Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    And good news foot is healing like it’s supposed to and doc said I can give Zumba a try whoohoo. If foot starts hurting wait 2 weeks and try again :-) and I so love the floof. Plenty of snuggles to go around. They are sending virtual snuggles.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Pork loins on baking sheet and sweet potato (whole) baking in oven.

Passed out when I came home but also got my 5k steps today. Dinner at this hour will be interesting.

Missy - yay!!! That you get to give Zumba a try is encouraging. Thank you for posting picture of your furry friends.I will let Lana dive into the huskies and I will try and kiss up to the little white one....

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Great news about Zumba, I’m hoping to try it when I can actually move a bit better. It’s very energetic isn’t it?

Sara I hope your dinner was yummy no matter what the hour 😊

I’m just about to try water walking with two of my local friends. Apparently it’s supposed to be a good gentle way to start moving and one of my friends has serious back trouble so the water helps her. Will see how it goes. I’m just hoping the water isn’t that cold as goose bumps on my wobbly bits are not attractive! I did get hubby to turn the pool up last night but apparently it only increases a degree a day so at 27 degrees last night it’s still going to feel cold! 🥶

Hope everyone has a good Friday!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Great news about Zumba, I’m hoping to try it when I can actually move a bit better. It’s very energetic isn’t it?

Sara I hope your dinner was yummy no matter what the hour 😊

I’m just about to try water walking with two of my local friends. Apparently it’s supposed to be a good gentle way to start moving and one of my friends has serious back trouble so the water helps her. Will see how it goes. I’m just hoping the water isn’t that cold as goose bumps on my wobbly bits are not attractive! I did get hubby to turn the pool up last night but apparently it only increases a degree a day so at 27 degrees last night it’s still going to feel cold! 🥶

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Zumba is so energetic and I love it. Even though I do have 2 left feet.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good evening,

Pork loins on baking sheet and sweet potato (whole) baking in oven.

Passed out when I came home but also got my 5k steps today. Dinner at this hour will be interesting.

Missy - yay!!! That you get to give Zumba a try is encouraging. Thank you for posting picture of your furry friends.I will let Lana dive into the huskies and I will try and kiss up to the little white one....

Your welcome! Little white one loves kisses. Giving and receiving lol 😂
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

a4xcv6hdtjvu.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,840 Member
    Options

Good morning ladies! ☀️

It's October!

I had dinner with friends at their house, and it was carb-heavy! Dessert was ice cream. I ate what was served to me, and then I found that once I was back home, I was craving more carbs!! My body can retain water not only when I eat salty things but also when I eat bread and sugar. Dang!

Missy - that is great news from the doctor. Listen to your body as you add more exercise 🤗

Nikki - water exercise is nice! As for temperature, as you know, it always feels cold to start, so give it a few minutes. I say this because my pool heater is dead, yet I was able to swim in it at temps that I would have thought were "too cold".

Sara - TGIF! 🌴 The Cabana Boys announced that you are the Guest of Honor at the Friday Happy Hour today! ⛱🌴
    Big hugs for making it through another work week 🤗

Waving to everyone who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana

264.8 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 lofty 🦃 goal
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    q71i4m06doux.jpeg
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Thanks Lana! Water walking was actually quite good fun so I think we’ll do it again at least until the end of the month anyway. Pool goes off for winter then. Too expensive to heat through the winter.

Missy your dogs are absolutely gorgeous!

I celebrated 15lbs off today by having my nails done in a lovely shimmering purple glitter varnish. Thought it might be too much but I’m loving it! Good to have a non food treat.

Anyway today has been full of exercise so much so that even though it’s only 21.50 here I’m already heading to bed. And on a Friday night too 😂

Happy weekends everyone 😊
  • Moxiemaiden
    Moxiemaiden Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you strictly WW?
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Thanks Lana! Water walking was actually quite good fun so I think we’ll do it again at least until the end of the month anyway. Pool goes off for winter then. Too expensive to heat through the winter.

Missy your dogs are absolutely gorgeous!

I celebrated 15lbs off today by having my nails done in a lovely shimmering purple glitter varnish. Thought it might be too much but I’m loving it! Good to have a non food treat.

Anyway today has been full of exercise so much so that even though it’s only 21.50 here I’m already heading to bed. And on a Friday night too 😂

Happy weekends everyone 😊

Thank you 😊
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Are you strictly WW?

No we are not
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

MalyndaDawn - no we are not it was just when we started this board that we were trying to make sure people from the WW board could find us. We are free thinkers here. Welcome!!

Missy love the pictures.

4 more exciting work days until I get a 6 total day vacation. Someone asked me where I was going? You know me, I answered, I am going to clean house. And I can get in my car and drive somewhere - have no idea yet....

Whoa hoo!! Friday night at the cabana club, double the calories burned while dancing.

• fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Good evening,

MalyndaDawn - no we are not it was just when we started this board that we were trying to make sure people from the WW board could find us. We are free thinkers here. Welcome!!

Missy love the pictures.

4 more exciting work days until I get a 6 total day vacation. Someone asked me where I was going? You know me, I answered, I am going to clean house. And I can get in my car and drive somewhere - have no idea yet....

Whoa hoo!! Friday night at the cabana club, double the calories burned while dancing.

Sara I’m decidedly envious of your being able to get in the car and drive somewhere. Here in the UK the BBC have caused a fuel shortage! They reported that garages were struggling to get deliveries of fuel. So all the idiots went out and bought fuel when they didn’t need to. The truth was that one fuel company had a temporary shortage of drivers so might close a few garages! It’s been chaos here for over a week now. Most garages have only petrol or diesel or nothing at all. There’s no shortage of fuel provided people buy as they usually would! So frustrating. I’m down to a quarter of a tank now too!

Anyway it’s Saturday so have a good day all 😊
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    e3yue3km5cja.jpg
    *** October 2nd ***

Good morning all~~

Just dashing through.....will be back later~

Lana

263.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Did well getting steps in and 5k on a Saturday is within reach - getting creative. Potato chips are cutting into that health advantage this weekend.

We had a bizzare shortage of TP (toilet paper) when COVID first started. Even worse hoarding... people are amazing and sometimes a little stupid.

Between episodes of Vera on Acorn TV and will put the kettle on for a nice strong cup of tea. I am knitting navy blue and making a right mess of it and so I decided the entire navy blue sections on the prayer shawl will just be wrong. What I get for using such a dark color.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Saturday all,

Finally was able to mow the front yard. It’s on a hill so I have been nervous about doing it until my doctor cleared that. Mowing and raking 6 weeks worth of grass is a workout. Will have to do back yard now that is 4 times the size of the front and riddled with husky holes. I’ll be going slow and very careful. Got a lot of errands done today as well. HelloFresh came in so planning on cooking that all up tomorrow.

HW 225.6
    CW 225.6
    GW 110-120
  • gemwolf110
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 yeah that TP shortage was crazy then the hand sanitizer and wipes too. I hope that is over. But supply chain is still having issues. Hopefully that gets resolved in the near future.
    Whoops I missed the dance will have to do my own make up session lol. And hoping those 4 days fly by for you! Staycations are the best or at least my new favorite way to spend time off.

@fatoldladyonamission urgh that not good. Talk about a miscommunication! I don’t think I could get to work without fuel! Hopefully it’s over quickly.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    eli43kb88qkx.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Missy!

Thanks for getting us started 🙏🏻 How wonderful that you got a good report from your doctor about your foot. I hope that it is feeling OK after all you did yesterday~

Waving to everyone else who stops by 👋🏻

BBL

Lana

261.0 today