Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    sdmlr wrote: »
    Please help, I have been a lifetime member WW only to gain all of it and some more back. I got on the scale this morning and weighed 195. I don't want to keep doing this. I had gotten down to 154 a 1 1/2 ago and now back to this. I use food as a reward, medicine and everything else.

I'm in the same boat. I'll send a FR
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    First time serial starter here! I got overconfident when I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago and thought I could handle it on my own away from MFP and i got lax and put it all back on and then some more!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Hey Lynn~~

Wisconsin is ahead of North Carolina with the vaccines. I am waiting for "my group to be called". Right now my county is doing group 1--healthcare workers, front line, and people over 75. My group will be next, but no idea whether that means days, weeks, or months. I keep my ears perked up.

Waving to SunnyBunBun 👋🏻

Lana
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    First time serial starter here! I got overconfident when I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago and thought I could handle it on my own away from MFP and i got lax and put it all back on and then some more!

I'm a serial starter too and covid hasn't helped. My moment was monday when I ripped my winter jacket twice in 24hours.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Got 6500 steps today - new rule in my house - if the microwave is on I am walking around getting steps in.

Playing phone tag with dept doing the apt for vaccines but I imagine they are overwhelmed we have over 3k employees in the area.

Wave to all who follow. Stay warm/safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sara, great idea. I do my cleaning while waiting for the microwave. I have a cleaning lady 2x/month, so my work is pretty easy. But those dishes don't get done by themselves. I'd rather walk, though :)

I'm in a 2nd tier group for the vaccine--Lynn, did you get one? I can't remember. I have 2 sisters and a mom who have been vaccinated--mom and my nurse practitioner sis who live in FL (she works at a walk in clinic and has sent a lot of people to the hospital lately), and my sis in AZ who is a speech pathologist but is seconded to the labor pool for her clinic on the Navajo Reservation--worst hit spot in the country. I will start seeing students again on Monday-just 1 for now; the rest of my teaching is virtual. We will meet for 1 hour 2x/week for 1:1. I am a special ed teacher and SPED has the go-ahead in a few very special circumstances, while everyone else in our district is all virtual.

Another gray day. So tired of it already and it's only Jan 7.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    4ue3nqzg67g0.jpeg
    *** January 8th ***

Good morning all~~

Kar2083 - sorry about your winter jacket - but glad to see you!

Just getting us started - gotta run - be back later

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Welcome to all of the newbies!
    Maureen - I have not done the shot. I am in administration - budget, etc. So I will be one of the last. which is ok. I do not have risk factors.
    Sara - I walk around our break room at work as well when warming up my lunches.
    Lana - Good morning!
    I will pop in later as well. Gotta get on a phone call - Have a great day!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have to stop back in to just share a revelation.
    I actually purchased the book and workbook for the Beck Solution for weight loss. I have cheated before and downloaded snipits from the internet, but that was not working. The biggest change for me is eating sitting down. Now...I always eat my meals sitting down. BUT the rule for this method is to NEVER eat standing up. No quick tastes, chips, chocolate, nothing. I have figured out I popped alot of things in my mouth. So for a couple days now I have been very conscious of this and honestly it is a big behavior change :smile:

TW 198.8
    HW 207
    GW 170

Happy weekend everyone! ~Lynn
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey, all. Another quiet, dreary, cold day here. My two-week "vacation" from jogging (and almost any other exercise) ends Sunday. I'm trying to get myself psyched up for it. I find that even a few days off has an effect now that I'm older. But, I have had such a lazy year in general and don't particularly like how little I do. So many projects started now and I'm actually feeling rather excited, so I hope that carries over into working out again.

