Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited May 13
    Options
    5sc38gegsmhy.jpeg
    *** May 13 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - do what you must do in order to take care of yourself. If going to gyno is hell, definitely get a different gyno. Annual checkups should be fairly pleasant, and a pap sample should be unpleasant for only a moment. Sending a bucket of courage your way.

Maureen - What about bicycling or water exercise?
    Sorry to hear about your tree coming down. Maybe you only lost power? Hope that's all it was.

Today I am helping a friend/acquaintance get to and from their medical procedure. I don't even like her anymore; she said too many mean things at a recent gathering. I wanted to tell that to somebody, and y'all are my support team.

Waves to Laura and Missy and anyone else who pops by today.

Lana

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 626 Member
    edited May 13
    Options
    Lana, you are kind to help someone about whom you have such feelings. Good for you.

You all are my support too--and now I have to have a breast biopsy. I'm not freaking out, but objectively speaking, it's not a great report. 3 growths in the past 2 years. On the other hand, not detectable without mammogram/ultrasound, though. And it's not like my boobs are big. So biopsy is next Wed. and results take 3-5 business days. Fortunately I'm a busy girl.

Stepping back from running. Hurts too long afterwards. I can walk and hike pretty well so why ruin that, especially if I have to cancel knee surgery for other tx?

Had a great meal from my favorite Asian fusion restaurant--dinner last night, lunch today. Will start logging again tomorrow I guess. Have no idea what cals were in my scrumptious food today and yesterday.

Welcome @19LauraS82 . We are a fun group.

TTFN.
  • 19LauraS82
    19LauraS82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @mkculs13 ...sending positive thoughts your way for your upcoming biopsy! I remember the waiting for those test results. I just finished going through all the treatments/surgeries for breast cancer. I am now a thriver...only doing follow up/annual visits!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 15
    Options
    gz1p9qd5o8i4.jpeg
    *** May 15 ***

Good morning all~~

Maureen - We are here for you on that breast biopsy. Were the other two growths benign?

Laura - I'm a survivor as well. Dense breasts. 2016 DMX Stage 3 ER+ PR+ Her2- ACT chemo & Rads on left breast area. Aromatase inhibitor for 7 years so far, 3 more years to go.
    Knocking wood always.....

Waves to Sara and all who stop by later on~~

I'm off to a colonoscopy today. I sure do know how to have a good time!

Lana
  • 19LauraS82
    19LauraS82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @LanaCabana537 ... you party animal! hahaha!

I had TNBC Stage 2 IDC in Right Breast (no family history of breast cancer nor any markers detected by genetic testing) but opted for the Double Mastectomy to avoid radiation. Did chemo over a 6-7 month period....but thankfully it went sooo much better than I imagined it would!

Hope everyone's week is going well...I did great on Monday and Tuesday...much to my surprise. Today...I may have gave in at lunch but those cookies were sooo yummy!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Lair- Welcome! My mom went through breast cancer surgery and treatments last year. My stepdad is currently going through bladder cancer surgery and all. The first doc didn’t get everything so they are going somewhere else for further treatment.
    Lana- how did colonoscopy go?
    Maureen hope the biopsy’s come out benign.
    Sara- good luck at doc.

Idk who is my least favorite….gyno or dentist. Right now dentist - having 3 of 4 cavities filled tomorrow, one may be a root canal/crown the filling fell out last week and it is catching my tongue. Have to have a consult next month with oral surgeon for a molar that needs to be extracted.

Other than that class started this week, and I’ve tracked 8 days straight.

Have a good night everyone!

Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Dropped off the planet. Come home from work pass out.

I am reading a good mystery so there is the rest of my "conscious" time.

Playing phone tag with dr office. I will call at work tomorrow. Seems my previous obgyn dr are not at the clinic (it has been awhile).

Sending good dental and dr visit thoughts.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    19LauraS82 wrote: »
    @mkculs13 ...sending positive thoughts your way for your upcoming biopsy! I remember the waiting for those test results. I just finished going through all the treatments/surgeries for breast cancer. I am now a thriver...only doing follow up/annual visits!

Thanks for sharing that, and congrats on getting through it. I'll know more in about 2 weeks.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, I didn't realize. Congrats and best of luck over the next 3 years.

I'm having teeth and lung issues on top of knee and boob, haha. I need a crown, an extraction, and a couple of teeth replaced. My lungs still have inflammation from my allergies. No wonder running has been so effing hard!

I was so excited to turn 65. And now I'm falling apart! :)

I feel fine, though, and am so eager for the school year to just end. My classes are 90% seniors, and it's senior week, so no one is in class--lots of activities for them. I don't mind, but why wasn't that scheduled well ahead of time so I could plan better? Our new admin has dropped the ball on timely communication. No exam schedule yet. And seniors are irritated b/c their senior week plans didn't get communicated clearly either, and each day is so confusing. They had a cookout scheduled for 10 one morning, and finally got fed about 1:30. It was pouring rain and they would report to the site, only to be told to go back to class. NO announcement was made that they should keep reporting to class until called to the cook out. They were pissed. I don't blame them. I helped with the cookout b/c it was during my planning time and I know so many of them. That part was fun.

Anyway, I've regained all but 2 lbs of the weight I've lost this year, but oh well. Time to get back on the logging pony.

