Hi all!
    wow. Not sure where today went.
    Just stopping by.
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Senior Affordable Housing Elderly housing wait list is frozen and I cannot apply, I figure I need to wait until after COVID - so I cant even do anything.

One possible side effect as I will have to wait it may be the time to get a new little dog.

Rain here and so it is coming east.

Banana and apple are my friends again and it is showing on the scale.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Lynn, I'm not eager to rush into home owning again, but who knows? Mine here in WI goes on the market soon and I may be "homeless" for 6 a couple of months before I move. But IDC. The real issue is my pets, which means I may have to buy. But I hope I can rent for a while at least, to look around and figure out where I want to live. My commute will be one determinant, so finding a school I really like comes first and then I can look at communities. I don't see myself living in the city, although I may have to b/c I hear the traffic is a big issue.

I ran this evening and it was just awful. I had about 1/2 mile with a lot of ice, and that was zero fun, plus I just couldn't get to the point it felt good. My general rule is to stop if I don't feel good after one mile, but I pushed through for another half before I gave in and walked some. Finished my run on a long downhill stretch, but I am feeling it still-stiff and sore, not normal after a run. So breaking my rule was not the brightest idea. I just didn't want to have to walk back over all that ice.

Of course, it gave me extra cals for the day and I'm getting hungry. Time to think about dinner. Have a nice evening, folks.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,840 Member
    Options
    o64m6fxmak97.jpeg
    *** March 10th ***

Good morning all~~

Maureen - good grief! I hope that you recovered well enough after your not-normal run. Glad to hear about your plans to rent in NC at first.

Sara - Oh, I am so happy to hear you are thinking about getting a new doggie!

Waving to Lynn and Tracy and Missy and Runa and Kathryn and Dawn and everyone who stops by today~

* flag up for more coffee *

Lana

267.4 today
  • RivkehS76
    RivkehS76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mar 10 / Good morning everyone!
    Thank you for all the welcome notes! ❤️
    The last 3 weeks have felt so easy for me to stay on my eating plan, but the last two days have felt impossible! Like sudden onset starvation. Taking today as a reset to “get back to basics”...just making sure I work out and don’t eat any sugar. 😉
    10 days until Spring equinox - yay! We’re in southern Maine, so we also still have ice on the ground, but our temperatures are spiking the next few days (but then dropping again 🥶). It will be nice to get outside. ☀️
    Hope everyone has a good day!
    💕💕💕
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    Rain today - so much better than snow! muddy and wet, but that will help the grass turn green!
    Rivkeh - no sugar - that is a good plan! I try hard to eliminate extra sugar from my diet.
    Morning Lana! I too will take more coffee! :)
    Waves to Maureen, Sara, MIssy, Dawn and Runa. Tracy in TN as well! hope you have a great one!

CW 192.6
    HW 207
    GW 189

• mkculs13
    Options
    Thanks, Lana, I'm taking today off from all exercise. It makes me cranky and frustrated with my calorie budget b/c I won't have any extra cals to pad it. I can just eat at maintenance today, I suppose. Haven't decided; I'll see how it goes.

Lynn, we had a short, light sprinkle this morning but I am hoping for a big storm this evening or tonight. I love thunderstorms. And yes, rain is SO much better than snow.

Rivkeh, we have ice too, here in WI, especially in well-shaded spots north of the trees. They won't be totally gone until about April. If we are lucky. They are what made my trail jog so miserable yesterday. I hate ice and running on it is hard--you have to worry about slipping and the surface is so hard and uneven that it is hard on ankles, knees, and hips. We had two 60+ days in a row and I was hoping more would be melted, but I knew it wasn't likely. The good news is, time changes soon and winter is mostly over.

Sara, I'm going to be looking for your pup-search updates. Will you work with a breeder? A specific rescue? Any favorite breeds? I felt so bad when you lost your dear Tillie; I know how hard that is. Being ready for a new dog doesn't change how we feel about those that have passed. It does bring new joy, though, so good luck moving forward.

Cheers.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Nothing like a good HAIL storm with lightning/thunder to make the streets completely unsafe.... I just got into the parking lot when the hail got bad.

Rivkeh sounds like your plan is more on than off - so it will still be effective. Dont kick yourself as we all have those off days.

Neighbor is a Sams and will buy me some packaged hard boiled eggs so I can either add them to my salad or use them as a snack at work.

I'm a lazy girl and it is cold so I went and took pictures of the hail. We need the rain and so it will be more like February than March....

Tri tip sandwich with cheese on toast.... that is dinner.

Time to snore. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    67t4xy8ahm07.jpeg
    *** March 11th ***

The sun is out and the skies are blue for the 10th day in a row - Wow, am I grateful ☀️
    I hope that the warmer temps come soon for all of you ladies up north: Lynn and Maureen and Rivkeh and Missy

Sara - Hail 😱 Yikes!! (Thank you for sweet card!!)

Waving to Tracy in Tennessee and Dawn in Missouri and Runa in Oklahoma and everyone else who stops by later on 👋🏻

* tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later *

Lana
  • RivkehS76
    RivkehS76 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    We have mid-50s and sun for the next two days...goodbye ice (hopefully!) and hoping for more outside time. Easier to stay on track when you’re not trapped inside! 😉

@brennerjlb - I've discovered eliminating sugar is the most important component for me of feeling good and making the rest of my choices easier. When there's sugar, it's like a landslide of terrible decisions. I hate that it feels so all or nothing, but it just does.
    @Tilliesmommy1 - thank you for the encouragement about the off-days. They suck, right?
    @mkculs13 - I think WI weather is even tougher than ours! You're brave for trail running on ice.

