NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes! And the sun was out (although it was a bit chilly). Good job with the bike. That's great your doctor noticed your loss, and congrats on that. Yummy dinner.

@theslightedgeforever Oh good idea. Ah I didn't catch that about the bag. But then again, that could mean a bag of fresh cauliflower rice from the produce section. But if it worked for you to use your frozen homemade cauliflower rice, I'm sure it would work to use a bag of frozen. I know what you mean, they write way too much junk. I love Salisbury steak, I'm glad you get to have some while your DH is out of town.

Hi all. I dropped off the painting yesterday and picked up my new business cards. I got home and my husband didn't feel like cooking. We contemplated ordering pizza or other food delivery but it would be $40+ for pizza and $66+ for Chinese food so thankfully, my husband suddenly felt like making dinner lol. We had an America's Test Kitchen recipe, Creamy Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew. It was really good but a bit spicy (not too much for our palate, though).

Water yesterday: 65 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, sorry the last couple of days I had to choose exercise or get on here. LOL. So today no exercise, but I am on here. I have been getting on my treadmill walking when I get home from taking baby girl to school. I need the movement. LOL

@trooworld take out is expensive isn't it. I just yelled at DH like if you guys want to eat dinner, you have to give me a few minutes in the morning to get it started or don't eat the choice is yours...LOL. I love Sweet Potatoes.

@theslightedgeforever oh that sounds so good...did you make home made salisbury steak? I buy the frozen pre-made. LOL Glad you are getting your focus back.

@fabgeekmom great job on the bike, it's nice to get good news from a Dr right?

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Good job on walking the treadmill. @trooworld ATK recipes are always good. Good choice. Hi, all. DH and I went swimming today. The water is always good. Tonight we are eating salad and then last of the turkey ragu that’s in the freezer.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you have been prioritizing your health. Take-out/delivery is so expensive. By the time you pay the delivery fees and tip, it's double what it should be. LOL you are funny. I love sweet potatoes, too.

@fabgeekmom Yes! That's good you went swimming. I take it the pool is an indoor pool?

Hi all. Not much going on. I got a new lunch bag last week and this week, I've been bringing more snacks to work because it is a bigger bag with more room for snacks. That seems to be helping me stay out of the vending machines. I did go to the cafe for breakfast yesterday at work, I just couldn't face eating yogurt and berries yesterday, I have been eating them every day for weeks now.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I am sitting here eating my protein mug cake. I tried a different protein powder and yea well I won't buy it again. LOL. Going to try to walk to day, I just have so many appointments, not sure I will get it done.

@trooworld do you like breakfast burritos? I have a recipe I make up and freeze. I should have had one this morning instead of this yucky mug thing. LOL Great. job on less snacks from the machine.

@fabgeekmom Yea for the pool..maybe this year I will use our pool more than I have in years past. I haven't decided if we are having subs, or spaghetti tonight..LOL Either way lots of carbs. :)

cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Yes, the pool is indoors and heated. Bringing snacks to work is a good idea. My son discovered Atkins nacho protein chips. I had some with lunch and they were good. @cbabie I love swimming. I can raise my heart rate without hurting myself. Hi, all. It is raining and cold today. I went grocery shopping with my son as he has the day off. I didn’t want to get out but it was worth it as he is a big help when I shop. Tonight we are having ATK ground beef and cheese enchiladas. We are using 93/7 ground beef and low fat cheese which will reduce the calories. I just got off the bike. I don’t like to exercise in the afternoon but sometimes I have no choice.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's too bad you don't like the protein powder. I do love breakfast burritos, can you share the recipe please?

@fabgeekmom Oh that's nice. Yes, the snacks will help me. I'll have to check out those chips. That's good you went grocery shopping. Good job doing the bike.

Hi all. Well, another week, another gain: + 0.2 lbs so basically a maintain but still, I'm sick of it. One of my problems is that I need to drink more water. I need to find a way to do that. I drink a 25 oz tumbler on the way to work, then one or two more 25 oz tumblers at work, plus coffee, but it isn't enough. It is supposed to rain starting late tonight through the weekend. I have no real plans (yet) besides enjoying the rain and getting groceries.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Too bad about the weight gain. It’s good to have a weekend without plans. Hi, all. The sun is out today, finally! Maybe we’ll have some spring weather. I made steel cut oats in the instant pot this morning. I followed a Skinnytaste recipe. I hadn’t eaten them in a while and they were good and filling. Today is a swim day. We aren’t doing steak tonight as we will be eating heavily this weekend. My son is making ATK potato salad and lemon cake. Plus baking a ham. So tonight we’re having shrimp that he made to go with grits a few weeks ago. Plus some tuna that I will sear. I’m making grits but leaving out the butter. Today is a swim day.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    npspym6zxa2t.jpeg

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday! Weigh in day didn’t go well. Keep going in wrong direction. Will be power cleaning today.

CW : 218
    GW : 115
    HW : 228.8
  • trooworld
    edited March 30
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. It is, I've had such busy weekends lately! I'm glad you are having good weather. I like steel-cut oats on occasion. That's a good idea to balance out your eating to accommodate the heavier eating. Enjoy the swim.

