NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,218 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yaay on your exercise and recognizing when you were full. I agree with nutrition being more important than exercise but I don't think it can just be an either OR. If one leg is missing the stool will still fall over. I hate tornadoes. I've been in two of them. Glad your wind died down.

@cbabie I did my Apple Fitness for 3 months and then cancelled. There wasn't anything that interested me that I couldn't get for free on YouTube. I think you have forgotten the tornado alerts in your old age. :) You grew up in same house as me. Although the two tornadoes I was in we lived in different parts of the state.

@trooworld So chug the water if that is what it takes. Coffee-flavored water may be good. When we do a colonoscopy we will drink liquids that don't really taste the best. Days of just liquids. But on our regular normal days we just say yes but.......this is why we are still not at our goal weight. National Library Week No wonder I saw so many book things on social media lately. I'm waiting for you to give me my journal prompt.

So I've been out of town past two days. My son got engaged and we had a big party at the new "inlaws" house. Very nice family. She has been good for my son's health journey. She's teaching him all about environment. Change your environment and you change your health. She can't blame environment on me cause he doesn't listen to anything I say or eat what I cook most of the time. lol
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Good luck with the scale. Too bad about the weather. @cbabie Pizza happens. Unfortunately sometimes heartburn does, too. Find something simple to meal plan. Perhaps buy healthy meats, vegetables and grains. Then put together meals. @theslightestedgeforever I agree. Exercise and healthy eating are important. Hi, all. I slept better last night. It’s still windy but I managed to go for a 30 minute walk. I also rode the bike for 20 minutes. I have to close those rings! Tonight my son is making loaded beef and bean nachos for family dinner. I made a fruit salad with mangoes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and bananas.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Ugh I hate when I eat things I know will make my stomach hurt. But it happens (it almost happened last night!). Thank you, I didn't weigh in, I'm just skipping until next week...that just feels right lol. LOL you are so funny!

@theslightedgeforever hahaha I don't know about coffee-flavored water. That's true about the colonoscopy. Yes, it was NLW. Journal prompt: "What is holding me back?" That's exciting your son got engaged. I'm glad he's got someone good in his life and helping him with his health. That's too bad he wouldn't listen to you!

@fabgeekmom Thanks. I'm glad you slept better. Yay for the exercise! I love nachos AND fruit salad. Invite me for dinner lol.

Hi all. I didn't weigh in yesterday even though I did eventually get my scale: I was already dressed and had eaten lunch so I didn't want to face that number. I'll weigh in next week. It was busy yesterday, I was running around and then I finished an art piece I was working on. I then posted it on Facebook and sold it within 30 minutes! I was very happy.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I don’t blame you for not weighing! That is great that you sold your art work. @theslightedgeforever I forgot to congratulate you on your son’s engagement. Hi, all. Today is the most spring like day we’ve had in a while. I plan to go for a walk. Tonight my son is grilling turkey burgers. Salad and tater tots with round out the meal.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom The loaded nachos sound really good along with the fruit salad. plus grilled turkey burgers Yum

@trooworld What's holding me back? Myself for one My procrastination thinking oh I'll do it later.
    Other people's schedule affecting mine. Not being consistent every day Yaaay on another piece of art sold.

Thanks for the congratulations.

So far I have done 20 min walking and 65 oz water I'm still good on the tracking. Chicken shawarmas for lunch since I didn't go grocery shopping yet from our trip. That's tomorrow's plan.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Goid job on the exercise. Chicken shawarmas sound good. Leftovers are always good.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I thought this an interesting article especially the part about what kind of cheater are you?

https://hellonutritarian.com/how-to-cheat-on-your-diet/
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you! That's good you have good weather. It has been chilly here but sunshine. Sounds like a good meal.

@theslightedgeforever I can see where those things would hold you back. Thank you. Are you going to your daughter's? Good job with the walking and all the water and tracking. That's an interesting article, I printed out the chart and am going to see how I do. Thanks for posting it. I haven't read the whole thing (yet) but I will.

Hi all. Yesterday was interesting. One of our old neighbors is very ill in the hospital with a lot of things wrong with her. We went to visit her, we hadn't seen her in probably 10 years. It was quite a shock: she is about 60 but now looks about 85-90. Her health has deteriorated so badly. It was sad, awful, and disturbing. It was a wake-up call, I believe. I need to do better. I don't want to end up immobile or in her condition. I'm going to use the chart at that link that @theslightedgeforever posted and see where I am in my journey.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry about your neighbor. Part of my motivation to live a healthy lifestyle is due to my dad’s morbid obesity and lack mobility before he died. Hi, all. I glanced at the article that @theslightedgeforever posted. Very interesting. But change cheating to staying on plan. To me, cheating has a negative connotation. Today is a swim day. We have burger from last night for lunch. Dinner is turkey ragu from last week.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Son graduated last year so no hockey and football this year. Opened up a lot of time in the day. Lol. Daughter is just in school volleyball (Sept/oct) and track in May so running around is minimal

Crappy weather moving in this week. Will be back on the treadmill. Fitness class Monday and Wednesday this week.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am planning on taking baby boy out for a walk when I am done here. It's going to be close to 100 this week..UGH, it's too early for that kind of weather. This weekend was okay...I didn't eat overboard yesterday, but still no exercise.

@renaegry Sounds like your kids just opened up your schedule to be more of YOUR scheldule.LOL. Sorry about the crappy weather, it's such a buzz kill..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Our children never listen to us...we don't know anything. LOL. Congrats on being on target and getting your routine back. I don't remember being in a tornado, but I do remember warnings. I think the house on Cole St would have blown away, with that open field next to us. LOL I signed up too for Apple fitness, but haven't even opened it. I still have Bodi that I don't use consistently.

