Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Lynn, my lead is lazy and wants us all to have things her way so its easier for her........
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Good morning all~~

I am scheduled to do my first Meetup today with a 55+ ladies walking group, which I can easily get to now with the car. They are doing a 3-mile walk on a not-flat terrain. I'll be sensible and let them go ahead of me if necessary.

Lana

245.2 today
    250.0 highest
    227.0 adjusted lofty goal for Beach House in June
    185.0 goal
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your pup Dawn...

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend though. For me the "church and large family meal" holiday went down without a hitch. Also there has been a lack of tempting leftover candy surrounding me this year? Maybe the Easter Bunny is looking out for me this time ;)

I had a bad fight with my roommate over money that she owes me (money fights are the worst aren't they) so I was too angry to deal with her for long while grabbing my lunch. So I just grabbed the entire container of pinto beans and rice I made over the weekend, a bowl, and just ran back to my office for refuge. My other roommate has also had issues with her so I'm expecting some amount of fall out. sighs.

Suzu- good luck on your business venture!
    Sara- Good luck with your job search (?) as well.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great plan Lana!
    And Sara that is too bad. I am a "boss" but really strive to be fair and try to understand everyone has their strengths and weaknesses - including me. Failure to do that just leads to turnover. I hope it gets better.

191.2 today- back over the 190, but to be honest, I am ok with that as I "let it go" this weekend and drank and ate :smile: I deserve it. Will get back under asap!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    farmers market at work had cookies I am sharing and lavender essential oil and spray which helps me sleep......;)
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all -
    Lana, Love the walking groups. They can be a great motivator. Excited for you.
    Lynn - I love making old things with dings smile again! I have not had the nerve to get on the scale this week! I think I may let this settle a couple of days.
    Sara - hope things get more tolerable.

Waves to all!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lynn- never late. Thank you. You'll be back down before you know it!

Marselli- thank you as well... money fights are definitely the worst. Hope you can get things cleared up, soon.

Tracey- mmmm cheesecake...yummmm

Sara- glad you found some goodies at farmers Market...

Lana- hope you enjoy your walking group and your new car!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9051 total steps

had discussion with Sup and when I told her what was going on with my sight and that I was going to get a Dr note - she was whole heartedly in favor of getting me whatever I needed at work as I have been not working so hard because of the eye strain consequences. so something moving in the right direction.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Washed window and window sill yup well over due. Did laundry and took dog out at dusk - got hit in face by bugs. Dog has mosquito repellent in her flea meds - why cant they do that for humans??

Will work on letter for Dr at work, as it is a work related issue.

Have window open it is the time of year when you can actually open the windows and have it accomplish something. Might as well while I can.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking, lurking, lurking later.
  • MapleSugarPopp
    MapleSugarPopp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am back on here for the umpteenth time - going to try very hard to make my health a priority in my life again. I lost 30 lbs two years ago and it’s all back.

Looking for motivation to stick with it.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

No one showed up for the Meetup walk yesterday, so I did it by myself. I'll call this Trail #1; it is too hilly and too long for me to finish (3 miles out and back), so I did as much of it as I could and turned around before the end.

Today I am going to explore Trail #2, because it is a bit shorter (2.5 mile loop) and maybe more flat. On Wednesday mornings a Meetup group walks this trail.

Sara, I hope that good things come of your talking to supervisor and letting her know more.

Marselli - money fights ARE the worst.

Waving to Lynn and Suzu and Dawn and Maple Sugar and all who stop by later on....

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    227.0 interim goal end of June
    185.0 goal
  • marsellilove
    Options
    Also lurking from work hehehe

Lana ah I'm jealous, I love being out walking real terrain over the treadmill any day. My closest trail is still underwater and the long flat trail is getting ready to close for gator mating season... chomp chomp.

Hello Maple Sugar!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Meghan - wow that image was alarming - and then I forgot you are in Florida.
  • marsellilove
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sara- the trail in question is Payne's Prairie and I've actually had to step over gators a few times. I think it's a 6 mile total (back and forth) trail and there is no tree cover so by the time it opens again it'll be BOILING cries. But most of it is board walk so it's fairly easy even with the heat.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Also lurking from work hehehe

Lana ah I'm jealous, I love being out walking real terrain over the treadmill any day. My closest trail is still underwater and the long flat trail is getting ready to close for gator mating season... chomp chomp.

Hello Maple Sugar!

Holy Cannoli!!!! I do not like Gators!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Marselli -

Where exactly are you in Florida?

In my "First Life/First Husband" the entire family Loved all of Florida, as do I. Please move me there, especially onto the Keys!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

So that is why I'm in North Carolina. That is as far south as I could get DH to move. So we have freezing winters and not-Florida Weather.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    l0fqknemsoxy.png

bet they dont look like this in Florida
  • marsellilove
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Marselli -

Where exactly are you in Florida?

In my "First Life/First Husband" the entire family Loved all of Florida, as do I. Please move me there, especially onto the Keys!

Lana

Alachua, which I like because there are a lot of state parks and springs around here and the Ocala forest isn't far away either. But alas we are retaining all the water the last two hurricanes dropped on us. I'm originally from the Space Coast barrier islands which I do miss as the weather get warmer. The river on one side and the ocean on the other, wistful sigh~

I do wish we had more trails of varying altitude like the parks up north though! I went to Zion last year and I could spend weeks walking if I ever won the lottery. I'm planning a day trip day hike to a park just above the Florida/Georgia line to try a change of scenery... also less gators.
  • marsellilove
    Options
    l0fqknemsoxy.png

bet they dont look like this in Florida

Nah they look like this :wink:
    k2doxt5fai6z.jpg