@gemwolf110 Happy Saturday! Same here, hang in there.

Hi all. One of my dogs is totally freaked out about the upcoming storm (rain/thunderstorm). It's supposed to storm today and tomorrow. Violet has her ears back and was terrified outside. They say that dogs can sense changes in the barometric pressure and smell the rain coming, I believe it. I made an air-fryer pork tenderloin coated with a coffee citrus rub for dinner. It came out really well. I was supposed to make Skinnytaste's pea salad but our mint was bad and we didn't have any dill. Instead, I made cheesy cauliflower. One of my favorite things to eat on a rainy day is homemade ramen (not the packaged kind, but the kind with homemade broth etc). I am making spicy Tan Tan Ramen. I have a headache, likely from the changes in the barometric pressure. I have to run some errands today and get groceries but that's about it.

Water yesterday: 24 oz

• Crowegirl49
    Crowegirl49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just deleted my Weight Watchers app after years of being on WW. I just haven’t made much progress there. And at $25 a month why?? So here I am on this site and I’m going to count calories instead of points. I think that’s going to hold me much more accountable to what I stick in my mouth, I’m glad to see some WW people here and hope to join your community
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I am glad to hear from you! Too bad about the weigh gain. @trooworld Sorry about your dod’s reaction to the weather and your headache. My joints often hurt when the weather changes. The pork tenderloin and cheesy cauliflower sound good. I love ramen. @Crowegirl49 Welcome to our group. I am a former Lifetime member. I deleted my app when the studio was too far to drive to. I had gained 10 pounds and lost it in one year. Now I am maintaining. Hi, all. I’m going to workout on my bike today and maybe go for a walk when it gets warmer. I’m looking forward to our meal tonight.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Crowegirl49 Welcome to our board! Yeah I felt the same way. I paid for about 7 years and finally just gave up and came here. I haven't made much progress but that is not the fault of MFP. I'm glad you found us!

@fabgeekmom Thanks. The pork and cauliflower were good. I'm glad your weather is good enough to go for a walk. I hope you enjoyed the meal.

@theslightedgeforever @cbabie Hello ladies, where are you???

Hi all. Yesterday was a great day for me: I stuck to my eating plan and got a lot done, including starting on a new art piece. The ramen was delicious. Today, I have to deal with my clothes that need to be folded at some point. But I need to work more on this art piece, it's for an April 12 exhibition deadline. I am making Skillet Pizza Pesto Orzo for dinner tonight.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    lwvvg3i2bd1i.jpeg

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Missy
  • cbabie
    Options
    Happy Easter all, Sorry the work I had done on my mouth, just wore me out. I am bruised on the right side of my face..LOL. I am sure I am not going to eat healthy today and not even going to worry about it. It's raining here and church was to be outside with an easter egg hunt for the kids. I am sure all will be inside now. LOL

@trooworld I will share the recipe for the burritos on my next post. (I have to go find it, I have it on chicken scratches..LOL It's basically ground turkey, eggs, a little milk, onion, bell pepper, spinach, spices (I have to tone it done for my tasted buds. LOL) and the shell you want to use. Everyone here loves them. I hope you have a great Easter and have fun working on your Art. I draw stick figures. LOL

@fabgeekmom Yum, lemon cake sounds yummy!! It's so nice you have your son to help. You are a better person, I am not sure I could exercise in the PM, that's why I am not consistent right now. :)
    Happy Easter

@Crowegirl49 Welcome aboard...I too was a lifetime on WW and here we are. (funny the goal they had for me, I am under, but now I am shorter and need to lose a little more) LOL. I am so glad you found us. This group is small, but VERY supportive and encouraging. Happy Easter

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry about your mouth and the rain. I’m sure the kiddos will have fun inside. @trooworld Good job on sticking to your eating plan. The skillet orzo sounds good. Hi, all. Happy Easter! The weather is still nice so I went for a walk. I also rode my indoor bike. Lunch was a salad with tuna and reduced fat feta. I ate a half package of protein chips. I’m going to relax the rest of the day. Dinner is leftovers from last night plus an ATK recipe for string beans as we ate most of the collards. We’ll probably finish the cake and potato salad. We’ll eat ham sandwiches for a few days before I freeze it for later.
  • Crowegirl49
    Crowegirl49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    . Getting the hang of this new program. I pre-planned some meals using skinny taste. I was able to load them into the mail planner. I use that a lot with WW makes meal planning very easy. The only hard thing is sticking to your plan!
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @Crowegirl49 It gets easier as you get used to a new format. I actually like it better than WW.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @Crowegirl49 Welcome to the group!

Quick check in. Happy Easter to all that celebrate.

I walked for 36 min today with hubby. We didn't finish our usual route because he said his back was twinging. But we did get out there. Can't believe tomorrow is April. This first quarter of the year has really flown by. Did you meet your quarterly goals? I can tell you I didn't. So what will be your goals the rest of spring?
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good job on the walk. Too bad about DH’s back. My only goal is to keep on keeping on, maintaining my weight and not gaining any.