Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    8ty6jwymbodj.jpeg
    *** May 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - you are on a roll with the 10 days! Is the temporary crown not fitting right with the opposite tooth? I'm hoping that in a week or two you settle in with the new class and then do very well. 👍🏻

Sara - wishing you success with the clothes shopping 🛍️ 😁

Maureen - take it easy this weekend - don't overdo the exercise 🌼

Laura - what are your weekend plans?

Well, it's time for me to jump into the shower......

BBL

Lana

266.2 today

The temp crown isn’t very cemented in like the permanent one will be so no crunchy, sticky foods so it doesn’t pop off. I would have to go back to the dentist Asap if that happened as the inner tooth is exposed. Praying that everything goes well with the permanent crown.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options
    v6fytctkzy0d.jpeg
    *** May 20 ***

Good morning all~~

Wishing everyone a decent Monday~

*🌴 looking around for the Cabana Boy with the coffee... ⛱️🌴*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    srtv0uldibtv.jpeg
    *** May 21 ***

Hello All~~

Today would be a good day for a walk, right?

BBL

Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. Missy, I’m getting a crown—was supposed to start yesterday but I haven’t been using my Rx toothpaste and my teeth are all too cold sensitive for the dentist to do what she needs without making me uncomfortable. I need to get that Rx filled.

What’s going on for everyone else?

Lana, when do you expect to hear about the polyp? My biopsy is tomorrow-I took off for the day. And they said 3-5 business days for the results. At least the waiting will be over.

Had a funny wog (walk/jog) today—couldn’t maintain the jogging pace for more than short distances, but it didn’t hurt at all. Will see if I feel the usual after effects tomorrow. Jogging on an unpaved trail makes such a difference. It was pretty warm and I think that slowed me. IDC as long as I can get in some jogging.

My Apple Watch says I burned 800 exercise cals today but MFP says it was just over 200. Haha. But I haven’t eaten much today so I’m going to get some Halo Ice cream and eat the whole pint. I have eaten about 900 and with the exercise, I still have over 800 left by MFP’s count.

Ok, ttfn.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Maureen 👋🏻

Today I got a letter telling me that the polyp was not pre-cancerous, so they said next colonoscopy in 10 years. I'm somewhat disappointed; I assumed the next one would be in 5 years. I see my primary care doctor soon, so I'll ask her why.

Good luck with your biopsy tomorrow. You are smart to take the day off. I hope you get the results soon, but it is a holiday weekend, so news may be delayed.

I've been sorting through piles of paper from 8 years ago. I'm trying to mentally stay above the bad memories.

It's time for a snack.

Lana

scale numbers too awful to post
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Boss gone until Tuesday. Nothing serious will happen while she is gone, why she thinks so - is beyond me.

Shopping with a flexible mind and a budget worked. 8 tops 1 pair of pants for $100. I am doing overtime on Saturday to put that $$ back into my savings.

Missy, temps are never as good as the final crown. In my experience I have only had one bad crown. You will be able to tell the difference. Yes nothing crunchy sticky or hard texture. All the fun food, I know.

Lana - you are the only person I know who wants to have colonoscopies more often. I am glad your test results came back positively.

Baked sweet potato and parmesean cheese for lunch I will go put out some dried cranberries to go with it. Trying to use what I have in house this week. Makes for some strange meals. Oh well.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there,
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    mvh24s8cs2jq.jpeg
    *** May 22 ***

Good morning everybody 😁

Sara - So glad for you that The Dragon is gone until Tuesday. She certainly is bedeviled by some mental problems, making work life hard for everyone around her.
    🎉 Hurray for you with the excellent prices on the wardrobe refreshments!!!

Yes, I do want another colonoscopy sooner than 10 years. I'm fearful of cancer, for good reason. Plus, I lost a dear work colleague (under age of 40!) to colon cancer.
    For me, if a colon cancer were to begin next year, they wouldn't find it for 9 years or until I had bleeding and it was advance? Gah.

Also, so much of our medical care is dictated by insurance companies.
    I recently heard a report of two studies that found that there is a difference in findings of polyps between procedures using an anesthesiologist + propofol and findings when there is no anesthesiologist with the doctor doing the colonoscopy procedure doing some other form of sedation.
    More polyps are found/removed with the propofol-anesthesiologist on board.
    Insurance companies don't like paying the bigger bucks for the practices using the anesthesiologist.

Sorry this is so long.

Lana

267.6 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hi, all. Biopsy was pretty easy. Some discomfort with the anesthetic--maybe a 3 on a pain scale. So NBD. Then the procedure itself was painless. Pressure but no discomfort. And when the doc apologized b/c the clipping sound (when they snip the tissue) sounded like "a rat trap," I burst into laughter. They were so surprised. I thought it was hilarious. I've taken Tylenol and have instructions to use ice for 30 min on/off for the next 6 hours. Doc thought the 2 smaller masses were just cysts b/c they seemed to disappear when he inserted the needle, so he "kind of clipped tissue in the area." The 3rd mass he wasn't sure but "hoped" it was benign. So I will not worry until results are definitive--if I need to worry then.

Lana, I write long monologues all the time, so please don't apologize for lengthier posts. I agree that our health care is very compromised by insurance companies, and I agree you are right to be concerned about a 10 year wait. How nice to get good news, though; I'm sure the official report is comforting. I still feel I can't make any plans for sure until I know one way or another and that's just annoying. I'm not anxious, but I worked on my anxiety for many years and I expect a lot of folks would have more anxiety. Plus, really good medication I've been on for 25 years makes a huge difference.

So--can't exercise for 48 hours, which is also annoying. But I can probably walk without irritating my boob. So at least I can do that. Just had taco bell for lunch/dinner and I'm very full. I needed something spicy and with a known calorie count. Won't go over maintenance but might erase most of my deficit--it's the kind of day for that.

Sara, how nice to have a monster-free "vacation" at work. I've left a couple of jobs b/c of people like she seems to be. I admire your ability to tolerate it. That was back when my anxiety was not under control.

Have a great day, folks.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 22
    Options
    Maureen~~

I am glad for you that your breast biopsy procedure was not awful.

I didn't want to mention it until after your procedure, but I had two separate procedures, one on each breast, in 2016 in the heart of NYC. One was a breeze really, but the other was just short of dreadful, done in an uncomfortable position on my stomach, breast hanging through a hole, by a doctor who seemed fresh from Mother Russia in her demeanor and bedside manner. The worst.

So I'm glad that you got through yours easily.

I'm going to edit this post to say that I believe in double mastectomy for anyone at all with a BC diagnosis.
    When I was diagnosed with cancer in both breasts, the worst of it was in the left breast.

I was offered the option of a conservative lumpectomy only in my right breast. I said NO--get rid of both of them. They did.

They analyzed all the tissue from the right breast: they found a 9 mm invasive ductal carcinoma that evaded mammogram and ultrasound.

If you've got it, get rid of everything!!

PS - BC runs in my family. No one has the BRCA gene thing. I do have dense breast tissue, which makes the annual mammograms very hard to read. Very few doctors tell their patients if they have Dense Breasts.

*waving to Canaba Boy Karl for another spicy beverage 🌴*

XOXO
    Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    That second one sounds awful. Sorry you had to go through it.

Your story about the other breast is right on target. My sister 3 was dxd about 7 years ago with DCIS in the left breast; asked for double mastectomy. Insurance denied it and she had a lumpectomy. Got the next level of BC in her right breast 1.5 years later, so then she got her double. (She has been well since but felt some of her cognitive abilities were affected by chemo and has been in disability for a couple of years, doing special therapies to try to regain some of what she had lost. )

• LanaCabana537
    edited May 23
    Options
    Maureen,

I cannot believe that your sister was denied a double mastectomy! If I understood you correctly, "all she had" was DCIS at first? Maybe that was why.

I had DCIS, Lobular Carcinoma and Invasive Ductal Carcinoma all at once in both breasts, after having annual mammograms on dense breasts. They never tell you about dense breast tissue and how that makes mammograms so very hard to read! It's like looking for a tiny tumor in the Milky Way Galaxy.

I experienced the intense disabilities after chemo. I was in therapy at Sloan for 2 years trying to put me back together again. I never could go back to work--too dangerous for a chemo-brained stagehand.

In the thick of it, I couldn't tell a Walk sign from a Don't Walk sign. I would forget how to get home (which subway to take, after living in the city for 35 years.

That was because of adriamycin and cyclophosphamide followed by Taxol. Nasty *kitten*.

I was ER+ PR+ Her2-
    I've been on Letrozole for 7.5 years. It has killed by body.

Positive notes: The root canal went so well today, I almost fell asleep while she was doing it.
    The thunderstorm rolled through NYC well before my appointment, and the sun came out.

Lana

• mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, you have been through it. I’m glad the root canal was so easy!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Hi, all. Missy, I’m getting a crown—was supposed to start yesterday but I haven’t been using my Rx toothpaste and my teeth are all too cold sensitive for the dentist to do what she needs without making me uncomfortable. I need to get that Rx filled.

What’s going on for everyone else?

Lana, when do you expect to hear about the polyp? My biopsy is tomorrow-I took off for the day. And they said 3-5 business days for the results. At least the waiting will be over.

Had a funny wog (walk/jog) today—couldn’t maintain the jogging pace for more than short distances, but it didn’t hurt at all. Will see if I feel the usual after effects tomorrow. Jogging on an unpaved trail makes such a difference. It was pretty warm and I think that slowed me. IDC as long as I can get in some jogging.

My Apple Watch says I burned 800 exercise cals today but MFP says it was just over 200. Haha. But I haven’t eaten much today so I’m going to get some Halo Ice cream and eat the whole pint. I have eaten about 900 and with the exercise, I still have over 800 left by MFP’s count.

Ok, ttfn.

