Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Happy Pi Day. I'm being lazy and resting my legs. Watching what I eat. Same old, same old.

Have a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Happy PI day!! Soup is on stove - I used some instant potatoes a neighbor gave me so it is a cream potato/carrot and parsnip soup with a can of chili with beans. I am waiting for the carrots to soften in the oven so I can mash them.

Subject on MFP - latest NSV, for me able to get over 6k steps at least 5 days a week.

Need to scoot back to kitchen.

Wishing all a goodnight, stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,872 Member
    Options
    kaj0mf2eogq0.jpeg
    2rbfn6nxtgjg.png

*** March 15th ***
    Beware!

Lana

267.6 today
    269.6 highest
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Had a busy weekend - got 18,000 steps each day! Saturday Saturday spent much of day in woods collecting sap.
    Yes - I know I owe you some pictures, I will do that soon. Sunday I helped a friend distribute leaflets - she is running for Judge. Got lots of steps in. My body hurts today.
    You would think my weight would start better this week than others. It did not. Today is 3/15. My goals were to be to 189 by 3/31 - I am going to have to work a bit harder on that. Reduce alcohol - I have had a glass of wine on 3 occasions this month so far. My goals was no more than 4 - so....I will have to really plan out my fourth LOL.
    I did increase my steps thanks to this weekend.
    Have a great Monday. I will beware!
    ~Lynn

CW 194.6
    HW - 207
    GW - 189
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted here for a while but I just wanted to pop in and say HAPPY MONDAY to everyone here :smile:
    I've been doing pretty good except for some late night snacking. I have a hard time after 8pm and I want something sweet or something salty or something terrible. I'm working on it! Before writing this I went to the fridge for a snack and I slammed the door and told myself "YOU'RE NOT HUNGRY, YOU'RE JUST BORED" and walked away. I'm pretty proud of that moment, if I'm honest. So here's to good week!

If anyone is looking for an accountability buddy, feel free to add me!

SW 219.4
    CW 214. 6
    GW 170
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

My afternoon nap was long..... too warm to get out.

My soup would be soup if I thinned it out with milk. Tastes good so I dont care.

Lady - I know people who had a "the kitchen is closed" sign either in their kitchen or in their mind - good for you doing it once is a great beginning.

Lana thank you for keeping me with the normal people - for me it is Monday. I did have it right that Julius Caesar is connected to this.

I am knitting another prayer shawl the church asked if I would. I am also making another batch of cookies - these are pb/choc chip/oatmeal. Bake sale to raise money. Idleness would make me seriously bananas.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    4vdfp9bj4hqb.jpeg
    *** March 16th ***

Good morning All~~

Lynn - I just now saw my reminder in my calendar to check in with my March goals at mid-month. I am not losing the way I would want, but no sense being hard on myself.

Hello to Lady 👋🏻

Sara - do what you have to do in order to not go seriously bananas! 💗

Waving to Tracy and Maureen and Runa and Missy and Rivkeh and Dawn and anyone else who stops by later on~~

I have to take my car in for its annual spa day and inspection. Of course it's a rainy miserable day, and it's cold!!! Winter is back in NC. Boohoo 😥

Lana
  • ladychr0nic
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1
    I should totally put a sign on my fridge! I had a calendar that I was writing my weight on it so I could look at it whenever I went to the fridge, but I took it down because my friend was coming over. I should put it back up!
    I stepped on the scale this morning for a little mid week check in and I'm up :( I did this last week too where I had gained mid week and then ended up losing 2.4 pounds anyway after a couple good days of tracking. It's crazy how different your weight can change.
    So here's to another good couple days to change the scale!
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Cabana Crew,

Countdown to conference. We will hit the road at 2 am on Thursday.

@LanaCabana537
    I had checks to write and have countersigned. I will keep up with them and hand them to our Senior Regent during each march of checks. We have ritual donations to make. Most of my getting ready is done--I have the three door prizes ready to take plus six bottles of alcohol for the Cheer Wagon raffle (I won in the fall, so I'm donating back some of the bottles that I won't use. Regifting for the win!).

I have done all my laundry and put the clothes I will take into a spare basket. Tonight, I will go through and make sure I have everything before I put it in my suitcase. My jewelry is packed. Normally, I don't wear jewelry, but there are certain Moose jewelry items that are expected to be seen.

Final items to pack are: Water and snacks. Of course these are the most important, but I will not get them done until tomorrow.

Last Monday, I cleared pecan saplings out of my flower bed and now I have a wicked case of poison ivy over about 60 percent of my face and neck. Couple of spots on my right arm and right side. Got a shot for it Saturday. The shot helped, but did not clear it or keep it from spreading. Yesterday, I picked up a steroid dose pack. Hoping it doesn't derail my progress toward health.

