NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 I'm so glad you took the three days to relax! Did you read anything good? Achieve sounds like a perfect word for your year. Yes, you did thrive, well done! I'm glad my pup is okay, too. I was really worried! Thanks re: the car. I love it!

@theslightedgeforever I got 100%, too! Well done, us! Yes, I think it helps to do the water with meals. The car came with not one but 4 manuals!!! I'm figuring it out though and less nervous to drive it.

@cbabie I'm glad you got "some" sleep. I'm sorry it was interrupted. Thanks re: the pup and the car. I'm glad I made you think! ;) Goooo, cbabie!

Hello all. I made a good meal last night but I was in the kitchen for 2 hours working on it which is unacceptable. Luckily, tonight's dinner is much easier. Last night, I made a vegan nut loaf, mashed potatoes, and honey glazed Hasselback butternut squash. I was so tired by the time I was done, I watched TV for about 45 minutes and then went to sleep. I wanted good sleep so I wore my sleep mask (it has Bluetooth speakers in it). I listened to a Headspace sleep thing all night and I don't know if it helped but I felt like it did. My sleep tracker says otherwise.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie I'm glad you got some sleep last night. It sounds like you are making small habit changes towards your goals. Reading your posts over the last year my biggest takeaway is that you're someone who always puts others before yourself. I hope this year you're able to intentionally put yourself first sometimes because you're worth it!

@theslightedgeforever Do you have any big takeaways during the pandemic year? How are your goals going so far in the new years?

@trooworld I did! I re-read Mary Jo Putney's Fallen Angels series (legitimately I got through almost 4 books in 3 days!!). She's one of my favorite Regency authors. And your dinner sounds amazing, but I agree that 2 hours is just too much! I hope tonight's is much much easier

Happy Tuesday All. So you know how yesterday I entered into work with a zen, relaxed attitude? Yeah...that lasted 30 minutes. I then quickly got scheduled 7 meetings and had three major tasks put on my plate on top of catching up with over a hundred emails. So yeah...yesterday sucked. Today I also have 7 back-to-back-to-back meetings so I guess I know why I'm always so stressed and on edge. My first spring term course also opened up yesterday and she assigned a 24 pages of papers on top of the required readings, lectures and discussion posts, on top of my dissertation edits that will soon be coming my way. Can I go back to winter break please? I miss that feeling already.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld WOW that new Prius is sexy, and I never thought I would say that about a Prius! :grin: I’m glad that your DH agreed that you needed a new car. Have fun learning all that it can do. Glad your dog is better too! :)

@mswatson0777 Achieve is a great word for you this year! :) You work so hard on your goals that you are definitely going to achieve them all. Yes, I love MBF too! Megan goes so fast and I’ve had to learn to drop weight because of the number of reps and lack of rest she gives us. I do wish I could find some 20 lb dumbbells though. Maybe someday! :/ The only thing with the program that I have to really modify is the AMRAP. If I go that fast and lose form that is what will screw up my back and I plan to protect that at all cost.

@cbabie Good job on getting in some decent sleep. Love the Power Girls and Power Ranger graphics. I don’t care which one we are but I am for sure the girl in pink! B)

Good morning! I slept in until almost 8 am. I guess my body needed to catch up from my super early waking yesterday. I’m leaving in a few minutes to run to Walmart and will do my workout when I come back home. I’m meeting my goals and that feels great. I have this graphic that I use for my workouts and I also have one for my weight. I color in days with different colors for when I lose weight, stay the same, gain, and for a new low. It’s a good visual and I think it will be interesting to see what it looks like by the end of the year.

b1b12hi1dkvr.jpg

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited January 2021
    @cbabie I never liked Powerpuff Girls. lol Dd loved them while little ds was a Power Ranger fanatic. He had the costume he would wear all the time. I should go find the pics. :D What goal are you trying to meet again? Listen to mswatson advice. It's okay to be selfish sometimes.

@trooworld Woohoo we both got 100% Is that a first? Post the recipe for the squash.. I have one sitting in there I need to use.