TTFN. Best to all.
    Maureen
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Lair- Welcome! My mom went through breast cancer surgery and treatments last year. My stepdad is currently going through bladder cancer surgery and all. The first doc didn’t get everything so they are going somewhere else for further treatment.
    Lana- how did colonoscopy go?
    Maureen hope the biopsy’s come out benign.
    Sara- good luck at doc.

Idk who is my least favorite….gyno or dentist. Right now dentist - having 3 of 4 cavities filled tomorrow, one may be a root canal/crown the filling fell out last week and it is catching my tongue. Have to have a consult next month with oral surgeon for a molar that needs to be extracted.

Other than that class started this week, and I’ve tracked 8 days straight.

Have a good night everyone!

Missy

And my phone autocorrected Laura to Lair…sorry
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    1z6wmqppqtrh.jpeg
    *** May 16 ***

Good morning all~~

I survived the procedure yesterday. They did find one polyp; biopsy results expected next week.

Laura - Oy! Triple Negative!
    Bilateral mastectomy is good choice.
    [I was in error calling it DMX, which is abbreviation for digital multiplex communication systems. *slap forehead*]

Maureen - that was some debacle with the cookout! Goodness.

Sara - enjoy getting lost in your mystery book~

Missy - You are doing well with your tracking! What is the class that just started?

*waving at Henri for more very black coffee 🌴*

Lana

265.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Lana- hoping it’s just a benign polyp. The class I’m taking is Organizational Strategy in a global environment. Mouthful…lol
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 16
    Options
    Missy - that class sounds interesting, thick, and chewy, and I'm not being cute or funny.

I hope that your professor is engaging and that you can really dig into this.

Wait, then I realize that I have to ask: nowadays, are there actual in-person professors teaching this, or does the student read a metric-ton of material and then respond to queries, fulfill output requirement, and go through testing without in-person interaction? Could be.

XO
    Lana
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Missy - that class sounds interesting, thick, and chewy, and I'm not being cute or funny.

I hope that your professor is engaging and that you can really dig into this.

Wait, then I realize that I have to ask: nowadays, are there actual in-person professors teaching this, or does the student read a metric-ton of material and then respond to queries, fulfill output requirement, and go through testing without in-person interaction? Could be.

XO
    Lana

Yeah it’s all online program no real human interaction unfortunately. We do have a live webinar every other week and a discussion board. If my schedule allowed it I would have gone in person.

Well 2 cavities filled, one crown for the other cavity, 2 more cavities to be filled later and need a tooth pulled out as I guess it’s dead. Going to be a fun summer!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Almost Friday -mentally drooling at the thought. Might tell you how the week went.

Dr appointment in a week. Phone tag sucks and people with bad attitude "whining" does not help (in the same company I work for - also not good). Seems I get points on my company wellness for doing this so that helps me get closer to my last Amazon binge.

Will spend a little time and hopefully little $$ looking for clothing this weekend.

Teeth, biopsies, doggies all in my thoughts. I hope all works out. I have no clue what Missy is taking for a class, but I hope it is interesting and motivating.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, best of luck. This waiting is no fun.

We are all falling apart, haha. If only that would help us lose the excess weight.

I had a very good jog yesterday--trail, no paved surface at all Slow as heck and sore today, but it was so nice to be able to do it. I may try every 3rd of 4th day since this went so well. Doubt I can handle every-other day. It helps with my focus and weight loss, although it's not about the calories burned (not all that many more than walking). Skye got to go and she enjoyed it too.

So today seniors were to have a "movie morning," from 8 to 10. It got canceled but no one told anyone. So I have all my seniors (well, half; prom is tonight and some are taking off to get dolled up). I had nothing planned b/c I was told I wouldn't have class. Fortunately, I have a lot of fall-back games they can play to review for upcoming tests and exams.

Warm and humid and I'm loving it.

Have a great day, all.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey there y'all....

I'm just waving the flag....

Lana

267.2 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Day 10 of tracking. Eating with this temporary crown is interesting. I should lose a few pounds in these two weeks. Hopefully crown comes in sooner. Class seems like it is going to be interesting. Maybe a bit intimidating but will take each week at a time.

Have a nice night everyone!

Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    8ty6jwymbodj.jpeg
    *** May 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - you are on a roll with the 10 days! Is the temporary crown not fitting right with the opposite tooth? I'm hoping that in a week or two you settle in with the new class and then do very well. 👍🏻

Sara - wishing you success with the clothes shopping 🛍️ 😁

Maureen - take it easy this weekend - don't overdo the exercise 🌼

Laura - what are your weekend plans?

Well, it's time for me to jump into the shower......

BBL

Lana

266.2 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey all.

I slept in until 5:30. That’s was nice. Then my sons, the dogs and I went to our “secret forest” to walk and run by (dogs, younger son did the running.) my eldest and I got a lawn mower and weed whacked. He is doing the yard and I’m starting on the garage.

I’m a bit irritable bc I can’t plan anything for my summer until after I get the biopsy and the results, at least another 10 days. I have a small window to travel from July 2 to July 16 if the results are negative. Of course I want to plan something since I’ll have knee surgery on the 17th if all goes well.

Slowly getting back on the logging horse. April was a bust but I’m didn’t really regain quite as much as I thought. May aim for 1.5 lbs a week for as much of the summer as I can, despite—and bc of—knee surgery if I’m lucky enough to get it.

What is everyone up to this weekend?