Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    9380 total steps

Volunteered at work for a task force to work on the problems that send work into my coworker and my workfile. People in this group are not necessarily in my dept. Figured I needed to prove my worth as my production is not that great and I have not gotten a "warm fuzzy" acknowledgment from my Supervisor...... beat my own drum.

Watching Little Britain 1st season, as blunt as you can get in modern politically correct British TV.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, did not sleep too well. Hoping for more sleep soon.

I was thinking in my insomnia how nice it would be to get a respite from some of my coworkers and if the people at the clinic feel downtrodden I will offer to crochet hearts for them. Keep me busy get rid of yarn and be a win,win. We shall see my name has only been put forward.

Korean Beef today from produce section - cafe may be asian chicken salad, everything else on their specials sounds too spicy or caloric. I have one cookie left so I cant be too generous with my calories for the day.

Looking at last nights gator pictures, glad I did not have nightmares. Hahahaha

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Wednesday - half way through week.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We had an earthquake this morning. Preliminary estimates call it a 3.6, but I think it will be a bit higher. Duration was 30-45 seconds. Pretty long for an earthquake in this area (northwestern Tennessee.)
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Morning all! Running in and out with waves to all and Welcome to Maple Sugar!
    Hug for Marselli - Home should be the place you recenter and recharge, not drama and strife.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tracey- I am in CA I dont care what the Richter scale # is it is still scary. Largest earthquake ever recorded was in Missouri and it was through digging and finding the shift in the ground - so that you had one does not completely suprise me. Glad you are doing okay.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Tracey - Earthquake???? yikes. that would scare me. Glad all is ok.
    Sarah - love your cute little gator. I would take him home any day. Good luck with your medical documentation. I hope they are not jerks about it.
    One plus of WI - is we get some months to walk trails and there are no gators, cotton mouths or other poisonous snakes and critters. Sometimes a rattle snake on the bluffs by Mississippi. I love nature, but not deadly critters!
    Motivation:
    Yesterday my Dad had open heart surgery- triple bypass and heart valve replacement. He did well with the surgery actually - they were very pleased, but he is overweight, diabetic and has lots of pain - back, knees, etc. He has two new hips and a knee. These last couple years he barely walks. So...he did this to himself, much like I often do to myself. Why? I swear it makes no sense, yet I still eat the things I should not. So more renewed motivation..if nothing else it will be so my kids do not have to see me like I saw him last night. Maybe this motivation will stick?
    I am exhausted today, at work for a bit and then will go see him again.
    Lurking while around (:
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Just passing through. BBL

Lana

245.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn, dont flog yourself but keep that picture in your head of what your father has gone through when seconds for dessert come by. You need to enjoy life as well.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I am in CA I dont care what the Richter scale # is it is still scary. Largest earthquake ever recorded was in Missouri and it was through digging and finding the shift in the ground - so that you had one does not completely suprise me. Glad you are doing okay.

We have the biggest fault line, I believe. I've heard my whole life, if it goes, Mo will be split. I know, they have small quakes, closer to the fault. I am far enough away, I have never experienced one. Thankfully. It could happen, tho.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Random question.. is it a bad thing, to eat less dinner and have a bowl of cereal/ oatmeal later in evening? I don't do it every night. For instance... last night, we had Pizza Hut... pizza, wings, cheesy bread. I had 1 wing, half a piece of pizza, half a breadstick. That was about 6:00. About 9:00, I had a bowl of oatmeal (instant) with peanut butter... am I fooling myself into thinking this is a good trade off? I also found some Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheerios.... love it! Its my other go to, snack.... thanks for any thoughts
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9808 total steps

Dawn - If having the extra "meal" of cereal or oatmeal stops you from eating more caloric foods as you described that might be a good thing. If eating that cereal/oatmeal stops you from having a fridge raid or munch fest then that is also a good thing. Just my opinion and everyone can post theirs.

Feels more humid than it is, hoping for more sleep.

