Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! Hope everyone is doing well and survived April Fools day. Thankfully almost everyone was too busy to get into jokes at work yesterday. Can’t believe it’s April already time is just flying by. I somehow have the next 3 weekends off including this one so I’m very happy and thankful about that. Can have some much needed time to relax and spend with the furkids. Going to see about taking the dogs for a walk later, weather is supposed to be nice. They have been very good, relaxed doggies this whole week. Think having last Sunday off to just let them run and have freedom after church services helped. I also will take some time to work on my personal statement for my application into grad school. Going to be too late for 2022-2023 year but one school that I have my eye on will let me take 2 courses prior to starting. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Did my shopping early, Needed different color highlighters at work - they only have yellow and my eyes are done with that. Picked up some frozen chicken strips and mini bagels.

Will go see if I can watch soccer this morning - taking my knitting with me to get some done.

Missy - glad you are getting some R/R. Dogs will be so happy to spend more time with you.

Lana - hope you are doing well.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Y'all~~

Missy! - So glad for you that you will have some weekends off. That'll be good for you and good for the furbabies!

Sara - knitting and soccer sound like a good idea.
    (I probably will not be stopping by the Cabana Club tomorrow.)

Tomorrow they throw us off of the ship. Yes, I'm looking forward to being home. I hear that the next sailing on this ship is a full charter by an all-adult group--clothing optional! I can't even imagine it. 😜

Waving to MM and Tracy and Maureen and Jordanna and anyone else who pops in today. 👋🏻

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Got some books out of my apartment - gifted to ladies at church and this week I did not bring any home, I have enough right now so that is okay.

Baked potato for dinner, but I have to get some steps in first so off I go.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    fri034h7qrg9.jpeg
    April 4th

Happy Monday everyone ☀️

The sun is shining, and I am grateful for that.

I need to do a little grocery shopping for milk and fresh fruit and veggies. It's time to get seriously on program.

Lana

266.2 today (I'm grateful it is not worse!)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Glad you are safely back.

Boss is gone until Friday so 3 days of less stress is welcome.

Made my easter candy jar for the "how much is in there?" contest - amazing how much fits in that jar.

I have had none of it and that is the best news of all.

Wishing all a great evening. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    18qc57944229.jpeg
    *** April 6 ***

Good morning all ☀️

Sara - that is nice to hear about boss being gone for a few days. Kudos to you for doing the Easter jar without sampling every other morsel 😜. That is some control!!!

So I spoke yesterday with XDH, and there are plans afoot for him to come east in June to get some of his stuff out of the apartment and the house. This is a good thing for me because it has lit a fire under my derriere to go through both places and do serious crap abatement.

I watched an Italian film yesterday on Amazon Prime w English subtitles called Alone With Her Dreams. In Italian the title is Little Girl. (I don't know how they come up with these English titles for foreign films.) It is still bugging me - I need to watch the final third of the movie again because I missed something.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

263.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    qm6qz6on6sfx.jpeg
    *** April 7 ***

Good morning ☀️

It's a little gloomy here. I've redone my do list, and it's time for a second cup of coffee.

Today I will start my cleaning/reorganizing project. I think that it will give me a lot of gentle steps, since I cannot actually go walking yet. The achilles tendon is improving though. When I was on that cruise, I managed an average of 2.75 miles per day. Not too shabby!

I hope that you all have a good day.

🌴 Lana 🌴

264.2 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good evening,

Glad you are safely back.

Boss is gone until Friday so 3 days of less stress is welcome.

Made my easter candy jar for the "how much is in there?" contest - amazing how much fits in that jar.

I have had none of it and that is the best news of all.

Wishing all a great evening. Stay safe and sane out there.

You got more will power than me. Bag of candy would be gone in less than a week. Glad you are boss free for a few days. Those days are the best.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    18qc57944229.jpeg
    *** April 6 ***

Good morning all ☀️

Sara - that is nice to hear about boss being gone for a few days. Kudos to you for doing the Easter jar without sampling every other morsel 😜. That is some control!!!

So I spoke yesterday with XDH, and there are plans afoot for him to come east in June to get some of his stuff out of the apartment and the house. This is a good thing for me because it has lit a fire under my derriere to go through both places and do serious crap abatement.

I watched an Italian film yesterday on Amazon Prime w English subtitles called Alone With Her Dreams. In Italian the title is Little Girl. (I don't know how they come up with these English titles for foreign films.) It is still bugging me - I need to watch the final third of the movie again because I missed something.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

263.2 today

It’s strange why they do that to the titles. Hope you got a chance to finish it. And yay to getting rid of the old and organizing! It’s on my 2022 to do list as well.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    qm6qz6on6sfx.jpeg
    *** April 7 ***

Good morning ☀️

It's a little gloomy here. I've redone my do list, and it's time for a second cup of coffee.

