NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

It’s been a rough week. Started with the family finding out that my uncle (mom’s brother) unexpectedly passed away from a heart attack on the other side of the country. Then this morning my oldest dog had an episode that I’ve never seen. Thought she was having a seizure. Thankfully after a full work up at vets it was the doggy version of vertigo. Could be a one time thing or if it reoccurs could have some underlying health issue. I’m going with a one time thing.

Hope everyone else is having a good week! Will check in later.

Missy
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I hope you had a safe flight home.

@cbabie That's a pretty good day. Being over by 200 cals is not the end of the world, you were very close.

@theslightedgeforever Probably do have sugar-free ice cream but my husband bought Ben & Jerry's. I'll look the next time I go to the store. How's exercise been if food's been good?

@gemwolf110 I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle. And your poor pup. I've heard of dogs having that, I hope your pup is okay.

Hi all. I did okay yesterday (and no ice cream!). I bought some easy things from Sam's Club for this week: the butter chicken we had the other night, last night's gyro kit, and some macaroni and cheese for later this week. I wish there were enough options to get more of this kind of thing. If I wanted to go to Trader Joe's as well as the other places I go, that would be possible. Maybe I will try that this weekend.

Water yesterday: 80 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Morning all, yesterday was a bust. I didn't even try to track, but I am at it again today.

@trooworld Yes getting food that is easy and healthy is always a plus for me when my days are crazy. I just have to remember the time I spend on it, gives me back so much more than I spent.

@gemwolf110 Sorry to hear about your uncle and then the dog..take a moment to digest and deep breaths. Yes a one time thing for your dog is the best way to think.

@theslightedgeforever I can see your DH wanting to stop for ice cream..good choice you made. That's great. I met one goal, but not the exercise goal. Today is another stab at the goals. I did walk yesterday, but it was so hot..have to go at a different time..LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi,all. My flight on the last leg of our trip was canceled due to maintenance problems so my son and I spent the night in a hotel at the airport. I didn’t get much sleep as we had to leave the hotel at 4:00 for a 6:00 flight. Plus I woke up with leg cramps. I have napped some and am being lazy. We are getting a rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight. I have read the previous posts but am too tired to respond to them.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Thank you all!! Kiara is all good now.back to her happy energetic self! Thank goodness!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Dust yourself off and do it today. :D You are right about the food.

@fabgeekmom Oh no! I'm sorry that happened but glad you didn't have to spend the night in the actual airport. Get some rest.

@gemwolf110 Awesome! I'm glad Klara is feeling better.

Hi all. I've been watching "Live to 100: Secrets of the Blue Zones" on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/81214929 It's really profound, how these people are living. It has inspired me to buy the cookbook and workbook and try it out. I highly recommend it. Yesterday was a good day, I ate well and stuck to the plan. I also took a chance with my foot and went for a walk on my lunch break. Not a long one, but a good start. It was sunny out and it was actually a little hot, so I went inside and did a few laps inside the building.

Water yesterday: 90 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld That’s interesting about the people in the blue zones. I have heard about them and not sure if I could follow that lifestyle. I’m satisfied with my lifestyle. Good job on the walk. Hi, all. I feel more rested today. I napped a lot yesterday. We were watching a show on Brit Box and I think I only saw the first five minutes. And I had a good night’s sleep. This morning it was good to get back in my breakfast routine. Tonight we are having pasta with ground turkey and jarred sauce ( Rao’s).plus a salad. Today is a swim day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I tracked yesterday and it was UGLY..but I tracked, went on a walk before dinner, so trying to get this to be routine and just a habit..

@gemwolf110 So glad Kara is all back to normal!! Have a great rest of your week.

@trooworld I will look that up. I am learning that if it's too restrictive I won't do it. I keep saying I want to live until I am at least 95 as I have a 5 year old I want to see grow up....but then I look at the world and second guess myself..LOL. Great job on the food and your walk...yes we are in the high 90s here now..UGH

@fabgeekmom So sorry your flight was cancelled and you spent the night at a hotel. I wouldn't have slept either, afraid I would over sleep. Glad you are getting back into your routine. I keep seeing that Brit Box and wonder if it was any good.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Sorry about your uncle. My next door neighbor passed away 3 days ago. I was so shocked. I think the suddenness of it all highlights our own mortality. Hope the doggy vertigo was a one time thing. Yaaay I see she's back to her old self.

@trooworld exercise has been terrible this week. Too many unexpected things and events I suddenly had to attend to. I did not keep my exercise as a priority. I'm just glad I was eating well to keep losing weight. I saw that Blue Zone 100 Netflix documentary. The thing that stood out to me most was the active movement these people got more than the food. They were constantly climbing hills and stairs. It reminded me of my granny. She lived til 95. She walked to the grocery store. Was always active in her garden. Always on the move. The people in California surprised me though. I thought it was only in Asia. You did very well on your water.

@cbabie Hot- that is why hubby wanted some ice cream. I tell him summer is not even here yet. That's good that you tracked.

@fabgeekmom Too bad about your last flight. Government just passed something that makes airlines compensate passengers for delays and cancellations. Cash back not just travel vouchers. So check into that. https://transportation.gov/briefing-room/biden-harris-administration-announces-final-rule-requiring-automatic-refunds-airline

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Good job on tracking and your walk. @theslightedgeforever I knew about the new law concerning the airlines. I’m sure my son will check everything. I’m glad that you are eating well. Sometimes we just can’t exercise.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yeah I don't know if I will be able to, but I'm going to try. Everyone has to do what works for them! :D Thank you. I'm glad you got some rest. Good job with swimming.

