Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am officially sprinkling good luck pixie dust over everyone in this group! I hope all these issues turn out for the good! I wish I could help - other than "listening" and offering any suggestions on here that is needed.
    On a bright note. I broke the 190 mark officially today! I have not done by stats at bottom for a while - here they are.

189.4 CW
    209 ATH
    197 my most recent high mark
    170 GW by wedding - August 2019.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    10002 steps today my revenge for the ascot kissing coworkers. They all got cards saying how wonderful they are.... one is nicknamed crusty and sour face, so it must be the ascot kissing. I was ready to barf so I got a Hershey's caramel peanut pretzel candy bar and before I bought 2 vowed to get 10K steps in. Will start looking for state employment seriously again if nothing else it makes me feel better as I am job searching.

Bedding being washed compliments of Miss T - and we both win because I sleep better the detergent is Lavender scented.....

Neighbor at work likes to use his desk like a set of drums, just wish he did it louder so more people could hear it and they would complain, my complaining is pointless.

Hug your dogs those who have them - cats too if they will let you.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lynn - Congrats on breaking the 190 milestone! Awesome news.

Dawn - So sorry about the Pup - Virtual hug!

Night all - Capital budget has me tapped! this was a 13 hour day.
    Suzu
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I appreciate your thoughts and hugs. This evening was rough. Pup is now like having a baby that just learned to walk. I watched (and, corralled) her for over an hour. I made the decision to try Phenobarb. I am afraid, it's too late. Will see how night/ morning goes. Still waiting on CBD. People sell, locally not the dog one. Not sure the difference. Trying to give her a couple days to see if it helps. But, I do not want to see her suffer....

Sorry, I was typing a long response to everyone and lost it. Too tired to type all again. I appreciate you all. HUGS Thank you all, again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dawn Miss T has been on phenobarb for 2 years? Can only try and see how it works. Better than watching and not being able to do anything.

Telemarketing phone calls right before 9 woke me up. I had newly washed warm blankets and yes I did fall asleep until 2 telemarketing phone calls. Sleep at that point was not easy, so I am hoping for a little more before dog walk.

Lynn - thank you for the pixie dust, it all helps.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    vru7gxpqheqa.png
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing okay, I haven't looked back at the entries I have missed.

Sorry I have been MIA, I kinda fell off the wagon for a while :( but it is time to get back on, my bday is next week & I am not getting any younger so as the saying goes...you have to "Kitten" or get of the pot so to speak!

So here is my story now...

As some of you know I had stopped my morning workouts due to dietitian's advice... & since last Oct I have gained 30 lbs (I also quit smoking around the same time well on the 24th of Oct). I am now in the process of convincing myself to start getting up at 4:30 am again to walk on the treadmill /do a workout video on opposite days. I have a wedding to prepare for and gaining 30 lbs is definitely putting me in the opposite direction I want to be going! So my new plan is going to be...before my workout each morning I will eat 1 small banana and will have 1 bowl of cereal before leaving the house which should sustain me until lunch. So in the past I have been able to eat my lunch at my desk at work, recently that privilege has been discontinued due to the nature of my position my manager feels it is unacceptable to continue eating at my desk. With that said I always take a walk during my lunch time, 1 hour & 15 min which = about 4 miles sometimes a little more. I refuse to stop or shorten my walk just so I can eat...so the past 2 weeks I have been taking an english muffin with 1 egg & turkey bacon, regular bacon, back bacon or sausage with a slice of cheese on it, and an apple. I eat this while I am on my walk & if I feel myself getting hungry in the afternoon I drink soup broth watered down bc it is very high in sodium. I am kind of getting tired of this & was thinking of trying other options like...1 grilled chicken breast (or some kind of meat about 100 grams), .5 cup cottage cheese or yogurt & berries, 1 boiled egg, and some kind of veggie and of course my apple. I would appreciate some other suggestions that I can eat on the go that will fill me up. - Thank you in advance! :)

Wave to all who follows

~Saltine~ >:)
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,867 Member
    Options

Peep.
    Tired.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dawn Miss T has been on phenobarb for 2 years? Can only try and see how it works. Better than watching and not being able to do anything.

Telemarketing phone calls right before 9 woke me up. I had newly washed warm blankets and yes I did fall asleep until 2 telemarketing phone calls. Sleep at that point was not easy, so I am hoping for a little more before dog walk.

