Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

December!! Our weather has been so bizarre (CA) that Christmas is sneaking up on a lot of people.

Notice for Secret Santa at work, too little too late for me- usually we select before Black Friday.....

So here is my question-Bored with what I usually make and trying to think of meals....

QOTD: Do you know of a good vegetarian recipe?

Back to sleep with dog. Woke up too hot middle of the night. Wish I could keep window open but not living on ground floor but I can open while I eat etc. Rain forecast until 7 so dog walk may be effected.

Wave to all who follow. Go out and enjoy the first day of December. bbl
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Been awhile! Had to avoid the Tday traffic and barrage of happiness as I sat here sorry for myself and my circumstances as I was trying to be happy for others. My back went out Tuesday last week. Woke up at 3AM in exquisite pain. My pain level has stayed at 6 out of 10 or higher since then... so a week and a half now. My range of motion gets better when not in spasm, but I just have to do it in pain. My Tday was uneventful. I had a nice block of chicken flavored ramen noodles and watched CSI reruns.

I pushed through my Turkey Trot virtual race. Last Saturday was 70 degrees F and I pushed to log just over 10,000 steps for the first time in many many years!! Have some bruised toenails still. On Sunday the temp was 19 degrees F and the wind cut through me along the riverside path. Our new park the Gathering Place was pretty deserted in contrast to Saturday.

Started a dance workout on Monday as well as daily walking to work on my next virtual race. I hate the app, but had promised a dear soul I would continue. I was eating around 1,500 calories a day, walking 30-45 minutes, and dancing 15-18 minutes. I gained weight. I was sleeping almost 10 hours a day out of exhaustion and had a “kitten” moment. Ate out for the rest of the week. Took a rest from the crazy exercise. Can only go from 0 to 60 in a few moments in a car - not an abused and abandoned body!!

I’ll be back regularly for awhile, but will disappear towards the holidays again. Way too painful. I worked so hard to better myself and each time, I lost more and more people that mean so much to me. I can’t handle it anymore and after a couple decades of it, meeting new people just doesn’t have an appeal... because they’re all gone, too. Every new person I have tried to meet since I moved here is no longer part of my life. Can’t get a call, text, or message returned to save my life. It doesn’t make sense. So cyber community it is. Anyway... until word gets out that I am not worth the time.

Goal this month is no eating out at all. Increase water. Figure out exercise balance. Have less than 10 days over calories. I used to eat over calories 5 days a week minimum (at least 1,000-3,000 calories over). In September and October, I cut it to 10 days over by 10-1,000 calories. And November was 13 days by much more. Trying to really reign it in for December. So, we’ll see.

Have a great weekend!! So sorry so long. I’ll work on that for sure.

Runa

🤓 A Minnesotan living in Oklahoma and missing Russia & Latvia every day!!
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Hungry4Hawaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else struggle on weekends? I need that good structure of work 🙈

AOTD: My favorite vegetarian recipe is masala lentils over jasmine rice 😍

Anything Thai or Indian I could eat and never have another piece of meat again in my life!!!! So yummy!

@RunaMarti - big hugs about the holidays. I personally love them, but my dad had a lot of trauma related to the season he was never able to shake. I saw how much it tormented him that he was so unhappy when it seems almost REQUIRED to be happy by society. Do what’s best for you always. It’s better to be blissfully deranged from holidays and content rather than miserable for other people’s benefit 💃
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hungry - weekends is where my daily routine goes out the door - I am trying to walk my dog more to increase my exercise and drink more water. I will look into what masala is - I have a great International Store and see that word a lot. Nice advice for Runa - Runa I am looking for a Chinese restaurant to go to Christmas day, many Chinese people do not celebrate the holiday........

Trip to pharmacy was a disaster - other products I could buy but until my pcp gives me a 90 day prescription for what the medical insurance sees as a "maintenance" drug I am not getting any more. This med is not one to go cold turkey on, so I wrote down the specifics and will call Monday as they are not answering there phone and their answering service is also not working. My company's motto is "hello humankindness" and I hope to get some of that on Monday, as it is not a "warm fuzzy" at the moment.

Just looked up Masala - allergic to Coriander so I will have to make my own?? Like I was thinking with the Chai tea.

Hoping for a nap.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps 9336 ran into neighbor who has a work health program so that if he gets 10000 steps on his fitbit he gets points that becomes amazon gift cards - so he walked a little of the way with me.

One more dog outing and then in for night.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Groceries and then home for some housework and cooking. Microwave meals are fine, but expensive so time to make again. Like putting the best gasoline in your car.....

Lana glad you had the humidifier while you were in CA, I found it very helpful and kept mine on at work as well.

QOTW: what are your goals this week?

AOTW: Keep walking up, drink water and stop munching after dinner. Herb tea is allowed after dinner.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is my Monday 😴 I’ve found freezer meals to be cheaper where I shop rather than home cooking which is bananas! I love to cook, but the ease of microwave meals is such a draw. It’s not exactly “clean” eating though. My sodium levels have been at or over daily goals regularly enough 😅 if the scale doesn’t move regardless of calorie restriction I may switch back to home cooking anyways as well.