@cbabie Good job tracking even when it was ugly. That's hard! LOL And good job with the walk. You might find the Blue Zones too restrictive for you. But you might take something that you can apply. Thanks. Ugh, 90s already???

@theslightedgeforever I bet next week will be better. Yes, that's right, they were moving and mostly in just being active in natural ways. Wow, 95! What a great thing. Yeah, I had not heard of the people in CA before. I had heard of the Japanese area living that long.

Hi all. I felt like I did a lot of things right this week and I still gained 0.8 lbs. :( It just reinforces why I am trying to qualify for surgery. It's so frustrating. Anyway, I have an art opening tonight which I have to be at. I'll try not to let this gain ruin my day.

Water yesterday: 72 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't track yesterday. I felt sluggish, legs ached, headache...etc. I didn't do too well on the eating and I did walk and my joints hurt the whole way. LOL

@trooworld Sorry about the gain, yes 90's..want me to send you some? LOL. I hope you have fun with your art tonight...it's something you really enjoy.

@fabgeekmom Thanks..LOL My watch just told me it was time to stand..I have been on the computer too long..

@theslightedgeforever you will get back to the exercise, one week does not a habit make. LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Too bad about the weight gain. I think you are right about the need for surgery. The weight gain is not your fault. So don’t let that steal your joy. @cbabie Sorry you had a bad day. I understand joint pain. Hi, all. DH and I went to Jo Ann’s fabric today to buy something for a chair he is reupholstering. Then to Trader Joe’s. I didn’t get much but it’s always fun to go there. I did a Peloton walk outdoors and it felt good. After lunch I did a Peloton workout on the bike. Now I’m going to relax and eat a RX bar for a snack.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry you didn't feel well yesterday. That's good you got a walk in even though you were feeling that way. Thanks. NO keep your 90s lol! Although I do wish it would warm up to the mid to high 70s. :D Yes, I do enjoy my art.

@fabgeekmom Thanks. I appreciate that. I went to Trader Joe's yesterday, too! What a good idea to do a Peloton walk outdoors. And good job with the bike, too!

Hi all. I did not feel well all day: a little dizzy and nauseous. I think it was a migraine coming on. I took migraine medication and felt better by the time we left for the gallery at 4:30. I had a great time at the gallery: I had several deep conversations about my art piece with total strangers. And some of my friends came. I'm glad I felt well enough to go. I almost didn't go. Today, I need to get groceries this morning before my chiropractic appointment. I have some household stuff to do as well. Tonight, I'll work on a care package for my best friend who is having a hard time at work.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• gemwolf110
    Options
    gnyy19rrmdk8.jpeg

It’s gorgeous outside where I’m at. Hoping to get some yardwork done. Morning tired me out taking 3 of the dogs to vets for scheduled vaccines. Phew 😮‍💨
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Glad the weather is nice where you are. I can imagine taking three dogs to the vet would be tiring. @trooworld Glad you did not have a migraine and enjoyed the art show. That’s kind of you to do something nice for your friend. Hi, all. It’s cloudy and little cool here. I did a Peloton workout on my bike. DH and I went grocery shopping and got ingredients for tonight. My son is making chicken cheese steaks (ATK). Having French fries and coleslaw.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 YES!!! May the 4th be with you as well. I hope you celebrated appropriately! :D I hope you got the yardwork done.

@fabgeekmom I had a migraine but it went away. Thanks. It was cloudy and cool here yesterday, too. Good job with your workout. Chicken cheese steaks sound amazing!

Hi all. I didn't get much done yesterday, I felt lazy and tired. I went to my chiropractic appt and realized when he turned my head to the right that I am suffering from vertigo again, so that is also why I was feeling off on Friday. I need to deal with that. I didn't make my friend's care package, I hope to work on it today. I also have to fold laundry and we are making food for Cinco de Mayo: shredded beef tacos, mango-cucumber-avocado salad, and margaritas. I harvested some of the lettuce I've been growing in containers and had a salad with it last night and the lettuce was so good.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Too bad about the vertigo. Hopefully the chiropractor can do something different that will not cause it to happen. Your meal sounds good. Hi, all. Not much happening today: workout on the bike, grocery shopping. I’m tired today. I think it’s taking me a while to get back to normal after my trip. My daughter is coming over and preparing dinner. Her kitchen is being remodeled so she hasn’t been able to prepare meals except to reheat food in the microwave. And Sunday is usually her day to cook. She’s preparing a shrimp dish from the NYT app.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    @trooworld i hope you feel better soon. Vertigo isn’t fun at all.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good Morning!

Sunday I had planned to go to church when the Bishop was visiting and coming home to clean, etc. I made it to church but not the cleaning. Took my grandma out to lunch and grocery shopping with her. It was a good day. She’s 90 years old and can’t drive. She had a stroke last year and then COVID and it’s just been a declining since mostly memory. It’s awful to see and she is aware that she can’t remember things that she should remember.

Kiara is doing great, never would have known she wasn’t feeling good on Tuesday. She turned 14! yesterday. Rest of the pack are good! Bronco turned 9 on Wednesday. Keep praying they all stay being healthy and live a long healthy doggie lives.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Missy