NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Your chicken soups sounds good. Makes me crave chicken noodle with wide flat noodles in it. Is this something that is eaten just during Passover or can be eaten any time? It reminds me of drop dumpling soup. I guess the difference is the unleavened grain. I was just thinking is that lighter in carbs? lol One of my "to do" tasks on my someday list is make Homemade Kodiac mix.

@trooworld The "they" is MFP. I'm following their low carb meal plan. 28 day plan and they have daily tasks and a meal plan each week to follow. At the same time teaching you how to make up your own meal plans when this is finished. I'm going to check out your chicken recipe. I'm having smashed potatoes tomorrow. So this might be a good compliment. Just bought some mushrooms this morning. I was planning on airfrying those for a snack but I'll use half in this recipe. I don't like chiropractors because "crack". Hubby swears by them though. Each to his own I say.

Yes the tennis ball thing worked out okay. I only did 15 min but got my heartrate up higher than when I'm on the treadmill. I just moved the area rug out of the way and started playing. I did an extra 15 min walk.
    Food was within boundaries. Water 40 oz
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom It was! Thanks. I think it will. That's good your daughter's husband isn't picky...mine is kind of in some ways. Oh that's right, I forgot you were going to Yosemite! Good idea to make extra of the waffles. That's good that you didn't force yourself to eat something you didn't think was worth it. I mostly throw things out but sometimes I do force myself to eat it.

@theslightedgeforever Oh haha. That sounds interesting. Yes, I think it would be a good compliment to smashed potatoes. It definitely would be "plain" by itself but with potatoes, it was good. Ah, yeah there are definitely the "cracks" lol. That's good the tennis ball thing got your heartrate up. Sounds like you are doing awesome.

Hello all. The chiropractor appt went well. I think he will really be able to help me in many ways. He explained things well and took my concerns seriously. He said I actually have two things going on with my heel: plantar fasciitis and something called fat pad syndrome (which makes it feel like I have a big bruise on my heel): https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/what-to-know-heel-fat-pad-syndrome . No wonder it hurts so much at times. He gave me some exercises to do for my back and neck area and I will see him twice a week at first (this is how he treats people with plantar fasciitis) and then taper down. Tonight, we are going out to eat with my sister-in-law to a good steak house. I will most likely get the filet mignon.

Water yesterday: 72 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That’s a good idea about the mushrooms. I need some for a recipe tonight so I’m going to air fry some to go with my lunch. The matzo balls are for Passover, which lasts a week, but can be eaten any time. They are not low in carbs. Plus my son used schmaltz (chicken fat). You’re on a roll with diet and exercise! @trooworld I’m glad you had a good experience with the chiropractor. I think the exercises should help. I do exercises for my hip in the morning before I get out of bed. The filet mignon is a good choice. Enjoy! Hi, all. I’ve got to finish packing today. I need to go to the grocery store to buy ingredients for dinner. I’m making instant pot beef stew with bacon and mushrooms from one of the ATK cookbooks my son bought. I’ll also do the bike. I have to get up at 4 tomorrow morning as our flight leaves at about 6.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes I agree. I hope you have a good trip!

HI all. I had a fabulous dinner last night, truly an experience. I did not order the filet, we decided to split the dishes between the three of us. We had:
    Cattleman's Cut Bone-In Dry Aged Ribeye
    Hokkaido Wagyu New York (flown in from Japan!)
    Seared Scallops
    Sides: Wedge salad, woodfired carrots, asparagus, mashed potatoes, housemade Parkerhouse rolls

I had never had real Wagyu beef before. I had never had caviar before (it came with the Wagyu). Both were naturally buttery and delicious. I will be forever spoiled from getting a supermarket steak lol. Unfortunately, today, I had a 3.2 lb gain likely from last night's dinner.

Water yesterday: 72 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Interesting on the fat pad on the heel I have something similar on the ball of my foot in the middle. I went to a Chinese restaurant last night for Bookclub and I ordered the steamed chicken dumplings and had two spring rolls and I knew better not to weigh this morning ha ha

@fabgeekmom I have arthritis in my left hip and so I’ve been doing hip exercises about a year now and that’s really helped. Enjoy your trip

Our book for bookclub was Four Treasures of the Sky by Jenny Zhang. I didn’t realize there were Chinese immigrants that came to the West in US in the 1800s. Some were forced migration

I have closed my circles 4 times this week. Today will be an off day. I came home from bookclub and walked on the treadmill to close my circle.

