Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Hey Y'all~~

Just a quick check-in.

Sara - I hope work gets better somehow.

Maureen - Sending good vibes to feel better very soon.

Welcome Chloe and waves to Missy!!!!

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Hi, all. Welcome @Chloe2181

Missy, nice pic.

I stayed home from work today. Drove straight to clinic after work yesterday, I felt so poorly. Provider did a breathing tx that helped a lot and loaded me up on allergy stuff/rx. Inhaler, a 2nd allergy pill to take with the one I already take, and fluonase. I woke up feeling so tired and ill, and knew I needed a day of rest. So hard for me to do. But I’ve napped off and on and still don’t feel energetic, but at least not as awful as before. Lost my sense of taste and smell, but no Covid (I’ve always lost smell/taste with colds, and I did test for Covid).

Anyway, I’m hoping to feel well enough to work tomorrow. Sitting around doesn’t suit me — makes me feel sore and apathetic, even if I need it. Can’t wait to have some energy. I’ve been dragging for a few weeks now.

I hope everyone else is feeling great and ki look forward to joining you.

It’s a google pic lol 😂 unfortunately the area I was in it wasn’t like that.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Missy, google pics are fine. The more, the merrier.

I’m finally feeling better—yesterday was exhausting. I got in a bit of a jog today, which is nice but with my bad knees, it is really hard. The only thing more difficult would be not running at all.

Now I’m just waiting for bedtime, haha. Tired from the work out, which is much better than being tired bc of illness.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    edited April 12
    Options
    Happy almost Friday,

Saw eclipse on TV at lunch here at work (nice big tv screen). On our dept chat board, I posted that it is not often I get mooned at lunch. Took awhile for that one to register. Just rolling my eyes.

Week has been above average in the insane dept at work. Focusing on sleep and the colors of Spring and the squirrels and other animals I can see.

I have been trying (though not always) to get 7k this week. Wednesday I had off and did so little I wont even tell you my step count.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    oyyplyrk4siw.jpeg
    *** April 12 ***

Hey Y'all~~

Checking in.
    ....will go back and read after I've gotten some coffee!

*waving at Cabana Boy for some black coffee 🌴*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    604tz872vah0.jpeg
    *** April 14 ***

It's 4PM right now, and I am Hungry, Angry, and Tired. Dinner isn't for another 2 hours?
    Time to scrounge for fruit and other snacks.

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, are you still traveling?

I made a mistake Saturday that cost me the day on Sunday. I had really bad heartburn and chugged some Milk of Magnesia (thick) instead of Pepto-Bismol. I know the difference, but I didn't think the amount I drank was enough to cause a problem.

It was, I had to spend all day Sunday inside and near a bathroom.

But it is so gorgeous here this week that I'm able to enjoy the time I missed outside. I ran Saturday and Tuesday--and am scheduling what I hope will be bilateral knee replacement for this summer.

I'm getting better at eating a bit less again; it's taken 3 years, haha. But at least it seems to be happening. And I'm down 7 lbs from when I started. It's been almost 3 months but that's not too bad given I had the calorie counter set for .5 lbs a week.

I hope y'all are doing well. Toodles.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    I just moved my goal to 1 lb a week. Surgery scheduled for 7/17 tentatively, right knee. I’m still going to try to get it switched to bilateral. But it might not happen that way.

• mkculs13
    Options
    A tough short jog, and now I’m about to cough up a lung. How long does it take for allergy mends to kick in any way? It’s been 10 days and my head doesn’t feel clear and running shouldn’t make me cough like this. Blah.

A gorgeous day and I’m looking forward to the Highland Games here. Should be fun.

I am not exhausted for the first time in like 6-8 weeks. I went to even earlier than my 7:30 bedtime, fell asleep pretty quickly, and slept about 9 hours, waking before my alarm. Fatigue is also one of my main allergy symptoms. So it felt good to get the rest. I hate being awakened by an alarm.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Work is insane and we are up to our eyeballs in "so much fun".

I am taking the time to get my 7k so that my wayward eating is balanced a little.

Lana I hope you found some snacks.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TGIF - for those who have today as Friday - celebrate.

Work is slightly wacko (compared to what? I know). I have a meeting with the Manager to check in. I will ask if my Sup is digging for crap on me in audits. I got one this week from May of last year, so I wonder why.

Time for Grandma to get her eye candy.

Amazon boxes came today - some functional, some not.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    u55q2uynqhfj.jpeg
    *** April 20 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - How did the meeting with your manager go?
    As for "eye candy", are you watching soccer, or are there persons of interest in your neighborhood? Maybe the landscaping crew? 😁

I am very much looking forward to getting home (late Monday night). This has been a fabulous vacation with my bestie, but I am tired and looking forward to being in my own home.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana 🌴
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, where?

I haven’t been able to taste anything for days. I’ve eaten more crap in the search for flavor than I ever do. So yesterday will cause a delay in reaching any goals. What’s done is done.

I was out quite a bit today and moving some—Highlands folk festival. Hot as sin. My eldest went with me and has a lower tolerance for heat, so we left early. I have a weekend pass and will go back tomorrow.

I found a contrdance group here in Charlotte I plan to join. Should be fun.

Sara, your boss has been a piece of work for a long time. Any end in sight? I’m always hoping—for your sake—she gets promoted to a different office.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Sunday,

I am so happy you had a great time Lana.

Dragon has given us her vacation schedule and she is taking off more than she used to.... not sure why. Manager meeting is Tuesday.

I am cooking pasta for cream sauce with spinach/mushrooms/chicken penne pasta. Less salt that frozen foods big time.

Eye candy ? Lana if there was eye candy anywhere other than online I would let you know......

• mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, the monster will be gone MORE? That's like an extra vacation for you, right? woo-hoo.

I'm waiting to be able to pick up an antibiotic for my sinus infection. It will be so nice to feel NORMAL again. 7 weeks or more is too long to feel low energy and not be able to taste or smell.

And I'm hesitant to run--it caused some issues last time. BUT, I really want to, and don't want to lose all my conditioning before surgery. So I'll try to get out again today.

I hope y'all are doing well.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good afternoon all~~

Sara - sending you good vibes for the manager meeting today.

Maureen - I hope that the antibiotic does its job pronto!

I'm going to make some soup and try to take a nap.

🌴 Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

270.8 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, where were you with your friend?

I’ve had 2 doses of the antibiotic and no change yet. Still can’t taste or smell. I have the occasional olfactory hallucination—a whiff of coffee usually. And no coffee around. So odd.

Of course now I want coffee but it’s too late and what’s the point?

I’m waiting until 6 pm to go to bed. Jem keeps waking me early. Between my bad allergies and bad knees, he hasn’t gotten enough exercise, and me either. Can’t wait to feel better. Dragging myself to work and being cheerful and sage 8 hours a day is gonna kill me, haha.

Hope you are all doing ok.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 25
    Options
    Good evening,

Late for me but fell asleep early.

Meeting with manager went well. She was checking in with a couple of people in the department. We have our annual review coming soon and dragon is telling us how to score her. I dont like to be told how to vote or rate people. I will be a little less harsh but my Sup left it way too late to decide that her scores matter

I realized there are not enough clean dishes to get through tomorrow. So dishwasher is running - my neighbor upstairs should be home by now and always makes noise, so too bad.

Lana - Glad to see you have survived your adventure with your friend. Always worth doing even if it takes a couple of days to regroup.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    o0npdnyen2a1.jpeg
    *** April 25 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I hear you on the disliking being told how to rate something. Is this rating business something new?

Maureen - You must feel awful if you can't smell or taste anything. I assume you were tested for Covid. Covid aside, they should do a culture test to pinpoint what exactly you have so they can give the proper
    antibiotic. (I ran into this situation with a UTI recently.)

The trip I went on was a cruise from Tampa to Los Angeles. 14 days was a really long time to be on a ship. Thank goodness we got along very well. I am glad to be home, looking at green things and listening to the birds sing away.

I came home one pound lighter than when I left. Whew~~

Lana

270.2 today
  • jcawelti
    jcawelti Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey all…not part of ww either but have been doing my fitness pal on and off for years. Honestly kinda struggling trying to lose some weight and haven’t found much support here. Hoping to find some. I work out regularly and have really changed eating habits but it hasn’t translated into any weight loss. A bit lost.