scentsy orders...I decided to make Easter baskets and posted about it...I got my first order! Woo hoo! I know it's only 1... but, it's a start... hopefully, this will bring more orders!

That’s great news, Dawn! What a clever idea - good for you.

Thanks so much Tess!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning - Tess is awake!! She is also 3 hours ahead of me.....

Dog up and fed. Looking for a little more zz before dog walk.

New lady at work has to be trained by the woman I used to sit next to - I really wish the training lady would shut up about the soap opera of her life. Imagine first day at work and you get to hear about how this woman had to give her ex husband half her pension because he never put any in his. Might be a good headphone day.......

New lady I also heard likes to cook/bake so potlucks will get better ( I usually do not participate) .

Ash - hope you get to walk the hill soon. Better not to with smoke like that - it can take a long time for it to clear out of your lungs.

Dawn - go to the dollar store or walmart and get inexpensive items to put in the easter baskets.....sounds like a good plan -keeping good thoughts. Like those plastic eggs in many colors.... they come in bags of what 10?

Lunch room and I am choking on something and two ladies were watching me. Luckily it all took care of itself, but I went to the 2 ladies and thanked them - you never know when you may need some help.

TGIF and word is this has been a really long week for many people. So we need to enjoy our Friday!!

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.

Oh my gosh! So glad you are ok! That would have been so scary!

Thanks! That's exactly what I did... went to Dollar Tree and found some great stuff! Just gotta get Scentsy stuff now and, he will have a fun Easter!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Dawn - Smart idea about promoting your stuff!

Tess - Today should be a decent day for the east coast, right? I've got to get out there and walk some. More rain is coming.

Ash - Gym Hill, huh? I am cheering you on~~
    Let's see if both of us can get some walking in today, with or without Gym Hill. :smiley:

Sara - Good grief! Your workplace in itself is a lot of work, before you even consider the actual work of the job at hand. Hang in there - 5PM will come soon enough.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Yesterday just happened to go a certain way, and I was in the Green for the day, so I printed the page up! Except for a generous 5 tsp of butter with my lunch/brunch it was a healthy day! Also, with appointments and all, I inadvertently clocked 1.8 miles. Leg didn't mind at all! Whew~~

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

See you all back here at 5PM~~

Lana

244.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Thank you! Great WI!
  • arniedog74
    edited March 2018
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Ash - bummer on not getting to do Gym Hill. better to not do it than try and make yourself sick with coughing fits or worse. if you run out of laundry to fold, i have plenty here i am willing to share! LOL

Sara - glad your choking resolved itself. that can be very scary. sorry to hear about Ms Tillie bonking her head. am afraid Callahan may be having some vision problems as well. he is barking at people he knows until they get close to him. he also has been losing track of his ball when we play fetch unless it hits ground near him and he hears it. kept thinking it was my imagination because he is so young but others have noticed too. will be asking vet what we can do when we go for annual visit soon. do they make doggie glasses??

Dawn - whoo hoo! hope those baskets sell like hotcakes! also, i hope to place an order before long!

Lana - hope you are able to get your walk in today. way to go on staying in the green!!

Tess - weather improving? did you get a lot of flooding there?

saltine - hope you are feeling better!

Weekend will be busy. Going to Flower & Patio show at state fairgrounds, birthday party for a nibling, and lots of stuff to do for IFWDA convention including shopping for the Jeep toys for the children who attend and the hospitality suite refreshments. Not sure i can stay in the green with all the running planned, but will at least try to make healthier choices. (and crossing fingers all the walking/activity works off any extra calories!)

NSV: Am officially down a size! (not really a change in the scale however) am wearing pants i could not fit into a couple of months ago. Trying to talk the co-workers into setting time for a daily walk/work out.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

**waves to all who drop in**
    *having Cboys start happy hour early!*

Woo hoo! It can be so discouraging, when you try so hard and, no change... but, going down a size is so rewarding!

Yer party is still open... whenever you or anyone wants to order... hoping, by the end of the month, it'll get to qualifying and, then, you'll earn free and half off items...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/8876894
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Saltine24 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone! :)

Welcome Ash...Good luck on getting to climb Gym Hill...sounds like it would be fun!

Sara~holly crapperjacks you have to wait 6 weeks for analysis to come back...wow that is some extensive testing...lol

Lana~awesome job staying in the green & walking...way to go!!