Don’t remember if I told you I lost 2.1 lbs since I started the MFP meal plan
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited April 26
    Options
    I tried @trooworld recipe for the creamy chicken. It was very good.

78u9z7i44y94.jpeg

The smashed potatoes reminded me of my mom‘s fried potatoes. This was good because I didn’t use any oil in them
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your meal out sounded really good. @theslightedgeforever The book you mentioned sounds interesting. Good job on the weight loss. Hi, all. I’m in California now. We’re staying in a town near the park. I have been up since 4 this morning as we had an early flight. We ate dinner at restaurant near the hotel. We both had New York Strip steaks (rare), mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy and string beans. We were so hungry and felt like it was the bed meal we’re had in a while! I tracked what I ate today even though it may not have been accurate. I plan to go to bed early. In the past, when I’m on the West coast, I wake up on Eastern time. I’m hoping I can trick my body to get my usual hours’ sleep.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I hope it can go away soon. Yeah, unfortunately, I'm in a group here on MFP (Fat2Fit) and I HAVE to weigh in on Fridays. :( That sounds like an interesting book. I put it on my Goodreads list. Wow, great job with the walking (and eating). Congrats on your loss! That's fabulous! Your chicken looks good. Did you add spinach? I love fried potatoes, especially with onions.

@fabgeekmom It was soooo good! Your dinner also sounds like it was good. I hope you were able to sleep.

Hi all. This weekend is an unusually busy weekend, it started on Thursday with that dinner, then last night we went to see the opera "Madama Butterfly", today we are going to Little Italy for an art festival and lunch, and tomorrow I am meeting a friend for coffee. We left the opera at intermission: I was just too tired from only sleeping 4 hours the night before. We came home and I went straight to bed. I feel better today. Before the opera, we ate at a restaurant. I ordered a shrimp Caesar salad. It was really good.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, Just wanted to stop in and let you know I am still here. LOL. All is well, I think I got distracted and never got on here. Sorry about that.

@trooworld Glad you got some answers to your foot pain. I have always believed answers are half the healing. LOL. Sorry about your weight gain and your busy week. This week will be better I am sure.

@theslightedgeforever Good for you for closing your circles. Glad you enjoyed the book club.

@fabgeekmom I hope you have a great time on your trip. You have planned ahead and that is great.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your weekend sounds exciting. Too bad you were too tired to enjoy the opera. But good that you took care of yourself. The shrimp Caesar salad sounds good. @cbabie I’m glad all is good with you. Hi, all. I had a hard night last night as I woke up every 2 hours with ankle and leg pains. I think it was from sitting on the plane and not drinking enough water. So today I drank more water and also did some stretches. I hope that helps. We had a great time driving through the park and looking at the beautiful mountains. We stopped occasionally and walked. I got over 11, 000 steps today. We ate some good food, too. Lunch was a salmon and avocado sub and lentil vegetable soup. It was so filling I ate only a few bites of the sub roll. Dinner was a mushroom ravioli with ciabatta bread. I only ate half as it was so filling.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I am glad to "see" you. I was wondering where you were lol. I'm glad all is well. You are probably right about answers. I hope this week is better.

@fabgeekmom Yes, it's been a great weekend. I'm sorry you had a hard night. Great step count. That food sounds amazing! How are you feeling today?

Hi all. Yesterday was a lot of fun. I bought two prints at the art festival and we ate lunch at my favorite Italian place in Little Italy. I had my usual (spaghetti and meatballs) and my husband had an appetizer platter. Here is a pic of one of the prints I bought along with the food. Of course, it's a print of a pug!

gfliw1dm1x9z.jpg
    9wdkz30vo3db.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited April 28
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I like your new profile pic. Your trip has started off right with a good meal. I bet the walking and sightseeing will be fabulous. Hopefully your sleep schedule will not be too messed up. I, too, had some leg pains last night. I was having a hard time falling asleep but was too lazy to just get up and get my support hose. That always takes away the aching.

@trooworld I added either leftover parsley or coriander. I can't remember which one I had. You always have such cultural events to attend. That spaghetti and meatballs look so good. The pug print is so cute and colorful.

@cbabie I hope you weren't too distracted from healthy eating and some exercise. Short spurts of exercise throughout the day work.

