NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Great job with the water! I did terribly, the only thing I drank was coffee and wine spriters. I don't know how to change my perspective. I've never liked to exercise. I guess I could say, "I exercise" and leave it at that. I laugh at my husband later but not at the time! :D

@cbabie Have you journaled about why you are eating like that? LOL you are ornery! No, we haven't given up and we will not, will we???

Hello everyone. I've been having a laid back weekend. I still have to get a few groceries today from a different store but I did most of my shopping yesterday. I went to the mall to pick up a couple of things I ordered from Macy's and it was a madhouse. Luckily, I did curbside pick up. I have to wrap presents sometime between now and Christmas day...I've already wrapped some and put them under the tree.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    edited December 2020
    @cbabie Well we just keep trying. We don't give up.

@trooworld I got 20%. How about I will exercise so I can.......... or I will exercise so I don't...... I know you know attitude is everything. Exercise is not really about losing weight. There are so many other benefits to it.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 21/42
    Week 2 # glasses of water 24/42,
    Week 1 # glasses of water 25/42,

# OP days 4/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 3/7
    Week 2 # preplanned days 4/7,
    Week 1 # preplanned days 5/7
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I love laid back weekends. I’m having one too. :) Yeah, the stores around here are ridiculously crowded too. I will do my grocery shopping on Tuesday and plan to get out the door early. Do you buy presents for your dog? I bet you do! My Maggie Mae has three bags full. One of the bags is new crate beds, so more of a needed item but I still wrapped it. :D

@cbabie Yes, the good news is that you keep getting up and trying? What do you think can help you get back in the game and find your control over eating everything in the house? I know you have been dealing with family drama and that is so hard. But you have to stop and think about yourself and what is good for you!! <3

@theslightedgeforever Yup, I love a whoosh!! My goals seem to be working because the scale was down another pound this morning. :grin:

Hi everyone! Today has been a great day so far. I woke up a pound lighter, which is more proof that my low-carb eating is working for my body. A couple of days ago I gave up all cream in my coffee and I think that is helping too. Today, I’m fasting until dinner. I know the Christmas gain is coming and I’m trying to cushion the blow as much as possible. ;) This morning in church one of my sweet friends gave me a lovely new puzzle so now I’m going to go try to finish the one I’m currently doing and start this new one. :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 50%. It just doesn't sound genuine: I don't think I'm going to do it so it seems like I should say, "I will try to exercise so I don't lose my mobility" or something like that.

@TeresaW1020 Me too! I am surprised I don't buy presents for my dog, I think if we had hung up our stockings as I intended, I would buy presents for him. We do make him homemade chicken jerky twice a week, so he gets spoiled all year round lol. Maggie Mae is one spoiled pup, too! :) That's a good idea to cushion the blow. Congrats on being down another pound. That was nice that your church friend gave you a puzzle. You must have so many by now!

Ladies, my crafting is making quite a mess in the living room. Ever since I got the Cricut machine, it has become a disaster! I ordered a rolling cart to put my stuff in, it should be here tomorrow and I can do some organizing. We also ordered a new desk because the one we have is just too small. I got all of my wrapping done for Christmas, I am the worst wrapper it looks like a 5-year-old wrapped the presents lol. I want to take a class on gift wrapping.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Congrats on being down on the scale!!! And yeah, 10 rounds was very spazzy and twisty so that makes sense! I hope you enjoy your new puzzle

@cbabie I'm right there with you. I have a major stomach ache this morning from all the junk I put into my body. But we're here and we're trying and today is a new day.

@trooworld I used to hate exercise too. It took me years to find something I didn't despise. Of course the pandemic took that away from me, but I still exercise so I'll be in shape when I can go back to my gym again. And organizing craft rooms is always a huge project!

@theslightedgeforever How are you doing on your goals going into the holidays?

Happy Monday All. Sorry I was MIA. I fell off the wagon HARD. There were so many drinks and so many holiday treats. Oh well. Today is a new day and I'm committed to doing better and staying on track through my holiday break. I've got two more days of work and then I'm off for 12 days, I can't wait!
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I think the problem is that I would rather be doing other things. I can tolerate walking. I can tolerate Leslie Sansone videos as long as they aren't longer than 20 minutes. But I'd RATHER be doing practically anything else than doing those two things lol. Today is a new day, just get back on the horse with the next bite! Hang in there, hopefully, these two days will go by fast.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Weight is creeping up on me have to keep a watch. Can’t let it get higher then 165. Which is pathetic. I really can’t believe I got here in the last few years. So I know I can get back. Need to get my head back into the game. Big thing this last week was the nice salty bag of nuts and bolts by mother gave me. And need to up my game with working out. Years to the new year and getting back at it.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, I have done awful in the food and exercise dept. I can't give up, but I am making no headway. I have to get back to the right mindset. So that's what I am working on today. I have a beautiful baby girl here I want to be around for for a very long time.

@renaegry Oh yea, I am right there with you.

@trooworld I laughed when I read your post...my mom's "sewing room" was always a disaster, but she was one of the most creative people I know. I have an Aunt that can make a box from goodwill look like it came from Macy's..LOL She is still alive, but too far to send packages to wrap for me.

@TeresaW1020 baby girl is starting to like to work puzzles..of course they are 12 piece floor puzzles.LOL. I was telling my other daughter that I would maybe like to start a puzzle, but baby girl would want to be right in the middle of it. Yea on the pound lighter..I think you sent it here..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes I am going to continue to try..like you would let me quit..LOL

@mswatson0777 Well we both know what we need to do and we are going to do it..I have FAITH in both of us. LOL I hope you totally relax on the 12days off...Maybe you could play a game like the 12 days of Christmas and make each one a fun day by enjoying it totally different than the day before.. ( I started to say "you should" but as soon as I typed it I could hear my mom say..."don't go shoulden on people". So I retracted and said Maybe..LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Yaaay on another lb. Keep swimming......

@trooworld So how about this. "I will try to exercise so I don't lose my mobility" or something like that. That would work. What about a podcast while you walk? Or some good music? Remember the old radio shows? If you had your mind focused on those you wouldn't think about walking. How about dancing? I just heard dancing helps slow dementia. I'd rather being doing anything else than dishes, but I know what happens if I don't do the dishes. It's the same with exercise. But the damage is internal where we can't see the "mess" pile up. I got 50% I hate gift wrapping. People just rip it open and it goes into the garbage. Bah-humbug. lol

@mswatson0777 I'm doing better on my goals. Not perfect but progressing. I'm hoping to hit my December weight goal. So you got that little detour out of your system, what's your plan for the next 12 days?

@renaegry I know you can get back to the weight you want to be. I was decluttering today and saw a paper chart I kept with my weight and inches on it. I was at 135 and thought I was so fat and still wanted to lose about 10-15 lbs. My measurements were wild too. So we will just do it one lb at a time. Maybe even 1/2 lb. 1/2 lb is still 26 lbs off by this time next year.

@cbabie Are you journaling about your eating? Sometimes just getting it all out on paper and then going back to read it can be an eye opener. Think of the example you are setting for your baby girl. She is watching everything. Do you want her to be someone who turns to food or other things during high stress situations? What other things could you model for her?

My next 100 day book is going to be about reclaiming the brain. I think it will be interesting as it applies to food, exercise, environment, etc.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 24/42

# OP days 5/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 4/7

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I think you need to go buy that puppy some presents!! Of course after the vet bill, you just paid maybe that is present enough. :grin: That is a good idea to get a rolling cart for all your crafts. Go look on Pinterest on how to wrap. They taught me how to tie the perfect fabric bow. ;)

@mswatson0777 Sorry that you fell off the wagon, but I hope that you at least had a great time! I can feel your excitement about having 12 days off. :)

@cbabie Getting your mindset back where it should be is so hard but I know you can do it! Just keep looking at that sweet little girl. :)

@theslightedgeforever Ohhh your book sounds interesting. I really believe that all our good and bad habits start in our minds.

Hello everyone! Today was a good day. I had a hard leg workout this morning so I’m sure I will be sore tomorrow. I went and had lunch with my children’s pastor. We spent an hour and a half at Panera talking about our lives and the church. I was very good at lunch and only had a salad with chicken on it and no sides. Afterward, I went to Walmart and that place was a zoo! I prayed for patience and got through it. I’m sending DH to Sams early in the morning and then no more stores until after Christmas. :)
  • trooworld
    @renaegry I understand that.