Hope everyone has a good day and that your bodies feel healthy today! ❤️
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning from WI. I'm not sure running on ice is brave--running on ice without my yaktrax is probably unwise at best :) And I'm still paying for it, plus too many hills earlier this week. I'll do a walk again today on a fairly flat, level surface at the dog park and Skye will be incredibly dirty--the lake should be open there and the mud will be plentiful. But I need someplace open and flat to get in a couple of miles.

Lana, I am so happy you have had so much sunshine lately. It makes things just a little bit easier most of the time. We have a lot of cloudy days in our winter here so I will be happy to be in sunny NC soonish.

My realtor is bringing a handyman around to do some work and I'm relieved. Too many tasks, not enough time. Fixing a few things will make a difference in the price we set and won't cost a lot--rehanging one door, patching a hole in drywall, a couple of things like that. It will look nicer. I'm emptying the two bathrooms where I stuffed everything when the carpet was removed--emptying to my garage. Not a lot to remove from shelves (ok the Xmas tree figurine needs to go), and I have 2 cleanings scheduled before the house is open for showing. And I'll be out of town for that. :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Friend in former dept interviewed to be in mine. She would bring a lot of info and positivity to the dept.

Taking 2 hard boiled eggs to work is easy and will continue.

Brain dead at the moment. Typical for Thursday . Friday I just dont care.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    h58g67jxj84c.jpeg
    *** March 12 ***

Rivkeh - I think that we are all with you on the sugar thing. I eat sweets when my mental health is needy, and it is far better than wine or other drinks, which I am working on putting behind me--feel much better without all of that.
    I'm originally from NY Capital area; my parents loved to visit southern Maine, especially Ogunquit in their senior years. Also many friends of mine started out at The Playhouse there. I have a distant cousin who is married into the Wyman family of blueberries fame. 😁

Sara - that sounds interesting about your friend - when will you know if she is hired/transferred to your department?

Maureen - what a blessing that your realtor has found the handyman. One less thing to have to deal with. I hope that your pups don't become total mudpies 😂

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and Tracy and Runa and Missy and everyone else who stops by the Cabana Club this afternoon. The Boys have a festive happy hour planned, with plenty of foot massaging and pillow fluffing - Sara goes first!

Lana

266.6 today
    269.6 highest
  • mkculs13
    Options
    I'm with Sara on Friday--who cares? I wanna hear that "Friday" song.

I'm re-starting to decimate (literally-kill by 1/10th) my typical serving sizes so I can adapt more easily to the calorie deficit as it declines. I started doing it a couple months ago but forgot to keep up with it. Math, haha. I'm actually very good at the math required--so easy. What was getting in the way is storing the "extra" tenth. Yes, I'm a big baby who whines (internally) about having to do that. Save 1/10th of a can of beans. Up to recently, can-sized servings worked fine. Now I have to adapt. Boo Hoo. Poor me.

Cool here again--35ish today and not getting too much warmer. Sun is out so that's a bonus.

Got the quote on handyman work and I can live with it :)

TTFN.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Friday with disco lights and confetti streamers!!!

Will make a roasted root vegetable cream soup this weekend and stick potatoes and can of chili in it. Cold enough to eat soup and I have no other way to use the root vegetables I just got.

I have 400 steps to make 6k today and I will walk in a big circle if I have to.

HEY thank you , I need a pedicure as I cant really reach my feet like another person can and the massage is always the best part.

I am bringing zero calorie Chocolate Martinis to the party - its disgusting to do that to chocolate but if its virtual it can taste however you want!!!

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    opg65ecwmler.jpeg
    *** March 13th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Just getting us started for now..... Sara - the chocolate martinis were yummy!

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good evening,

HEY thank you , I need a pedicure as I can't really reach my feet like another person can and the massage is always the best part.

Ha, I just texted this to a friend--need a pedi SO bad and yes, massage is the best part. I choose where to go based on the quality of the massage. And now I'm thinking I need a full-body massage, too. But pedi first. Today.

Skye and the cats woke me up at the time my alarm goes off on weekdays and I'm rather irritated. I'd have preferred a bit of snooze time this a.m. I feel fine, though, and can always nap because it's the WEEKEND!

Still sore from Tuesday's awful jog but will do an easy one on level surface today and that should help work out the kinks. I remembered this week not to revisit dog parks until Skye's cycle is over, so she has been on a few long walks with me again, on leash. We need to get back to leash training. 'nuff said.

Have a lovely day, all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Trying to make myself make soup today - it will happen I am just lazy right now.

Tomorrow is volunteer day so I wont have the time to make soup --- but I will get my steps in.

Nap time believe it or not.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    I had a good, busy (for me) day. Walked with Skye, got my pedi. Massage wasn't bad. I ran a couple of errands and went running in the late afternoon. Felt ok. Then went to dinner where a student of mine was working so I could tip him. Tipped 100%--$12. Haha. It was Denny's. Had a "Fit Fare" entree and came in under my calorie budget for the day. Didn't expect that b/c I had trail mix for brunch--a lot of it. Entered it truthfully and was glad to see my active day made it all possible.

Don't foget time changes at 2 am!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    bl8418q89sqk.jpeg
    yjv3larxaav6.jpeg
    *** March 14th ***

It's a special day today 😁

Lana

268.0 today