@mswatson0777 Big takeaways: Prior to pandemic in mid-late January, I got sick and took a steroid and it immediately made me gain 7 lbs. That messed with my mind. I was extremely sick three weeks and did none of my habits. I spent the next 3 weeks floundering, Then in March pandemic stuff started and eggs were hard to find and then dh said he would rather we had groceries delivered because of me and my mil. He was afraid for us. Then I couldn't always get the groceries I needed. So more floundering. I tried a couple of times to get back on my plan but it would only last a couple of weeks and not 6 months like I had done from Aug to Jan. The things that happened were not in my control. I just need to focus on what I can control. Keeping the habits that I was doing those 6 months. Going back and looking at my food diaries, I saw I let a couple of things sneak in and they became new habits. I gained 18 lbs in 2020. As for my habits this first week of 2021, things are going spectacular. I flipped my switch on. I'm being methodical about my habits right now regarding these goals. Somehow all of this seems to help me make good choices. I'm only focusing on one day. Luckily my program is flexible enough that I can still have some treats if I want them because I want to lose weight how I'm going to maintain my ideal weight. So I see you are back to busy stress mode already into the new semester. I hope you find some zen time in your day even if it's 5 min. What did you learn from 2020?

@teresaw1020 Woohoo on meeting your goals: We'll have to take turns being the pink power ranger. Or you can take morning shift and I'll take the evening shift. Who would know? lol I had the same thing today regarding sleep. I slept in til 8. I never do that. I'm a 5:30-6 type of gal. I'm stealing your graphic. I love it.

January goals:

Green Day- Stayed OP 118/238 gm o:)
    Intentional Exercise-45 min walking o:)
    Water-100% o:)
    Zone minutes 33 minus 2 due to inactivity 6/8 o:)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Wow, that's fantastic! I am a slow reader, it takes me FOREVER to read a book. Yes, the dinner was amazing. I made Thai Chicken Meatball Soup last night, it was much easier and still delicious! Gosh, I'm sorry about your workday yesterday. That sounds like a lot of work (both your work and school).

@TeresaW1020 LOL! Thank you! It is very sporty (for a Prius!). I am in love. This new car is much safer and that's why I wanted a new car, right? wink wink I'm glad the pup is better too, he's back to his old self. I can't remember the last time I slept in until 8. My body wakes me up between 4-5 every day no matter what day of the week it is. :( Thanks for the graphic, I might do that. And congrats on meeting your goals!

@theslightedgeforever I think it is a first! I got 100% yesterday as well. Here's the recipe for the squash (I substituted sugar-free maple syrup for half of the honey): https://thehealthyfoodie.com/hasselback-butternut-squash/

Hello all. I have to go into work today and I'm glad, I have a lot to do. I met all of my goals yesterday which felt nice. My weight has stayed the same 3 days in a row. We are having a BLT Salad tonight for dinner so it should probably go down tomorrow but who knows.

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I will take the morning shift since my powers are particularly strong after I have my coffee. :D Looks like you are in the groove with your January goals!

@Trooworld, Ohhhh yeah, all we girls think about is safety and important things like gas mileage. NOT that our car is super cute! :D Your weight will drop. Just keep focused on what works for you.

Good morning! I’m sitting here next to my dog, who is in her crate, as two handymen are trying to fix our broken garbage disposal, again! And they are also going to replace my mom’s toilet with one of those comfort height ones. She has knee problems and has been having a hard time getting up and down from the lower one that is in her bathroom. So, she is putting her government check to good use and not just buying clearance clothes online. :grin: I’m taking today off from working and resting my tired body. We resume church tonight and I’m looking forward to seeing the kiddos again. Weight was down again this morning, which made me happy considering that I ate twice yesterday and even had a snack. But it was all low carb and high fat and protein, which my body really seems to prefer. :)
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 MBF is definitely challenging! I did her EMOM workout and trying to do 8 inchworms in was NUTS! Congrats on the loss, you are doing AMAZING!

@trooworld BLTs are one of my favorite meals so that salad sounds awesome. Way to go on completing your goals!!