Lynn - thank you for the pixie dust, it all helps.

Wave to all who follow.

Sara- one concern with Pheno is it can cause liver issues. Pup is already on liver meds. So, we were trying to go a different route. But, ever since we started her on the Potassium, she's really gone downhill. Really thinking of stopping both. I just don't know if that's a good idea. She has not had anymore seizures, since switching from Potassium to Pheno. She is just not herself. We did get the CBD in mail, today. I have given her a couple doses. Not sure how long it will take to know if it is helping. I don't think we will be able to give her long. We both agree, she is suffering and its selfish to keep her. Just trying one last thing...

There should not be telemarketing calls before noon. I've tried to be put on the "no call list" seem to get even more calls...

Hope things at work get better, soon. I vote for the signing and dancing, too...hehe
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Saltine- welcome back! Sounds like you have a great plan to get back on track. You'll get there!

Lynn- thanks for Pixie Dust! Way to go on WI! Woo hoo!

Lana- peep and hugs to you! Hope you can get car issue figured out before you get too stressed out.

Suzu/stutba- thank you!
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sara, so sorry got your name wrong. Maybe I should just stick with display names.
    Trying to become more personalized and looks like I’m struggling 😞
    Birdie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9117 total steps.

Birdie -Lana is the one who is good at remembering names of posters, so I am not offended. Suzu and I are probably similar age and retirement is not too far away, so it applied to both of us anyway. Some people post like you ending with their name which helps me tremendously, but I forget most of the time.

Dawn - hugs to you and dog.

Saltine- thank you for stopping by. Keep up the good work.

I am ready to throw my landline out the window 5 phone calls in a half hour. What is this? All quiet until after Tax deadline day and it has been nuts since. Someone on my knitting board posted an answering machine that stops all the extra phone calls. It is a possibility.

Ready to curl up with Miss T and read - will have to check phone calls until they stop at 9.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Night all - another loooong day. Will be so glad when these budget numbers get turned in and some semblance of normalcy returns! Thanks to all for the good wishes!
    Birdie - I had to laugh! - I confess to keeping a notepad by my laptop and jotting down everyone's name when they happen to mention them.
    Saltine - Nice to meet you!
    Sara - Yep we are probably around the same age. I will be 65 in the fall and plan to retire at 66. My husband swears I will be dinging off the walls within a month (and I fear he is right), so I might do some PRN work after.
    Storms rolling in about 4A, so I am hopping in the bed. Early morning.
    Sweet dreams everyone - suzu
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Suzu - When will you know if the budget worked / when is your deadline? I get all the retirement planning junk mail, I am willing to offer my next employer if it comes to that 10 years of employment - 9 will make me 65 but my work history has been sketchy. There is a connection between dementia and not doing anything after retirement, so do something!!! In another life I worked with the elderly so I keep my toes in the water when it comes to research etc on elderly issues.

Almost Friday. Lady at work said if she could get $$ for an assistant she would hire me give me a raise and get me out of that department. Not sure how well that would work, but appreciated the compliment. Neighbor is job hunting with state so I got some pointers, things have become so electronic that I wanted to know who the process worked, how people got contacted etc.

Lurking from work. I had to ask, when dont I?? Vultures overhead - then I dont.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    I am officially sprinkling good luck pixie dust over everyone in this group! I hope all these issues turn out for the good! I wish I could help - other than "listening" and offering any suggestions on here that is needed.
    On a bright note. I broke the 190 mark officially today! I have not done by stats at bottom for a while - here they are.

189.4 CW
    209 ATH
    197 my most recent high mark
    170 GW by wedding - August 2019.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Lynn - Thank you very much for the Pixie Dust for all of us!

Congratulations on your milestone/breakthrough! I know how important such things are. Good for you!!!

*Lana following Lynn around now, taking notes*

💖
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I still have to read back more and catch up.

*waving to Luiz for more coffee*

Lana

244.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Sorry to hear that the work-neighbor is noisy. Are you able to say something directly to him? He is probably clueless.

Looking for a position with the state could be good--I hope you can make some time for the job-hunting.

Give Miss Tillie a squishy hug for me~~

Lana
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So I broke my phone and was sick for like two days. I probably even made myself sick with worry about failing a class this semester and just not eating well this week :disappointed: who knows... usually I'm a nervous eater but I guess I'm usually not this upset.