Strong storms moving in for me today. Chance of tornadoes. Lana, you can probably expect rain over the weekend.

Make the best choices you can in your situation. P.S. I will not be following that advice during conference. :)

SW 230.4 - March 1st
    CW 223.2
    GW 200 - June 1st
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    Tracey - good luck with the conference AND poison ivy. Prednisone helped me the one time I got it bad. Took Prednisone and then Benadryl at night to sleep :smile: I hope it heals quickly. Have fun this weekend!
    Hello Lady! My weight too fluctuates quite a bit during the week. I weigh daily, but keep close eyes on those highs and lows for progress.
    Sara - glad you keep yourself busy. You have much more ambition than I :wink:
    Lana - good morning! Hope your day warms!

CW 193.4
    HW 207
    GW 189.

~Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh my goodness Tracy - I cannot imagine how awful it is to have poison ivy on your face and neck!!! I hope you get over it soon and I hope you have a very good Moose weekend!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Last of the soup until I break into the frozen servings. Potato soup is not light in calories but I could do much worse. 6k is done and water was pretty good.

Another temp is about ready to leave department, I am trying to get her to speak to manager...... Monster is gone for 3 days so a vacation for all. How nice.

Our cafe at work looks like it will open pretty soon. Nice to have things like chicken teriyaki and salads again. It will cost a little more $$ but those things I usually take some home for dinner.

Mid month - no money to manage yet, eating better and scale is down most of the week, eyebrows are doing well and mascara is next. Not a complete show stopping success, but going in the right direction.

Off to knit. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    j335lhj1io43.jpeg

☘️☘️☘️ St. Patrick's Day ☘️☘️☘️

Good morning all~~

Just getting us going~~

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

267.2 today
    269.6 highest
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Ack! I didn't log in yesterday. Dang. Oh, well. Happy St. Patrick's Day--and it's my birthday. 62 today and not worrying about what I ate Sunday-Wed this week. Trying to get some exercise but running has sucked. And it snowed again after all of it had melted. Bummed but I know the end of ice is near. Just gotta hang in there.

My house is totally disrupted--trying to live in a house that is on the market SUCKS. I've never done it--moved first. More $ but so much less stress.

Enjoy your day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Boss gone for first day, so quiet at work its freaky.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    9z3vebxfefth.jpeg
    *** March 18th ***

Good morning All~~

Maureen - Belated birthday wishes 🎉

Sara - enjoy the quiet at work! It must be heavenly ~~

My sister-in-law has re-joined Weight Watchers. She is very motivated and excited at the moment, and I almost jumped in with her (that enticement of each of us getting one month free if she refers me). However, I do realize that I am too distracted now with the You Know What to have the energy and patience to do all of the planning and logging/tracking of the points required to make WW work. Also, they seem to be constantly changing the program, which irks me. Ugh.
    I remember decades ago when their program pretty much followed the American Diabetic Assoc. guidelines for healthy eating. Sigh.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Maureen - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! How fun to have it on St. Patty's day - lots of green beer in your past? :wink:
    I did have a great meal of corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots. Delish. Love that meal. Salt content high, so I am sure the scale will reflect for a couple of days.
    Hurt my back yesterday. Nothing out of normal in activity. Pretty sure made a muscle or nerve angry. Hurts non stop. Hoping chiro will call me back soon. hate that.
    Sara - enjoy your quiet days at work.
    Lana - maybe you can glean enough off your SIL until you are ready, then see if you want to join.
    Have a great one!
    ~Lynn
  • ladychr0nic
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!

@LanaCabana537
    I was on WW a couple times and I find tracking with MFP so much easier. It has such a huge data base and then you don't have to calculate the points. I lost a lot of weight with WW but I found it harder to maintain afterwards. MFP also has this community which I am learning is SO supportive.

@brennerjlb
    I'm sorry about your back! That's just the worse, and can ruin your exercise efforts. Hopefully it heals up soon!

I've been doing pretty good. Tracking everything, even if it's bad. Yesterday I didn't eat much during the day so I could have mac'n'cheese at dinner :) worth it! That's what I love about MFP. It doesn't restrict you from what you love, as long as you're in a caloric deficit and stay under your calories. I made up for it by having a super healthy lunch and breakfast. The scale has been funky all week, going up and down, left right and centre. Usually I just weigh in once a week but sometimes I weigh in mid week to find some motivation. Hopefully it stays in the right direction on my weigh in day tomorrow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cold and rainy but it is March and we always need rain.

Lana- I know the temptation with WW. I did very well on it, but it was hard to find a class and the $$ is not something I can do right now. I just googled the American Diabetic Association and they have recipes....

Lynn - oooh no !! I hate back aches. Are you able to do heating pads and/or over the counter meds?? I hope it improves quickly.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.