@theslightedgeforever It truly has been a challenging year weight wise. It is so hard when things are out of our control (who expected a pandemic when we made our 2020 goals?!). It sounds like you have a great mindset and a great plan going forward. In 2020 I learned I am more resilient than I thought. I got all my stress coping mechanisms taken away from me and had to create new ones. It was incredibly challenging and emotional but I'm making it through.

Happy Wednesday all! Today is another stressful day at work. Yesterday I ended my work day, took the dogs for a walk, and immediately crawled into bed under a weighted blanket and stayed there for the rest of the night. Today after work I'm meeting up with some friends for a socially distanced walk so at least I've got something to look forward to. I've been sticking with the MBF workouts in the mornings which have been fantastic. My muscles are definitely sore!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Morning all. The week has been going good. Either getting on the treadmill or going for a good outdoor walk. And been doing the core work out plan from mfp and the full body strong on Fitbit. Today is going to be a nice day -2C so will get in an outdoor walk today as well as a full body Fitbit workout. Will possibly do some an work as well. Eating has been good. Weight is coming down. After 2 days of being at the same weigh I have been logging it. So just about down 5 lbs (easy first 10 to loose went on fast and easy) but will wait till tomorrow to make sure weight is still down before logging it. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Of course we do! ;) Thanks for your support. That's good your mom can have a toilet that is more comfortable, a good use for that money! I'm glad you are listening to your body.

@mswatson0777 Thank you! I'm sorry your work life seems to be sucking lately. Do you anticipate it will eventually change? I have a weighted blanket, I like it. Enjoy your walk!

Hello everyone. My weight is up again, however, I know that what I ate yesterday significantly contributed to why: my colleagues gave me chocolate for Christmas: peanut M&Ms and Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates, and I ate half of the hazelnut chocolates and about 10 pieces of peanut M&Ms. :/ My plan for today is to eat healthily and get a walk in.

• TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Ohhhh yeah me doing those inchworms wasn’t a pretty sight! I do love the weightlifting portion of this program. I hope you have a nice walk with your friends. :)

@renaegry Keep up the great work you are doing! B)

@trooworld Ohhh man those two candies would be super hard for me to resist too. My mom gave DH some Ferrero Rocher for Christmas and he gave them to me and of course, they were eaten in about two days. :grin: You will do better today! :)

Good morning! So, no staff meeting today. Instead, we are doing a group phone call to discuss this Sunday. Two of our staff have to work at their regular job and our outreach coordinator came down with COVID last Friday. I was with her last Thursday, but we had all sat at our own round table in a huge room, so I wasn’t too worried since we had stayed distant from each other. It’s just a fact that anyone can get it at any time. :/ My mom sees her doctor next Monday and plans to ask about the vaccine and when it might be available for her. I would love to see her get it before we travel to Florida next month. Today’s plan is to work out, fast 19 hours, eat Keto, and have no sugar. I am in the zone and determined to stay there!
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2021
    @trooworld I got 100% again. For Tuesday also. Thanks for the recipe You are doing well this month. Keep it up. So what did you do with the chocolates? Besides the ones you ate. :p I've always kept a choc stash and I can usually control myself with one piece. Don't know what happened during the last 2 weeks of December. I'm blaming hormones. I was just not myself. But all is good now. I'm back to my normal self right now.

@teresaw1020 Hooray on your weight loss. This is our year. We have one of those raised toilet seats for my mil now. She has osteoarthritis in both knees and it's getting harder and harder to get up and down. Poor thing, I make her stand up and sit down 5 times x3 times a day from her chair in the living room. Per physical therapy orders. She hates that. But they told us to keep her muscles strong. She uses a walker so she pulls up with that. I have heard that instead of throwing extra vaccines away before they expire, they are giving them away. My friend and her hubby got one yesterday. They had listed their names in the clinic, maybe they have that in your area.

@mswatson0777 Yes I learned that evidently I don't have a Plan B in place when things change and the car goes off in the ditch. I'm still trying to figure out why exercise was easily brought back but not the food. Probably a comfort thing. Exercise doesn't give me comfort. So we keep learning and adapt to our surroundings. Yaay for your walk.