I lost 2.3 more lbs this week. I'm beginning my 3rd week of this program. No exercise this weekend so when I'm done I need to go do something. Probably hitting the tennis ball and some treadmill. Today's breakfast was yummy french toast with PB and syrup. lunch was a chicken soup with fava beans and green peppers. For dinner I'll be having apple cauliflower and broccoli salad. Cantaloupe and a SF iced coffee is the planned snacks.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld The spaghetti looks really good. I like the print. @theslightedgeforever Too bad about your leg pains. It really is hard to sleep with leg pains. I use Diclofenac gel ( the generic Voltaren) which helps some. Hi, all. I slept better last night but still woke up every few hours with ankle pains. I put some Diclifenec gel which helped enough for me to go back to sleep. Today we toured the park and enjoyed the scenery. I got a lot of steps again. We had some good meals. Tomorrow we are going to Sequoia National Park. I can’t wait to see the trees which are supposed to be really old.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Ah okay that explains the green! Yes, there is a lot going on in San Diego. I love it here! I always order the spaghetti and meatballs when I go there, it's really good. Thanks. Wow, congrats on that loss! Way to go. Your food sounds good.

@fabgeekmom Thanks, the spaghetti was good. I'm sorry about the ankle pains. What a fun trip you are having!

Hi all. Yesterday was a fun end to a great weekend. I met my friend for coffee and we stayed there for at least 2 hours. My husband ended up meeting us there and we talked for another while. My husband left with me and we went to see my BIL. There was an independent bookstore crawl going on for Independent Bookstore Day (which was Saturday), so we went to our favorite used bookstore and then to sit in the sun, and have a beer. The bookstore was really crowded so we didn't stay long. I made loaded baked potato soup for dinner in the Instant Pot. It came out well. My husband made garlic bread out of a loaf of focaccia. That was good as well.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, So glad to see you all here. My plan today is eat and track, 1 exercise off of Bodi (beachbody) I have set my goals for this week and expect myself to make them.

@trooworld your weekend sounded fun and relaxing. I would love to go to an old used bookstore. We used to have a big one in Phoenix, not sure if it's there anymore. I need to look that up. Thanks for sharing.

@fabgeekmom your trip sounds so fun, sorry about the aches. I know when I get dehydrated my legs ache something awful. Oh take pictures of one of the trees if you can and share...I bet that will be exciting. Sounds like you're making great choices and still enjoying your trip!!!

@theslightedgeforever yeah on the weight loss great job on staying on task.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your weekend sounded fun. Baked potato soup and garlic bread is a good combination. @cbabie Good luck with your goals. I don’t have any pictures yet as my son took them. I’ll see if I can attach some when he shares them with me. Hi, all. We had a good time at Sequoia Park. It was cold there and snow was still on the ground. The trees were awesome! The biggest one, I think, is called General Sherman. We ate at a nice restaurant tonight and both ordered ribeyes. We’re going home tomorrow. I look forward to getting back in my routine.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Good plan for today. It was a fun weekend. Yeah this one I went to is really cool and has a lot of good books. The prices are so-so but I guess it's better than paying full price lol. I hope your bookstore is still open.

@fabgeekmom It was fun! Yes, that was a great combination. Wow, snow on the ground! It's so amazing that California is so big that it has such different climates. I'm glad you've had a good trip.

Hi all. I did really well yesterday but I did have some ice cream. I didn't track it because I have to turn in this week's food logs to the dietician next Monday and I didn't want her to see the ice cream. If I were working with her long-term and wasn't trying to qualify for surgery, I would have tracked it.

Water yesterday: 90 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I don’t blame you about not tracking the ice cream. Hi, all. I’m in the airport waiting for our flight. I’ve done all my puzzles, using the internet while I have it.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did track my food yesterday, was over about 200 calories, but at least I know. I didn't get my exercise in, but I have started...

@trooworld I had ice cream last night too..LOL. I still haven't called about the bookstore, but I will and let you know.

@fabgeekmom So glad you are enjoying your trip and yes it's always NICE to come home and get back to our routine!! Great job on truly enjoying this, life is too short not to.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I have some Voltaren. Although I was just thinking if I got up to get that I might as well just put on my support hose. lol These go up to the hip. I kept them from my gallbladder surgery. I've always wanted to see those old trees. wow on the snow I hope your flight was a good one.

@trooworld Potato soup sounds good. Do they have sugar free ice cream? Hubby and I took a friend to the airport last night and he stopped to get ice cream on the way home. So I did well and chose a small scoop but sugar free. I didn't even look at the flavors I usually get. Didn't want to be tempted.

@cbabie Did you meet your goals you set for yourself? Did you track the ice cream? lol It's good you have started.

Food has been good so far this week.