Wishing all a good night
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- thank you! It has stopped me from having a 2nd piece of pizza. It has stopped me from eating chocolate cream pie (yes, that is in my freezer right now. Courtesy of DH and Dutch Country Stores) I don't know what my dinner calories are, as I do not log. So, I may be hurting myself more than helping.... in my head, I am doing the right thing... hope you get some rest
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Audit meeting today - many mistakes (we get one mistake and if we make them again they are held against us). I will ask auditor if I can use her for training as my lead says she does not understand much of my workload. Yes I just rolled my eyes.

Tomorrow I have an eye test to take so I only work half day. So the weekend is on the horizon.

9k last three days and sleep last night was not difficult. Will try and keep up the habit.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from workplace.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Twiley - that earthquake news is scary! Arniedog- you are right, Mo is in the hot-seat!!
    Lynn - Prayers for your dad - take care and get some rest.
    Running again this morning (but not in a good way) waves to Sara, Lana, Tracy, Marsili and all others!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - Will you know immediately the results of your eye test? I hope so, rather than waiting over a weekend....

Lynn - I need to read back a few days. Sending good vibes for your father.

BBL I hope.

Lana

244.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - nope I have to wait until Monday.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    thanks for the good vibes. Dad is doing well. Getting him out of bed for a walk today (:
    Enjoyed staying at hospital and having free reign to a great salad bar! Expensive but the salads were great! Wish someone would make me a salad bar every day. LOL
    Good luck at your eye appt. I hope you get good support from them.
    Dawn - there are all kinds of diets out there that claim to do something to metabolism, or get your body to work better, etc etc. In the end mostly it comes to calories in and calories burnt. So if it works for you - then it works for you!
    Have a great Thursday
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Mon - 6453 steps
    Tues - 6146 steps
    Wed - 4002 steps
    Not too many steps in so far. have been feeling sickish the past few days. have dr appt tomorrow.

On MFP, I have signed up for both the Ultimate Accountability Challenge for May and the Biggest Loser Challenge for May. Will see which one gives me gives me more motivation to stay on track!

Lynn - good to hear your dad is doing well!

Tracey - earthquakes can be frightening. my high school was built directly over the fault line. wonder who's bright idea that was?

Sara - good luck with the eye test. hope you get the monitors and everything you need at work. i recently met someone who eats their oatmeal savory like you do sometimes. she says she uses it like a grain such as rice and will have it as a side dish with cheese or whatever seasoning in it.

Dawn - if it works for you, then do it. there is something to be said about several small "meals" throughout the day. keeps sugars more steady. keeps you from feeling like you are starving and ready to cave to temptation. i always have a sweet tooth at the end of the day, so i try to make room for the calories and before bed, i sometimes i will have a light chai tea latte and a couple graham crackers (if sweets craving was really high, i might add a light smear of marshmallow creme to the crackers)

CW - 156.5
    HW - 216
    GW - 145
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    my sister finally pushed me into doing one of those DNA tests. i gave her the results and she ported them into a health thing and we discovered several interesting mutations that we share (and a few we dont). one keeps me from metabolizing folic acid properly. i need to take folinic acid or folate instead. another involved the synthetic form of vitamin E. very eye opening!
    after reading her results several months ago my sister started taking a supplement to help her with her thyroid, pineal gland, and thalmus issues. since she started it, she has been able to stop taking hydrocortisone completely.
    Also learned about the "Worrier" and "Warrior" genes. really interesting stuff!

an example of the articles and research she has been doing:
    https://drbrucekehr.com/comt-gene-test-stress-genetic-testing/
    https://www.mygenefood.com/genes/comt/
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you all. My main concern, was if I was actually sabotaging instead of helping myself. But, oatmeal or cereal, has to be better than extra pizza and cheesy bread...

Sara- hope audit goes well. I worked at a place that we got audited once a month. I never did well.

Lynn- glad your Dad is doing well. Hope he gets to go home, soon.

Kathryn- that DNA thing is interesting... makes me want to check into it for myself....

Lana- waves to you! How's the car and walking groups going?

Suzu- hope morning isn't too crazy for you.