@renaegry Look at who's a loser now. :) Doesn't it feel good? I need to find those fitbit workouts you keep talking about so I can try something new.

I lost 3.9 lbs this week (Makes up for the 4 lbs I gained last week) Now the real work begins. I forgot to tell you all about my dr visit results.

Blood tests came back really good. Despite my fasting bs rising from 98 to 108 and back in pre-diabetic levels, my overall A1c came back lower than 2018's numbers and I'm still in the normal range. So another year of NO DIABETES. My cholesterol numbers were super good. For the first time ever, my HDL numbers rose above 50 (actually 61-optimal) and my LDL the bad one was under 100.(97-optimal) it never is. Somehow I'm eating better than I have been in the past but I gained 24 lbs. I guess just more of healthy food? lol My total cholesterol always has been under 200.

I had a hip and pelvis xray because of the constant pain in my left hip especially when I lay on it trying to sleep. Turns out I have something called osteoitis pubis. Inflammation of the bone. It's where the leg connects to the pelvis. So she'll probably send me to PT. I looked up YouTube and have started doing some exercises on my own. I have slight degeneration in both hips due to normal aging. Funny thing was that they said mostly athletes are treated with this disorder. Soccer players and football players with overuse. Starts, stops, suddenly changing directions. Don't know how I got it. At least it's not bone cancer. My mind went there straight away cause we have bone cancer that runs in the family. Plus I'm too much like my paternal grandmother. lol

January goals:

Red Day- Stayed OP 85/100 gm o:)
    Intentional Exercise-49 min walking, weights, stretching o:)
    Zone minutes 32 minus 0 due to inactivity 9/8 o:)

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I did do better in some aspects, I got into the chips but I didn't eat chocolate! That's probably wise to have a phone call instead. I hope your mom can get the vaccine. Go, girl, it does sound like you are in the zone!

@theslightedgeforever Me too! We are on a roll. I left the chocolates at my job, I think knowing that they will be there, I can go back to controlling myself around chocolate (I used to be able to eat just one piece of chocolate and be fine). I think I have an explanation for my eating behavior, more below. I'm glad you are back to your normal self. I hope to be soon. Congrats on the loss! Congrats on your blood test results! I'm glad that the hip pain is something fixable.

Hello all! Well, I was thinking about why I'm always hungry and I began looking back through my fitness tracker records and also the way I have been feeling. I am chronically tired and my tracker reflects that: last month, I averaged 6 hrs 26 mins of sleep (most of it being classified as light sleep), during the week my average goes down to about 6 hrs (I catch up on sleep on the weekends with naps and sleeping in a little). This has to be why I am always hungry and so I contacted my doctor to get a referral to the sleep clinic. I have an appointment with my doctor this morning to talk about it. I hope I can get this figured out.

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Great weight loss this week!! B) I’m still working off my holiday gain but getting a little closer every day. Nice numbers from the doctor. That has to make you feel good about what you have been doing in spite of the gain you had. Yikes, sorry about the osteoitis pubis! Happy it’s not bone cancer too. I have a lot of pain in my right hip that I blame on the way I sleep. Lots of o:) halos for you again. Wayyy to go!!

@trooworld Yup, I would totally agree that your hunger is related to your lack of sleep. You can’t really make up sleep. You need good sleep every night. I hope you can find help by going to a sleep clinic. Girl, get those chips out of your life! :grin:

Good morning! So, I lost 1.5 lbs this week. I wish it had been more, but I’ll take what I can get. We are taking our pastor and his wife out to dinner tonight at our favorite Italian restaurant. I plan to mostly stick to my low carb but will probably eat a little calamari appetizer with DH and have a piece of their bread. Dinner will be grilled salmon and sauteed broccoli so that will be good. I do plan to exercise a little extra today and I will fast until dinner. I’m not letting this derail my progress! B)
  • theslightedgeforever
    No time to talk but wanted to post my stats

January goals:

Green Day- Stayed OP 160/238 gm o:)
    Intentional Exercise-60 min walking, weights, stretching o:)
    Zone minutes 34 minus 3 due to inactivity 5/8 o:)
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 Way to go on the loss! 1.5lbs in a week is absolutely fantastic!

@trooworld I'm glad you're getting in to go to a sleep clinic, I know I am always ravenous when I'm tired

@theslightedgeforever Glad your stats are looking awesome! And I totally get you with the plan B. My problem is is that once I go off plan, I go WAY off track. It's like slashing all your tires when you get a flat so to speak.

@renaegry Congrats on the loss!

Happy Weekend All! This was truly an exhausting and overwhelming week and I have a feeling next week will be the same. I'm currently pouring a low calorie drink and looking forward to diving into some mindless books this weekend before classes start on Monday. My friends and I are going to start a book club so we can conscientiously keep reading for fun in our lives even when life gets crazy. I've been doing well with exercise and calorie goals this week so I'm hoping I can keep it up this weekend!
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 LOL...I bought the chips to go with a meal but then we didn't end up having the meal so the chips were just in the house! I think 1.5 lbs is a fabulous loss, congrats! I hope you had fun going out to dinner, that sounds nice.

@theslightedgeforever I got 100% again. I see you did too, well done!

@mswatson0777 Yes, that's how I've been feeling. :( Happy weekend! Starting a book club sounds fun. I'm part of a book club with a bunch of people I don't know and that just provokes anxiety lol.

Hello all. Well, I didn't get a referral to the sleep clinic, my doctor instead did two things: 1) she prescribed me long-acting Ambien and 2) she informed me that she isn't my permanent doctor, she just fills in for the other doctors, she doesn't take on permanent clients. This was a bummer because for 4 months now, I thought I had switched doctors to her and I liked her! She did give me the names of some good doctors in her clinic that were taking on permanent clients and so I picked one and made an appointment to get to know her. I'm trying to stay out of the stores as much as possible because you may have heard that CA's COVID numbers are outrageous and there has been at least one new strain found in my area that is more contagious. So, I ordered groceries through Instacart. I still need to go to 2 stores though: one for 3 things (this is a large grocery store that I plan on going to when it is least busy) and the other for my produce and feta (it's a small store and not that busy when I go so I think I'm ok).

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I am sorry I have not been on here. Life got crazy starting Wed and I am almost caught up with things that got left behind. I haven't given up, but my emotional state decided not to even try to follow my plan. All I can tell you , is that I had someone throw a rock threw my window that I was sitting in front of and shattered the window. My desk and room was covered in glass, but physically I was not harmed. Which I know was God protecting me. I have been through all kinds of emotions and I didn't eat all of them, but frankly I didn't care if I did. I have been working on "feeling safe" again. It was at the one place that was my "safe" zone from family drama, world drama, etc. So please forgive me for not being on here. I haven't given up on my goals..they took a brief detour.

I am not sure I can play catch up on the post, but what I have read sounds like you guys are in your groove and getting back on track and 2021 is looking good health wise.

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..still here, just not really "feeling it" lately. Our internet, phone, & tv was out from 1-2 until 1-6. Long story but turns out that our cable company shut us off at the box for no reason, right in the middle of Iowa State's bowl game!! When the tech came out to figure out what was wrong, that's the answer. So mad..and no one can give me answer on why!!

@theslightedgeforever wow, fabulous loss!! Glad your numbers are doing great! I need to get my wellness check scheduled, but kinda scared, not eating well.

@cbabie Oh No!! Do you have any idea who did that? We need to feel safe in our homes, considering all else going on. I know you won't give up, so just start baby steps when you can.

@mswatson0777 Sorry for such a hard time at work, and hope next week isn't as bad as you expect. Reading for fun should be more relaxing.

@trooworld Chips usually aren't safe to keep here, but lately I have been doing better with them. Your new car is beautiful!!

@TeresaW1020 Hope your dinner was as great as it sounded. We have one of those higher stools & once you get used to it, it is hard to use normal height ones. You feel like you are falling on the way down, lol. Your loss was great too, they say to only lose 1-2# a week.

Got my second shingles shot on Thurs. This one is bothering me a little more than the first, headachy, etc. so I haven't done much yesterday & so far today. I asked how soon we might get the Covid shot, and they don't have any idea. But since then, I keep hearing maybe my age group (71) isn't too far off. Darn...I think I have to wait 2-4 wks after getting the shingles one to get the Covid one. Oh well, no sense worrying about it now.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Oh yeah, my word for 2021 is HEALTH. I suppose that is vague, but...

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Way to rock another day of goals. Do you find that when you are doing so well that it motivates you even more? I know it does me. :)

@mswatson0777 What a good idea to do a book club. With your crazy life of school and work you definitely need to focus on relaxation. Keep up the good work with your eating and exercise too. :)

@trooworld Well, that is a bummer that your doctor isn’t really your doctor. But I hope that the Ambien will be something that really works for you. I take a 10 mg Melatonin, Magnesium, and two night time Advil every night to help me sleep. Doesn’t always work but it helps. Yeah, I heard about CA and the COVID numbers. Crazy that there is a new strain running around the world. What we need is to get most of the country vaccinated so we can get on with living our lives. I told DH today that if I’m still forced to wear a mask this summer, I will be buying contacts. :D

@cbabie Ohhh I am so very sorry that your life is in such turmoil right now. Thank God that you weren’t hurt by the broken glass. You are in my prayers. <3

@RetiredAndLovingIt Ohhhh that would have made me livid to have my stuff shut down for no reason. I hope you demanded financial compensation. Yeah, that Shingle shot is no joke. I hope you feel better soon and that you will be able to get the shot. My mom plans to ask her doctor on Monday about when we can expect it here. I don’t care about getting it myself until all our seniors get it, but I sure want my mom and DH to get it. :)

Hey everyone! Dinner last night was super fun and I actually think I did pretty well considering how good the restaurant is. We shared appetizers and I had the grilled salmon, sauteed broccoli, and a Caesar salad with no croutons. Looking at my husband's big bowl of linguine didn’t even seem appealing to me. Probably because I haven’t had salmon in forever and I was too busy stuffing my face with it. :D Today I did a long workout, and I created a hybrid calendar for the next four weeks that will include the current #MBF because I love the weight days and the other days I will do Barre Blend. I’m also going to supplement with extra treadmill work. I really want to ramp up my workouts and see what I can do before this wedding in January. I need my tummy to shrink a bit more and yes, I do know it all really comes down to diet so I will really be watching very closely for the rest of this month too. :) We did get some sad news today, my DH’s ex-wife had gotten COVID last month and they thought she was OK, but then she came down with pneumonia, and because of her bad heart she passed away this morning. Their oldest son had just driven down last night was with her when she passed. DH is being a rock for his sons as they grieve. :/
  • trooworld
    @cbabie OH my gosh! I'm glad you are okay (at least physically). I'm so sorry that happened to you. ((( HUGS ))) to you. Did you call the police?

@RetiredAndLovingIt That stinks about your internet, phone, and TV. I would be mad, too. Yeah, I have a hard time with chips. Thanks re: the car. I got my 2nd shingles shot recently and had a headache from it, too. HEALTH is a good word for 2021: you can focus on health in general, that's great.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I really liked her! Oh well. I've tried melatonin and magnesium and that doesn't do anything for me. Hopefully the Ambien will help. Yes to the vaccinated! I bet a lot of people are buying contacts. My mask doesn't fog up my glasses, I put my mask up under my glasses and that seems to help. Salmon is so good! Great job at the restaurant, woo hoo! I'm sorry about the loss of your husband's ex. That is good that the son was able to be with her.

@theslightedgeforever, I got 100% yesterday.

Hello all. My weight keeps climbing and I even ate well yesterday. I don't know what is up with that but I am determined to see a loss this week. Yesterday, I bought 4 snack containers and filled them with healthy snacks (see picture). In my snack boxes are: red pepper strips and single-serving hummus, 1 1/2 oz of reduced-fat cheddar, cherry tomatoes, and 28 grams of spicy pistachios. Plus I have a bag of cuties. This all should keep me out of the chips!

izhyfu6kuzmk.jpg