Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options
    Sunday, May 26

Hi Maureen 👋🏻
    Were you able to find a swimsuit that you like?

I was a slug all day - did almost nothing useful. Just feeling "off".
    Tomorrow is another day.

Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Lana, I hope today is better. I found a suit but decided against it.

Quentin, Skye and I had a nice hike at Crowders Mountain. In and out before the crowds arrived. That’s the way to do it, IMHO.

The national park was closed. We will do that one another weekend.

Craving a real brat, but not about to buy a grill for that, esp when the urge will pass. And it’s silly to buy a pack when we will only eat 2-3. Plus, I eat so little meat it would probably make me ill.

Have a lovely Memorial Day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    fkvuyej9in6a.jpeg
    *** May 27 ***

Maureen - Sorry to hear the swimsuit didn't work out. As for the brat, you said a real brat, so veggie substitutes probably won't cut it. You'll come up with something else healthy and yummy to have instead.

I do need to go grocery shopping. I need vegetables and chicken. I hope that they are open today.

Waves to everyone who stops by today.

Lana

266.4 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I thanked the Trader Joe's cashier for working today; she said they are paid a premium for today. Decent.
    So now I have milk and veggies and chicken and lean ground beef. Forgot the avocados.

*waving to Cabana Boy for a refill on the iced tea ⛱️*

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    lpsa60yjt7e6.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Monday

Happy Memorial Day. Got some good reflecting time in to remember why there is this holiday.

My Chicken pasta chinese salad turned out okay, need a little more work on the hand pies.

had to buy 8 and not 6 muffins, Just have to suck it up and enjoy it.

wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    y26g7uz0msf9.jpeg
    *** May 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started 🌴

Lana

268.0 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    31xsoziaiey1.jpeg
    *** May 30 ***

Good morning all~

It's another glorious day here in NC, and I am grateful for that. Blue skies and sunshine bolster my mood.

Time to rustle up some breakfast 😋

Lana

268.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 31
    Options
    igwn16wguyr8.jpeg

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Missy!

What a wonderfully cheerful image to find here this morning! Thank you for getting us started today. 💖

Lana

266.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Friday,

Boss gone again on another vaca - we have a to do list for every day.

Gyno went okay. Now have to get ultrasound will call for apt next week.

Food- not bad walking okay. Have chocolate in the house. Things are improving.

Our state set a minimum wage for health care workers and the company I work for decided that my job qualifies so I got a $2 an hour wage (means I have been working for peanuts for a long time). Sup could not say or do a thing except tell me that it starts June 1.

Long week and I am looking forward to sleeping in a little. Hair cut,facial, and pedicure tomorrow so that is a good way to spend a day.

100 temps on their way next week - bring out the skirts.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    9z5vymjdbqfd.jpeg

Sara- glad you are getting a raise! Stinks they didn’t act on it sooner. How was spa day? Good luck with ultrasound!

Lana- how is NC?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Yesterday was a busy one! Went with my works hiking club to a backpacking class they held. Hiked 1.6 miles to the camp and 1.6 miles back. I learned a lot! I’m hoping to get a basic backpack and gear together to start going on their backpacking trips in the future. I still have to get in better shape to handle some of their trips. A group of them made it a weekend trip on top of the class. I didn’t stay overnight to camp 🏕️ still have to get a tent or hammock and all the other necessities to do so. As well as find a dog sitter.

Plans for today are church, Zumba, finish up my presentation for my class, and get laundry and food ready for the week. Now that I have my permanent crown on I can get back to eating normal again.

What is everyone up to this weekend? Hopefully you all are getting to enjoy the weather! Welcome to June ☀️

~Missy

Tracked: Day 26 days and counting
    Calories: No for yesterday
    Exercise: hiked yesterday, Zumba today

Weight
    GW: 110-120 lbs
    CW: 212.3 lbs
    HW: 228.8
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Almost done with this PowerPoint presentation for my class. Talk about having writers block all week.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Restart #374 ... But I have been at it a solid 3 weeks. They say it's habit making. And I didn't want to proclaim anything until the habit was established.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Sunday,

Saturday nice relaxing day of hair cut,facial and pedicure. Baked bluevberry muffins in freezer, top parts and bottom parts. Box said to grease bottom of muffin pan, next time I do it the way I know.

Sunday has been cooking Korean BBQ (more vegetables than meat). Those are in fridge for week.

I have 20 stars crocheted which means if I make a couple other colors, I can trade out some of the less good looking ones.

I will just have to wear skirts and drink lots of water this week as the heat is here.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    cc0u3ngtm833.jpeg

First full week of June! It’s definitely feeling like summer. Been in the 70’s for a few days now. But it is New England so it could be false summer lol

Sara I like your plan. I’m going to have to dig for my skirts and summer clothes. I pack them away too good this year.

Lana how was your weekend?

@j_bark welcome!

rb6w0eu3cmc3.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everyone~

Missy - the seasons of New England is hilarious and accurate!

Sara - So the muffins got stuck in the pan? Hopefully they are tasty in spite of that.

Hello to J_Bark 👋🏻

It is rainy and gloomy here this morning. Time to pour myself another Cup of Ambition ☕️.

Lana

269.0 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    First the good news: my biopsy was negative for malignancy or any atypical cells. That was good news.

For everything else, I'm hanging on by a thread. The fact I haven't posted in over a week is evidence. I didn't log much, either. I ordered food for lunch and dinner like 10 times over the past few weeks. I can't afford that financially or in terms of calorie intake. Gotta get back on the wagon NOW.

So, creeping toward the end of another school year, but not there yet. I can't wait to be done.

Best to all--hang in there.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Wicked little Monday spent 3 hours on help desk phone line - I had to do a bathroom break after I ''thought" it all was fixed - whoops no it locked me out again. Nothing as boring or tiring as being on hold.

Not hot yet but heat warning starts tomorrow. Cold as a freezer at work - computer safety issue. Luckily a nice hot cup of coffee helps me.

Got chicken Korean BBQ in freezer for meals last night. Muffins are fine just in 2 pieces and they taste really good.

Short nap on the horizon.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    jher4avxp2kb.jpeg
    *** June 4 ***

Maureen - what excellent news about the biopsy!! Wow! Yes, the school year is almost over! Hugs~~

Sara - Hang in there, my dear!

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana