Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Lady - that is the cutest face ever! Great pup!
    Sara - congrats on the 2 lbs and a good step count. Lots of plus's with an adult dog - I agree. I would take a house full of rescues! But my DH limits me to one dog at a time. I have often debated if it should be him or dogs :wink:
    Waves to all - have a great day!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

First day on phones and I had 6. Most of them I could handle by myself but I felt velcroed to my desk. Monster meeting later this week so you know I will find out.

Just trying to keep the ultra extras out of my daily diet.

Lady - what a wonderful dog!!

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Lana, I feel very relaxed after a good run (not every run). Maybe that is from endorphins? Relaxed like I am melting into the chair, no worries, all is right with the world. Hm, maybe that's a runner's high. I never thought of it that way.

Adorable pups in the pics. Mine had a big day--handyman, realtor, photographer, cleaner, and plumber here today. And when the plumber removed the downstairs (ground level) toilet to replace it, he found an enormous ant next. No ants, but we weren't sure of that until the exterminator got here. So the dogs had a lot of folks to deal with and were just amazing, even Skye. A little jumping on folks to greet them, but she settled surprisingly quickly. She is so dang smart. Anyway, the house starts showing on Thursday and is looking really good.

Have a great evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    qwjtx1nbld8h.jpeg
    *** March 24th ***

Just getting us started.....
    Waving to all~~

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • verdenlola
    verdenlola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Had a busy weekend - got 18,000 steps each day! Saturday Saturday spent much of day in woods collecting sap.
    Yes - I know I owe you some pictures, I will do that soon. Sunday I helped a friend distribute leaflets - she is running for Judge. Got lots of steps in. My body hurts today.
    You would think my weight would start better this week than others. It did not. Today is 3/15. My goals were to be to 189 by 3/31 - I am going to have to work a bit harder on that. Reduce alcohol - I have had a glass of wine on 3 occasions this month so far. My goals was no more than 4 - so....I will have to really plan out my fourth LOL.
    I did increase my steps thanks to this weekend.
    Have a great Monday. I will beware!
    ~Lynn

CW 194.6
    HW - 207
    GW - 189

I can help you lose your weight sustainably! Feel free to add me, I'm here to help!
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    Lana - thanks for the start. I will see you later by the pool :wink: It is rainy here, the warm sunshine will be most welcome.
    Sara - wish that monster could be on vacation all the time!
    Maureen - awesome progress on the house! I bet it sells fast in this market!
    Verdenlola - thanks for offer. I honestly don't participate in much else of MFP other than logging and this thread.
    Waves to all! ~Lynn

CW 194.6
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Another coworker and myself heard boss yesterday say not to put her new desk in any other place than where her's is now because she wants to "watch her employees" - well that got around... Seems boss also had to make an apology to a temp worker - that makes 2 apologies I know about and I know Monster hates to apologize about anything....

Doing a little better about what/how much I eat for dinner. That said there are usually bumps in the road.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    25icy47utrrm.jpeg
    *** March 25th ***

I've been awake for 3 hours, and still only one eye is open. Very upsetting dreams.

Hi Lynn πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Hi Sara - Monster is a hoot! I don't know what to say about her desk thing. When I worked, when I was a boss, my main duty was to keep a very close eye on my crew (to make sure that they were doing things safely and efficiently).
    I miss it. They loved me though. I took good care of them.
    We'll never know what Monster has going on in her twisty brain. πŸ‘Ή

Waving to Dawn and Tracy and Missy and Maureen and Lady C and Rivkeh and Runa in Oklahoma and anyone else who stops by the Cabana Club today~~

Lana

266.0 today
    269.6 highest
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey, all. Off to FL this evening for spring break. House is open for showings and bids will be due Monday or Tuesday. Weird, seeing my house listed. The pics aren't great but there were already 17 showings scheduled as of yesterday afternoon, so I hope it brings a good price. I can use that $$ for retirement.

Have a great day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Bon Voyage Maureen ~~
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Yes I did pass out after work. Seems to be a thing this week - must be all the stress of having to answer the phone. I told the lady I spoke to today the wrong answer and as I get to speak to boss tomorrow, I have a feeling we will be discussing it.

Otherwise knitting and reading and less social networking. Too hard on my brain at night.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    b16jh05mpyq1.jpeg
    *** March 26th ***

Happy Friday everyone~~

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Lana! Good morning, Cabana Crew!

I have returned! Actually, got back Monday night, but have been playing catchup with work and Moose duties. I"ve only had a few minutes to pop by each day.

The drive to Gatlinburg only had one hiccup--took an hour and a half to drive from exit 394 to exit 407 on I-40 due to a semi rollover. The Conference went well, most meetings ended early. Significant other and I had time to visit some really good restaurants and go up to Ober Gatlinburg. I bought a purse in the Leather Shop up there. Been looking at one for over 5 years. Finally decided to be self-indulgent and buy it. We also went to the pin shop next door because he loves to get enameled pins to decorate his stuff. Other than that, we walked a lot and generally enjoyed our (hopefully, last) trip to Gatlinburg. Our trip home was super smooth sailing.