AOTD: my goal is to get some walking in this week!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options

Good morning all~~

I'm up in NYC at the shoebox/crap apartment for a few days, then back down to NC on Thursday.

The apartment here was flooded by some nitwit two floors up who drew a bath and then fell back asleep! Gah!
    My neighbor cleaned up most of the mess in my kitchen, but I keep a LOT of boxes of paper files there, and now I have to go through all of it and toss or shred most of it. In a way, it's good the flood happened.

The Indian food vegetarian recipes sound good.
    y9snzcw57m94.jpg

Sara - there is a brand of packets of Indian food called Tasty-Bites. They are becoming more mainstream (Target? Walmart?), originally found only in health food stores and Whole Paycheck. You might want to either buy some, or at the very least, look at them in the store, look at their ingredients, and then steal the ideas for things to make at home for yourself. If you buy, use wisely; I think that they are high-ish salt.

Runa - sending you big hugs. Remember that just because some things and behaviors happened in the past does not mean that they will happen in the future.
    I strongly urge you to get into volunteering. Giving is the best way to bring feelings of happiness. Do not expect to make friends; just do some group volunteering, and enjoy the socializing and the generosity benefits, and maybe a friendship or two might sprout from it. Regardless, you will reap benefits of Giving. It need be only once in a while, once or twice a month if your schedule is crammed. As with anything, keep trying until you find a good charity or group, for a good fit for yourself. Food banks, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
    Sending you more big hugs and shoulder rubs of encouragement.

I must get in the shower and get to cleaning and running errands.

Lana

247.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - what a nightmare, but maybe a blessing to get rid of things. Make sure you have your flat Christmas tree with you.

Off to take a walk, I need more steps and the sun is out. Maybe its a good time to walk Miss T.

Checked out TastyBites- I have allergies to a common spice but as you said, find the recipe and make it myself.

For those living in regrets of what you did/didnt do last week, start new this week.

That said time to walk.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6671 total steps

Wishing all a good night
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - The tree is hanging in its usual spot. I pulled it out around Halloween I think, and I hung it up!!!

Have good walks with Miss T!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale down 0.4 will take it and run. Watched a documentary on the history of tea drinking a large cup of herbal tea. So I got my extra water in this weekend and it showed.

22 days left until Christmas - the frenzy it causes. Make sure to stop each day and breathe.

Rain possible tomorrow but otherwise good walking weather - so I will make sure to get out there.

Lana - your tree was one of my smarter ideas. I currently have a yellow/black striped scarf for chemotherapy and my blanket on needles - but I may have to start another NICU hat for variety.

I knit and also crochet - when I get down to little remnants I crochet hearts for the chemotherapy dept.

Wave to all who follow. Will be at work lurking.
  • Hungry4Hawaii
    Options
    Good morning all!

It’s super chilly where I am atm. Mid 30s right now! I’m inspired by how much everyone gets out and walks! My goal is to be 205 by the seventh, I was 206 yesterday so I might walk around a bit to try and get the ol metabolism fired up. I enjoy walking with a girlfriend of mine just up the street so I should see if she’s free!

Tillie - I didn’t realize until yesterday you created this thread! That’s incredible! Two years you’ve been running this. Has it been an interesting journey?
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Is this a private group? It feels like you all know each other pretty well and I don’t want to intrude.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Is this a private group? It feels like you all know each other pretty well and I don’t want to intrude. [/quote]

Welcome, mgobluetx! We are not a private group and welcome anyone. I'm relatively new here, but everyone is very open and accepting. We support each other in this journey and keep the negativity to a minimum.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Have maintained my diet very strictly for 61 days. Lost 34 lbs in two months.

I could have made better choices this morning. Lunch is already set.

Tonight, I guarantee I will eat things not on my plan. Some of it will even be on my allergy (not life-threatening) list and against my autoimmune disorders. However, I will be with friends and we will laugh and play and have a wonderful time, so I will not feel guilty for eating the food my friend is providing for us. After all, tomorrow is another day!

CW 190.4
    SW 222
    GW 180 by Christmas
    Ultimate GW 105

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Welcome mgobluetx - who is your fur friend?

Great Job Tracy/Twiley - 34 pounds is 136 pounds of pressure off your knees!

At work, bbl.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Good morning, all!

Have maintained my diet very strictly for 61 days. Lost 34 lbs in two months.

I could have made better choices this morning. Lunch is already set.

Tonight, I guarantee I will eat things not on my plan. Some of it will even be on my allergy (not life-threatening) list and against my autoimmune disorders. However, I will be with friends and we will laugh and play and have a wonderful time, so I will not feel guilty for eating the food my friend is providing for us. After all, tomorrow is another day!

CW 190.4
    SW 222
    GW 180 by Christmas
    Ultimate GW 105

Tracy - Congratulations on your hard work and fabulous progress!!!!!

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    mgobluetx wrote: »
    Is this a private group? It feels like you all know each other pretty well and I don’t want to intrude.

MGOBlue~~

You are welcome to join us! Everyone is welcome here.

We are on all different sorts of weight loss plans - we just come here to support each other. Are you from Texas?

Lana

247.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal