NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever OK, I stepped on this morning and I’m owning it. It’s not pretty but it’s mine! :grin: Good job on meeting so much of your goals. I love it when our daily habits become consistent enough that become a part of who we are.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yup, I’ve been overeating the sweets too. Time for us to get a grip and get ready for an awesome New Year! Maggie Mae is a Cavapoo. Part poodle and part King Charles Cavalier. Most of the time she has the personality of a poodle. :grin: Yup, there is no trace of Christmas in my house except for the nutcracker puzzle on the table that my mom gave me. We had the same issue when we decided to get our new dishwasher. There was only one left in stock at our appliance store and it was more money than we wanted to spend but we did it anyway. I do love it and it's super quiet which is awesome when watching TV at night. ;)

@mswatson0777 So glad that your SO is doing great and healing. Not bingeing is a HUGE win! Take it easy and enjoy this next week off from work. <3

@trooworld, Yeah, she is very talented and just the sweetest young woman. Our church is very blessed to have her on staff. You have done great at meeting so many of your goals! Being down over 11 pounds in light of what this year has been like is awesome! I think you have improved on good habits that will give you a great New Year! :)

Good morning! Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and it is up 5.5 lbs. Yikes!! :# My fingers were so swollen last night that I had to take off my rings. This morning, I’m focused on mindset and getting myself back to where I need to be. My fasting app is turned back on, my low-carb menu is planned for the week, and I’m about to start a new workout program that is sure to murder my poor body. My focus is to get my weight going back in the right direction. I go to Florida for my nephew’s wedding on February 5th and I want to look my best. So NO more candy for me!! :grin:
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Just got word my friend didn't make it, she passed from Covid and Pneumonia..please stay safe. I am so sad, but I do know she is in a better place. I am praying for her family.

Cbabie

So sorry for your loss
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thank you...just makes you realize how precious life really is
    cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did not do well yesterday, but focused on me today. We have to leave the Christmas up until my grandson comes home for his surprise visit.. so I still have another Christmas dinner LOL. But as someone on the team stated, we just plan for it.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for the prayers. You are focused and you know YOUR plan that works for you and you have a year to get you goals for the year. Short term goals are good and get us to our long term goals. I know that you can do what you need to do, but from your profile picture, I say you look great. Yea on the Apple watch, my DD loves hers...she wonders why I have a Fitbit..LOL

@trooworld I am excited for you to get your 2 monitors..yes it certainly makes work go better and less neck strain, eye strain, all of it. I am so glad you have your creative juices flowing....I think it makes us healthier. You have a lot to be proud of You didn't gain weight or stay the same...you stayed the course. and went out of 2020 with less weight and better habits in spite of a horrible year for our nation. (especially where you live) LOL

@theslightedgeforever You have achieved so much this year. I am so proud of you and you have helped me to continue on my health journey and not give up.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I am sorry your dishwasher took a dive, can you imagine if we all really had to go back to cooking over a fire, milking the cow, etc. NOT...I am grateful for what I have. LOL I hope you get the dishwasher you need soon. NO one likes to do dishes. Well I think my DH does...I think it calms him. LOL

@mswatson0777 So glad hubby is doing well. You know it took 7 means complete..You got this..LOL Sounds like your holiday has been going well, (minus DH having to have surgery). LOL. I think you are getting in the zone and making strides in your balance.

cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you. I hope to do even better in 2021. You sound determined! That's awesome. I hope your weight comes back down tomorrow.

@cbabie How lucky to have a 2nd Christmas dinner! :D Thank you, I did get the 2 monitors set up however, dual monitors is not supported with my work's version of Office through remote desktop. But I can still use it for work in a way because sometimes I have to search the internet and I can do that from the 2nd monitor now. I agree about creativity making us healthier: it makes us more balanced and ready to live a healthier life. I do hope that 2021 is better for us all.

Hello all. Yesterday was a better day than the day before and that day wasn't too bad so I think I'm doing pretty good now. I just haven't tracked for 2 weeks. I think I will track today. Right after I'm done typing out my responses.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @teresaw1020 I'm sure most of that weight is just sodium, but the candy doesn't really help your blood sugar. Having said that, I can't seem to stop eating mini candy bars. I put them in my closet so I wouldn't see them and then I started eating them in the closet. :o this is so unlike me. It's like I've been invaded. I'm working on my January goals to see what I really want to do.

@gemwolf110 Tell us something you did right for the day.

@cbabie You are hanging in there and have shown progress as well this year. How is grandson's visit a surprise if you know about it. lol Fitbits are cheaper than Apple Watches aren't they? That's why I have a fitbit. Mine basically does the same thing. It does everything I want it to anyway.

@trooworld I got 50% You have had a wonderful year. Most people gained weight during 2020. But look how much you lost. That's awesome. You are an inspiration to us all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @retiredandlovingit At least you are still walking and can continue doing better this next year. How much weight do you have left to lose to meet your ultimate goal?

@mswatson0777 I'm still working on my next quarter goals. I'm trying to reword them since obviously the wording for this quarter didn't seem to make much of an impact. I'm glad that your SO is much better. One less thing to worry about.

# glasses of water 20/42
    Week 3 # glasses of water 34.5/42
    Week 2 # glasses of water 24/42,
    Week 1 # glasses of water 25/42,

#OP days 2/7
    Week 3 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 4/7
    Week 3 # preplanned days 6/7
    Week 2 # preplanned days 4/7,
    Week 1 # preplanned days 5/7
  • cbabie
    Options
    My day was a little better, but still had 2 pieces of candy, 2 sugar cookies and a bowl of ice cream...LOL It was all due to stress, I know what causes it, but I need to refocus. if it's any help the bowl is a small cup..LOL

@trooworld You and I need to track a least 1 meal today. Get ready set GO..LOL. That stinks about your dual monitors..glad you can utilize it partly. That's finding the good above the negative!!! Yea for you

@theslightedgeforever I had to laugh, I did the same thing with the Christmas candy...I have to hold on to some for my grandsons visit and it's in the closet so others won't eat it..I better put it somewhere else. LOL. It a surprise to his mother and Pop...They now know he is coming, but not when. Only I know when..(he needs a ride from the airport) LOL

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Congrats on being down almost 12 lbs and reading 47 books! That is a fantastic accomplishment for the year. Any goals for the upcoming year?

@cbabie Sorry the holidays are such a stressful time for you. I stress eat as well

@theslightedgeforever I'm still working on my goals as well. It's hard making them SMART goals instead of vague wishes

@TeresaW1020 It sounds like you have a great plan going forward. I wouldn't worry too much about the bloat, it'll be gone soon enough!

Hi Everyone! Everything has been going really well in this corner of the world. I have been deeply enjoying my time away from the office and have been reading books for fun and binge watching various TV seies. Edgerton just came out on Netflix and I absolutely adore it.

I've been doing okay food wise. I'm definitely not in weight loss mode but I'm also not bingeing which I call a win. I'm also getting a daily walk in and a daily workout. We've gotten all the holiday food out of the house which is helping. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and will make a couple healthy recipes to get me through the rest of the week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I got about 125%! Thank you for saying that. I appreciate your support! <3

@cbabie That's good it was a small cup. That's better than if it were a big old bowl! :) I tracked 90% of my intake yesterday. How about you? Yes, I like the dual monitors...I can work on one monitor and keep an eye on my personal email on the other...or, I can watch a YouTube video or Netflix on the other lol!

@mswatson0777 Thank you! Not binging is a big win this time of year! Congrats to you. It sounds like you are doing pretty well. Yes, here are my goals for 2021:
    Read/listen to 50 books
    Track 90% of what I eat
    Walk for 20 minutes, or do a walking video, 3 times a week
    Drink at least 60 oz of liquids every day
    Meditate for at least 10 minutes every day

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @mswatson0777 I have been wanting to check out Edgerton. Not sure my DH will like it but I might just have to turn it on and see what he says. Getting the holiday food out of the house and buying food that fits my plan is what I did yesterday too. I know we always say that these holidays are just one day but that isn’t really true when you end up with some much candy and snacks as gifts. I already told my mom that next year she needs to buy me more body wash and less chocolate. :D

@cbabie I hope you are doing even better today. Get that candy and cookies out of your house! ;)

@theslightedgeforever Being invaded is exactly what sugar does to my brain. Some candy-like really dark chocolate I can moderate and control but that stuff that is just pure sugar is like a drug for me. I’m doing a no-sugar challenge in January, which will help reset my brain. :/

@trooworld Did you track today? I think we must be determined as we go into this New Year. We have no idea what’s in store for us, but we do know we can control our responses. :)

Good morning! Yesterday, I did grocery shopping and I’m all set with low-carb dinners for the week and the candy is out of the house. After my shopping, DH and I went up to the church and we took down all the Christmas decorations and back upstairs to the storage room. The only thing left is the 12-foot tree and putting all the fake plants back on the stage. I texted the staff that they will be doing that tomorrow after our meeting. On Monday, I started a new Beachbody workout called #MBF (Muscle Burns Fat) and WOW is it a killer. Super fun and fast paced but my poor lower half is dying! Today is upper body and I’m already worried that I won’t be able to wash my hair. :D
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie So I see you have one goal for the January. Track one meal a day, that's a good start. You lost all that weight before. How did you do it? You still had a stressful life back then. I know you did some of it eating fudgesicles and kettlecorn.

@mswatson0777 I'm working on making my goals SMARTER.

mpxw4bar90i4.png

Start date. This is when you intend to begin installing this habit.
    Habit frequency. This is how often you will observe this habit.
    Time trigger. This is when you want to do the habit.
    Streak target. This is how many times in a row you must do the habit before you can consider it second nature

So for instance: “Write 500 words a day, 5 days a week at 6:00 a.m., beginning on February 1, and do it for 100 days straight.”

Hyatt, Michael. Your Best Year Ever (pp. 129-131).

@trooworld I got in 50%. Nice goals for the new year. What do you need from us to help keep you on track.

@teresaw1020 Candy usually doesn't bother me. I'm the eat one Hershey kiss and be satisfied type of person. Don't know what happened here. Yes, all we can do is control our actions and little space around us. I'm going to work on hyperfocus this next month.

# glasses of water 23/42

#OP days 2/7
    Week 3 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 4/7

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    @teresaw1020 I'm sure most of that weight is just sodium, but the candy doesn't really help your blood sugar. Having said that, I can't seem to stop eating mini candy bars. I put them in my closet so I wouldn't see them and then I started eating them in the closet. :o this is so unlike me. It's like I've been invaded. I'm working on my January goals to see what I really want to do.

@gemwolf110 Tell us something you did right for the day.

@cbabie You are hanging in there and have shown progress as well this year. How is grandson's visit a surprise if you know about it. lol Fitbits are cheaper than Apple Watches aren't they? That's why I have a fitbit. Mine basically does the same thing. It does everything I want it to anyway.

@trooworld I got 50% You have had a wonderful year. Most people gained weight during 2020. But look how much you lost. That's awesome. You are an inspiration to us all.

Hi! I went food shopping last night and didn’t over buy stuff. Instead of getting a pizza I went to Panera and got half of a turkey bravo, cup of broccoli Mac and cheese, and a strawberry banana smoothie. I only had half of a slice of my moms cranapple coffee cake that day. Didn’t eat dessert
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I went for a walk yesterday, didn't track still waiting for drama to go away..I believe in miracles. Until then, my plan is to track 1 meal a day for 1 week. Then modify again. I should make it a meal I don't normally track..Dinner LOL i jumped on the scale on Tuesday and I had gained 2 lbs. I am going to WI in on Friday so I know what I am starting my year with and then make my weight goal for the year. I also have to add exercise in my routine. I found my "Shape" DVD it was from WW. I am going to try to do that again.

@gemwolf110 Great job on shopping and eating!!

@trooworld I love all your goals. I need to have a book goal this year. I am still working on my goals. I was in a meeting yesterday for Mary Kay (I know of this) but reminders are important. LOL. 6 areas of goals, work on 2 or 3 at most at a time.

@TeresaW1020 Yea on the food shopping. I have a friend who is a coach for Beach Body and she just sent me an email again to join her.. NOT. Before I pay money for something, I want to know I will do it. LOL. I hope you are not too sore. But I love feeling sore a little because I know that's a good thing knowing you moved that much.

@theslightedgeforever You are so funny...Love the Smarter graphic. I counted points and stuck to it. I will do this. I am weird, I am really just waiting for 1/1/21 but trying to prep myself for that day. I don't know why I can't just start today..

@mswatson0777 So glad you are actually enjoying your time off. I think you made me smile real big.!!

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all..we got about 9-10" of snow yesterday. I should have helped dh get rid of it, but he used the snowblower, so not so bad. Instead I cleaned all the bathrooms, lol. My fitbit count was terrible, tho, because I took it off while doing that. I did walk on treadmill for 30 minutes this am.

@theslightedgeforever I like the Smarter graphic. I am still trying to figure out my goals for 2021.

@cbabie I guess I am weird, too, I am waiting for 1/1 also. I know I should be starting right away, but...

@TeresaW1020 Good job with getting rid of the candy & doing the grocery shopping for your lo carb meals. I don't think our church will take down the Christmas decorations for a little while yet.

@mswatson0777 Glad you are able to relax a little.

Well, my dh (Mr. Fix-it) decided to take the dishwasher apart & see what is wrong. It was the motor, but he thinks he has it going again. But also doesn't think it will last, so he ordered one to put in it. Not sure when it will come & he isn't sure if he will put it in or send it back & wait until we can buy a new one. Just putting the motor in this one would be the cheaper option, if we are satisfied with it otherwise. He loads it & unloads it, so I say its his call, lol.

Not much else in my world. I saw something interesting..I think it was Scottish..they open the back door right before midnight to send the old year out and then open the front door right after midnight to usher in the new year. Think we need to do that and get rid of 2020, but then it would require me staying awake to do it. Not sure it will happen, lol. Hope everyone has a good, safe New Years Eve. I am ready for a better 2021!!

• trooworld
    Options
    @mswatson0777 I started watching Edgerton yesterday and I loved it! I will continue on with it.

@TeresaW1020 I am liking Edgerton, too. I did track yesterday. You are probably right about being determined! It sounds like you are all set for this week. I hope your workout isn't too bad.

@theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday as well! I think I just need your support in general. I can't think of anything specific.

@cbabie I think that is an excellent plan! Yeah I find it really helps when I set a book goal. I can't wait to hear your goals for the year!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Ugh snow! It's so pretty but sooooo cold! lol Your DH is sure handy. My husband is the opposite of handy lol. That's interesting about the Scottish. Have a great New Year!

Hello all. Speaking of handy husbands, we got an IKEA bookcase that I'm *hoping* my DH will put together on Friday. If he doesn't put it together by Sunday evening, on Monday, I will begin trying to do it myself! He tends to put off handyman things, as he isn't very good at most of the things. He's okay with putting shelves together and such BUT...last weekend, we put together a desk we got and we put nearly everything on backward so we had to take the pieces off and redo them. It was super frustrating! I've heard IKEA directions aren't very good so I fear for this bookcase lol.

In other subjects, I am making appetizers and we are having that plus champagne tonight. We both wonder if we will make it to midnight, it seems to be 50/50 whether we make it in past years. I will most definitely need a nap before the festivities begin. I'm also getting the 2nd dose of the shingles vaccine today so I may not feel very well.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @gemwolf110 You did a great job on your food choices. Little things here and there will make a difference.

@cbabie I wasn't trying to be funny. lol Just showing you that it is possible to lose weight during stress and eating not so healthy things. Years ago when I first joined eDiets and did a Dr. Phil mealplan, Whenever they suggested 1/2 c. milk, I substituted a chocolate Hunts Snack Pack. it worked. I lost 22 lbs that way because I followed all of the other foods. The 2-3 goals fits in with my Michael Hyatt plan too. I have goals but I have targets within them.

@retiredandlovingit Some of my son's old roommates from Des Moines were supposed to fly to Houston yesterday. I wonder if they got snowed in? Great for your treadmill walk. I like that Scottish tradition. Mine is to watch the ball drop and sing New York, New York with jazz hands and high kicks. Well kicks......

@trooworld I forgot yesterday to say woohoo on your 125%. I got 50%. What is this show Edgerton you all are talking about. Do you mean Bridgerton? yaaay on your tracking. My hubby can be handy when he wants to. He just doesn't seem to want to on the list of things that I have written down. He kept telling me when I retire. Well hello, time is here. Now it will be just wait til it gets warmer or when covid goes away or when it's fall and then after the holidays......see where I'm going with this? He always says to me, you women want equal rights, why do I have to be the one to do this. You go on YouTube and learn how to do it. (I've often thought about using that same logic regarding the meals he eats.) lol He's lucky to have me. ;) I will say though that I am the IKEA bookcase expert now. I got tired of waiting on him and did it. (That was his plan I'm sure) By the way, there is no directions. It's a picture. lol I like words. I can understand words. My first one was put together with the help of YouTube.

