Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    https://crystalcreamery.com/products/ice-cream/fun-favorites/

check old fashioned lemon pie - yes I have some yesterday. Wish they had a smaller unit of ice cream.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hey Lana on phone call hold, let us know whats up with NOOM cost how it works etc.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    hi all - had a heck of a time getting on here today. Kept telling me I did not have permission.
    Missy - congrats on 5 lb!
    Lana - I know some people who found Noom to be successful. Costs some $, but they are able to be accountable online somehow - I never found that easy. And I am packing my backs = headed to the Cabana now.
    Sara - OK - so...I want you to start humming, quietly at first, then start body swaying, and then get louder and louder until you finally hit a crescendo...sing a couple of words out loud and then abruptly stop. All in the name of driving the poor jerk next to you over the edge LOL! I am sorry though you have someone like that next to you.
    Kathryn - that is a lot on one weekend. You can vent! But also this is when we have to be so very thankful for our health and lives. I hope it turns out ok for all. Maybe this will be the final straw for friends DD to leave that guy. It is amazing what abusive relationships can "make" one do.
    All others - waves as you swing by. I will be lurking if it continues to allow me permission.
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Oh - Birdie - I missed your response - Easter is pretty low key for me. My mom reserves Mothers day and requires us to all be with her then, in exchange she tells everyone they can be with other side of families for Easter. So my hubbies is a nice low key get together, not many people. So i will bring veggies and chomp on them all day! (: good luck with the meal prep - that is alot of people!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Oh Lynn I wish I knew all the words to "I did it my way!!". I am laughing at work about your idea.

Kathryn, find your best blanket, favorite movie, aromatherapy, hot bath --- just for you something that you find comfort in. Imagine if your neighbor with kidney stones had not gone to hosp..... you have been a rock for so many people this weekend. Time to give yourself something too.

Oops at work. Vultures are out on Mondays - rotten things. Lurking with Lynn........
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Sara - that would be a PERFECT song!
  • tammer1974
    tammer1974 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yessssss! This is my ummmm, millionth time starting!!! I need some friends, I'm hoping that will help me (and hopefully you too) stay on track!! Let's do this peeps
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    If we are doing requests I am currently not humming "highway to he11" at work
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sara~~

Hey All~~
    I am thinking about giving NOOM a try, what with their 14-day free trial; looking for more information with my morning coffee~~

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

I almost signed up for the free trial. Until, they wanted my CC# and stated, I would automatically be charged $200.00 at end of trial, unless I cancelled. Well, i'm terrible at remembering things like that... so, did not sign up...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathy-wow! I don't know what to say to all that. Except, agree 100% with those giving ideas. Huge hugs to you!
  • arniedog74
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Having some struggles, myself. Pup related. She started having seizures, again. Every day. Pretty bad. She is on Thyroid pills and Liver meds. Seemed to stop them. So, was unexpected. Dr recommended, starting Potassium Bromide (better because of liver issues) she had 2 full doses and 1 half (AM/PM) After full doses, she seemed to have lost her mind. Walking around, running into things (can't see) Dr thinks, possible mild stroke. She recommended, stop Potassium for couple days then, lower dose. She doesn't think it's "time" I brought her home at lunch. Come home this evening, to DH freaking out, because she was walking into things. He thinks it is time. We finally ordered some CBD oil. I would like to try it for a bit, before we decide. Just waiting for it to be delivered. I just don't want to jump to any rash decisions. I also, do not want her to suffer.... i'm just torn..

Sorry... my turn to be Debbie Downer.. which, Kathy, you were not BTW
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9267 total steps

got to try out my new umbrella - maintenance man said his was bigger than the one I brought home from work, so I took out my new pretty teal one and he agreed mine was prettier......and free so that was nice too.

Dawn, wowie I am glad you have time and a dr lined up if things get worse. Hug Pup for me.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - So sorry!! Vent on! and Hugs to you.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Kathryn, I agree to vent about things like you have is not shunned here as it tells us of the stress of your life. Hope you are able to live in a "lower gear" for awhile. When it rains it pours though, doesnt it.

Sliced strawberries for yogurt, bought a 2 pound box at Asian Store, they are so large and I am trying to eat them before they go bad. Had a frozen entree yesterday for lunch that was spicier than I expected. Needed to eat as I got stuck on a phone call with insurance company for longer than I had planned. Rest of weeks lunches are mild luckily.

Taking gift to work for coworker's mother. Her mother bought me a nice Christmas present and she is having surgery next week and there are crossword and word find books and word puzzle books, facials and chocolates. When the coworker balks I will tell her she may need some of these items caring for her mother......

Time to get back on the "world's treadmill". Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Tuesday
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    Dawn - I am sorry you are going through this with your pup! I hope CBD works. Good luck and give lots of hugs and kisses while you still have him.
    Rainy day this am here. Grass is really getting green though!
    Lurking - Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,870 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Bad, bad weekend.
    First - Friday a neighbor had massive heart attack. Is on vent, has pump to let his heart rest, and in medical coma right now. Second - Saturday morning - good friend's DD with abusive BF, if that not bad enough on its own, my friend gets call from DD - from jail. Both DD and BF arrested for burglary of a church. That girl was the last person in the entire world I would ever think of ending up in jail. Lastly - good friend and close neighbor rushed to hospital with what he thought were kidney stones. It was an abdominal aortic rupture. They immediately rushed into emergency surgery. They thought they had him stabilized but he started bleeding again and he passed away on Sunday afternoon. Everyone is in shock.
    I was looking forward to getting into work and back to some sort of normalcy. Found out this morning one of my guys has viral meningitis and will be out for awhile. We are all hoping he was not contagious while he was at work.
    When it rains, it pours.
    Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but just needed to vent a little. I'm exhausted. Its been a lot to deal with in a short amount of time.

Kathryn - Thank you for telling us what's been going on. That is so much bad, bad news all at the same time. How awful.
    You did well by posting it all here. That's why we are all together here.
    Big Big hugs and love being sent your way.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Glad I had my umbrella to put back in my desk drawer, poured cats and dogs in the parking lot.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - so sorry to hear about your pup. I don't know what else helpful to say. Big hugs dear.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

My life is exploding a bit too much. I'm trying to buy a car; it's time--I need one. Having some complications with insurance, and I have to get DH (out in Vegas) to be involved.
    Meanwhile, he is going through some very awful things yesterday and today himself, so getting him to help me get my car in North Carolina may not go well or happen as soon as I want. Crossing fingers.

Because of current drama, my investigation of NOOM is on hold. I admit I was a little scared off by what Dawn said about the money. I may try it once the car thing gets done.

I hope we all have something really good happen for each of us today - we need some balance to all of this bad juju.

Lana

246.4 today again (Walking 5+ miles yesterday had no effect, boo hoo)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal