NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good job on making lifestyle changes. Too bad about the iced coffee causing insomnia. Hope you sleep better tonight.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes. Interesting to know about the strawberries. 80 is a nice temperature. I hope you enjoyed your swim and dinner.

@cbabie That's good you got a walk in. The year is going by fast, huh? In the fridge, I had Babybel cheeses, I had baby carrots, I had single-serve bags of chips on the counter but I wanted to TRY the cheese popcorn. I shouldn't have brought it home. :(

@theslightedgeforever That's good you are doing better with your food. Good job with your choice to skip the cake. Sounds like you ARE doing better.

Hi all. I got into the cheese popcorn again last night but I purposefully put it in a bowl instead of mindlessly eating out of the bag. So, progress. Today, we have a "world heritage potluck" at work. I am bringing Hungarian goulash. It is more of a soup than a stew (the stewy type is a different style I guess? This one is supposed to be more authentic). Since it will be hard to track, I pretracked 500 cals for the potluck.

Water yesterday: 72 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld The goulash sounds good. Tracking 500 calories is a good idea. Hi, all. I went for a short walk this morning before going to Target with my son. We bought protein bars, protein chips, seltzer water, and some TSA approved containers for lotion for my trip to Yosemite next week. Lunch was leftover burgers and protein chips. Dinner is going to be tacos with lean ground turkey.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom It was really good. How fun that you are going to Yosemite. I've never been there but want to go someday. Hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Hi all. I did so-so yesterday at the potluck. I wouldn't say I did well. The good news is that I didn't get into the cheese popcorn when I got home. I'm getting close to finishing a big project at work so that feels good. Today, I work from home and then have a Spanish lesson. I lost 1.6 lbs this week.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Morning, I didn't do ANYTHING yesterday...I just didn't want to..sat on the couch most of the day (if I wasn't chasing the baby). LOL. In May I start another challenge, it's sole purpose is for you to lose weight...I ALWAYS gain..it's almost like I am in rebellion..LOL. We shall see.

@fabgeekmom I have never been to Yosemite..enjoy your trip! My DH would love it if we could just travel, should have bought an RV and not a house..LOL

@trooworld YEA on the weight loss...see you got this. Yes I try to put my snacks even ice cream in a "small" container, so I don't mindlessly eat. My DH does a BOWL and I mean BOWL of ice cream..I think I would be sick. LOL. Enjoy working from home today!!

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Pot lucks happen! But you’re over it. Good job on limiting the popcorn. It’s a good feeling to be almost finished with a project, especially on the weekend. Congrats on the weight loss. @cbabie Chasing the baby is activity!Good luck on the challenge. Personally I don’t like group challenges as there is too much pressure. Hi, all. I had a busy day. We got up early to go swimming as I had a doctor’s appointment in the afternoon. Tonight is steak night. I’m hungry because I ate my meals earlier than usual. But I will wait until dinner.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That sounds relaxing. Thank you! That's good you put things in smaller containers. Most of the time, I do not lol.

@fabgeekmom Yes! Thanks! Oh yes, I've been working on this project for weeks so it will be good to finalize it. I hope you enjoyed steak night.

Hi all. Work went by slowly yesterday waiting for the weekend. After work was my Spanish lesson and then I made dinner: air-fried pork loin, roasted sweet potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts. We went out for a beer after that, just one. We went to this beer bar that I wanted to go to: they have this vending machine there with eclectic things in it: mini pieces of art, jewelry, fake mustaches, mini hands to put on your fingertips lol, candy cigarettes...etc. I was thinking of putting stuff in it. But I don't know, they don't pay much (I coincidentally started talking to the owner of the vending machine because she had a pug with her).

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,218 Member
    Options
    @cbabie So what else can you do to lose with with this other challenge? You aren't dead yet. Sell the house, buy an RV and travel.

@trooworld Yaaay on your weight loss and not getting into the cheese popcorn. I can't keep that in my house.

@fabgeekmom Yaay on your walk. How was the dr appt? Yosemite sounds fun. I've never been there. My daughter loved it.

I've tracked everyday so far this week. Closed my rings 3 times. Exercised 3 times.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your dinner sounded good. That was a good combination of foods. The vending machine at the beer bar is neat. Hi, all. It’s chilly here so I worked out on my bike. We had leftover steak for lunch. I ate mine on a salad. We are eating salad and some grilled chicken my son made last Tuesday and put in there freezer. We also have rice. So it’s an easy meal. We are going to see our granddaughter in a regional concert for the school system. I mentioned in an earlier post that she is a drummer. This was something that she tried out for and was accepted.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah I had to throw it out lol. Sounds like you are doing well.

@fabgeekmom Yes! and Yes! That's good you have an easy meal. Congrats to your granddaughter!

Hi all. I went to a fabulous musical yesterday with a coworker that was based on a segment of War and Peace by Tolstoy. I really enjoyed myself. I didn't eat much until we met up: I knew we were going to a coffee shop and I wanted this almond croissant at the coffee shop so I balanced out my day.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good job on tracking and closing your rings. It’s good to get into a routine. The doctor’s appointment was good. It was my routine appointment to get my Prolia injection to prevent osteoporosis. @trooworld That was a good idea to throw out the popcorn and plan for a treat. I’m glad you enjoyed the play. Hi, all. The concert was good last night. There were 2 groups: the sixth and seventh graders. Also a performance of a group playing the steel drums. The director of music spoke a bit about the importance of the arts in school. As in many schools there is talk about reducing the money spent on the arts. The guest conductor was a high school band instructor. He told us that he had dropped out of college, was homeless and then went back to school. Now he had a master’s degree and is not homeless. It was touching to see what music and the arts can do for a person.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. Yes, I agree, the arts are very important. Humans have been expressing themselves through the arts since the beginning of time. The arts were certainly very important to me!

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday, a Spanish lesson, worked on these pins I'm making, and then made a good healthy dinner: Spicy Gochujang Tofu Bowls on Skinnytaste's website (https://www.skinnytaste.com/spicy-gochujang-tofu-bowl). We really enjoyed them. Off to work today.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Steak and salad sounds good. Did you enjoy your bike ride? I love drum lines in a band. Yes arts are so important in school.

@trooworld Yaaay on balancing out your day. I would have enjoyed your concert. I enjoy the arts.

I'm headed to the gym when I finish this. I made one of the MFP recipes today. Ground turkey ? on cauliflower rice. I forgot the word they used. Basically ground turkey with indian spices and peas in it. Dh and I were going to go to a cafe for coffee and errands and I prepared it early so he wouldn't say let's just eat out. My calories have been running about 100 over each day. So I'm trying to work on that this week.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad you had a good day and enjoyed the meal you made. @theslightedgeforever Yes, I enjoyed my bike ride. I’m so happy that my daughter shares her Peloton app with me. The workouts are always fun and I can do a new one every time I workout. That was a great idea to prepare a meal instead of eating at the cafe. Eating out is hard and usually more calories than we actually track. Of course, we are not going to stop eating out, maybe just limit it. Hi, all. Today was a swim day and the water felt good. I am always tired after swimming and now am sitting in my chair wrapped up. Tonight we are having burgers, salad and fries. Easy meal.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, I went for a walk today, but my GD and Adult daughter went with me and the baby....the GD said why are you walking so fast...I said what's the purpose if you don't get your heart rate up? LOL. We are having subs tonight for dinner. I went to a Bodi training on Saturday..LOL I had to be the old lady in the back marching to part of his routines..But you know I moved..that's what I say.

@theslightedgeforever I am not sure what I will do with the cravings...I need to really change my mindset and I am working on that. I saw myself on video..not pretty. glad you have closed your circles 3 times...now I need to try 1..LOL. I get those messages at night...you can still do it.. I say say NO

@trooworld You are doing great..I love your creativity..LOL I saw the title of your recipe and said nope not for me.."spicy" is the first word I saw...