My RX toothpaste expired so I had been using sensosdyne. I got new toothpaste at dentist and have been religiously flossing and brushing 2x a day since. My teeth are sensitive too. Hope the biopsy results come back positive. Definitely agree with Lana if it’s positive I would have a double mastectomy. My mom recently had BC just about a year ago. She had invasive ductile carcinoma. She found the lump before the mammogram. The mammogram didn’t pick it up. When following up with her primary our primary doctor ordered and ultrasound and found it. She would have had a double mastectomy if it wasn’t for the diabetes as the doctors were concerned about infection.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Maureen,

I cannot believe that your sister was denied a double mastectomy! If I understood you correctly, "all she had" was DCIS at first? Maybe that was why.

I had DCIS, Lobular Carcinoma and Invasive Ductal Carcinoma all at once in both breasts, after having annual mammograms on dense breasts. They never tell you about dense breast tissue and how that makes mammograms so very hard to read! It's like looking for a tiny tumor in the Milky Way Galaxy.

I experienced the intense disabilities after chemo. I was in therapy at Sloan for 2 years trying to put me back together again. I never could go back to work--too dangerous for a chemo-brained stagehand.

In the thick of it, I couldn't tell a Walk sign from a Don't Walk sign. I would forget how to get home (which subway to take, after living in the city for 35 years.

That was because of adriamycin and cyclophosphamide followed by Taxol. Nasty *kitten*.

I was ER+ PR+ Her2-
    I've been on Letrozole for 7.5 years. It has killed by body.

Positive notes: The root canal went so well today, I almost fell asleep while she was doing it.
    The thunderstorm rolled through NYC well before my appointment, and the sun came out.

Lana

That’s awful my grandma (mom’s mom) has dense breast had BC twice, her mom had it too. My mom had the genetic testing and there was a variant in there. Sending hugs. Glad to hear root canal went well.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday,

I hardly know what day it is. Just mind numbing hard work on the computer. Nothing new.

I work OT on Saturday morning to take another small bite out of cc that I am "on the cliff" on.

I have the makings coming in groceries or at home, to make chicken sweet potato hand pies and an asian chicken pasta salad.

Oh all this candid discussion on cancer and insurance - dont worry I already know as I try to squeeze pennies out of major insurance companies as a job. And I mean SQUEEZE. I have an image I need to keep to myself.

I hear you asking, what do I do for fun? Organize and flatten Walmart Shopping bags - the gray reuseable ones. I can then take them to my church for the next food closet disbursement.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    lzpl6702gngx.jpeg
    *** May 24 ***

Wow - we made it to Friday!

What is everyone doing this weekend?

I'm going to grill a ton of chicken and various veggies to have on hand for the next week (freeze some too), and get some walking in.

Lana

269.0 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. Sara, you are as wild as me—flattening bags to recycle, haha. Squeezing pennies out of insurance companies sounds hard and worthwhile.

Missy, have your teeth always been sensitive? Mine have. So many childhood cavities despite scrubbing my teeth religiously. And my sibs didn’t have any! Apparently it had something to do with the water a mom drinks when pregnant and/or how acidic one’s mouth is.

I had a lovely walk and jog this morning. Our pool’s grand opening is today and I might go. And might head to a nearby national site, King’s Mountain.

Got to start cooking more again—I need a hobby and can’t seem to make myself eat as I did for the 2-3 years I lost and maintained a weight loss. It was so easy then, an array of foods I enjoyed in appropriate portions. Idk why it’s harder now.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Saturday, May 25th

Just checking in. I'm at LaGuardia, waiting to fly home.

BBL

Lana

266.2 today
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 25
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Good morning. Sara, you are as wild as me—flattening bags to recycle, haha. Squeezing pennies out of insurance companies sounds hard and worthwhile.

Missy, have your teeth always been sensitive? Mine have. So many childhood cavities despite scrubbing my teeth religiously. And my sibs didn’t have any! Apparently it had something to do with the water a mom drinks when pregnant and/or how acidic one’s mouth is.

I had a lovely walk and jog this morning. Our pool’s grand opening is today and I might go. And might head to a nearby national site, King’s Mountain.

Got to start cooking more again—I need a hobby and can’t seem to make myself eat as I did for the 2-3 years I lost and maintained a weight loss. It was so easy then, an array of foods I enjoyed in appropriate portions. Idk why it’s harder now.

They haven’t always been sensitive and didnt have a cavity until I turned 25 then usually had a cavity or two every year or every other year since then. I do have acid reflux so dentist is thinking I need to take my acid reflux meds everyday regardless if I fell like it’s acting up. I’ve lost almost 4 pounds now. Hoping to keep it up once new crown is in but then will be short term as I’ll have to have a molar extracted. Going to be a “fun” summer.

And I’m the same way I was really good a few years back but then idk what happened.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning all. A nice walk with my eldest and the dogs this a.m., although the forest was packed, I tell ya—we saw 3 other vehicles and two walkers passed us! Haha. I’m so spoiled.

I’m heading to target to find a swim suit. I plan to start walking to the pool, starting a strength training routine, getting in a little swim, and walking home. It will make a nice evening routine.

Still waiting on biopsy results.

Have a good day and a peaceful Memorial Day. I will visit the national
    Site tomorrow in honor of our fallen heroes.