Today I will start my cleaning/reorganizing project. I think that it will give me a lot of gentle steps, since I cannot actually go walking yet. The achilles tendon is improving though. When I was on that cruise, I managed an average of 2.75 miles per day. Not too shabby!

I hope that you all have a good day.

🌴 Lana 🌴

264.2 today

Hope it heals up soon!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Enough wind to start sinus issues. Tired with headache possible.

Cannot go outside as there are 3 screaming kids playing and it just make me grit my teeth. They need to be children and I need to not hear it, so nap time for me.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • tmne7633
    tmne7633 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Back again! Logging again and getting back on track. I know I need to lose weight, I’ve gone over my “max weight” and my clothes are tight. Let’s get it 😀
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    r9np2y4q3xfp.jpeg
    April 8th

Good morning everybody~~

Hello tmne7633 👋🏻

Well, I did stupid things yesterday, and the scale tracked it all for me. Getting back up on the balance beam today.

Sara - I hope that Ms. Monster stays away from you today.

Waving to Missy and Tracy in Tennessee and Jordanna and Maureen and Sherry and Missionalman and anyone else who stops by later on~

What do y'all have planned for the weekend?

Lana

264.8 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2022
    Options
    5f1uu7fevb4c.jpeg
    *** April 9 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started 🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Went to Walmart early as I woke up early and ran into a friend from work.

Off to see if soccer is on TV and I will take knitting.

Windy and so allergies are bad and it may keep things cool.

Will try and walk to work starting Monday.

Wishing all a good day, Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Hi All!

Happy Saturday! Weekend 2 of 4 off. Kinda nice going to be tough when they do put me back on the weekend schedule. Got plenty of yard work done. Not finished but made a good dent. Most of the laundry is done. Dogs are happy that they have had me all day. Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings :-) And they must have updated the app because tracking I think seems a lot easier with that + button. Goal for the upcoming week is to track everything and attempt to post once a day even to just say hi!

@Tilliesmommy1 hope allergies aren’t too bad mine are starting back up. Have some pretty lilac bushes in the back. But my nose doesn’t find them very pretty.

@LanaCabana537 well I’m right there with you. Jumped up two lbs almost. We got this for next week.

Waves to all!

~Missy
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Hi! Starting over again after surgery and getting my thyroid hormone levels at normal for the first time in years. We yanked my thyroid in February for trying to strangle me, and then found out it was growing a little cancer too, so it's just as well it went. Now I'm over the surgery and getting ready to buckle back down to weight loss. My feet and back don't always want to cooperate with my goals, thanks to past issues, but I work around them.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xby688225gfo.jpeg
    *** April 10 ***

Happy Sunday everyone~~

Hello to Alexandra!!

Sara - I hope that your allergies will let you enjoy your day today. 🤗

Missy - Thanks for the info about the tracker. I know it's a good one--I should try using it again. (I'm very impatient, and I prefer to hand write in a paper journal, but I don't count calories. Yes, I get out of it what I put in...... true.

The sky is blue and the sun is out, so it should be a good day.

Lana

263.8 today
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I've been having a quiet day with a lot of gaming because I did a ton of precooking yesterday. I need to do more today, but it may get pushed into tomorrow due to my midfoot being cranky and not wanting to be stood on.

I live with my boyfriend who will eventually be my husband, my girlfriend, and my 26 year old son from my previous marriage, who is being a roommate and paying rent while he goes to school to learn HVAC. He will soon start a job in IT for the state we live in, and she's going to school for IT work. I'm the stay at home "mom" for everyone.

Boyfriend had a burst of insight and inspiration last night about his code and stayed up till three am writing and checking code. Unsurprisingly, he's done a lot of napping today. (grin) It's fine; I'm not going great guns myself, and I am just trying to get some laundry through so that people who want to shower tonight have towels. Son is spending his afternoon gaming with online friends, and Girlfriend is a little manic so she sleeps in three hour bursts here and there, and from the snores emanating from her bedroom, I know what she's doing. (grin)

Tonight I made Beef with Mushrooms and Onions, which people had with white rice and some people had egg rolls with dipping sauce as well. Not me. My body dislikes cabbage and will throw a tantrum if I eat it and make me very sorry for my sins. It was really tasty. (As a general rule, I happily give out recipes, as I like food and am doing the small portion method of calorie reduction.)