My January goals:

Achieve daily food, water and exercise targets:

carb cycling schedule- 100 to 238
    water 6 glasses
    exercise- 300 calories burned x5
    zone minutes: 30

1486 cals average (weekly)

# glasses of water 26/42

#OP days 2/7
    Week 3 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 2 # OP days 6/7,
    Week 1 # OP days 3/7

# preplanned days 4/7
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I’m also planning to be hyper-focused this coming month. Maybe if we start out really strong we can keep the momentum going into the rest of the year. At least we can have it as a goal! :grin:

@cbabie Tracking one meal a day might be a good start for you. When I was tracking, I found it helped a lot if I made it part of my morning routine. Just open the tracker and put down what you think you will be eating. Then you can go back and tweak if need be but at least you tracked something. Yeah, paying for BOD wouldn’t be worth it if you didn’t use the workouts. For me, it’s one of the best $100 I spend a year! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, Yikes that is a lot of snow! :o We have always taken down our church decorations right after Advent and then we can start the New Year fresh and without new series. That is cool if your DH actually was able to fix the dishwasher. My DH’s job is loading and unloading too. I’m the cook in this house. Are you in yours? I might try that opening and closing of the doors if I stay awake tonight. :D

@trooworld, OK that is two for Edgerton so I will have to get DH and me to check it out. Right now we are addicted to two shows. The Blacklist of Netflix and The Last Alaskan Frontier on Hulu. Completely different types of shows and both my favorite thing to watch right now. IKEA is a pain in the butt! Our entire home office with desk and bookcases and shelves is IKEA and there was much cussing involved when DH put them together many years ago. Good luck with your bookcase! Your New Year’s Eve sounds fun. Will you try to stay up and watch the ball drop? I heard that they will have first responders and their families in Times Square instead of the million people they usually have every year. Yeah, you might not feel very well. That second shot kicked my DH’s butt for a couple of days.

Hi everyone! Happy New Year’s Eve! My plan for tonight is to drink champagne, finish off my dark chili chocolate bar, and watch comedies with DH. We have decided on Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Airplane. Champagne and ridiculous humor is my kind of fun! I have my charts, planner, and spreadsheets all ready for the New Year, and like I told theslightedge above, January is going to be hyper-focused. I just got in the new pantsuit that I plan to wear to my nephew’s wedding and it’s super cute but the top is a little snug. So I have a month to get my tummy to flatten a bit more. Of course, I do have Spanx to help with the process. ;)

• cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, been a different busy here today. Most everyone in my house had some kind of nightmare last night and I dreamed an awful lot. I heard in my spirit how the animals KNEW something was about to change the earth forever on Christmas Eve night...I felt like 2020 is ending and we sense the excitement of 2021. Who knows..could be I am just wishing. LOL. I was working on a paper that says.."Creating 2021". A lot of questions and as I read my answers it is my goal to have health. (Spiritual, physical, mental, emotional and Financial). One of the questions is What is an underdeveloped talent you are willing to explore is 2021... "Blogging/Writing". It was good to look and explore what I think for next year. So here are some things I am putting as goals and then will be defining later.

12 Books this year _ some for knowledge and some for pleasure
    Change my eating habits - includes the tracking
    Consistent in my health
    1 craft project a month - sewing, cross stitching, crocheting, etc. (that relaxes me)
    laugh more

@TeresaW1020 I love you NY plans...I think you gave trooworld a view of the future with the bookcase.LOL. Maybe someday the $100 will be worth it to me. LOL

@trooworld I am like my sister, what is this Edgerton..I can't find it. LOL we could have our own Neflix club on here.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I love love love that Scottish thing. Your DH sounds like mine...I think we are all about the same age...probably how we were trained. :)

@theslightedgeforever I will let you know when I get my goals finished, still trying to work in the book.. I am feeling much better about goals than in the past few years. You are right...I worked the points back then. What ever fit into the points I had for the day...I need to look at Calories as points...maybe..LOL. The points really worked for me..the only thing that really did.

I hope everyone has a great Safe New Years Eve and we all start the New Year refreshed and ready to achieve and tweak our goals as life happens.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    I missed one thing on my goals. My goal is to keep walking and on days I can do my treadmill as well or in place of. I love the walking, I feel it is almost as important as breathing.