@cbabie Baby girl is a great reason to get healthy. Have you tracked today? Yeah, I'm ashamed of my "area" right now lol! My mother-in-law is like your aunt. I've given so many gifts in my lifetime, you would think I would catch on one of these days. ;)

@theslightedgeforever That might work ("I will exercise so I don't lose my mobility"). I've got podcasts, audiobooks, good music...I have it all. I just need to use it. I sometimes break out in spontaneous dancing for a few minutes here and there. I'm especially prone to do it when I am in the kitchen cooking. I also got 50%. Yeah, maybe that's why my gift wrapping is so crappy. lol I look forward to your insights about your 100-day book.

@TeresaW1020 LOL...we call him the million-dollar dog. ;) There is always something going on with him. He is a "lemon" lol. But we love him to pieces. That's a good idea to look on Pinterest, and also I will check YouTube. I'm glad you had a good lunch and ate healthy, too. I pray that I don't have to go to any of the stores between now and Christmas. I know what is waiting for me there...lots and lots of people!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 If I get anything out of the book, I'll share with you all when I start it Jan 1.

@trooworld I got 50%. If we keep striving forward, we will eventually get there.

The book I'm currently reading for maintenance said this today.....

Because our expectations shape what we believe is possible, they shape our perceptions and actions. That means they also shape the outcomes. And that means they shape our reality.
    One of the biggest reasons we don’t succeed with our goals is we doubt we can.  We believe they are out of reach. 
    “There is a difference,” Dorfman told Mura, “between, ‘I have not won’ and ‘I cannot win. . . .’”
    “Many of the circumstances that seem to block us in our daily lives may only appear to do so based on a framework of assumptions we carry with us,” say Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander. “Draw a different frame around the same set of circumstances and new pathways come into view.”

Hyatt, Michael. Your Best Year Ever (p. 28-33). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 27/42

# OP days 6/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 5/7
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, Yesterday was not a good day at all, I did walk, but I did let the emotions take over. I started tracking at breakfast, but then nada. I am determined to make 2021 and the remainder of the year all about my health. I shudder at the thought of what would happen to baby girl if something happened to me. I could not bear my thoughts. So this has to be my why for this year. Not in an unhealthy manner, but in a responsible manner. Every child deserves a parent who cares enough to be around when life happens to them.

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for your continued support. You probably should have been the older sister LOL

@trooworld I had to laugh I was reading your post about your MIL being my aunt and I was thinking Why is your MIL like MY aunt and not yours since we have the same aunt. I had to go back and look at the author. For some reason in the beginning I thought your post was my sisters post. LOL. NOW it all makes sense. See how our mind can be deceptive? I have not eaten yet today, but I am determined to track at least more than 1 meal.

@TeresaW1020 I am with you on the shopping, except I have to go get things for the pies I am making for my church. They are going to feed 6 families who have no one. I have never made "buttermilk" pies before, this should be interesting. Still looking for the "right" recipe. LOL. So glad you got to have time with the children's pastor. How fun. I sure do miss those days, but they are in the past...looking to tomorrow.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I’m sorry your baby is a lemon but isn’t he fortunate to have such devoted owners? We call Maggie Mae “Spoiled Diva” and the sad thing is that we only have ourselves to blame! Just, for example, this dog gets three different treats when we sit down in the evenings to watch TV. A tiny chicken-flavored treat, a bacon-flavored Sizzler, and a dental chew. She also has these tiny treats and gets one when she goes in her crate for bed. AND then there are the doggy peanut butter flavored cookies that she associates with our afternoon coffee. Someday I might tell you about her toys, which is truly obnoxious. :D

@theslightedgeforever Great! You always have really useful tidbits to share. “One of the biggest reasons we don’t succeed with our goals is we doubt we can. We believe they are out of reach.
    “There is a difference,” Dorfman told Mura, “between, ‘I have not won’ and ‘I cannot win. . ."
    Brilliant!! Do you know that this is the first time in my life that I am ending a year with the full confidence that I’m going to reach my goal weight next year? I’m NOT hoping or wishing for it. I KNOW it’s going to happen. Month and day, I don’t know, but that is OK because it’s happening! Ohhh I’m totally crediting you for giving my 2021 word, which I will write about below. ;)

@cbabie You know what you need to do as soon as possible. You need to write down in detail what your why is and how you plan to achieve it. You need to write about your baby girl and put it where you can look at it often. You need to get obsessed with your health and giving her and you the best possible life you can have. Yes, you will have tons of struggles and probably a bunch of family drama, but this is about her…and you!! I’m excited and looking forward to seeing you reach your goals this coming year! I have never had a buttermilk pie. I hope all goes well. :)

Hello! Today, I did the next phase of booty in my 80 Day Obsession program and ohhhh my goodness I am already feeling it! Afterward, I deep cleaned my bathroom, cleaned the kitchen, and ran the vacuum over the floors. I’m done with cleaning until after I tear down my Christmas this weekend. It’s unusually warm today, so DH and I had coffee on the back porch and enjoyed a couple of pieces of chocolate-covered cherries that he bought for us. And since it’s Christmas Eve Eve Eve indulging just a little is OK. ;)

So, I’ve been thinking and planning 2021 and what steps I can do to achieve my goals. Like I told Theslightedgeforever above this is the first time in my life that I REALLY deep down feel that I’m going to reach my goal weight. NOT that I can get cocky and think I have this in the bag! I know full well that it will take lots of work and constant attention to not revert back to old habits that are familiar and have been part of who I am for over 30 years. But I sure as hell don't need to go another 30 years, do I?

My word for 2020 was BECOME. My focus was to get rid of bad habits and create ones that would get me to my goals. I wanted to become healthy, fit, and no longer obese. I’m not there yet but I’m a whole lot closer than I was in January 2020. My word for 2021 is TRANSFORMATION. Theslightedegeforever posted months ago an excerpt from the book “Chasing Cupcakes” and it so resonated that I saved it. Then a couple of weeks ago I found it and have been mauling over the word transformation. I love thinking that my journey to health and fitness isn’t a decision but a destination. Transformation is about the here and now. Not later…not next Monday…it’s right now! :)

Chasing Cupcakes by Elizabeth Benton
    Transformation is not a journey you pursue, transformation is now. Change happens in any moment you choose it. Transformation is a decision not a destination. Excellence is not an aspiration; excellence is the next five minutes. Excellence is an opportunity that exists no matter what you are doing in the next five minutes. Transformation is a present choice, not a future outcome. You don't have to earn it; you have to choose it and every choice is a chance. When you plan to do better tomorrow, you miss the chances in front of you today. When you see change as something that exists in the future, what you don’t see clearly is the opportunity to choose change now. You don’t take responsibility for the work that presents itself today because who and how you want to be is out on the horizon of your life.

Transformation is Now means you can be different right now. You need to be. This is when change happens. NOW not tomorrow. This next moment is your chance. This next meal is your chance. The next moment is your opportunity. No choice is too small to make a difference.

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 50% as well. Yes, I'm glad we are checking in on this, it helps me focus on it. That's a great insight that book has. Thanks for sharing.

@cbabie Yes, they do and I think focusing on being around for baby girl is a very good "WHY". LOL...our minds can be deceptive indeed! You are certainly fighting for your health, keep it up, my friend, I believe in you!

@TeresaW1020 He is! We pay around $200-300 a month for his medications and that is not money we come by easily but we do it because we love him. A lot of people would have given him up for his temperament or because of all of his ailments but we didn't. We believe once you get a dog, you own it for the length of its life. LOL the "Spoiled Diva" is indeed spoiled! :) That's so cute. Have you ever posted a pic of her? I would love to see her. We make Louie homemade chicken jerky treats. That's the only kind of treat he can really have due to his diabetes (he has to eat as close to no-carb as possible). He also gets some cheese when we feed him his pills (medication and a multivitamin). I can't believe you had the energy to clean the house after 80 Day Obsession! Good for you. I love your word for 2021, it is perfect for your journey. Thanks for sharing that passage, it helped me come up with my word for 2021 but I won't reveal it yet. ;)

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @trooworld Do you do podcasts at all? Leslie's videos are okay, but I'd much rather walk outside with a good podcast!

@TeresaW1020 I love the word transformation and the quote you shared from Chasing Cupcakes, I'm going to see if I can rent that one from my library and check it out! And 80 Day Obsession Phase 2 is no joke! Her Cardio Flow kills me every time since it has zero breaks! I ended up doing her leg workout yesterday too and still feel wobbly!

@cbabie You are such a wonderful parent to Baby Girl, she is so lucky to have you! I love the 12 Days of Christmas idea. I saved up all my credit card rewards this year so I was thinking of buying myself a little something for every day I stick to my goals (2 pages of my dissertation, no bingeing, workout, movement).

@theslightedgeforever Great quote! You're absolutely right that self doubt stands in our way and causes us to self sabotage. "I'm never going to get to goal anyways so why not x,y,z". I hope you hit your December weight goal, that is awesome! My plan for the next 12 days is to treat it like a writing retreat so every day I have to get at least 2 pages of work in before I can play. That way at the end I'll have 24 pages to show for my time instead of wasting it away.