Great idea with the baskets Dawn...between Easter and Mother's day coming up hopefully sales will start to pick up for you :)

Well so much for me starting my strength training...no reason why I couldn't I would think about it while I ran on the treadmill looking at it as my weight machine is right across from my treadmill...lol So hard to break routine!!
    Next week is a short work week for me as March Madness (College Basketball play offs) start so BF & I took Thurs & Friday...can't wait...good times ahead!! :p
    I bought new boots on Wed, wore them all day on Thurs even while doing my 6.5 km walk at lunch...then noticed my feet started to hurt...by the time I got home I had 3...yes 3 blisters on my feet (2 on the left & one on the right :s ) so needless to say no 5k run for me this morning :( back at it on Monday. I guess today would have been a great day to use the weight machine but I decided (once I realized I couldn't run) to straighten my hair...good old priorities...haha
    Plans this weekend consist of watching as much college basketball as I can & setting up a room for my nephews bday party on Saturday (Harry Potter again...just like his sister's party back in Nov)...should call on the cabana boys to help...hahaha

Have a wonderful weekend!

***waves to all who stop by***

~Saltine~ >:)

Thanks so much! I'm sure hoping for that! Fingers crossed
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Ashrenalls wrote: »
    I came, I saw, I conquered the Hill!

9,000 steps for the day. Guess I’ll raise my step goal again. (I started low and am adding 250 steps every day that I meet my goal.)

#ZionNationalParkOrBust

Saltine, you walked 6.5 km on your lunch break? Dang. That’s commitment. I hope the blisters heal soon!

Burgers for dinner, with the sourdough bread, avocado, cheese, and tomato. Totes worth it.

I’m gonna go rest. I have a full day of work tomorrow. No kids, so I’ll probably be productive. Ah, the teacher life is the life for me.

*eyes flutter shut as a cabana boy rubs suncreen on my shoulders then brings me another frosty sweet treat*

Later!
    -Ash

Congrats!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, Dog up and fed - normal errands today.

Ash - pigs names - male / female - Bonnie and Clyde or male/ male - Starsky and Hutch. My ballot is cast.

Hopefully back for more sleep.

BBL
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    Good morning all.

I usually sleep in on Saturdays, but my classroom calls today.

My nominations for the pigs’ names are Bellatrix and Narcissa. The are not the friendliest of pigs, so the names are pretty accurate. Haha. I doubt many of the little kids will understand the reference.

I’m going to look into the Scentsy party. I’m not sure my budget allows for it this month, but I’d like to buy something at one point. I have a warmer in my classroom. I’ve been using the Walmart wax cubes, but if I forget to turn the warmer off, they run out of smell in like a day and a half. I’d rather have the real thing!

I’m off to get ready for the day. I’ll check in later.

-Ash

Current: 262.8
    Highest: 268.4
    Goal: 225
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    Well, I made it to the school. I decided to walk...I used the back hill. It make Gym Hill look like a gentle slope! I had no idea! So steep! Haha.
  • Ashrenalls
    Options
    I’m pretty excited about this. I showed the kids how to break down their goals into smaller steps. ♥️

9bz2gmm2sw9k.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~

Sara - I hope you have an easy enough day without too many errands to run.

Ash - Congrats on doing both Gym Hill and Steep Back Hill! Good for you~~

I made an ambitious Do List for today, but I am weary from not enough sleep. A few important things have gotten done so far, but I am now in bed reading to get off of that annoying leg, which seems cranky today. I think I'm at roughly a mile for walking so far; will go for another walk later.

Food has been good, and I am tracking on MFP. I am going very lightly on the breads and starches. Just water, milk, or coffee (mostly) decaf to drink. Veggies and lean protein.

Waving over at Dawn and Kathryn and Saltine and Tess and Missy~~

BBL

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Ashrenalls wrote: »
    I’m pretty excited about this. I showed the kids how to break down their goals into smaller steps. ♥️

9bz2gmm2sw9k.jpeg

This is so cool, Ash! What a great life skill for your students to learn now - it will serve them well for years to come.

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Ash - we were posting at the same time earlier, so I did not see your photo until now. Very cool!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ash - what grade do you teach?

Dog wanted walk so out we went. 20 minutes later - good walk. Gives me time to think - I never had anyone in any of my classes talk about goal setting - especially when it came to $$$$. I was supposed to marry someone rich (think "prince charming" happily ever after thinking). Good for you and your kids are lucky.

Had my Saturday phone call with my father - today is my sister's birthday (FB failed me this morning...) so he is emailing her and I now know how many stamps to put on her birthday card. Blood Pressure medicine - side effects thereof was part of the conversation and my father has a new BP medicine and he doesnt like that medication has side effects - I am beginning to wonder if it effects his marital life..... Dr said to him that every medicine has a side effect. Having been off meds for a couple years this is not encouraging - but I was taking 2 blood pressure medications at one point. Time to get on the horse and just ride it and see what happens.

Dinner tonight - oops that one caught me off guard - pita bread pizza with broccoli on top. Phew got worried there for a minute.

Lana did you walk a mile today or are you adding up your walking mileage like Saltine?

Didnt mean to write an essay - dvd time with dog - which may mean ZZZ but some knitting to start.

BBL.