@fabgeekmom If I had room I would have a bike..I like to bike ride, it just seems to get hotter and hotter here and longer..I love that you meal plan. I was, fell off the wagon and going to start again this week. It makes my life so much less stressful.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! Concert? You mean the musical? I think you would have enjoyed it, the music was from many different genres and it was great! Have you made many of the MFP recipes? I never think to go to those, how are they? How was the ground turkey Indian one? How are you working on the 100 cals, pretracking things?

@fabgeekmom Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed your swim.

@cbabie Yay for your walk! It's good you had company even if they weren't necessarily walking for health lol. What is a Bodi training? Thanks, yeah not everyone can do spicy lol.

Hi all. My husband didn't feel like cooking last night, so he made an easy meal: Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips, bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun plus some seasoned fries in the air fryer. It was really good. We don't normally get frozen chicken strips but I had heard good things about these and I really liked them. They had simple ingredients. I recommend them.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I think swimming would be a good workout. I really just like to play in the pool. I get extremely hungry though after the pool.

@trooworld I have made two of the MFP recipes. I loved the basil tomato soup. The Indian ground turkey was good but next time I will make it a bit more soupy to go over my cauliflower rice. I am pretracking for the next day. Right now in the plan for week 2 they are just concentrating on the 2 snacks and lunch. Basically prepare your lunch for 4 days in advance so it's ready to go if you have to pack a lunch. I only eat one planned snack a day so I can combine my other snack with my dinner. We used to have a light lunch and heavy dinner and now we are switching that around. You and @fabgeekmom both were talking about music and I got the words messed up.

@cbabie Good for you and your walk. What is Bodi training? What if you were to try @trooworld's recipes but cut down on the amount of "hot" spices that she uses.

So I did get on treadmill yesterday and also did some weights and stretching. I was under 250 calories and under my carb goal too. 65 oz of water. A good day with everything.

I'm going to go hit a tennis ball on one of my walls for a bit. That will burn some calories. It works in my head. Let's see if it works in reality.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld It’s good that you and your husband take turns cooking. That meal sounds really good. @theslightedgeforever You're doing really well on your challenge. Being prepared is really important. Good job the exercise and being under calories. I’m hungry, too after swimming. It’s because I burn a lot of calories and it’s time for lunch. Food always tastes good after swimming! Hi, all. I did a few Peloton workouts on my bike. I have started packing for my trip. I’m looking forward to it. Tonight my son is making chicken soup with matzo balls for dinner.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Who is "they" when you say "they are just concentrating on..."? Are you following some plan? Good job with the pretracking, exercise, being under, and good water. You are smashing it! Did the tennis ball on the wall thing work out?

@fabgeekmom OH yeah, it would be really hard to cook every day by myself while working full-time. Good job with the workouts. Yum I love matzo ball soup! Where are you going to go?

Hi all. I have a chiropractor appt today, my first. I am going because of neck and back pain. I'm also going to see if there is anything they can do for the plantar fasciitis. I'm kind of not looking forward to this appt as I feel really self-conscious about them touching my body since I am overweight. Last night, I made an Eating Well recipe, Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms and I made mashed potatoes to go with it. It was pretty good and was super easy to make: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/259645/creamy-chicken-mushrooms/

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your recipe looked good and easy. Good luck with the chiropractor. I hope it gives you some relief. Still awesome that your husband cooks. My daughter’s husband doesn’t cook but she prepares easy meals and he’s not picky. When I was working we ate out a lot. My son and I are going to Yosemite. Hi, all. I made waffles this morning. I used the Kodiak mix that has a lot of protein. I made extra to freeze for later. Today is a swim day. My son is making more matzo balls to add to the soup from last night. We bought macaroons and chocolate almond candies for dessert. We all decided that the calories weren’t worth it so after we ate a few, we tossed them.