Happy Wednesday All! Today marks my first day of break, but it's also the day my husband is in surgery all day so it's not exactly an exciting day. We had to wake up at 5:30am to get him to the hospital in time so I'm definitely dragging this morning.

Since the surgery is all day I popped back home to get a workout in and eat lunch, but I'm going to spend the afternoon in the lobby since I like being close. I know he's healthy and everything is going fine, but I can't help but worry. I already got an hour of dissertation work in so I'm feeling fairly accomplished. I figure the waiting room is as good a spot as any to knock out a few more hours. Eating has been going fairly well this week. I'm mostly planning to eat at maintenance through the New Year and then get back on track then. I'd rather do maintenance over the next few weeks than try to lose and end up bingeing.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Just a quick pop in. I got 100% water. Yaaay

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 34.5/42

# OP days 6/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 6/7
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi all..just a quick pop in for me, too. Heading down to the treadmill because Dr Oz will soon be on. Been walking outside lately, but today inside sounds better. It has been 40-50 lately, so not too bad. Today started out 50, but is down to 25 with flurries now. At least we aren't supposed to get much snow, just really cold.

Some of you asked me what my Advent Calendar looked like. Took a lot more time than I thought it would, lol.

If I don't get on again, Merry Christmas to everyone & here's to a healthy New Year!!
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Yes, I agree that owning a dog is a big responsibility and unless you truly have no choice you own that dog for life, or you find it a good home. I had to do that when I got divorced with our dog Buddy, because my ex worked very long hours and the dog would have been locked in an apartment all day and he had never been on his own. We found a wonderful family with lots of land and kids. But it was still such a hard day when we had to give him away. I will post a pic below of Maggie Mae. :) I can’t wait to hear what your word is for 2021! You are the one that got me going on having a word, you know? ;)

@mswatson0777, Yikes, I hope your husband will be OK and that the surgery will be as expected. I would be holding up in the lobby too if it was my hubby. :/ I can’t do cardio flow. She does moves that I don’t trust with my back or simply can’t make my body do. On cardio days, I’ve been doing Barre Blend cardio. My cordless jump rope arrived, and I start #MBF on January 4th. I’m excited to see how it goes! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt Brrr that is cold! Your advent calendar is so cute! I just love it! <3

Hi everyone! So, I don’t think I’ve mentioned that I’m going to be on a podcast next month. It’s a guy name Graeme Currie and he has lost over 130 lbs and wrote a book called The Fasting Highway and has a podcast by the same name. I’m in his FB group and we are both big followers of Gin Stephens. He is also a recovering sugar addict and his story so resonated with me that I reached out and said I would love to be on his podcast. I’ve been trying to put together notes and I was struggling with some dates and details. Then I thought about this group and that I’ve been on here for a while and that may be what I needed could be found in my posts. Ya’ll I spent two hours this morning reading back over my posts and most of yours! :grin: I joined this group on July 21, 2018. It was very interesting to read back through my posts and see my weight loss journey. I actually learned quite a bit about myself that I’m still mauling over. There are lessons to be found for sure and I encourage you all to go back and have a read at your posts. Plus, it was fun to see some old faces from people I now miss. :)

Maggie Mae on her favorite chair <3

73hy6iya7wm4.jpg

• trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I do podcasts. I also do audiobooks. I just need the motivation to exercise. :( I wish your hubby a speedy recovery! Working on your dissertation is a great way to keep occupied and your mind off things. Good idea to aim for maintenance.

@theslightedgeforever Yay!!! Well done. I got 25%.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Your advent calendar is adorable! It does look like a lot of work. Merry Christmas!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah sometimes there is no choice, I agree. Awww, look at the princess! She is adorable, Teresa! I love her "Woof" pillow, too. I did? Woo hoo! That's cool that you are going to be on a podcast. Please let us know when your podcast is posted so we can listen!!! I think I might look back on the posts, that sounds fun.

Hi all. Well, I made it to Christmas Eve, I am off until Monday! I'm looking forward to the break. In case you don't get on here tomorrow, I wish you a Merry Christmas! I'll pop on here tomorrow. Here's a picture of my latest crafting adventure: a shadow box of a pug in the woods. I made it with my Cricut. I'm not completely happy with it so I think I will make it over today.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:

g7iscueawbjg.jpg