Next Conference

Today, I am exhausted. I did not sleep well the whole time we were gone and I am still having trouble. Could be a delayed effect of the steroid pack. Finished it last Saturday.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! Make the best choices you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Thanks everyone for the nice words about Max. He is seriously the best dog ever. He motivates me to go for long walks everyday :) I was so sedentary before I got him and now I'm so much more active. He's really made my life so much better!

I had a pretty good week, tracked everyday and exercised almost every day. I work as a nurse at the hospital, so when I'm working a 12 hour day I don't have the energy to exercise when I get home. Luckily Max is usually with my mom when I'm working, so he gets lots of exercise. When I come home to him he is always completely pooped haha. I know she takes good care of him, and I'm lucky to have her. I do get my steps in at the hospital and always go over my move goal and standing goal on my apple watch, so when I'm working it's definitely not a lazy day.

THE WEEKEND IS HERE! I always struggle on the weekend. I am working night shifts tonight and tomorrow so hopefully that will keep me on track.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! <3
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Congrats on the good week ladychr0nic! And thank you for your nursing service! Takes a special person to be a nurse/medical person. Not in my abilities. :) I struggle on weekends also. Much more scheduled eating when I am at work and of course busier.
    Tracy - glad you had a successful weekend! Hope you can sleep soon!
    Lana and Sara, Maureen, Runa and all others who pop in - good morning/afternoon!
    Happy weekend!
    ~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Tracy - I enjoyed reading about your Gatlinburg Moose adventure. Why did you say that you hoped it was your last trip there?
    I am really glad that you bought that purse in the leather shop. The Cabana Boys want to see a photo of it! Definitely indulge yourself on something that you love, especially if you will use it often. Life is short, yes?

Lady C - We all appreciate all that you do in the health care field. It is a funky interchange of life experiences: when one is seeking or getting health care, the situation at hand is the main focus, and we never learn the names of the army of heroes who get us through whatever mess it is.
    I was such a sick mess during breast cancer treatment years ago that I was not able to retain the names of the sweet angels who saw me through that fire.
    Meanwhile - I hate when my Apple Watch has no clue that I've been standing for ten minutes when it reminds me that I should stand up 🀣

Waving to Lynn up in Wisconsin πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸ‘‹πŸ» Wishing you and Miss Maggs a fabulious* weekend. (One of my most favorite mispronounced words.

Hey Y'All! - Waving to Dawn, Runa, Rivkeh, Missy, Maureen, and everyone who stops by later on.......

🌸🌿 Miss Sara 🌿🌸 - Thank you very much for sending Jean Paul and Rolando with the very lovely Easter Card!!!
    You are so sweet πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’—

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Its Friday!!! Dancing around the house one more time!!!

Monthly meeting w/ boss went well except I need to go faster next month. Did I mention it was Friday????

I will work to get my 6k in by bedtime. I am hoping to find time this weekend to go and look for clothing Spring and warmer temps mean I have to buy more items for Spring/Summer. Never liked going clothes shopping so we shall see.

Lana- Jean Paul and Rolando requested you and they are bored so put them to work - start with the house work....

Wishing all a good night, Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    zlb4sb531blc.jpg
    *** March 27th ***

Good morning all~~

The sun is trying to come out here in NC. I hope that it wins; we've been having some lousy weather lately.

Sara, you have me thinking. I wonder if there are cleaning services where the cleaners are men? I sometimes see the women in their Merry Maids car, but I wonder if......

Years ago in NYC a friend of mine insisted I give his gay male cleaning person a try. That worked out poorly because he did weird things like rearrange the paintings I had on the walls, and he ruined some of my things with bleach. I once found a favorite tank top of mine folded, under the kitchen sink.

My house is indeed a mess and in need of cleaning, but I have to de-clutter first, and I loathe doing that.
    Enough rambling....

BBL

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    For "breakfast," I had an ice cream sundae. Mmmmm. No regrets.

Mom is not doing well, and I'm so glad I'm here. She knows who I am and has a few cheerful moments here and there, but is otherwise uncomfortable. We are calling in palliative care and/or hospice, depending on the next assessment (Tuesday). Wishing I could stay to care for her on her final journey.

It's good to be with my daughter again. And the weather is gorgeous--sunny and breezy, not too hot. Got in a nice jog yesterday and walking, too. Tonight there's a retirement party for my BIL.

I didn't catch up on reading your posts, so sorry. Maybe later. Take care.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Errands all done by 10am - got 4 tops and 2 pairs of pants for spring/summer. Lunch was cancelled as one of the lady's mother was injured. We will reschedule. What that means is a free afternoon I had not planned.

Lana - that cleaning man was an "off". There is a good person out there who will help you keep your house looking better.

Maureen, I hope your mother's assessment goes well. Glad you are enjoying the warmer weather.

I got 5.5k in already today, so may just stay inside.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.