Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I was watching some cooking video on FB (I almost never do) and found myself thinking, "What? She didn't stuff the leftover pie crust in her mouth after she cut it away? Who doesn't do that?" Fortunately, I never cook anymore so I'm not so tempted.

Tracey, I loved all that color, too. When it's been gray for near 3 weeks, every splash counts. So nice.

My son came home for 2 nights and I went a little off program but didn't overeat. Just didn't leave much of a deficit, either. But I'm perfectly content to have those days.

Running the last 3 times has been good. Sore in between but feeling strong. Only at a couple of miles but I am being so careful this time after injuries that lasted too long b/c I kept increasing my run distances too quickly.

My house is junk--and mostly furniture--free. No living room set left. No armchair. No bookcases. Everything was cheap and/or old and broken. I was sick of it. I'd rather do without until I can afford to replace with what I really like. And I don't like a lot. I'm truly a minimalist unless you look at all the stuff I keep squirreled away. I've put all that stuff in boxes and bags and I'm promising myself to take each one outside by the garbage bin and toss anything I can. And if I go a year without opening them, they get tossed without being opened.

I get the vaccine tomorrow--b/c I meet in person with students, I was on some list and got a notice today to make my appt. Hoping it goes well and expecting it will.

Have a nice evening, all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

New job duties has my brain whirling after work. I get to sleep in as I have 2 eye apt (visual field exam) and eye dr tomorrow/Thurs.

Nosy Parker - boss is a fanatic about accounting for everyone's time. So I asked her yesterday what I needed to do today and she gave me 3 things and said " I am not telling you when to do them but that you must get them done in whatever manner tomorrow". okay I forgot verbatim but her boss wants the workers to be able to get things done in their own fashion (as opposed to 2 hours here and 3 hours there like boss likes). Less micromanaged which I know is driving Monster crazy.

Monster went around asking for us to take a personality test and according to Monster they all match her in the color one gets most points in - I do not (whohoo!!!) and found out one of the new ladies also does not and matches me.... I think its "they" are all people Monster likes!!! and knowing who those people are - I am just fine with my color.

Three fourth's of my work is now passed along to the new employees and what I do now is actually pretty okay, so I am fine with doing this for awhile.

Scale is better a little bit and have been keeping 6k a day.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,850 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    kuiq65bhsfde.jpeg
    *** January 20th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Monster and her "personality test" is crazy. I hope that the personality test was a bit of a laugh, as opposed to work-serious or, heaven forbid, anything online just scooping up more data for them to make money on....
    Oh - I hope that your visual field test goes well, as in not uncomfortable. I know they can be tiring and annoying.

Maureen - yes indeed take care of your body and don't over do it and risk injury. That is nice about getting the vaccine 👍🏻

Lynn - Hurray for the sun! Hopefully winter will loosen its grip and keep the clouds away a little more often now.

My human body is so strange: I did not eat especially well yesterday; I did not try to be within a calolie limit; I even had a can of ginger ale + some salty foods, but the scale showed the number it did. I will take it, even if fleeting.

BBL I hope. Lots to do today.

Lana

265.2 today
    269.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Sara - I literally laughed out loud. The goal of a personality profile when done with those you work with is to find everyone's strengths. You are different than me, so maybe you do X type of work better than me and I do X type of work better than you. Then build off of the differences. If she wants everyone to be just like her - then she needs to build robots. Crazy! Good luck on the test!
    Maureen - my house is also put together by finds at Thrifts or rummages. I am not into spending a lot of money on stuff :wink: except for maybe my dog....
    Lana - good morning! Good luck with all you have to do!
    Waves to all!
    ~Lynn
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I just wrote a whole post and lost it by pressing the wrong button. 🙈😂

Hope everyone’s doing well.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey, all. Got the vaccine about 3 hours ago and went jogging right after. I didn't even think. I am assuming that was ok--it's not like giving blood. Although I've gone running right after that, too. Except for the time I fainted when donating. Just a weird one-time thing. But yeah, didn't follow up that one with a jog.

Getting hungry now. I'm glad I have cauliflower in the freezer-I'm craving it. With some cheese and catalina dressing. Mmmmm.

We had sunshine today which is probably why I was so eager to be outside. Cold and windy but my sherpa-lined pajama pants make great winter-weather jogging gear. Absolutely no cold seeps in. Amazing. I had worn a short-sleeved Tshirt under my hoodie for the shot, to make it easier to get my sleeve out of the way. And despite the wind chill, 0 F, I didn't really feel cold. That was encouraging.

Sara, I'm impressed you are getting those steps in every day. I think about you when I think about skipping my run. And it's motivating.

Have a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got more steps in than I planned I walked to and from work when I got back from Dr. Also slipped doing a load of laundry in there.

Lana that ## of your is coming down! Keep up the good work.

Monster news - she wants us to wear the highest level mask possible (she bought us some) when she is is close area to us - and for some reason she is training me so she came over and I stopped her told her to back up while I got my extra mask on ( I put it on top of the one I wear all day). If she wants these rules she will have to abide by them as well. Seems she is so scared of getting it (like anyone isnt ???). So think of it as a double bra....

Keep walking it clears the mind and helps you sleep.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    k40hojuz836l.jpeg
    *** January 21 ***

I like today's date. It's not super-special, but I think that it is auspicious enough.... 12121

Gotta get going and shut this place down and get to the airport. See you on the flip side~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    hello!
    Sara - if they ever stop I will miss your Monster stories. LOVE how you dealt with the mask. So crazy.
    Good luck on your flight Lana.
    Not much new here. Day three of logging. Only one over my calorie goal due to a popcorn treat at night :)
    Committed to logging again. But this time I will make myself...
    Have a great one!
    ~Lynn

CW 198.8
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Europeans are a little nutty about numbers my eldest sister is German and when she sees the time or mileage etc that is like Lana's example its supposed to mean something - maybe good luck? They have a lot of good luck signs/symbols like if someone gives you change and a coin stays standing up on its edge you get to make a wish.