@trooworld YEA!!!! on selling your art. That must be exciting. We all need a wake up call usually, some for weight, some for finances, some for being a work alcoholic, etc. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I have a friend who is my age who looks great and younger, she is on a cruise rn and sent a picture. I thought she looks 10 years younger than me..so yes time to get it together. Health is very important, my parents died way too early.

@fabgeekmom yea on walking and biking. I love Turkey burgers!!! I still have to try the cauliflower tater tots. I want to do that this week. I love tater tots. Your fruit salad sounds yummy! The think about meats, is I usually eat after everyone and let them have the meat and whatever we had with it....(I never know how much my DH will eat). you should see his portions ( :o and he is as skinny as they come. I know I need to think of me and my health so I am still here to cook for them..LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @renaegry I remember those days when my kids were on everything. It’s good that your son has graduated and you have more time for yourself. @cbabie You need to start thinking of yourself. I always get my portion. Serve yourself first!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. I'm sorry your dad was in that shape before he died. That must have been hard to witness. Cheating is negative to me, too.

@renaegry Sorry about your weather.

@cbabie 100 already??? Wow. I hope you got out with baby boy. How's he feeling? Is baby girl feeling back to herself? Thank you, yes it is thrilling when it happens. I need a wake-up call for a lot of things lol. Thank you, it was so shocking. Health IS very important. Sorry about your parents.

Hi all. I did much better than normal yesterday. I had the chart, and my old neighbor, in mind all day. I had been growing tomatoes in my aerogarden but they were getting too big for it so last night, I transplanted it outdoors. Hopefully, it lives. I still have basil and strawberry mint in the aerogarden growing. Outdoors, I have those tomatoes, baby lettuce and baby beets growing.

Water yesterday: 90 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I went for a walk yesterday, and planning on it today. I ate pretty good, but didn't track. My mouth hurting is helping..LOL.

@trooworld your garden sounds yummy!!. Great job on your efforts and successes yesterday. Yes it's warm...hopefully it's just a week and we haven't full blown gone into summer already.

@fabgeekmom it's hard to do that...I almost have to retrain my brain. I am working on understanding that I need to take care of me so that I will be around for them. Thank you for encouraging that.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad you had a good day. Your garden sounds nice. DH has planted tomatoes, yellow squash and butternut squash. In the past we haven’t had luck with squash but he planted early. Hope that helps. He’ll also plant some basil. He has strawberries that he planted last year. @cbabie Good job on the walk. Keep on learning how to be a little selfish. I don’t think anything is wrong with that. Hi, all. DH and I went to Wal-Mart today. We don’t go there that often. I found 2 pairs of jeans and he bought some shorts. I went for a walk after lunch as the weather was nice. Tonight for family dinner my son is grilling chicken teriyaki and zucchini, red onions and red peppers. Plus he’s cooking rice.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry your mouth is still hurting. That does make it hard to eat. Thanks, if insects don't get to the stuff in the pots, it should be good! Well, I guess try to enjoy the warm weather? LOL

@fabgeekmom Thanks. Your garden sounds good too. How did the strawberries do last year? I haven't had chicken teriyaki in a long time, we used to make it pretty frequently.

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I stuck to my plan until I didn't lol. My coworker had given me a bag of Cheetos Cheddar popcorn and I took it home. While waiting for dinner to be done, I got into it. That is my only mistake from yesterday. I didn't hit my water goal but I did pretty well.

Water yesterday: 72 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Eating the popcorn is just a slip up. Perhaps next time say no thank you. We have strawberries that are just ripening. The strawberries don’t ripen the first year they are planted. Hi, all. It’s cloudy here but it’s supposed to be up to 80. Today is a swim day. I have leftover chicken for lunch. My son is grilling pork burgers for dinner.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I did get to go for my walk yesterday, can't believe it's going to be in the high 90's this week and next. We already have the air on..UGH.. Today is a busy day, but it will go by fast. Not sure what is for dinner yet, that is next on my agenda..after getting baby girl to school. She only has 4 1/2 weeks left, the SUMMER!! LOL

@trooworld that's one thing I am working on trying to have easy access to...something that is easy to grab when I am getting those growlings in my tummy and it isn't a cookie, or a snack bar, etc. So what ideas can we come up with to have already done and ready to eat for the week or for 2 days then repeat..LOL. Agree with @fabgeekmom it's just a slip up.

@fabgeekmom What is a pork burger? I can't eat pork as it makes me retain water, but my family might like it. I didn't know strawberries don't ripen the first year. Oh my family would loved strawberries...I can't keep them in the house. I hope you enjoy your swim day.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie We use lean ground pork. We use recipes from ATK. Basically like any other meat. 90’s are really hot, especially this early. Hopefully there is an indoor exercise you can do. Hi, all. I spoke too early about the strawberries. They are green and not sure when they will ripen, probably when it gets hotter.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Hey all I've done loads better with my food. I had a bday gathering out with friends last night. I had crispy brussels sprouts for my appetizer and ordered the tacquitos appetizer as my main. Left one on the plate. They ordered a big carrot cake which I said no too so I could have my iced coffee instead. pick and choose my sugar grams.

This morning I went to breakfast with friends. One of my best friends is moving to Hawaii. I chose the shakshuka tacos and just ate the egg/tomato part and left behind the mini tortillas.

So far two days of exercise this week. It won't be happening today as I've had about 3 hours of sleep. The consequence of an iced coffee.

Water has been alot better than last week.