The good news is that I've been consistent about my eating and logging all week. I've gotten into a habit of starting work and then forgetting to eat until after about 2, but I'm not so hungry that I overeat. I truly think our stomachs shrink a bit when they don't have to expand very often, so small meals seem to work for me. I've definitely increased the variety over the months and still seem satiated. I tend to stick to the same things to make meal prep quick and easy, but that gets so boring. This time around, I've expanded the list of "go to" meals slowly so I can remember how many grams of x or y and don't have to keep looking up things. I really hate cooking and I don't actually cook much and I used to let it bother me that I wasn't eating as healthy as I could. Hey, I'm at a much healthier weight, I eat a lot of minimally processed foods, I never add salt, and my diet is mostly--although not rigorously--vegetarian. Good enough.

Now to get more active again.
  • strongernurse
    strongernurse Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I needed this thread. Thank you so much for the community. I am sick and tired of spending so much money on diets, trainers, coaches, certain foods- never to achieve lifetime fitness and weight maintenance. I am posting because I AM SO DONE. Once and for all. This is my start.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got 6k in every day at work. Taking car to get brakes fixed - good sidewalk to take a walk so knitting/reading and walking are my time busters.

No more weekly audits with Monster - what a great change! She has 3 new people just starting so she will be busy.

Very glad its Friday.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2021
    Options
    pc8z4xpunvxy.jpeg

*** January 9th ***

Boy am I foggy - couldn't sleep, so I got up instead of laying there and ruminating....

Lynn - Of all of the Beck-isms, one that has stuck with me is the eating sitting down. I don't taste things when I cook either. You've inspired me to clean off my big table and keep it set for a meal, as I used to... Thank you!

*waving to Antoine for more coffee*

Lana
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hi again! I meant to pop back in here sooner.

I’ve lost 10kg since I got my new FitBit last November and I feel like ‘this is it’, like I can get back to the weight I was before my youngest was born over 7 years ago.

But I also feel like my determination right now risks slipping into obsession. It’s going so well that I’m scared of taking the pressure off and no longer losing weight, or worse, keeping the pressure on but it suddenly not working.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, glad you could make good use of your time *and* get brakes repaired.

Lana, I stayed up too late last night, then had a terrible dream. Woke up having a panic attack, which hasn't happened in years. Thankfully, I have years of experience talking myself down and fell back asleep pretty quickly. But crappy sleep makes everything harder, doesn't it?

Still, I got out to the dog park for 2.5 miles and the sun came out while I was there. It was clear and cold but not too cold (28F). Then obedience class--Skye was so distracted that it was a lot of work, but that's my fault b/c I forgot to do any training this week. Like, it totally skipped my mind. And she has been so isolated from other people that she was wild to meet everyone. She ignored even her favorite treats so I had to borrow some from the trainer. I discovered she likes the cat food kibble enough as a treat, too, once she's not quite so wild. That's one cheap, high value treat. But I couldn't believe she was turning up her nose at the bacon-scented treats she usually loves.

I bought a gas station pizza and realized it had fewer calories per slice than I thought, which means I'll have a bit more leeway for dinner tonight. 2 slices make me feel almost too full. Of course I was also guzzling water b/c all the fresh air and exercise between DP and dog class made me so thirsty.

Being out in the sun really helped me feel great, and the cold air just zaps away stress, I swear. I'm now sacked out watching Prime and feeling pretty relaxed, hoping to sleep well tonight.

Welcome to new and returning folks.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Oh, and I'm no longer obese--just dropped into the "overweight" category, using BMI calculator. Whoot, whoot.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @mkculs13 !
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Sorry to stop by so late, errands had me out until 2pm and then I slept.

Got 5k on a usually low steps day so that is good. I only needed 2 brake pads - so the $$ was less than I expected. My last car had brake pads on all 4 wheels.

Lynn/Lana - sitting down and eating at a dining table was also something I got out of the habit of doing.

Now to spend the next 2 hours drinking all the water I didnt drink today......

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    u8aay8s262dp.jpeg
    *** January 10th ***

Good morning everybody !

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.8 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Lana is your weight coming down? You did not post it for awhile... good for you!!!!

Got to sleep in my one day which was appreciated.

Today will be a quiet day at home, which is just fine. Kitchen cleaning /book reading /knitting and napping.

Oh will also try and get some steps in as well.