Lynn, you mean if they stop this feature on this website ?? Believe me that woman is so warped there is no end to the stories - one more today - more people are moving into the building from other places and it is increasing her paranoia that she will get COVID. That by itself is not unrealistic but wearing two masks and jumping away from people like they really stink is a real image. I still make her stand back while I put her 2nd mask on for her.

Got my 6k in steps, now if I could keep the sugar intake to a lower level. Lynn I am jealous that you are logging - good for you.

• mkculs13
    Options
    Hey, all. Long, slow day. Sunshine and warmish (35). We are heading into colder weather for a week or so and I'm not excited about that.

I have no junk food in the house and I'm going crazy for some. But I'm too lazy to go out. And knowing I'll be too lazy is the reason I don't buy it in the first place. Lazy wins over crazy almost every time.

Haven't logged yet today so I have a healthy snack in mind if I have any cals left; otherwise, I'll just suck it up. And I might be too lazy to make that snack anyway.

So what clever strategies do you use to avoid temptation?
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2021
    Options
    m499vzuebq40.jpeg
    *** January 22nd ***

Sara - Did I read that right? You have to put Monster's 2nd mask on for her? Or is it that she expects you to wear a double mask when she is near you?
    I get my number quirks from the theatre; theatre people are all kinds of superstitious and luck-focused. 😁

Lynn - I admire your counting and logging. So far, all I've been doing it journalling. You are providing me with some motivation - so thank you!

Maureen - I love your "Lazy wins over crazy". Kudos to you for having a healthy, junk-free house.

Waving to Oishii and Melissa and Runa and Missy and Kathryn and Tracy in Tennessee and Dawn and everyone who pops by ~~

The Cabana Boys are huddled, planning the Friday Happy Hour 🎉

Lana

266.2 today, down from 268 yesterday 😳
    269.6 highest
    214 end of summer goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey y'all~~ I just roughed in my food for the day, using the MFP Diary. It does look a little sparse, and I will do my best to stick to it.

Thank you for the 🥾 ⚡️Lynn!
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lana - good for you putting your food in ahead of time - that is a good strategy.
    Sara- I meant when the Monster finally falls off the deep end and is no longer there :smile: Temptation - as I mentioned I did buy the Beck books. The cards that say "I can be loose with food OR I can be thinner - I cannot be both" And "I may not care not, but I will care a LOT more when I get on that scale" I try and repeat those sayings when I am tempted.
    Good morning to all! I am headed to Happy Hour early Lana!

CW 197.2
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - I would NEVER help her with her masks - creepy city. We must double mask when she is around for HER protection.

So far I am continuing to keep the walking part, eating part at the end of the day, not so much. Bought a super size box of something semi- healthy but 3 a day?? Not quite. So some things will not be return visits at the store.

Just glad its Friday. Cboys have a happy hour?? good deal they need to keep busy.

• mkculs13
    Options
    Well, Lana, lazy does not help when you have doordash--got a treat delivered today. Not worrying about it. I don't do it very often.

I've got a long, boring weekend ahead of me. And I'm pretty happy about it. I'm pretending I'm snowed in somewhere on a prairie in the 1870s and wondering if I will survive "cabin fever." So far, so good. In my imagination, I have plenty of food and fuel. So the only challenge is being happy alone. Well, and staying sane. Also, so far, so good :)

I had no idea what time it was when I went to log on. Is that a good or bad thing? But I am glad I'm logging before midnight.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    z58kao3znqjz.jpg
    *** January 23rd ***

Good morning all~~

Maureen - Good luck on the prairie! No cabin fever for you: you will keep yourself entertained and happy I'm sure!

Sara - Monster is something else, isn't she? Double masking may have its merits, but in her case, it smacks of a control maneuver. She is quite the neurotic; it must be hell living in her head. 😜

Waving to Lynn and Missy and Runa and Tracy and Dawn and Kathryn and Melissa and Oishii and everyone else who stops in later today 👋🏻

Lana

266.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Went shopping early then ZZZZ the rest of the morning. All my errands are done for the day so online streaming for me.

Lana - Monster is getting paranoid, she needs to get herself home "take thyself to a nunnery" is more like it - but going home works for me. To live in her head would be torture and I am not interested but I thank you for having the compassion for her. When she comes over I tell her to back up it is not 6 feet and I need my 2nd mask on - if she is going to dish it, I am going to hold her to it.

Roasted vegetable with chicken hot for dinner tonight and cold for a couple salads - Parsnip/Rainbow Carrots/Butternut Squash and Red Onion. Junk food is sitting on the counter as well. So need to make sure the healthy stuff gets eaten first.

Saturday Night at the Cabana club get your heels on its time to dance!!

• joariley2
    joariley2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi?! I am looking to join an online support group to help me with my weight loss. Are you open to new members? I have maybe 80lbs I need to lose. I'm feeling motivated, but it is still January and I think it would really help me to have a group to talk to and be accountable to.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    @joariley2, welcome. Folks just jump in when they find this list.

I had a lovely long walk in the dog park with my pair today--Wind chill at 8 F but it only felt cold when I was walking straight into the wind, and only on exposed skin. I even went back to the car and took off the cow coat (heavy leather) and put on thick fleece jacket instead. And we had sun, so it was pretty nice. We are supposed to get snow and it will be pretty cold for a few more days, then back to the high 20s/low 30s, which is fine by me. The hard part is how slippery the hardened, wind-glazed snow is.

What have y'all got planned for Sunday?