Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Greetings. Sunny today and I got in 2 mi jog. Felt great.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Soup and toast for dinner - heartburn from lunch not fun. 5k on feet. Laundry almost in dryer and peanut butter cookie dough in fridge.

I myself also find I am not getting WIFI connection too many people's phones around here.

Will mail out cards tomorrow. Almost midweek. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options
    rcaxp7h4sxe1.jpeg
    *** February 3rd ***

It's Wednesday.
    Why haven't I changed the ladies walking time to later in the day? It's too cold at 9:30AM. Brrr......

Lana

268.8 ugh
    269.6 highest
    214.0 lofty September goal
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning, girls. I'm up and at it--ha, barely. Checking work email and saying hello here.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Not much new here. Waiting for frigid cold weather this weekend. Thought maybe we would escape that as it is February now. No such luck. Will make some soup and stay warm :wink:
    Waves to all!

CW 195.8
    HW 207
    GW 194
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waving to Maureen πŸ‘‹πŸ»
    Lynn - soup sounds good right now!

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lynn, I'm so bummed. We got through January. This shouldn't be happening. Who takes these complaints? I demand better service :)

Lana, good for you getting out in the morning even if it is cold. I wish I could get up and out--it just doesn't happen. I can't seem to set my personal clock back-- when I try to go to bed earlier, I end up awake for hours and too tired to get up early. And if I try to get up early after going to bed at my usual time, I am so sleepy in the early evening. Then I can't fall asleep at bedtime. I'd love to be up at 5 am again--I did that for years. I miss those quiet morning hours. Of course this coming week will *not* be the time to try to adjust; it's going to be dangerously cold. Ugh.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I am late - made cookies for lady driving me to vaccine tomorrow "can you put choc chips in them?" so it took me longer. I was imagining her saying "can you take the chips out?" and me tossing the bag out the car window!!!!

They are done and ready to go.

Got email from Dawn- thank you Lana. Lana watch your mail box. I sent 8 letters out to people who are home bound / secret pal / dealing with health issues and just need something other than computer contact.

5600 steps today I may run around the apt to see if I can get 6k - just for fun hahahahaha.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2021
    Options
    ifk0nnfppta3.jpeg
    *** Febrrrrrrrrruary 4th ***

Good morning all~~

Maureen, I never did get out there yesterday morning. There was only one other woman walking with me, and she messaged me to say she couldn't make it, so I bailed out too. Too early and too cold for me. I have to change the times of these walks for the next couple of months.
    I wish you better luck in changing your sleeping time, when the time is right.

Sara, I am envious of you having an appointment to get a vaccine! I am trying to get an appointment, but everything is paused right now--NC just doesn't have the vaccine supply. Dang.
    I will keep my eyes on the mailbox!

Waving to Tracy in Tennessee, and Missy, and Lynn, and Kathryn and Runa and Oishii and Melissa in NYC and everyone else who pops by later on~~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Hello all!
    Yay Sarah - glad you got your vaccine. Hope not too bad of side effects.
    Good morning Lana! I have not taken the time to investigate...but I am curious about the rest of the world. are they having issues with the vaccine as well. I know it is a huge undertaking, but it does seem slow.
    Waves to all!~ Lynn

CW 194.6
    HW 207
    GW 194 (hopefully can get that down 5 more lbs tomorrow)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon-

Home and considering a nap. People over 55 are now getting access to the vaccine so while I got #2 shot they were getting #1.

Have tomorrow off as I am told the 2nd shot is sometimes harder the next day.

Got my 6k in today as I will be a couch potato tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    j87rxb0efk9v.jpeg
    *** February 5th ***

Good morning all~~

Seems we have made it to Friday. The Cabana Boys will have a celebratory happy hour late in the afternoon πŸŒ΄πŸŽ‰

There is a Meetup group in my area called Hiking Over The Hill 😜, and they are doing a walk tomorrow someplace I've never been to---Jordan Lake. Their group is men and women, and they have a lot of participants. I may or may not walk with them tomorrow, but my joining their group yesterday has motivated me to get back in shape, so that I can become able to attend and keep up with them in the near future.

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Lana

267.6 today
    269.6 highest
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    First time in the 10 years I’ve been on
    MyFitnessPal that I’ve made a proper progress photo, because I’ve finally not just lost and gained the same 5kg...
    e3uyz1d36zr6.jpeg
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    Oishii - great job!
    Lana- your walking group sounds great! I hope it works out for you!
    Sarah - Yay! 2nd shot! How are you feeling today?
    Waves to all. Sunshiny here. But oh so cold....Sunday a high of 0 Fahrenheit! yikes. But every day we get through is one day closer to warmer weather :)
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Oishii good for you - not big on taking pictures of self for any reason.

Lynn, my arm is sore but otherwise no aftereffects.

Monster has her hands full with 2 of her favorite employees so while she may be gunning for me she is otherwise distracted and I am grateful. These 2 are showing their true colors and coworkers are not surprised one bit.

Lana - remember any walking is more than no walking.

TGIF - will get steps in dancing as I have no where to go and the gardeners are blowing all the dust and pollen in the air.

Cup of tea and reading until lunch.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, did you have Pfizer or Moderna? I just realized I've bought tickets to fly the day after my 2nd Moderna vaccination and I've heard it can be a tough day. Not happy with myself! Oh, well; I'll survive.

It's 3 pm and I just finished my cals for the day, and there is no way in heck I'm going outside for exercise for at least a week. Dang. Should have planned better :) I hit 191 for the first time today since . . . 2009? I'm glad to be there but the timing sucks b/c it is mid-winter and our worst cold so far this year. I am such a baby.

Lana, I hope you get your shot soon. NC is looking better and better to me lately. I want you all to succeed.

In the meantime, I'll just log my meal and plan to go to bed early.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Pfizer - my covid vaccine card - mine to keep in case I travel - says so
  • LoriAnne0621
    LoriAnne0621 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join you. I have started over too many times to count. I lost a bunch of weight 10 years ago but I am up 60 lbs from my goal weight. I got an activity tracker and a smart scale. Not sure why but these things encourage me.
    ~Lorianne

CW 183.3
    HW (this time) 191.5
    Lifetime H 311
    Goal 129.5
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    stdgs1qlmyhh.jpeg
    *** February 6th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Welcome to LoriAnne πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Just getting us started. Will be back later.

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Welcome, LoriAnne.

Sara, thanks for sharing that info. I'm hoping I can avoid any major post-2nd shot symptoms. I don't want to be booted from my flight b/c I got the vaccine!

I woke up early today and couldn't fall back asleep, so despite the fact that it's dangerously cold this weekend, I may try to shift my sleep schedule to early morning rising. That means trying NOT to nap today. When there is so little I can do--and it's so quiet, and the heat is pouring out b/c it's so freaking cold outside . . . I'm getting bored with my Covid "lifestyle," probably b/c I haven't gotten out enough this winter. I know-same old complaint. I gotta make a plan to move, I guess.

Maybe I'll just eat at maintenance over the next few awful days. I won't be getting much exercise, that's for sure. In and out with the dogs a half dozen times each day (b/c each "walk" is about 2 minutes, max, so their feet don't freeze). I have toyed with the idea of going up and down my 2 sets of stairs multiple times. Let's see how desperate I get :)